00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

King-Kiddoh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,836,840 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-29 18:25:13

At 7/29/07 02:21 PM, Mendou wrote: No they don't, personally it annoys me if a show constantly shows some sort of reference to anything.

Yeah, gets bloody grating after a while.

Plus Lucky Star is just plain awful anyway.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-29 19:56:38

It would be funny if they just start the second season of Haruhi in the middle of lucky star.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-29 20:06:00

At 7/29/07 03:06 AM, Kuro wrote: As far as I remember, they also banned Urotsukidoji.

Urotsukidoji is fun to watch with your wisecracking friends. It's such a stupid piece of crap that it's funny. A friend of mine and I were showing it to a friend of ours who hadn't seen it and we had plenty of laughs.

And no, none of us like hentai.

At 7/29/07 05:34 PM, tom5coat wrote: that could be it. That picture looks VERY familiar.

Yeah, the villain is Saburo/Hakaider.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-29 20:19:42

At 7/29/07 08:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Urotsukidoji is fun to watch with your wisecracking friends. It's such a stupid piece of crap that it's funny. A friend of mine and I were showing it to a friend of ours who hadn't seen it and we had plenty of laughs.

Yep, it's comic-fucking-gold.

Anything related to Toshio Maeda is funny as fuck.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 00:11:23

At 7/29/07 07:56 PM, SenorPresidente wrote: It would be funny if they just start the second season of Haruhi in the middle of lucky star.

The second season just got announced like... 3 weeks ago, and Lucky Star only has 8 episodes to go.

Somehow I doubt that situation will arise.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 00:28:34

New purchases:

Fushigi Yugi-The Mysterious Play Volume 1 (Manga) by Yu Watase.
Nana Volume 3 (Manga) By Ai Yazawa.

GIRL PWR GUYS >: (

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 00:39:41

At 7/30/07 12:28 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: New purchases:

'Bout fucking time...

God, must...get off ass and....order....Lum statue and Black Jack boxset.

Lord knows I have the money, so I might as well bite the bullet and spend it already.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 00:43:54

At 7/30/07 12:39 AM, Gendo wrote: Lord knows I have the money, so I might as well bite the bullet and spend it already.

I almost went into the comic store to buy something when I was in town yesterday.

That was when I opened my wallet and found a rather large sample of nothing in it.

Life is cruel.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 00:53:50

At 7/30/07 12:43 AM, Kuro wrote: I almost went into the comic store to buy something when I was in town yesterday.

That was when I opened my wallet and found a rather large sample of nothing in it.

Life is cruel.

I cannot count how many times that has happened to me.

Or worse, I've been on vacation and found myself a few dollars short of or passing up something I want and end up leaving before having the chance to gain more funds or re-think the decision.

That particular pain in the ass cost me MPD Psycho (complete TV series), Knights of Ramune, Castle of Calgiostro, Otaku no Video, Escaflowne, The Original Dirty Pair (complete series), the Lupin III videogame and a bitchin' poster of King Leonidas.

Better still, I passed up all of those on the same vacation. To further spit in my own face, I could have easily purchased all of them if I hadn't bought those few artbooks, volume four of Hellsing and Xenosaga: Der Wille Zur Macht.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 01:45:22

At 7/30/07 12:39 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 12:28 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: New purchases:

'Bout fucking time...

After watching the entire series, and the first OVA; I get to buy 17 more Manga's, and read them. Not to mention the prequel series, that's still ongoing Fushigi Yugi-Genbu Kaiden. UGHHHHHHH, DAMNIT WATASE AND YOU'RE ARRAY OF EPIC STORY MAKING.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:06:11

At 7/29/07 08:06 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
And no, none of us like hentai.

I like hentai...

When I die. It will be in a blaze of glory.

Metal Hellion/My band (Bestial Remains) Myspace/Sonic Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:15:54

At 7/30/07 02:10 AM, Mendou wrote:
Glad to hear that, personally i only watch it on occasion. At least make seven word or more post from now on.

