00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Interloping just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,357 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 20:52:25

My fucking favorite manga shop[Otaku Joe's] closed today. Apparantly they were not selling enough to make a profit. It sucks, but I managed to buy The Super Ranma watch in the clearance sale. It is the only one i am missing, not because of availabilty, but because of sheer laziness. I am one step closer to becoming the ultimate Ran-tard.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 20:58:13

At 7/30/07 08:52 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: My fucking favorite manga shop[Otaku Joe's] closed today. Apparantly they were not selling enough to make a profit.

Fuck, that sucks.

The former best manga shop in town, Digger's, closed without warning a few months ago. Probably for the same reasons.

It sucks, but I managed to buy The Super Ranma watch in the clearance sale. It is the only one i am missing, not because of availabilty, but because of sheer laziness. I am one step closer to becoming the ultimate Ran-tard.

You're fucking scaring me now.

As much as I love the series and whorishly purchasing anime merchandise, I'd never buy a licensed watch.

I don't even ever wear a watch, so even if I did buy one it'd just collect dust.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 21:06:32

Meh, the watch was 10 bucks, and I like to collect it. Also, damn straight I'm scaring you. I came to this forum with 6 goals, but I forget what they were. So, as you can see, I like Ranma a wee bit too much. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Moving on from ranma obsession, The Eureka 7 series is being released in volumes of 4 or 5 once a month, so I should have my mecha-fighting goodness complete by the end of the year. I tried reading the manga, but since it is an adaptation from the anime, it feels like a whole other story, kinda like the FLCL manga.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 21:11:57

At 7/30/07 09:06 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Meh, the watch was 10 bucks, and I like to collect it. Also, damn straight I'm scaring you. I came to this forum with 6 goals, but I forget what they were.

You clearly have the memory of an elephant.

An elephant with Alzheimer's.

So, as you can see, I like Ranma a wee bit too much. But I wouldn't have it any other way.

Pffft, you think you're obsessed? Try giving my mind a looksee!

Oh, shit, sorry, that's physically impossible.

Meh, whatevs, point is, my obsession transcends the material world....big time.

Moving on from ranma obsession, The Eureka 7 series is being released in volumes of 4 or 5 once a month, so I should have my mecha-fighting goodness complete by the end of the year. I tried reading the manga, but since it is an adaptation from the anime, it feels like a whole other story, kinda like the FLCL manga.

E7 is win.

Also, for my money, the FLCL manga was better than the anime. The only problem I had with it was the lack of Kamon, everything else was done better.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 21:19:28

At 7/30/07 09:11 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 09:06 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote:
Also, for my money, the FLCL manga was better than the anime. The only problem I had with it was the lack of Kamon, everything else was done better.

Well, there was kamon........ except this time around the baseball bat did a bit more damage to him......

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 21:54:20

At 7/30/07 08:36 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 08:25 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: Oh man, this store went overboard. They've got at least 200 titles. La Blue Girl,
Stop right there, please give me a map to this store.

I must move to your town.

Yeah. I think they've got a few DVDS.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.

Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 22:14:21

At 7/30/07 04:31 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/30/07 05:35 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: Man, you guys are lucky. The only place I can get any anime related material is a bookstore with a very small selection of manga. If I ever want to get anything good. I have to order it online. T.T
Only way for me to get my anime is also online, but i remember a few years ago there was a suncoast that had LOADS of anime. To bad they went out of business.......

Either that or i could always check out my local best buy....or take another look at my local FYE. Last time i saw it only had Haruhi, Bleach, Naruto and a few low grade hentai films. But it wouldn't hurt to take another look.....

My best buy is awesome. Why? Lupin the Third Movies. It had the only Haruhi DVD, and I actually saw Akira special edition for get this, $9.99. Also, I love Haruhi, so you my aswell buy it if you're into that series, but I would rather spend double the money on the Box Sets. I fucking need those. Topic Shift: Yuu Watase is a huge fan of Ranma, and Urusei Yatsura, and the Ranma 1/2 Soundtracks. Which makes her awesome.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 23:08:05

At 7/30/07 09:19 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Well, there was kamon........ except this time around the baseball bat did a bit more damage to him......

I know, he needed more of a role in the manga, since he was a fucking badass.

At 7/30/07 10:14 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Topic Shift: Yuu Watase is a huge fan of Ranma, and Urusei Yatsura, and the Ranma 1/2 Soundtracks. Which makes her awesome.

Yes it does.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-30 23:25:36

At 7/30/07 11:08 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 09:19 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Well, there was kamon........ except this time around the baseball bat did a bit more damage to him......
I know, he needed more of a role in the manga, since he was a fucking badass.
At 7/30/07 10:14 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Topic Shift: Yuu Watase is a huge fan of Ranma, and Urusei Yatsura, and the Ranma 1/2 Soundtracks. Which makes her awesome.
Yes it does.

In fact, in Genbu Kaiden, one of the Genbu seven can switch his genders when his character appears. And he can only use his powers in female form. Inspired by Ranma? Though, it does differ from Ranma.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 02:17:22

At 7/30/07 10:14 PM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: Also, I love Haruhi, so you my aswell buy it if you're into that series, but I would rather spend double the money on the Box Sets.

I like the box sets that cost less than the actual DVDs by themselves.

Though those don't usually have anything special like... Uh... A CD or a cosplay ribbon or whatever.

But since I'm able to get a box set of something like Cowboy Bebop: Remix (which has like... Enhanced sound or something) DVDs for $100 NZD, ($75 US dollars now, but I think we're trying to get our dollar lowered) instead of the $180 it would cost otherwise, I wouldn't complain.

Though Haruhi doesn't appear to have even released here, which is somewhat depressing.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 07:51:03

After playing Gundam VS Zeta Gundam for 23 hours straight, I now have a strong wish of seeing both MSGundam and Zeta Gundam. Since CN stopped the airing of MSGundam about ten episodes shy due to 9/11 I've been always wanting to see the last ones and it all over again.

Currently I'm watching: After War Gundam X. It's awesome thus far. Gundam powered by moon light hell yes.

[ King of Hearts: Domon Kasshu - Anime Club ] :: [ Final Fantasy Club ]

XBL / PSN - Voidist

Malice is my Sword, Rage my Armour & Anger my Shield.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 10:21:40

Woot yar.
I am posting from Korea after getting a steady connection and a working computer after several days.

First things first, congratulations to Akatsuki321 for changing his name into something he has grown out of at a good rate. As well as the fact that his name has even more of a pun than before, though it is a good one.

Second, I will still be in Korea sightseeing so I do not have time to post often until 48 hours from now.

At 7/28/07 04:40 AM, Kisuke wrote: Yeah. Gundam VS Zeta Gundam is by far the best out of all of the Gundam games made. Well, maybe aside from Gundam Battle Assualt II, then again not sure since both are just that good. But yeah, Federation VS Zeon was good as well.

If you think Gundam VS Z Gundam is by far the best application of the Gundam Franchise, I highly recommend that you import Gundam SEED: Rengou VS Zaft Portable or the PS2 Equivalent and its sequel. Not only have they fixed the ridiculously slow pace as well as improved on the "Kakusei" System, they have also given the option for unlimited Kakusei AND Thruster for more intense games.

I saw a Gundam SEED game there too that I had never even heard of. Not mentioned on tv or in any magazins at all. I almost ALMOST got it due to only being about $20 but I opted for Dragon Quest VIII, the boxed edition. Also only $20 so yeah...

There are several released in the form of the G Generation Series and a smaller title for the PS2. Though the gameplay for the games mentioned are nowhere as 'playable' or true to the TV Series as compared to Rengou VS ZAFT (Original, 2 and Portable as well as their Deluxe versions).

Yeah. ZZ is a BEAST in that game along with Zeta and a lot of other MS. The two I mentioned before hand and MS Saga: A New Dawn are my favorite ones. MS Saga is basically a Gundam RPG chibi style. But what I'm REALLY looking forward to is the Gundam Dynasty Warrior's game. It's basically like the Dynasty Warrior series, fighting style included but with Gundams. I came when I heard about this.

Gundam Musou has one of the best things in timeline merges which Bandai/Banpresto is famous for; Unexpected teamings, ranging from Char and Amuro coming to terms with each other all the way to Domon, Zechs and Ple teaming up to fight.

That would rock if JAM Project was there. But maybe they'd rather have more money in their pockets in the end perhaps?

I am thinking that is is more of a lack fo understanding and respect of their songs because America or any other country would not have the powerful fanbase that the Japanese fans (age all the way from 12 to 60s because of their long history of songs).

Besides, JAM Project is not only known for songs for Robot Shows. Kageyama is the same person who sung the openings for Dragon Ball Z, for example. They are better off singing in their own hosted concerts much like how Squeenix can have the famous "More Friends" concert back several years ago.

But it had all the bells and whistles to it as well. Shield, heat axe, machine gun and even some crackers too. Not to mention is was a high gloss finish and had a lot of detail into it. Plastic but it was aweomse. I have around $2.5k right now so maybe one day...

Why not get the eye-opener HY2M model of the MS-06? It's a massive 1:12 scale which stands over 5 feet when fully assembled.

Ah you've seen it too. It looks pretty good does it not?

Of course I have. And it looks amaaaaaaazingly fun.

I head Crossfire for the PS3 sucked pretty bad which is a real shame. They said it was basically just rushed to be a launch title instead of taking a fem more months and turn it into a monster of a Gundam game.

That has become pretty typical Bandai habit to me, since it was the same case for the first Gundam game for PS2 (labelled Journey to Jaburo in the foreign releases).

MOAR PICTURES NOW!

I want to post several more right now, but like I mentioned earlier, it will be a day and a bit more before I return to Hong Kong.

At 7/31/07 07:51 AM, Kisuke wrote: After playing Gundam VS Zeta Gundam for 23 hours straight, I now have a strong wish of seeing both MSGundam and Zeta Gundam. Since CN stopped the airing of MSGundam about ten episodes shy due to 9/11 I've been always wanting to see the last ones and it all over again.

Just buy the Box-Sets online, don't bother with waiting for an opportunity which would not likely return.

Plus, you would be compelled to replay the first appearance of Char's Zaku several times before continuing to watch, not to mention the debut of "THIS IS NO ZAKU, BOY! NO ZAKU!".

Currently I'm watching: After War Gundam X. It's awesome thus far. Gundam powered by moon light hell yes.

And without the Super-Robot cliche's even. A shame that it got shortened down much like the original Gundam. <_<

But Tokita's version of the ending, Jamil Neate's backstory during and after the Seventh Space War as well as the bonuses he added (Gundam Party, anyone?); those are a must-read.

Next Release ETA: ?

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 17:13:17

Man, Zellers back-stock clearance just got better.

Ranma 1/2, The Great Dangaioh and shit-tons of other oldschool Viz anime for $4.99.

I snapped up the only Ranma disc they had (volume three of season seven) without a moment's hesitation.

Here's hoping they have more pieces of nostalgic gold in the backroom.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 17:30:07

At 7/31/07 05:13 PM, Gendo wrote: Man, Zellers back-stock clearance just got better.

Ranma 1/2, The Great Dangaioh and shit-tons of other oldschool Viz anime for $4.99.

I snapped up the only Ranma disc they had (volume three of season seven) without a moment's hesitation.

Here's hoping they have more pieces of nostalgic gold in the backroom.

Maybe then you will find your tentacle-raping goodness....maybe. Or perhaps La Blue Girl and you were never meant to be....... maybe.

Anyways, I'm heading towards florida soon, going to disney world. Here's to hoping Epcot's Japan section has manga. Oh, and ZOMG 1000th post.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 17:50:55

sup all trying to get ' up -to date ' on naruto is killing me
in a pauze i cry out 'gendooo ive watched like the first 5 of elfen lied and suddenly rememberd u once said you gave someone your honest opinion about it afther wich he shook your hand in awe saying something among the lines of you sure dare to express an opinion sir ' what was witch my tangeld mind cannot find , don't wanna go up all those pages for a decent quote and despire the fact i posted enough madness for you to hate me moderatly i'dd still like to know ....what were those views you told the poor man that made him shake your hand ? considering elfen lied it could be anything ...something shocking ? something so dark you coun't even tell it to THE INTERNET ????

well yess so my mind wanderd again , hope you can bring clearance sorry to bother this wonderous forum i occasionally visit , i don't wanna read to all my blabber to correct spelling errors sorry a tad too tired

btw i started yostuba & ! from the azumanga dude/girl , wonderful series don't realy get what 4-chan is going on an on about it but then i never got that and hopefully i never wil

hmmm perhaps tommorow a cleaner visit to talk about tezuka for now bye

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 18:26:27

At 7/31/07 06:04 PM, Mendou wrote:
At 7/31/07 05:50 PM, sepiroth-blade wrote: Stuff
I couldn't really get what you were trying to say, Also Elfen Lied is a terrible anime.

Elfen laid has its ups and downs... well actually just downs.

btw i started yostuba & ! from the azumanga dude/girl , wonderful series don't realy get what 4-chan is going on an on about it but then i never got that and hopefully i never wil
4chan likes to whore out all kinds of anime.

/B/tards will be /B/tards.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 22:00:20

At 7/31/07 05:30 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Maybe then you will find your tentacle-raping goodness....maybe. Or perhaps La Blue Girl and you were never meant to be....... maybe.

Hentai? At Zellers?

When Hell freezes over.

At 7/31/07 05:50 PM, sepiroth-blade wrote: stuff

My views on Elfen Lied (which the guy brought up at the con) are here.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 22:15:53

Damn,I just read berserk,this is the most screwed up manga ever. o_O

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 22:20:54

At 7/31/07 10:15 PM, Yusuke-Urameshi wrote: Damn,I just read berserk,this is the most screwed up manga ever. o_O

Someone's clearly got a weak stomach...

Never, ever try Koroshiya Ichi or Tokyo Red Hood, then.

Trust me, those are much more screwed-up than Berserk.

Response to Anime Club 2007-07-31 23:53:17

At 7/31/07 11:38 PM, Mendou wrote: Believe me there are probably more fucked mangas then Berserk, But Berserk is still intensely gory so i suggest if you can't read something like Berserk then you stick to something more light hearted maybe.

What this guy said.

Gore and disturbing content in anime only bothers me in stuff like Narutaru, where the dark content is contrasted with a seemingly cutesy style.

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 00:05:42

At 8/1/07 12:02 AM, Mendou wrote: Yet this man can watch Ichi the killer with no problem at all. Amazing......

Ichi is not misleading with it's violence, and very funny.

If I expect blood, guts and rape, it doesn't bother me. If it catches me by surprise, it freaks the fuck out of me.

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 00:52:47

At 7/31/07 10:20 PM, Gendo wrote: Someone's clearly got a weak stomach...

Never, ever try Koroshiya Ichi or Tokyo Red Hood, then.
At 7/31/07 11:53 PM, Gendo wrote: Gore and disturbing content in anime only bothers me in stuff like Narutaru, where the dark content is contrasted with a seemingly cutesy style.

Red Riding Hood is pretty cute.

But then again, I suppose somewhat scary at times too...

And the other characters have a dark sort of look to them.
Also, it would appear only a few chapters to go.

Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 02:16:00

Can you believe Youtube removed my Gurren Lagann x Claymore - Giga Drill Breaker video! WTF?

Like 5 damn companies were involved.

Should a 37 second parody edited clip of Claymore with Gurren Lagann audio be seen as copyright infringement?

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 04:37:33

At 7/31/07 11:53 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/31/07 11:38 PM, Mendou wrote: Believe me there are probably more fucked mangas then Berserk, But Berserk is still intensely gory so i suggest if you can't read something like Berserk then you stick to something more light hearted maybe.
What this guy said.

Gore and disturbing content in anime only bothers me in stuff like Narutaru, where the dark content is contrasted with a seemingly cutesy style.

like elfen lied right ? naaaanaaaaa whyyyy???
( also gendo what what that terrible dark opinion on elfen lied now ? )

:Yusuke-Urameshi wrote
:Damn,I just read berserk,this is the most screwed up manga ever. o_O

told ya ^^ , hehe sorry been having the same problem , that is not called occional rape if you ask me
its more like 24 h torturing and eating sercive blerg !!

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 04:46:44

I long membership into this fandom.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 05:05:24

At 8/1/07 04:46 AM, Dark-Phire wrote: I long membership into this fandom.

Huh.

Well, I suppose you're supposed to go through some sort of initiation process or some such.

Just wait, let me remember how this goes...

Firstly: Write out your five favourite anime's (I believe this means series', or at least, that's what people have done so far), and write a sentence or two about why you like them for each.

Secondly: Write something about how you got into enjoying anime.

And lastly: Write about what sort of anime's you like and dislike.

I hope I got that right.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 05:21:49

At 8/1/07 05:05 AM, Kuro wrote: Firstly: Write out your five favourite anime's (I believe this means series', or at least, that's what people have done so far), and write a sentence or two about why you like them for each.

Currently, I only have 3 favorite animes. Everything else I watched was just not doing it for me.
That's partly why I want to join this club. I need people's opinions on what's good to watch. I have some animes I like, but not my favorites.
Those 3 animes are(fornow):

Umisho
School Days
Mezzo DSA

Secondly: Write something about how you got into enjoying anime.

Art. I've been drawing for a while now and it's great inspiration. Although, I don't draw anime, it gave me some pointers on my own creations.

And lastly: Write about what sort of anime's you like and dislike.

Comedic animes are my favorites.
Lucky Star
He is my Master, etc...

I dislike animes that should've ended because of repeated problems and joke.
Naruto
Pokemon

I hope I got that right.

I would write tons more but I'm flushed today.
I've only gotten about 4 hours of sleep and I've been awake for well over 27 hours now.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 07:00:43

At 7/30/07 09:11 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 7/30/07 09:06 PM, uhnoesanoob wrote: Moving on from ranma obsession, The Eureka 7 series is being released in volumes of 4 or 5 once a month, so I should have my mecha-fighting goodness complete by the end of the year. I tried reading the manga, but since it is an adaptation from the anime, it feels like a whole other story, kinda like the FLCL manga.
E7 is win.

It's just too bad that the game sucks ass. X-Play gave Eureka Seven volume 2 a 1 out of 5.

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 07:20:53

Hey everybody, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I got banned for posting Hentai Links.Anyway, I'm not gonna let tha man get me down lol. But for real, what's been going on while I was gone?

2nd in command Of The NG Mafia Field Testing Department and Proud of it!!

Graffiti Crew

Creator Of The Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2007-08-01 07:33:24

At 8/1/07 07:20 AM, anime-man10 wrote: Hey everybody, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I got banned for posting Hentai Links.

Really?

I've posted like... over a hundred hentai images on the forums and haven't been banned for it before.

Well, except for in that Photoshop Ashley thread, but that was more spamming than for the hentai I guess.

Oh, and I suppose there were those sigs.

Oddly enough though, each time I got banned in those situations I got praised by many users beforehand.

Mods must be a different breed or something.

BBS Signature