00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sevnox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get on this weekly podcast!

67,036 Views | 1,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-05 13:29:17

Alright, also... how should I format the podcast? Not the filetype... but the outline and the way it runs?

If possible, could you all advertise the podcast in your sigs at every forum you go to? Sorry if this is asking too much...

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-05 16:36:01

Look, I'm on NG now. Would you prefer submissions from here or the official forum? I can do either one...

I was just on the last Podcast so I don't know if you want me on this one or not... If you get a lot of submissions I'll drop out till one of the next casts.

Check out Betrayal.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-05 16:45:59

At 7/5/06 01:29 PM, G9 wrote: Alright, also... how should I format the podcast? Not the filetype... but the outline and the way it runs?

If possible, could you all advertise the podcast in your sigs at every forum you go to? Sorry if this is asking too much...

It's in my sig. :)

Format:
-Some kind of short theme song instead of that robot voice. It's not too bad, but it could be a lot better. I know it would take a while, but it's just an idea.
-Try to group songs by their speed/intensity.
-Before and after you talk, try to make the music fade in/out a little more instead of a sudden click. (If it's possible, I don't know how you're doing it.)

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-05 16:47:10

At 7/4/06 05:15 PM, G9 wrote: Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Vacant
I'm getting Skype at the moment right now... I'll check it out.

²³apples - glitchy but still sorta chilled out.

Skype interviews? - might be cool - :D

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-05 18:20:43

HEY! Great idea. :D

do you think I could be a part of this? :D

My better songs-
-The Pants of Eternal Darkness
-Infinity Over the Stars
-Lost Memories
-Paranorma (v2 update)

if you could check those out and see if you like any, I would be most grateful.
Thanks!

~cornandbeans

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-05 22:53:47

At 7/5/06 04:45 PM, x_kinetiK_x wrote: Format:
-Some kind of short theme song instead of that robot voice. It's not too bad, but it could be a lot better. I know it would take a while, but it's just an idea.
-Try to group songs by their speed/intensity.
-Before and after you talk, try to make the music fade in/out a little more instead of a sudden click. (If it's possible, I don't know how you're doing it.)

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know.

I asked for an intro a while back. No one submitted one :(

The fade-in thing is currently impossible, as I'm using Audcacity... which I'm hoping is the latest version :P

For the grouping thing, I could group by genre and have them go to together, seperated only by the "g9core.com audio podcast", and then afterwards talk a bit... and instead of giving the intro at the start, I'd give it after the first genre.

At 7/5/06 04:36 PM, x_kinetiK_x wrote: Look, I'm on NG now. Would you prefer submissions from here or the official forum? I can do either one...

I was just on the last Podcast so I don't know if you want me on this one or not... If you get a lot of submissions I'll drop out till one of the next casts.

I'd prefer the submissions here, until activity increases on the official forum.

You can be on two consecutive podcasts, just not two times on one single podcast.

Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
4. Paranorma by cornandbeans
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Now who should go first for the monthly single-artist features + Skype-powered interviews?

In addition, I'd like your personal help... lately, my computer has been going through a lot and giving me a lot of problems. Hence, I'm thinking of switching to the Mac platform, and as it can run both OS's, it makes me drool. As soon as the Intel-based Mac Pro's come out (not very long, Woodcrest, the new server procs, are supposed to be released later this year), I think I'll get a Mac, even though I only got this rig last year and for $4.5K. :( No I'm not spoiled, I was just a computer moron back then... perhaps still now.

Anyway, the help I need is finding Mac-compatible software. I know Adobe (now head of Macromedia products) also features stuff for the Mac platform, so no problem there. Um... thing is, media conversion software and tagging software. Speaking of which, music production software.

For media conversion... I still haven't bought it, but I'm thinking about it... IMToo Ripper Pack Platinum for $99. It looks great... only problem is, no Mac version. I need something that can come on the Mac too...

