00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doctor Who Crew

404,120 Views | 6,204 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 02:20:29

At 4/27/07 11:26 AM, TheMaster wrote: The synopsis of the next episode on Sky Digital mentioned The Doctor entering an "Unholy Alliance". Possibly allying with the rest of the Cult of Skaro to defeat Sec?

It says an unholy alliance in Wikipedia as well

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 05:11:35

At 4/27/07 04:51 PM, Zzwick wrote: Well the ''code'' is to kill everything thats not Dalek, now its to say Sec isn't really a Dalek anymore, I guess the Daleks could kill Sec if they wanted to.

I think so too.

Frankly, you bumped the topic which you could have left alone. Plus backseat modding. -Jade

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 05:42:28

At 4/28/07 02:20 AM, nemesis646 wrote:
At 4/27/07 11:26 AM, TheMaster wrote: The synopsis of the next episode on Sky Digital mentioned The Doctor entering an "Unholy Alliance". Possibly allying with the rest of the Cult of Skaro to defeat Sec?

That sounds pretty cool, but if it's badly organised it's going to fail epicly.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 14:35:11

The episode was much, much better than the first part. Good to see Daleks being Daleks. I actually found myself rooting for the Dalek that was going to shoot the Doctor at one point, probably just because he was going against Sec.

Looks like we have Caan as the new recurring Dalek. I'd rather they had Thay, I think he has the best name out of the Cult of Skaro.

Overall, a good episode, even if the ending where he saved Lazlo was a bit stupid, he should have died, would have made the episode more dramatic instead of just going for a feel good ending.

Next weeks monster looks ace, too. Giant bug mutant thing, reminded me of the monster from 'The Thing' a bit. Looks great.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 14:43:00

At 4/28/07 02:35 PM, TheMaster wrote: The episode was much, much better than the first part. Good to see Daleks being Daleks. I liked the episodde, even if the ending where he saved Lazlo was a bit stupid, he should have died, would have made the episode more dramatic instead of just going for a feel good ending.

Well the body count was very high. 1000 people used for hybrids- some shot, some killed manually. About 190 pig slaves- some shot, some electrocuted. Solomon- shot dead. Diagoras- merged with Sec. 6 workers- 1 "replaced", 5 presumably died from falling to their deaths. 2 unknown people- killed by explosions caused by Dalek gun.
Remember the depression was a very sad and emotional time as well.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 14:46:44

At 4/28/07 02:35 PM, TheMaster wrote: Looks like we have Caan as the new recurring Dalek. I'd rather they had Thay, I think he has the best name out of the Cult of Skaro.

Thay was a good Dalek, particularly after he pwned the cybermen, so I think Jast should have sacrificed his metal.

You can't help feeling sorry for Sec. Going from the highest of the high to the lowest is a tough thing. I think Sec actually was "The Good Dalek" in particular the way he begged for the Cult to not shoot the Dr.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 14:47:29

At 4/28/07 02:35 PM, TheMaster wrote: The episode was much, much better than the first part. Good to see Daleks being Daleks. I actually found myself rooting for the Dalek that was going to shoot the Doctor at one point, probably just because he was going against Sec.

I agree, its the best episode this series, I didn't expect most the Cult Of Skaro members being killed

Looks like we have Caan as the new recurring Dalek. I'd rather they had Thay, I think he has the best name out of the Cult of Skaro.

I couldn't care less, there all Daleks really, although one of them had a very cool deep voice,

Next weeks monster looks ace, too. Giant bug mutant thing, reminded me of the monster from 'The Thing' a bit. Looks great.

Its human, or used to be, look at its face its human.
Also don't forget your Passport!

:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 14:52:59

At 4/28/07 02:46 PM, nemesis646 wrote: You can't help feeling sorry for Sec. Going from the highest of the high to the lowest is a tough thing. I think Sec actually was "The Good Dalek" in particular the way he begged for the Cult to not shoot the Dr.

Try to stop double posting. Do what I'm doing here, clicking 'Reply with Quote', writing what I want, and then copying everything in the text window, going back to the topic page, clicking 'Reply with Quote' to another message, typing my reply to that, then pasting what I wrote earlier below.

At 4/28/07 02:47 PM, Zzwick wrote: Its human, or used to be, look at its face its human.

It'll be the bloke who uses the machine, or someone else who uses the machine.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 15:11:45

I thought the episode was good, It would be better if the writing team didn't use the daleks every other episode. I was happy one survived and acctualy got away instead of the ussual "The Darleks are extinct, oh look! One came out of nowhere, let's kill the last, again. The darleks are extinct again! Oh look! Another!"
The episode was quite good, plot holes left to a minimum although there still were several. The woman was annoying and a blatant replacement of Rose. If you're going to axe a character, make sure you make one that is slightly different to the previous one...

Most annoying thing i found was how the doctor so willingly sacrifices himself at the earliest opportunity, even though we all know there isn't a chance he will die.
"Oh look, i can save a bunch of humans! I'll just tell the Darleks (Creatures designed to kill everything and not listen to anyone who isn't higher authority than themselves) to kill me and spare the others"

Listen up, morontard, the darleks can just as easily kill you all. Reasoning doesnt work!

But then kicks in the plot device! The doctor is saved

....by emotion
....by a darlek human
....by emotion again

argargarg.

So in conclusion: Getting better than last series' atrocities, but still some way to go.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 15:24:46

I re-watched Destiny of the Daleks earlier today, and noticed a gaping plot hole. When Romana regenerates at the start of the episode, she has the ability to choose her appearance. Not only that, she goes through a few bodies before settling on one, the body of a character from the previous episode, no less.

Now, when the Doctor regenerates, it's depicted as a traumatic experience, even life threatening at times. Plus, there's the fact she regenerates several times before settling on a body. Surly she wouldn't waste some of her 12 regenerations on doing that.

Inconsistencies suck.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 16:05:15

It'll be the bloke who uses the machine, or someone else who uses the machine.

Yeah, also I can't wait for Martha's family to think that The Doctor is rapist when they come back!

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 16:16:22

At 4/28/07 03:24 PM, TheMaster wrote: Inconsistencies suck.

Oh well, the writers I guess didn't take that into consideration when making Romana regenerate. Well, the Doctor could be a different story then Romana though. She may be a higher level Time Lord, like Tom Baker as a Doctor to Sylvester McCoy as a Doctor. If you watch some of the other episodes, she seems to know more about the Tardis and time travel and such than the Doctor, which leads me to believe that she's a better Time Lord.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 16:19:00

At 4/28/07 04:16 PM, TheThing wrote:
Oh well, the writers I guess didn't take that into consideration when making Romana regenerate. Well, the Doctor could be a different story then Romana though. She may be a higher level Time Lord, like Tom Baker as a Doctor to Sylvester McCoy as a Doctor. If you watch some of the other episodes, she seems to know more about the Tardis and time travel and such than the Doctor, which leads me to believe that she's a better Time Lord.

Yeah, wikipedia said she graduated the academy at a higher grade than The Doctor, plus she's younger, so regeneration techniques might have advanced. More likely, though, is that the writers just overlooked it.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 19:01:31

Overall I thought this story was quite good, but it seemed a bit disjointed compared to some of the others. I'm getting sick and tired of the Daleks always having their plans to regenerate their race thwarted though, there's been far too much of them trying to survive and not enough of them trying to take over the universe.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-28 21:17:46

At 4/28/07 04:19 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 4/28/07 04:16 PM, TheThing wrote:
Yeah, wikipedia said she graduated the academy at a higher grade than The Doctor, plus she's younger, so regeneration techniques might have advanced. More likely, though, is that the writers just overlooked it.

Yeah, probably. And then when people began to notice, they had to cover their asses with the excuse that she was a better Time Lord than the Doctor, and is younger, making her regenerations less painful and able to pick which body she wanted.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 02:04:40

At 4/28/07 07:01 PM, TheDoctor wrote: I'm getting sick and tired of the Daleks always having their plans to regenerate their race thwarted though, there's been far too much of them trying to survive and not enough of them trying to take over the universe.

TheDoctor is right. There has been TOO MUCH of the Daleks fighting to stay alive. Caan is the only Dalek left now, so he will probably just snuff it like Sec, Thay and Jast.
BTW everyone as of now I am actually going to learn how to use the forum properly!

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 02:10:38

At 4/28/07 09:17 PM, TheThing wrote: Yeah, probably. And then when people began to notice, they had to cover their asses with the excuse that she was a better Time Lord than the Doctor, and is younger, making her regenerations less painful and able to pick which body she wanted.

We are talking about daleks. DUH! Not Romana. She is dead anyway.

At 4/28/07 03:11 PM, FeargusMcDuff wrote: The episode was quite good, plot holes left to a minimum although there still were several. The woman was annoying and a blatant replacement of Rose. If you're going to axe a character, make sure you make one that is slightly different to the previous one...

Martha IS different. Rose needed the Doctor as her life was collapsing around her. Martha didn't need him as her life was OK.

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 03:56:44

At 4/28/07 07:01 PM, TheDoctor wrote: Overall I thought this story was quite good, but it seemed a bit disjointed compared to some of the others. I'm getting sick and tired of the Daleks always having their plans to regenerate their race thwarted though, there's been far too much of them trying to survive and not enough of them trying to take over the universe.

There is only one Dalek in existence now, I think he going to try ''regrow'' the Daleks so he can take over the universe, I mean the Daleks are strong but not invincible.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 04:03:22

At 4/29/07 02:10 AM, nemesis646 wrote:
At 4/28/07 09:17 PM, TheThing wrote: Yeah, probably. And then when people began to notice, they had to cover their asses with the excuse that she was a better Time Lord than the Doctor, and is younger, making her regenerations less painful and able to pick which body she wanted.
We are talking about daleks. DUH! Not Romana. She is dead anyway.