Shit I forgot! My bad...
In other news I've almost finshed watching Hellsing again.
Just a few more episodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:30:01

At 7/30/07 02:20 AM, Mendou wrote:
The anime goes downhill by the end so don't expect anything good, if you haven't seen them then i recommend you watch the Hellsing OVA's(Hellsing ultimate)

Kay, know where I can get it?
I know I'll sound like a super n00b for this but what is OVA really?

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:31:05

At 7/30/07 02:30 AM, Blackdoom13 wrote: Kay, know where I can get it?

Any decent DVD shop or comic store.

Original Video Animation. Anime produced solely for home video release.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:35:32

At 7/30/07 02:31 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 02:30 AM, Blackdoom13 wrote: Kay, know where I can get it?
Any decent DVD shop or comic store.

Ahh, we've got nothing in this little town of mine...

Original Video Animation. Anime produced solely for home video release.

Oh, ok, yay I learned something on my birthday! (learned something I care about...)

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:44:30

At 7/30/07 02:35 AM, Blackdoom13 wrote: Ahh, we've got nothing in this little town of mine...

Ah, shitsux.

Order 'em online, they're cheaper that way anyhoo.

Oh, ok, yay I learned something on my birthday! (learned something I care about...)

Congrats.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 02:50:36

At 7/30/07 02:44 AM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 02:35 AM, Blackdoom13 wrote: Ahh, we've got nothing in this little town of mine...
Ah, shitsux.

Roger that captain.
I'll look in to it.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 03:00:05

At 7/30/07 02:46 AM, Mendou wrote: Niether do i(except for a FYE but it only sells mainstream crap) then you could always just buy the Hellsing OVA's off the net.

Your FYE must really suck.

I remember all the FYEs in Maine being very epic, plus the FYE site has shitloads of good stock.

My only issue with FYE is the price of some items, it can be a bit too high.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 05:19:18

Places where I can buy anime/manga...

I can go to the Gamesman which has a reasonable selection of anime for a game shop, and a modest selection of manga...

EB has a shelf of anime I believe...

There's whatever Berserk Bros. changed their names to, but I haven't found that shop again after they moved, but that had a reasonable amount of manga last I checked, and happens to be the place I've bought most of the ones I own (which amounts to... 10 or something (I'm manga-pathetic)...

And some random comic shop that I don't know that name of, which had a bunch of manga last I checked.

But then again, I don't have a huge desire to buy anything at the moment.

I'm satisfying my comic desires by reading some Vertigo comics (Sandman and the like), and I'm just generally renting anime.

Maybe I'll buy a box set of Cowboy Bebop, or Paranoia Agent in the future.

Or possibly Tekkonkinkreet... Though that would be hard to find...

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 05:35:55

Man, you guys are lucky. The only place I can get any anime related material is a bookstore with a very small selection of manga. If I ever want to get anything good. I have to order it online. T.T

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 05:44:38

At 7/30/07 05:35 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Man, you guys are lucky. The only place I can get any anime related material is a bookstore with a very small selection of manga. If I ever want to get anything good. I have to order it online. T.T

You live in Chilliwack, and the more east you go from Vancouver, the less, and less anime oriented it gets. Also, you're a total Dean'r : D

Fubar Reference.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 05:47:56

Chilliwack is not so bad. Theirs an anime convention in Surry every August and May. Though... I'm always too busy with work to go. >.<

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 13:45:34

There are only a few places to buy anime and manga around here.

Sydney Games rules the manga-selling world with a large selection of out-of-print and obscure titles, plus all manga is $10 flat. They've got little in the way of anime (Hellsing OVAs, and the occasional boxset of an older series), but fuck-tons of statues, toys and model kits (they just got a fresh stock fo Gundam merch recently).

Collectibles Guild is like the bastard child of a thirft shop, a comic shop, a record shop and smoke shop. They provide rare comics, anime, manga, toys, vinyl LPs and pipes of all sorts for ludicrously reasonable prices. They also accept sales and trade-ins, and your store credit is damn near limitless, plus if you don't spend it in one go, the clerk keeps track of how much you have left.

Coles is our shitty little branch of the Indigo bookstore chain, only good for Death Note and really awful Tokyopop manga. Fortunately, you can order almost whatever you want in-store, but the shipping times are erratic and it's not advisable to order DVDs from there (since a friend and I have ordered several that never, ever arrived, even after months of waiting).

Musicworld is the king of the anime world here.The selection varies from "insanely good" to "pathetic" (depending upon time of the year, recent releases, etc.), but they have the most of any store, fairly good prices (often a large chunk off the American retail price, you can get all of GitS: S.A.C. for $70) and occasionally get some awesome boxsets in.

WalMart, while not a shine on any of the other stores, also has passable anime stock. Case Closed, Bleach, Naruto, basically any mainstream show....but for dead cheap. Lurk in the bargains bins, in the past year alone I've found some Ranma 1/2, all of Speed Racer and countless awesome samurai flicks for less than $10 a pop.

Zellers is sorta new to this competition. Someone must be scrounging through the back room for a total stock clearance, because now they've got all of Project Arms, Cyber City Oedo: 808, and a few other series for $4.99 each. It's worth checking back ever week or so to see if they manage to dig something else out.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 17:23:02

At 7/30/07 02:46 AM, Mendou wrote: Niether do i(except for a FYE but it only sells mainstream crap)

I've found good anime at FYE. That's where I got Polymatrix for around 7 bucks. I also got both seasons of Orphen there (I had gotten some volumes of season 1 from Media Play, though), volumes of Lupin III, and the Crying Freeman box set. I've probably recieved anime as gifts that were bought there as well. And I've seen plenty of other good stuff there including Hellsing (I don't know if that's where it was bought for me when I got the box set as a gift). There's a fairly big wall for anime at my local FYE that also has a small shelf with boxes of pocky and bottles of ramune and those Japanese fruitsnacks....or whatever they are. I haven't had those. They have anime t shirts there now, too. I believe they have a few figures there as well. I can't be sure, but I think I also saw a few manga there.

At 7/30/07 03:00 AM, Gendo wrote: My only issue with FYE is the price of some items, it can be a bit too high.

very much agreed. I've found items there that cost much less elsewhere.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 18:03:06

I get my anime mainly from a comic shop that i have been going to since i was 13 when i started playing yugioh and magic the gathering. I have wasted too much money in that place over the years and i am consider "Legendary Boy A" i even was offer a job but it paid too little and try to even it out by giving you store credit.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 18:21:15

At 7/30/07 04:31 PM, Mendou wrote: Either that or i could always check out my local best buy....or take another look at my local FYE. Last time i saw it only had Haruhi, Bleach, Naruto and a few low grade hentai films. But it wouldn't hurt to take another look.....

None of the shops 'round here have Haruhi or low-grade H, so consider yourself lucky.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 20:16:35

My local Saturday Matinee(sp?) has what I've come to believe as an entire shelf of Hentai.
Right next to the anime.

Confusion much?

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 20:21:53

At 7/30/07 08:16 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: My local Saturday Matinee(sp?) has what I've come to believe as an entire shelf of Hentai.

Hahahahahaha, oh Lord.

Well that's just plain awesome, I remember one of the video stores in Halifax (I believe it was a Blockbuster) had a shit-ton of H VHS tapes, and Rogers Video in Frederiction had some hentai as well.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 20:25:49

At 7/30/07 08:21 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 08:16 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: My local Saturday Matinee(sp?) has what I've come to believe as an entire shelf of Hentai.
Hahahahahaha, oh Lord.

Well that's just plain awesome, I remember one of the video stores in Halifax (I believe it was a Blockbuster) had a shit-ton of H VHS tapes, and Rogers Video in Frederiction had some hentai as well.

Oh man, this store went overboard. They've got at least 200 titles. La Blue Girl, Bible Black, and some crazy stuff I've never heard of.
Not that...... I've browsed it or anything....

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 20:36:25

At 7/30/07 08:25 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Oh man, this store went overboard. They've got at least 200 titles. La Blue Girl,

Stop right there, please give me a map to this store.

I must move to your town.