00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Snootsnoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,913,654 Views | 60,181 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 19:14:21

castle crashers and alien hominid
well i have castle crashers and i jjust baught alien hominid but i didn't get the alien hominid charcter is there any special way to get him ?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 19:32:53

At 7/1/09 07:14 PM, patu1 wrote: castle crashers and alien hominid
well i have castle crashers and i jjust baught alien hominid but i didn't get the alien hominid charcter is there any special way to get him ?

Apparently you must have an achievement from AH to unlock him in CC, probably so because that's the easiest/only way to know that you have the game.

Although it seems like it can be exploited with the help of a friend who has AH perhaps?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 19:45:21

Anybody interested in Flash Server hosting? Just want to see what kinds of things are important to you, and what sort of prices you'd think are fair.

Things that I'm interested in are, if you did have this kind of web-hosting, what kinds of applications would you make? How many users would you expect to be able to use it? How much storage would you want? And what kind of support would you value (basic server management, development help, basic-advance trouble shooting)? And then of course, how much would you want to pay? Meaning, how much would you budget to accommodate hosting needs?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 22:43:44

At 7/1/09 07:32 PM, knugen wrote:
At 7/1/09 07:14 PM, patu1 wrote: castle crashers and alien hominid
Apparently you must have an achievement from AH to unlock him in CC, probably so because that's the easiest/only way to know that you have the game.

Although it seems like it can be exploited with the help of a friend who has AH perhaps?

probobly yes..seeing that if you have a frienf who baught the game you can retrive (misspelled probobly) his gamer tag and download it on your xbox for free...(microsoft are pretty stupid sometimes..)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 22:54:00

the only course i ever failed was japanese 9.

but this year i took Jap 9 in the first semester, and Jap 10 in the second. i passed both so now i can go into Japanese 11.

honestly, i'm stupidly lazy. it's a wonder i finish things at all.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 23:33:54

What is this?!?

I come back from a break from Newgrounds to find that this account has nothing on it except a news post linking to an account named "MichaelHurst". It would appear someone has stolen my newgrounds identity and is pretending to be me.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-01 23:40:46

At 7/1/09 11:33 PM, NG-Unit wrote: What is this?!?

What are you talking about?! I'm the real MichaelHurst/NG-Unit!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 02:35:29

hey, anyone interested in this collab ive been hosting? i started it in march and i still have four parts left. specs are obviously on the first page, and everything else you need to know is on the last page.

Sig made by me

Once again i'm falling down a mountain like a metaphor

Here ends another post by the grand master of all things: fluffkomix

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 04:59:45

At 7/1/09 11:40 PM, MichaelHurst wrote:
At 7/1/09 11:33 PM, NG-Unit wrote: What is this?!?
What are you talking about?! I'm the real MichaelHurst/NG-Unit!

The plot thickens.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 09:26:21

I'm getting into doing some multithreaded code for the new closure game. It's quite fun to be able to get different blocks of code running in parallel but makes it really difficult when you can't guarantee that A and B won't be reading/writing to the same object at the same time. I'm trying to keep it simple and have threads have minimal interference.

Right now I just popped audio onto its own thread so I can load / stream / fade audio separately. Gonna pop file loading onto its own thread to.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 10:34:52

The reg lounges epic 49001th post.
50000 isn't so far away.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 10:38:26

At 7/2/09 10:34 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: The reg lounges epic 49001th post.
50000 isn't so far away.

I still don't understand why every "landmark" post/page/whatever needs to be full of spam all the time

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 11:07:47

At 7/2/09 10:38 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I still don't understand why every "landmark" post/page/whatever needs to be full of spam all the time

Or how 49001 is an epic number, in any sense :P

Nice one using multithreading, I've never even looked into it never mind played around with the idea.. I'm sure you won't notice much of a performance boost, but it must be nice to be able to leave all the separately threaded code to do it's thing and focus on the game code..

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 11:42:03

At 7/2/09 11:07 AM, liaaaam wrote:
At 7/2/09 10:38 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote: I still don't understand why every "landmark" post/page/whatever needs to be full of spam all the time
Or how 49001 is an epic number, in any sense :P

Nice one using multithreading, I've never even looked into it never mind played around with the idea.. I'm sure you won't notice much of a performance boost, but it must be nice to be able to leave all the separately threaded code to do it's thing and focus on the game code..

I'm gonna be decoding and streaming 5 OGG files concurrently, i pretty much need a thread for that if I don't want it to interfere with rendering/gameplay.

Loading needs to be on a separate thread so I can preload the next level while the current one is being played. Even though I have no idea if the game will end up on a console (there's a good chance it will), I need to prepare for the fact that consoles have really really slow hardrive read/write speeds.

Although fuck I just realized that a few of my loading functions use openGL (to set up textures and process data into graphics, etc), which could potentially fuck over my rendering if they mix up like that... I'll probably use the time to just load the file into RAM and decode it at the time I'm currently "loading" it.

It's quite a fun concept though. Shaders, multithreading, etc they're all good stuff and forces you to think in more than one dimension

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 13:18:49

At 7/2/09 10:38 AM, Glaiel-Gamer wrote:
At 7/2/09 10:34 AM, Deadclever23 wrote: The reg lounges epic 49001th post.
50000 isn't so far away.
I still don't understand why every "landmark" post/page/whatever needs to be full of spam all the time.

It's tradition.

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."