Jesus Christ, I risk double posting just to tell you off, This is The Doctor Who Crew, anything Doctor Who related, AKA. Romana is legible , just because were having conversation doesn't mean they have to join in, so they started there own conversation about a possible plot hole, and please just leave The Doctor Who Crew, until you learn to use the forum better, all your doing is making us look Spammy.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 04:39:29

At 4/29/07 04:03 AM, Zzwick wrote:

Leave The Doctor Who Crew, until you learn to use the forum better, all your doing is making us look Spammy.

OK I won't be blogging here for a couple of weeks and I'll learn how to blog someplace else.
Then I'll come back. Is that OK for everyone?

WTF?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 13:41:00

At 4/29/07 04:39 AM, nemesis646 wrote:
Leave The Doctor Who Crew, until you learn to use the forum better, all your doing is making us look Spammy.

OK I won't be blogging here for a couple of weeks and I'll learn how to blog someplace else.

Yes, thats fine.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 17:29:31

Not a bad wee episode, I mean it went a long way towards redeming itself when the hybrid was written out but there were some classic moments in there too. I really loved the bit when the 2 daleks sent the pig slaves back to base and started gossiping about their leader around the ladder. I thought that was funny as hell.

Without a doubt though, the best part of that entire episode was when Sec was chained up like a gimp and crawling on his hands and knees while one of the other Daleks had the chain wrapped around it's plunger bit. Classic. I thought the hi tech dalek tommy guns they gave their new army were pretty cool too.

I'm finding all this drama you guys are kicking up about the kid double posting alot hilarious by the way.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-29 20:13:19

At 4/29/07 01:41 PM, Zzwick wrote:
At 4/29/07 04:39 AM, nemesis646 wrote:

Yes, thats fine.

Thanks for taking care of that. Plus 5 points to Zzwick. I couldn't stand much more of him, although he was getting better with his posting skills.

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-30 08:45:25

[quote=Nejc]Okay, thanks. Sounds nice. But I do have some questions that are running up and down in my mind.

Ok, this is what I remember reading about this, don't know if it is TV canon, Book canon, Audio canon or just fanon, but hay...

You know in the Christmas special, with the syxorax, the doctor talked about still being the first 8 hours (I think) of his regeneration cycle? Romana was still supposed to be in that phase when she was switching bodies like that - she wasn't regenerating over and over, she was just burning excess energy to get a body she liked. Regeneration isn't something that comes easy for time lords, there is nack to it that some are better at then others, being able to control it is a key factor. The Doctor isn't very good at it, at all, while Romana takes to it relatively easily - plus I think I remember something being mentioned about a class on it that The Doctor skipped at school...

Also, Timelords, safe and snug on their planet, usually regenerate in very different circumstances to what The Doctor usually does. For them there is usually a lot of pomp and ritual as one body dies, and everything is very calm and controlled. Compare that to the Doctor who has an uncanny ability to get himself into trouble, thus causing him to regenerate in very difficult circumstances most of the time (poison, falling to death, getting shot...) so it is no wonder it is usually traumatic for him.

Again, I can't remember where I heard all this, so don't go quoting me yet.

Finally got to watch the new episode last night - we were having a barbeque over at Coop's place and missed it - thankfully my mom recorded it so, yay! Don't think Coop83 has seen it yet though... should do later. :)

Much, much better then last weeks - didn't know who to cheer for more; the Daleks for being so Dalek, the human Dalek for trying to make things better for his people and getting nowhere because the others didn't understand, or the Doctor for being the Doctor (Woo!). He was a bit quick to throw himself in the line of fire though... not that there was much he could do, really; face them and get shot, or run and get shot in the back. Oh joy, what good options!

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-30 12:09:18

Just saw the last episode and it was quite good. Bbut it looks like they still haven't got the heart to kill the Daleks.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-30 12:28:19

Well it was pretty obvious why they brought in that dalek hybrid.

As if they would have actually kept that on...

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-30 13:09:42

Thanks for taking care of that. Plus 5 points to Zzwick. I couldn't stand much more of him, although he was getting better with his posting skills.

Points? Anyway, with the Cybermen, do you think they will change shape or form anytime soon?

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-30 13:47:37

At 4/30/07 01:09 PM, Zzwick wrote:

Points? Anyway, with the Cybermen, do you think they will change shape or form anytime soon?

Hopefully. I don't like the new series ones. Too boring. Mind, I suppose they are more accurate as the emotionless beings they're supposed to be. Besides, they don't have to rely on suits anymore, so I doubt we'll see any tin foil Cybermen in the future =(

BBS Signature

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-04-30 21:40:39

At 4/30/07 01:09 PM, Zzwick wrote:

Yeah, for the member list update coming tomorrow. You get:
1 point - 1-3 lines
2 points - 4-5 lines
3 points - 5-7 lines
4 points - 7+ lines and another additional point for every line after that.

So EchoRun has a leg up after that long ass post she made.

Yeah, I think that they'll get more human looking. They'll essentially be humans without emotions and with lazers and some armor

Response to Doctor Who Crew 2007-05-01 03:16:15

Yeah, I think that they'll get more human looking. They'll essentially be humans without emotions and with lazers and some armor

Like the Cyberwoman off of Torchwood?

BBS Signature