00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

4DottorTette7 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,905,916 Views | 60,180 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 18:22:03

Have you guys ever seen a movie or series you start to enjoy so much that you feel a little empty inside when you finished the last episode, knowing you'll never see it again? I love you, Band of Brothers.

I'm an emotional guy.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 18:35:47

At 3/20/08 06:22 PM, Xeptic wrote: Have you guys ever seen a movie or series you start to enjoy so much that you feel a little empty inside when you finished the last episode, knowing you'll never see it again? I love you, Band of Brothers.

I'm an emotional guy.

Band of Brothers is an incredibly well documented series. Even the most manly of men can't help but feeling sad when one of these characters died or when the series finished.

Man...just thinking about 'em now makes me want to rewatch them, they really were so good. It's hard with a series like that because it was just long enough to really get to know the characters...but of course not long enough, so it makes you really miss them. Of course, I suppose thats the way with everything, and definitely a feeling the creators wanted to you experience.

Such a good series.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 18:37:31

At 3/20/08 06:35 PM, Senti wrote: Of course, I suppose thats the way with everything, and definitely a feeling the creators wanted to you experience.

Yeh, it'd be pretty shite if they purposely made the last episode complete bollocks so that people wouldn't be annoyed they weren't going to make more :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 19:03:21

At 3/20/08 06:38 PM, ArthurGhostly wrote:
At 3/20/08 06:22 PM, Xeptic wrote: Have you guys ever seen a movie or series you start to enjoy so much that you feel a little empty inside when you finished the last episode, knowing you'll never see it again? I love you, Band of Brothers.

I'm an emotional guy.
I've got into The Avatar an embarrassing amount. :/

I've almost seen every episode.
I think nickelodeon will show the final episodes when they go through the series this time around.

It got quite far into the fire chapter, before they reset it again.

Either way, I've sky+'d the series.
So I'll have the complete set eventually. :D

I got quite into avatar, watched all the episodes online and now they fail to bring out the newest episode for aaaaaages.. so im stuck with that and gave up :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 19:07:03

Exile 2

link

I'm not so sure about the story line, and the drawings could improve, but this guy has a brilliant cinametic eye. Check out all of his unique and stylish camera angles. I normally don't care to much for the anime-ish scene, but they way he sets up his shots definitely makes it interesting and worth the watch. The two fight scenes at the beginning and end especially...as for the dialogue in the middle...I could kind of do without.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 20:01:58

RE: Exile 2

haha i was already in a bad mood on the preloader for using that typeface ^___________^

I like the wandering camera on some of the long dialogue. It keeps it interesting to listen to. i thought that some of the shots were a little over exaggerated, like there is no reason for some them, its too exciting of a camera effect for a scene that doesnt really warrant that. Like the cafeteria one for instance... its like this fast paced zoom out through this maze of cafeteria tables and the end payoff of it is just an average day in the cafeteria... its a let down psychologically. I agree with you though hes got promissing vision... i like how he is really challenging himself on ways to present the scenes. :)

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 21:01:34

User Of The Day: Authorblues

It's been a while since I've recognized someone that is the UOTD.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 21:08:03

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/32 1267

I found the submission "upstairs" just now and i thought it was really good how at the end he turned it all to colour and that!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 23:08:03

At 3/20/08 10:55 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote: There's a video game forum now.

yeahwhat?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 23:33:40

Video Games Forum
I am probably not going to go in there. I love video games, but people on the internet get really insane about them. People get so easily offended over console A > console B, it's not worth having a conversation... there's no debate when no one is willing to listen to anyone else's argument.

I recently wrote an article about how I thought Super Mario Bros 2 was the best video game, and I got so many angry emails... it was nuts. I mean, it's just my opinion... there's no absolute truth in what is best. People have opinions on things such as best color, best flowers, etc.... but are these issues ever met with the fierceness of games? Nope.

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 23:43:14

they need a masturbation forum and then we will reach NG utopiaaaaa

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-20 23:55:09

At 3/20/08 10:55 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote: There's a video game forum now.

OMG, any1 played brawl yet???

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 00:05:37

No way man, we need like a Luis Forum. One where we could all talk about Luis, and tacos, and sing, dance, wear sumbrawhoes... think I spelt that wrong.

I predict the video game forum will be a very scarey place due to consol wars and game A > game B fights. However it should do a good job keeping some of the annoying kids busy. Course some of us like games more then they do. :P

Or hey, maybe it'll spawn a new breed of NG forum reg, one that could threaten our very existence and cause war... War I tell you! We're all goin' die!

We are all, gonna die!

...chocolatechip pancakes are awesome.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 00:45:33

VG Forum
One too many, IMHO. Looks kinda cluttered now, like all those 'nooby' forums that have at least 50 different sections and then 20 more subsections on each. I'm one for 'less is more'. You don't need that many forums. I mean, why not talk about video games in the General forum?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 03:37:01

Update

So I told my mom eveything that happened (left out the handy lol) and we went to the police.

They went to the bar, made a big stink and now some point in time the woman who hustled me will have to go to court and do some shit for letting a minor in and not carding me, so she'll have to get a lawyer and shit and hopefully all the frustration will cost here more than they jacked me.

The way it stands, my mom also got in touch with one of her friends and she got the main number for our bank, so we froze my account since the charge on my card hasn't been posted yet. So, when it does, we'll cancel that and I'll only be out 160EU versus the original 425EU, which is a little easier to stomach.

I guess some things do need to be learned the hard way.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 03:42:17

Series You Get Into

I can think of a few.

One manga series I was reading, Psychic Academy, was really good, and I was digging it, and then it was like BAM ENDING! and I was like T-T noez, I want moar :c

As far as TV/Anime shows go, I kinda get into anything I watch, especially when I find places that have huge chunks of it. I just sit and have marathons every chance I get.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 06:36:25

At 3/20/08 11:33 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Video Games Forum
I recently wrote an article about how I thought Super Mario Bros 2 was the best video game, and I got so many angry emails... it was nuts. I mean, it's just my opinion... there's no absolute truth in what is best. People have opinions on things such as best color, best flowers, etc.... but are these issues ever met with the fierceness of games? Nope.

Tell me about it :s It's probably just me, but I can't stand people who think they've got the monopoly on opinions about films and games. I mean, I know I can rant about things from time to time (especially fucking Batman Begins), but I'd never think about going as far as to say that something was completely worthless and everyone who liked it was retarded. I hate people who can't respect why some people like or dislike things that they don't.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 09:34:21

Series You Get Into
Most of the series I get into end before I'm done with them. Case in point - Flight of the Conchords. 10 goddamn episodes. Unfortunately it died from Arrested Development disease. That is, too much subtlety, not enough people falling over in a wwwwacky fashion.

I hate the viewing public

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 09:40:45

At 3/20/08 11:33 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Video Games Forum
I am probably not going to go in there. I love video games, but people on the internet get really insane about them. People get so easily offended over console A > console B, it's not worth having a conversation... there's no debate when no one is willing to listen to anyone else's argument.

I'm not going to either. I don't think the forum is really needed and to me it seems like its going to be all the general regs in there with their awful posts and flaming.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 10:15:39

At 3/21/08 03:37 AM, Radioactive24 wrote: Update

So I told my mom eveything that happened (left out the handy lol) and we went to the police.

They went to the bar, made a big stink and now some point in time the woman who hustled me will have to go to court and do some shit for letting a minor in and not carding me, so she'll have to get a lawyer and shit and hopefully all the frustration will cost here more than they jacked me.

Glad to hear it turned out well.. This certainly worked a lot better than the 'i lost my card' scenario. I think the german law is pretty similar to the one of holland and other EU countries, so there will be a good chance they will have to close the bar for letting a minor in. I'm sure the stress and expenses they have right now are entertaining.

Series i miss

X-Files! Used to love that show.. Don't know if i'd love it as much today if it would be aired again though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 10:42:15

At 3/21/08 10:35 AM, SpamBurger wrote: Any actionscripters remember this? I say we make another one! :D

That is funny stuff man!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 11:00:13

Re:Videogame forum

At 3/21/08 12:45 AM, Wurmy1029 wrote: VG Forum
One too many, IMHO.

Yeah I was thinking that too. I liked it when there were few forums so less different places to go. But I think this will definetly be a good idea. Do you think general will become alot better now? Now that that side of the general forum is seperated off, it will slow down and maybe we can all chat there.

--
I didn't know that Banana Bread Muffin was a moderator too. Congratulations BBM. No one's going to take YOU alive.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 11:10:59

At 3/21/08 11:00 AM, Mogly wrote: Do you think general will become alot better now? Now that that side of the general forum is seperated off, it will slow down and maybe we can all chat there.

Unlikely.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 12:25:27

At 3/21/08 11:00 AM, Mogly wrote: Do you think general will become alot better now? Now that that side of the general forum is seperated off, it will slow down and maybe we can all chat there.

You're funny :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 12:26:09

Re:Videogame forum

At 3/21/08 11:10 AM, UnknownFury wrote:
Unlikely.

Any reasons as to why or is that your opinion right there..?

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 13:25:41

At 3/21/08 12:26 PM, Mogly wrote: Any reasons as to why or is that your opinion right there..?

This is why. Reason enough for me to stay here :o

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 13:32:34

Re:Videogame forum/general

At 3/21/08 01:25 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote:
At 3/21/08 12:26 PM, Mogly wrote: Any reasons as to why or is that your opinion right there..?
This is why. Reason enough for me to stay here :o

That's true, but think now the forums gunna be going at a slower pace, more of a community (when posting in general there's only a few people you know, everybody else is just a randomer) and probably less stupidity with the video games crowd going to that forum instead. Think in say two months time it may be halfway to being cured.

Think if theres less people there alone, we'll be able to post and not be ignored.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 13:40:00

Not being stupid or anything but people can visit more then two forums so its not like all VG morons are just never gonna look in general forum again.. after all, its just +1 post count for them..

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 13:55:09

At 3/21/08 01:40 PM, adman1993 wrote: Not being stupid or anything but people can visit more then two forums so its not like all VG morons are just never gonna look in general forum again.. after all, its just +1 post count for them..

Which reminds me that people in General tend to think that post count matters :<

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2008-03-21 13:56:40

At 3/21/08 01:55 PM, Wurmy1029 wrote:
At 3/21/08 01:40 PM, adman1993 wrote: Not being stupid or anything but people can visit more then two forums so its not like all VG morons are just never gonna look in general forum again.. after all, its just +1 post count for them..
Which reminds me that people in General tend to think that post count matters :<

Shh - Kirk will hear you :s

BBS Signature