For MP3 tag-editing... that is changing the artist name, album name, song name, etc... I currently use this fully-functional, yet free ID3-TagIt Editor. And yet again, the problem- doesn't support the Mac.

And you all know Fruity Loops... but did you know that it doesn't support the Mac? :( I'm considering switching to Reason, as it supports the Mac interface.

Can't find the solutions? Well then, is it possible that you find this one? If I can somehow run Windows within OSX seamlessly, like through a window, without reboot (I'll use reboot if necessary), then that'd be much more convenient. Instead of converting software/tag editing by rebooting, I could do it through a window. I'm assuming this kind of OS-running is slower than reboot, so I'd reboot for Fruity Loops, if I don't get Reason.

I hope I didn't forget anything... and I surely hope you didn't just skip the latter paragraphs :(

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 03:10:21

Interviews? Awesome :D But probably not me, as I just started programming about 4 months ago. That's a great idea though. Another way it could be used is for artists to introduce their own songs. It could either be their own description, what you decide, or something that everyone agrees on.

As for that intro, I could try to come up with something. Any idea of what you're looking for? Style, length, any other details that could help.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 03:31:26

Ifu want to intervie me you will get a synth voice to answer my q's but yeah go for it send the q's and i'll send u several speech synthloops to answer q's

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 03:54:24

If my stuff is good enough it would be cool to be on this, songs to check out of mine are: Deliberations, 666 - homecoming - 666, Joanne Bassett. An interview would be cool, id definatley do one, and I understand if the songs are not up to par. Good luck on your podcasts!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 04:10:01

I'd like squirrel rap to be my "submission". Thanks!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 06:32:29

okay G9 could you take 'Calm' as my submission for this podcast, if you want the full version just PM me or email me then i'll post it over mmmmmmkay.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 11:24:00

At 7/5/06 10:53 PM, G9 wrote: I asked for an intro a while back. No one submitted one :(

!! - I completely overlooked that - are you looking for a basic radio style promo something along the lines of "g9core.com audio podcast" ? - any tagline or anything specific that you'd like? I'll try to come up with something by Sat. eve.

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 11:29:25

I am glad you guys liked my idea about using Skype, hopefully it will work out for you guys. It has always worked well for me in the past. Good luck.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 11:46:22

At 7/6/06 03:10 AM, x_kinetiK_x wrote: Interviews? Awesome :D But probably not me, as I just started programming about 4 months ago. That's a great idea though. Another way it could be used is for artists to introduce their own songs. It could either be their own description, what you decide, or something that everyone agrees on.

As for that intro, I could try to come up with something. Any idea of what you're looking for? Style, length, any other details that could help.

Um... artist intros wouldn't be possible... not everybody has a mic.

Intro... an industrial/electronica would be nice, with the robot voice somewhere in it... or perhaps your own version. 10-20 seconds. Email me at g9core@gmail.com for the robot voice, if necessary. I'd also like multiple intros from multiple people for more variety... I hope this answers LJCoffee's inquiries as well.

At 7/6/06 04:10 AM, cheesewizard1 wrote: I'd like squirrel rap to be my "submission". Thanks!

Cheezewizard, I couldn't find you on the Audio Portal.

At 7/6/06 11:29 AM, Scribbler wrote: I am glad you guys liked my idea about using Skype, hopefully it will work out for you guys. It has always worked well for me in the past. Good luck.

Thanks for the idea! :)

At 7/6/06 03:54 AM, RadRacer wrote: If my stuff is good enough it would be cool to be on this, songs to check out of mine are: Deliberations, 666 - homecoming - 666, Joanne Bassett. An interview would be cool, id definatley do one, and I understand if the songs are not up to par. Good luck on your podcasts!

Sorry man... I accept rock pieces, but lyricless rock... and Deliberations, I believe that was the one without a lyric line... it was kind of too slow for me. But good work, watch for the record label! :)

At 7/6/06 06:32 AM, pitbulljones wrote: okay G9 could you take 'Calm' as my submission for this podcast, if you want the full version just PM me or email me then i'll post it over mmmmmmkay.

