00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Toffea just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Review Request Club

297,711 Views | 6,215 Replies

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-04 20:22:19

At 4/4/08 08:12 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote: I have a slight problem, the review list Nuts posted doesnt have every review requested on it i dont think so i just went ahead and reviewed everything from 4 pages back to make sure i have it all done, but now i dont know how many points ive amassed, so whoever is doing the list this week is gonna have to figure them out as i wasnt evtirely sure what to review, and also 2 of the requests have weird links, one is broken and the other seems to be deleted, so i reviewed everything in order to keep my 100%.

Sir nuts said his update was only up until the Sunday (so that folk wouldn't have too short a time to do the reviewing.)

I agree that the list could have been improved, but the fact that he did it is awesome. If you wanna update his list and correct his mistakes, that'd be appreciated.

As for myself, I hope to sleep.

All my reviews are done now. And ive noticed that not many people have done any this week. Hmmm... I hope now Milinko seems to be gone people wont give up on the club. :(

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-04 22:26:44

Too bad Milinko's not here. Good job on the list guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-04 23:15:53

4 Flashes + 4 RRC Labels=24 Pts
1 Audio=7 Pts
+_____________________________
31 Pts Total

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 05:37:26

some one review all my audio

(\__/) This is Bunny. come to my userpage

(O.o)click my sig for speacial suprise I HOPE YUO LIKE IT

(> < )

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 07:03:08

At 4/5/08 05:37 AM, samsam72 wrote: some one review all my audio

Read the rules, no more than 3 requests in one week,
DO NOT request without posting a link.
DO NOT say "Review everything" for the same reason above.

>:(

instagram.com/five_mile_smile

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 08:10:26

At 4/4/08 07:43 PM, Bezman wrote:
At 4/4/08 05:56 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Let's see what will happen. But I have a question: when will the next update come? Because not everyone will be able to complete every request within 2 1/2 days...
Well, I'm personally heading off on Sunday. I won't be doing any updates. I think it'll be safer to assume Milinko's not coming back in the near future.

Ultimately, the final decision is with whomever does the list, but it would be nice to democratise the process a bit.

Personally, I think the update should happen at the time we want it to happen each week - not letting last week's hiccup have a knock-on effect.

Hrm... is anyone willing to volunteer to do the next update?

I could do the update on Monday, as it's my day off.
I try to post the update late on monday (around 22:00 GMT+1 [or 10pm GMT+1]), if this is okay with everyone.
It's a short time to do all the requests, so maybe we can consider not updateing the total amount, even though it's a bit unfair towards the requesters as their requests don't have the same impact on this club as everyone's elses requests.

Though it took me over 2 hours, some of that time was spent typing up formulae in the excel calculator. I've uploaded my .txt and excel files here so it should save anyone at least 10-20 minutes..Someone who has used the program before could do it even faster. (I had never used it before.)

If used Excel before, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem -_-

I have another question: has anyone here already PMed milinko?
Surely the question should be, 'has anyone here NOT already PMd Milinko?'

I haven't...

Frankly, if anyone still hasn't contacted the usual list maintainer after an unexplained absence of nearly a week, it doesn't bode well for how much regard they give Milinko. Seriously, if you care about him or his contributions, I'd suggest PMing if you haven't already.

But that doesn't mean I don't respect what he has done for this club (in fact, milinko IS this club. He was the one who came up with the points system and he kept it alive for such a long time). I'm just not much into bothering other's with PM's. If milinko wants to post here why he's been absent, he will do so sooner or later.

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 10:28:19

At 4/5/08 08:47 AM, Murad136 wrote: Has Milinko abandoned us? He's active, but not here :(.

His experience has been 9,740 / 9,990 for a while. I'm assuming he has internet problems or something. Hopefully he's healthy and alive. :-)

At 4/5/08 08:10 AM, Haggard wrote: I could do the update on Monday, as it's my day off.
I try to post the update late on monday (around 22:00 GMT+1 [or 10pm GMT+1]), if this is okay with everyone.

Certainly sounds fine to me! If you get it done, that'd be fantastic.

It's a short time to do all the requests, so maybe we can consider not updateing the total amount, even though it's a bit unfair towards the requesters as their requests don't have the same impact on this club as everyone's elses requests.

If we're having a vote, I'd vote against this. I mean people still had access to the links and have had time to review if they're intent on getting the stats.

Of course, I think taking the time to do the list gives you the right to cast the deciding vote. ;-)

But that doesn't mean I don't respect what he has done for this club (in fact, milinko IS this club. He was the one who came up with the points system and he kept it alive for such a long time). I'm just not much into bothering other's with PM's. If milinko wants to post here why he's been absent, he will do so sooner or later.

Thing is, without you having just said it, he'd have no way to know we care.

There've been a few times that I've not done something I said I would (updated a comic, finished art etc.) and if barely anyone mentions it, it can feel like no-one missed you. I'd rather come back to a pile of e-mails saying they hoped I was OK and just politely reminding me of the comic or whatever, rather than have none.

Of course, we've all got different preferences but it seems like a similar situation here.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 12:06:42

I'll get the audio done tommorow morning I hope.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 12:15:52

Right, I'm confused bout this weeks reviews, some fo the link Sir-Nuts gave are broken etc. So is that still the offical list??

Oh and I'm considering taking over the list perhaps, but I may need some help because of some weeks over the summer I'm away etc. So any thoughs of people would be good. I may need to change some stuff to suit me, but I'll do it :O

Wi/Ht? level up! Lounge || Elite Guard Barracks || Review Request Club || NGLog

I watch an unholy amount of films

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 12:24:19

I would like my new song to be reviewed: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 30706

I will respond to all of them ;)

Thanks!

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 12:25:19

Sorry, something happened to the link!

THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE, that I want reviewed: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 35294

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 14:20:36

At 4/5/08 12:15 PM, Shanus wrote: Right, I'm confused bout this weeks reviews, some fo the link Sir-Nuts gave are broken etc. So is that still the offical list??

Yes, it's official. The links are broken in the actual requests as well.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 15:29:16

If you are reading my signature, you must not be doing anything important, so click the turntables to check out my music.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 18:10:00

At 4/5/08 02:20 PM, Haggard wrote:
At 4/5/08 12:15 PM, Shanus wrote: Right, I'm confused bout this weeks reviews, some fo the link Sir-Nuts gave are broken etc. So is that still the offical list??

But if the links are broken do we still review them? cause theyre the only ones i havent done, and one of them seems to be deleted.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 18:29:26

5 Hour Challenge

This is the spotlight submission, as the Author looks like the type who will take criticism and advice nicely. I think he could use some from us.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 18:37:54

At 4/5/08 06:10 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 4/5/08 02:20 PM, Haggard wrote:
But if the links are broken do we still review them? cause theyre the only ones i havent done, and one of them seems to be deleted.

As I volunteered to do the update on monday, I tell you what to do:
I only check the requests in the list Sir-Nuts has posted on page 136. If a submission there is deleted or if the link is broken, then I don't include that into the calculations.

But all links there seem to be working for me, so there's nothing to worry about anyway ;) .

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 19:20:29

At 4/5/08 12:25 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote: Sorry, something happened to the link!

THIS IS THE RIGHT ONE, that I want reviewed: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 35294

Im having a slight problem with this one, it wont play. Is it playing for anyone else? >:(

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 20:31:57

Dear Review Request Club, I can't thank you guys enough for the attention you guys managed to get me on my last requested animation. Not only did you guys review my animation with honestly and intelligent reviews but also got it up on the front page and for that I am thankful. Keep doin what you guys are doin its much appreciated.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-05 21:04:08

Hi there,
Is there anything I need to go through to be a member?
I've reviewed people on here who have requested reviews.
I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to put [Review Request Club] on the ends of the reviews I do in response to seeing requests here.

Also, I would like the following song reviewed, if possible :)
Surrender
P.S.: I got three reviews by posting my stuff in this thread, I'd like to express my appreciation. That was very nice.
I'd like to post a link to that song again, because I am interested to see what more people have to say
Space Elevator

"I like to put on the Backstreet Boys and have men hit me with wet towels...." - Billy Corgan

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 00:58:54

I'm looking for feedback on my first Flash and I think I'm in the right spot.

Check this out if you may.

Spiderman vs. Pie

Appreciate all the constructive criticism I can get. Thanks in advance.

Expand your vocabulary; feed the world.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 03:38:38

Agh! That spiderman vs. pie thing was so great!

"I like to put on the Backstreet Boys and have men hit me with wet towels...." - Billy Corgan

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 06:07:36

I don't really like reviewing audio much, lolol, a lot of it seems to be the same or starts to sound the same and I get lost for new things to say about something. All flash reviews done though, from the list Sir-Nut made anyway.

At 4/5/08 08:31 PM, TommysUsername wrote: Dear Review Request Club, I can't thank you guys enough for the attention you guys managed to get me on my last requested animation. Not only did you guys review my animation with honestly and intelligent reviews but also got it up on the front page and for that I am thankful. Keep doin what you guys are doin its much appreciated.

No problem, your last request one was the Blake & Dwight Chronicles wasn't it? I thought that was under rated when you requested it, so it definatly did deserve to be seen by more people. So yeah, thanks for that comment :3

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 07:33:46

At 4/5/08 08:31 PM, TommysUsername wrote: Dear Review Request Club, I can't thank you guys enough for the attention you guys managed to get me on my last requested animation. Not only did you guys review my animation with honestly and intelligent reviews but also got it up on the front page and for that I am thankful. Keep doin what you guys are doin its much appreciated.

Glad you appreciated the reviews. :-)

Front-page though was entirely the admins' doing.

At 4/5/08 09:04 PM, BreakingFaces wrote: Hi there,
Is there anything I need to go through to be a member?

Check the rules in my update on the previous page. The current official rule is that to be added to the list you need to post an explanation of the points you gained that week before the update. (Understand the points system and post a breakdown before Monday night.)

I've reviewed people on here who have requested reviews.
I was wondering if it would be appropriate for me to put [Review Request Club] on the ends of the reviews I do in response to seeing requests here.

It certainly would!

Also, I would like the following song reviewed, if possible :)
Surrender
P.S.: I got three reviews by posting my stuff in this thread, I'd like to express my appreciation. That was very nice.
I'd like to post a link to that song again, because I am interested to see what more people have to say
Space Elevator

One of the rules are, "-DO NOT request the same submission more than once.".

Your request was in the last update and people who want to review it will be likely to do so before Monday evening. Requesting the same request again is slightly rude.

Check out the rules.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 08:02:30

At 4/5/08 07:20 PM, Shadow-1409 wrote:
At 4/5/08 12:25 PM, GlowingMonkey wrote: Sorry, something happened to the link!

Im having a slight problem with this one, it wont play. Is it playing for anyone else? >:(

It's playing fine for me.

Your comment is much appreciated! <3

At 4/6/08 06:07 AM, Little-Rena wrote: I don't really like reviewing audio much, lolol, a lot of it seems to be the same or starts to sound the same and I get lost for new things to say about something. All flash reviews done though, from the list Sir-Nut made anyway.

That's why I don't review all the songs on one day. I only do about 5 a day, that way I won't run out of ideas of what to say so fast ;) .

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 10:50:46

got another request for this upcoming week:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/1 32212

it's really weird....

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 12:11:41

At 4/6/08 08:02 AM, Haggard wrote: That's why I don't review all the songs on one day. I only do about 5 a day, that way I won't run out of ideas of what to say so fast ;) .

I've been doing stuff this week though, lol, so I didn't really have much of a choice.

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 13:32:46

Id like some reviews for my song Hamburgers, once again, you guys are awesome.

Thanks!

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 13:57:39

I'm sorry, Bezman, I shall look at the rules and from now on abide by them.

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 14:57:47

Woohoo! I had a bit of an issue, forgetting to finish off the reviews this morning, before heading to the pub. Still, I've made up for lost time now and my 100% record for the past 18 weeks still stands.

Now to find some more to review, while I'm still in the mood.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Review Request Club 2008-04-06 17:21:57

Can I get a review on this or is it only NG songs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8gNZ748r 80

hiya