- Oscar Wilde

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 13:45:01

At 7/1/09 10:54 PM, fluffkomix wrote: the only course i ever failed was japanese 9.

but this year i took Jap 9 in the first semester, and Jap 10 in the second. i passed both so now i can go into Japanese 11.

honestly, i'm stupidly lazy. it's a wonder i finish things at all.

I usually start out failing a class, but I always bring my grades up to A's and B's by the end of the semester.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 14:36:46

Game of the Moment

lolwut?

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 14:45:29

In other news, I love Kayn.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 16:08:19

At 7/2/09 02:36 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: Game of the Moment

lolwut?

It's going to be the new craze on all the game sites, ultra featured content!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 16:13:04

At 7/2/09 04:08 PM, Coaly wrote:

lolwut?
It's going to be the new craze on all the game sites, ultra featured content!

it is game of the moment, when that moment it gone. nothing

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 16:14:06

lolwut?

Jesus Christ, did Zeebarf save Tom's life or something? I mean, it's a good series, but that's like twenty times the display area of anything else on the front page :P

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 16:38:43

At 7/2/09 04:14 PM, Paranoia wrote: Jesus Christ, did Zeebarf save Tom's life or something? I mean, it's a good series, but that's like twenty times the display area of anything else on the front page :P

Tom's just playin around on the front page. Bob wasnt around so he tried that to see if it would break the css and it didnt.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 16:43:29

At 7/2/09 04:14 PM, Paranoia wrote:

lolwut?
Jesus Christ, did Zeebarf save Tom's life or something? I mean, it's a good series, but that's like twenty times the display area of anything else on the front page :P

Zeebarf is Tom's long lost twin. They just reunited recently. Give the guy a break.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:19:14

At 7/2/09 04:51 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote:
At 7/2/09 02:45 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: In other news, I love Kayn.
And there followed another moderator, saying, The Regs Lounge has fallen - that great thread because she made all threads drink the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

You don't half chat a lot of shit mate.

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:24:55

haha so i guess getting a game of the week is everyones new target? :)

I got my macbook yesterday, i love it so much already. Shit this things fast. Ive been trying to push it, hasnt really hiccuped once. Very happy :)

Have you guys heard about what mochi are doing with MochiCoins?

Basically you sign up, buy "MochiCoins" with real money, and can than spend these on extras in flash games that support them. I think it has huge potential, 100% of the money currently made from these games is from advertising, the players pockets havent even been touched yet...

Obviously the main problem is that one of the biggest attractions of flash games are that they are free. If people just start charging for all the decent games out there, it could just fuck up the industry. If developers dont get greedy it could work really well though. The way I would do it:

Develop a game to a standard that delivered the main experience to all players, to the level I develop my current "free" games already, then spend a few more weeks developing extra content for the players that really love the game and want to take the experience further (by spending a quid or so).

I think it would be a lot more efficient way of making games. I find once you have perfected an engine, got everything working, got all the character animations and styles decided, it feels like a waste to throw it away and start a new game. This will give us a chance to take our games further and probably make twice as much money for them.

Lets just hope people dont get too greedy :)

Anyway sorry for the long post, what do you guys think?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:26:09

At 7/2/09 04:38 PM, Luis wrote:
At 7/2/09 04:14 PM, Paranoia wrote: Jesus Christ, did Zeebarf save Tom's life or something? I mean, it's a good series, but that's like twenty times the display area of anything else on the front page :P
Tom's just playin around on the front page. Bob wasnt around so he tried that to see if it would break the css and it didnt.

So is that going to be a regular thing then? in which case there should totally be a Movie of the moment too :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:27:39

At 7/2/09 05:24 PM, Jimp wrote: haha so i guess getting a game of the week is everyones new target? :)

I got my macbook yesterday, i love it so much already. Shit this things fast. Ive been trying to push it, hasnt really hiccuped once. Very happy :)

Welcome aboard brother. You wont regret this, what specs did you go for in the end?

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:33:59

At 7/2/09 05:27 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Welcome aboard brother. You wont regret this, what specs did you go for in the end?

Cheers man, everything is so shiny here!

I went for the top spec 15 inch macbook pro, so 2.8ghz, 4 gb ram, 512mb graphics cards, plus I spent the £30 or so for the 7200rpm HDD. Runs like a dream :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:44:11

At 7/2/09 05:27 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Welcome aboard brother. You wont regret this, what specs did you go for in the end?

I want a mac, but they are so expensive. You can get an equivalent spec laptop for £300 less if its a pc. Anyone know anywhere to get cheaper mac books/imacs?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2009-07-02 17:52:55

At 7/2/09 05:44 PM, Depredation wrote: I want a mac, but they are so expensive. You can get an equivalent spec laptop for £300 less if its a pc. Anyone know anywhere to get cheaper mac books/imacs?

People are really careless with laptops. I'm sure if you go near a university or college then you'll see quite a few nice laptops, you can probably just pick them up - long as you don't act too suspicious I'm sure there'll be no problem. Try to stay away from CCTV cameras. They might not catch you but no point taking a risk if you can help it. Some people also leave their windows and doors unlocked while showering or maybe taking a nap so you could try going into a house and seeing if there's any available but this is slightly riskier ("Sorry! Wrong house" remember that phrase).

Enjoy your new Macbook.

Btw guys, what sort of battery life do you get on your laptops? I've read about 8-9 hour but I just don't believe this. I can get 2 and a half hours if I turn my brightness down, turn on "Power Saver" mode and don't do anything too processor intensive. If I use it properly it only lasts about an hour and half.

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature