00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Raym00n just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Anime Club

2,855,374 Views | 59,825 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-09 21:04:23

Just finished reading Mars #1 today. I also read Marmalade Boy #2, #3, and #4. Mars is a romance, so if you're not into romance, or would rather see Naruto stab someone to death or Akane yelling at Ranma and pulling out a hammer, this manga is not for you. I thought it was good.

Marmalade Boy is um... well the characters and how they all relate to each other is strange... but I'm getting into Marmalade Boy. I would explain each character in depth and how they all get involved with one another... but that would take too long. :'( PBX is teh lazy.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-09 21:10:12

Go onwards, ProtoBassX. I would like to hear more about it. I do not trust Review sites, ads, and summeries from the casing of an anime as much as I do a true opinion from a person.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 00:22:22

At 9/9/04 09:10 PM, Aqua_Sasami wrote: Go onwards, ProtoBassX. I would like to hear more about it. I do not trust Review sites, ads, and summeries from the casing of an anime as much as I do a true opinion from a person.

I insist! I am now interested in this odd manga.

Ranma, I don't see my name on the list...what gives?

Hey Noctroler:

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 00:26:07

At 9/10/04 12:22 AM, Osric wrote:
Ranma, I don't see my name on the list...what gives?

hmm were you inactive for more than a month?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 00:48:57

Hey osric, perhaps you would know.......what is that anime where the girls fly around on the guitars? i know flcl does a SPOOF of that anime, but what anime was it?anyone?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 00:58:26

At 9/9/04 09:10 PM, Aqua_Sasami wrote: Go onwards, ProtoBassX. I would like to hear more about it. I do not trust Review sites, ads, and summeries from the casing of an anime as much as I do a true opinion from a person.

You do realise that all those things are people too. It's not like they have a gigantic super-computer that hands out those reviews at random.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 02:01:12

At 9/10/04 12:58 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
You do realise that all those things are people too. It's not like they have a gigantic super-computer that hands out those reviews at random.

Very true. Those are people paid to promote the anime, or whatever it is that they promote. And if not, then they are usually lenant (another mispelled word) as to not look too harsh. If they are too harsh too often they are not taken seriously and seen as "joke reviewers" such as what you will find at Somethingawful.com. So, pure word of mouth would be the most suitable to go with. Or a place where people would talk about anime openly. Now I must find a place that fits this description. can you help me Daddy?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 03:49:06

At 9/10/04 02:01 AM, Aqua_Sasami wrote: Now I must find a place that fits this description. can you help me Daddy?

I've got a better idea, how about, you leave me alone you damn freak?

Also, I'm really surprised that for their 100th episode, Naruto just kept on having filler. I was expecting a special.

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 04:48:21

^^ the user of the day has my favorite character from Excel Saga in their profile! It's "Roppanmatsu #2"! :D She's awesome.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 06:08:31

I wish to change my character to Gatsu from berserk.

top 10

1: berserk
2: Fist of the north star
3: teknoman (space knight: tekkaman Blade)
4: neon genesis evangelion
5: Ghost in the shell
6: akira
7: fist of the north star
8: nadesico
9: blue gender
10: gundam wing

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 08:16:23

At 9/10/04 06:08 AM, TekkamanSaber wrote: I wish to change my character to Gatsu from berserk.

top 10

You listed FOTNS twice..

You listed FOTNS twice..
If Gatsu is not taken, then I think It'S okay but I'm not the one to decide that so I think you must talk to wonko.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 09:16:04

At 9/10/04 08:16 AM, AUb wrote:
At 9/10/04 06:08 AM, TekkamanSaber wrote: I wish to change my character to Gatsu from berserk.

top 10

You listed FOTNS twice..
You listed FOTNS twice..
If Gatsu is not taken, then I think It'S okay but I'm not the one to decide that so I think you must talk to wonko.

seventh place: series
second: movie

And, I've been in this club QUITE a wile longer than you.
you may not know because I'm most of the time only active around the hyperboards forum.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 11:27:47

Well that's true... tekkaman has been here since like page 300 I think...right? ^^ Hey come to think of it we've been here a super long time.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 13:25:17

At 9/10/04 11:27 AM, Aasha wrote: Well that's true... tekkaman has been here since like page 300 I think...right? ^^ Hey come to think of it we've been here a super long time.

Page 197 to be more specific :D, somewhere on that page I enlisted as Millions Knives :)
Quite a lot has happened sine then :)
But, we're still alive and kicking!

By the way, has anyone watched/read berserk?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 13:30:14

At 12/19/03 02:00 AM, Aasha wrote: Heloo! :D I'd like to be in the anime crew please! I've no idea how to do flash yet but plan on making a flash anime series eventually (once I learn how)...if that helps me in at all.
By the way, has anyone here seen "Chobits"? I'm wondering if it is worth buying.

Wow... I joined way back on 244... ^^ Back then i only posted in this club. I feel like a senior now ^^... Hm...ya know back then I was all dead set to make my stories into flashes... now I just put them in the LNL :/... Oh well... at least they arn't wasted.

And Chobits is good ^^

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 13:42:21

i realy have to say i never did know this club wold become this big...to bad is stoped with this club becuse i did know almost nothing about anime...>.>

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 13:56:32

At 9/10/04 01:25 PM, TekkamanSaber wrote:

No, though I've heard of it. Is it licenced in america? If so by what company?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 14:16:48

At 9/10/04 01:51 PM, _Ranma_Saotome_ wrote:

I joined back on page 101, not includeing Kouga Trivia is the oldest member thats still in the club.

Yeah.. I knew Mr trivia was a old member.I saw him in an even older anime club. that one died fast though. ^^ Tink and Wonko kept this one alive good.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 14:52:24

At 9/10/04 01:56 PM, Shadow_God_X wrote:
No, though I've heard of it. Is it licenced in america? If so by what company?

well i dunno but here in toronto all the Blockbuster and Rgoers video stores ive bin to have some Berserk stuff ( movie/episodes i dunno i never looked into it ) and indigo/Chapters has Berserk manga

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 14:57:09

i did see 6 episodes of cowboy bebop up untill now...it's good, but what do you guys think about it?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 15:09:18

At 9/10/04 02:57 PM, Kitsune-Majin- wrote: i did see 6 episodes of cowboy bebop up untill now...it's good, but what do you guys think about it?

Great anime. If you like that then you'll like Outlaw Star too. It's made by the same people. and sretty much about space too. ^^ And alotta action. And a characer there has my name so that makes the anime +4 on cool :D

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 15:13:51

At 9/10/04 03:09 PM, Aasha wrote:
Great anime. If you like that then you'll like Outlaw Star too. It's made by the same people. and sretty much about space too. ^^ And alotta action. And a characer there has my name so that makes the anime +4 on cool :D

...only +4? XD
i will check it out, thanks.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 15:24:35

Kay-o. I got time. (No swimming practice, thank goodness.) Okay, I'm going to list each character and explain them... so obvously this is all *Spoiler*-mania. Don't read if you plan on reading Marmalade Boy #1-3.

*Spoiler-mania*

In Japan, there are 3 years of High School. These characters are all in their first high school year. (Sophmore in American, and if I'm right, mostly every other schools)

Miki - Main character. (She is the definition of naive. o_O) One day her parents divorced each other and switched spouses with Yuu's parents. they all live in one big house. Had a crush on Ginta, her best guy friend. Also has a crush on Yuu her step-brother.... sorta. Akizuki's best friend. She's on the tennis team. (The manga revolves alot around the sport tennis.)

Opinion - Not bad for a main character. I like her personality, and she has her funny moments.

Yuu - Miki's stepbrother... sorta. Thinks he's in love with Miki. Played tennis at his old school, and is Ginta's cousin's rival. Went out with Arimi for 3 months. Everyone in school likes Yuu. He's the supposed "Marmalade Boy"; sweet on the outside and bitter on the inside. Is trying to look for his biological father. (The father he lives with is his step-father, but they love each other the same.)

Opinion - Heh, this guy cracks me up. He always teases Miki, and ends up confusing her.

Ginta - Miki's best guy friend. Has a crush on her. Is on the tennis team. In middle school, he got a letter from Miki which told him that Miki liked him. He laughed with his friends and denied any feelings for Miki. The next day he cut his hair short. (In Japan, it's tradition to do that after a breakup or an act of humility. Or something like that. :P) Miki didn't talk to him for an entire year. The truth is, someone took the letter from him and they laughed, not Ginta. In fact, Ginta felt the same way about Miki. He didn't have the guts to tell her. Went out with Arimi to make Miki jealous.

Opinion - I like this character. Nothing special about him though... :\ Pretty much like any other school boy...

Akizuki (and Nachan) - Mika's best friend. She had an affair with one of the teachers, Nachan. They didn't do it for "teh secks" though. they really loved each other. One time, when Akizuki's parents were fighting, she left home. She went to Nachan's apartment for comfort, and she cried herself to sleep while Nachan held her hand. Someone spotted Akizuki entering Nachan's apartment and jumped to the conclusion that they slept together. After that, Nachan resigned from being a teacher and left to inherit his father's business, real estate. He said that if he couldn't keep Akizuki happy, then he couldn't stay. Then he left. Nachan was also the tennis coach.

Opinion - I heard this kinda thing happened alot in all girls schools. It doesn't strike me as strange or wrong, age doesn't really matter when it comes to love, does it? (Unless it includes "teh secks", then I think it's wrong. Wait 'till you're 18. >_<) I like Akizuki; she had an aura of mystery around her... Nachan was liked by all the students, so I couldn't help but like his character too.

Arimi - Yuu's former girlfriend. She's really manipulative, I feel like beating her with a rubber hammer. o_O I can't really describe her that much... but she is still in love with Yuu, but the feeling isn't mutual.

Opinion - Look up there.

Ginta's cousin - His name escapes me right now. He was Yuu's rival in their old school, but he never beat him. He's also a rival with Ginta. He's been in love with Arimi, since I think the 3rd grade. He played a double's match with Yuu and Ginta and the loser would have to shave their head. Needless to say, Ginta and Yuu won. Ginta's cousin and his partner shaved their heads.*

* - (In the school of "Marmalade Boy"'s author, if you were late to tennis practice, you would have to shave your head. Also, if the school got the lowest rank, all the boys had to shave their heads, which happened in the author's 3rd year in High School.)

*Spoiler*

I think I covered everyone... except for the parents. I didn't feel like typing about 'em. So yeah. Those up there are my character review things from the first 3 manga volumes. Yay for me. I got Akira #1-3 from the library today. When I first saw it on the shelves, I was like O________________O. Then my face turned into ^___________^. And then I checked them out. I've only completely read the first one. :)

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 16:24:56

Hey guys, whats up? anything new in anime? i havent really kept up with whats new...

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 17:42:00

At 9/10/04 04:22 PM, _Ranma_Saotome_ wrote:
Just finished with the first 4 episodes. Some of the best character development I've seen. I am gonna have to look for the manga now too. Exelent fights also.

Allright.
New question:
did someone (in authority) Watch/read my application for a character change on the last page, and on the hyperboards forum for the last WEEK (yes, it changed a few times, but, still nobody responded.) and just ignored it, or did you miss it?

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 17:51:35

At 9/10/04 05:42 PM, TekkamanSaber wrote: did someone (in authority) Watch/read my application for a character change on the last page,

Yes I'm sure all of us did. I don't know why everyone thinks one of us authority figures have to say "Yes. Okay. Fine." to joining or changing characters.

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 18:40:00

At 9/6/04 02:16 PM, mr_trivia wrote:
At 9/6/04 01:56 PM, mr_trivia wrote: I just saw a prospective member with an alias related to Shippo and I'm thinking about changing my character to one that better suits my personality. Does anyone know the name of a scientist/doctor that provides comic relief?
I'm thinking about Dr. Agasa from Detective Conan/Case Closed, but I'd like to consider my options.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How many funny scientists are there in anime?

Jack of all trades, Master of none

Head Scientist of NG Mafia

& proud member of Anime Club

BBS Signature

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 18:46:56

At 9/10/04 05:51 PM, ProtoBassX-the-sane wrote:
Yes I'm sure all of us did. I don't know why everyone thinks one of us authority figures have to say "Yes. Okay. Fine." to joining or changing characters.

Partly to avoid confusion, partly bacause of an old habit.
On most of the boards I go to, permission to join in on the ongoing activity from the mods or admins is required, on some it is even required to write a small 2 page description of your character(s) (permission to join in still required).

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 18:54:37

On most of the boards I go to, permission to join in on the ongoing activity from the mods or admins is required

Well we don't really do that, and we've pointed that out before.

At 9/10/04 06:40 PM, mr_trivia wrote: Does anyone have any suggestions? How many funny scientists are there in anime?

There's Dr. Briefs from the Dragon Ball series. He had a cat around, that automatically made him funny.

Anime Club

Response to Anime Club 2004-09-10 23:22:53

hey i have a question whats do u guys think is the best anime movie?