I just PMed you for the full version. Remember, full versions are always appreciated! :)

Please remember to provide links to your suggestions... and looks as if you guys did end up overlooking the latter paragraphs of my above post. :(

And thanks for posting here guys... it's very encouraging, a mere post gets me motivated.

Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 11:50:16

If you click my username, and look under my songs it SHOULD be there.

I don't think it's been approved yet but it's showing up for some people O.o

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 12:22:12

At 7/6/06 11:50 AM, cheesewizard1 wrote: If you click my username, and look under my songs it SHOULD be there.

I don't think it's been approved yet but it's showing up for some people O.o

Error - no entry exists in the database with the id you've specified.

It's not there yet... and it's interesting that when I search up your name in the Audio Portal, it doesn't appear...

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 13:11:48

Yeah, I just realized that all the versions I have on NG are low-quality ones so they fit in the Portal. PM me if you want a better version of Betrayal, I have a 192kbps version that sounds a lot better.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 13:15:49

At 7/6/06 01:11 PM, x_kinetiK_x wrote: Yeah, I just realized that all the versions I have on NG are low-quality ones so they fit in the Portal. PM me if you want a better version of Betrayal, I have a 192kbps version that sounds a lot better.

I'd like the 192kbps version, please.

In addition, if you guys have blogs, online profiles, etc... please advert the podcast. Thank you :)

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-06 22:06:53

Just in case you guys missed out on this:

In addition, I'd like your personal help... lately, my computer has been going through a lot and giving me a lot of problems. Hence, I'm thinking of switching to the Mac platform, and as it can run both OS's, it makes me drool. As soon as the Intel-based Mac Pro's come out (not very long, Woodcrest, the new server procs, are supposed to be released later this year), I think I'll get a Mac, even though I only got this rig last year and for $4.5K. :( No I'm not spoiled, I was just a computer moron back then... perhaps still now.

Anyway, the help I need is finding Mac-compatible software. I know Adobe (now head of Macromedia products) also features stuff for the Mac platform, so no problem there. Um... thing is, media conversion software and tagging software. Speaking of which, music production software.

For media conversion... I still haven't bought it, but I'm thinking about it... IMToo Ripper Pack Platinum for $99. It looks great... only problem is, no Mac version. I need something that can come on the Mac too...

For MP3 tag-editing... that is changing the artist name, album name, song name, etc... I currently use this fully-functional, yet free ID3-TagIt Editor. And yet again, the problem- doesn't support the Mac.

And you all know Fruity Loops... but did you know that it doesn't support the Mac? :( I'm considering switching to Reason, as it supports the Mac interface.

Can't find the solutions? Well then, is it possible that you find this one? If I can somehow run Windows within OSX seamlessly, like through a window, without reboot (I'll use reboot if necessary), then that'd be much more convenient. Instead of converting software/tag editing by rebooting, I could do it through a window. I'm assuming this kind of OS-running is slower than reboot, so I'd reboot for Fruity Loops, if I don't get Reason.

And the current list...
Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 00:34:05

-kmg- Audio Portal

My music is all trance. Please feature me!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 00:41:08

Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
5. Into the Sky by KMG
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 00:56:03

Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
5. Into the Sky by KMG
6. Stars Above by Zenon
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 01:02:45

http://www.newground..656725&sub=55034

Listen to "HOS - Last Chance".

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 01:18:32

I have an entry for the podcast.

My song titled "Bomberman Enigma" found within the following link would be the entry song.

http://www.newground..648241&sub=54644

Good luck to all podcasters.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 08:11:16

I have a song for you!

Watercolour - Braindance.

Hope it gets on the podcast.

:D

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 10:21:55

hey :D I came up with a little tune, possibly to start off the podcasts. You know, like a little theme while you talk and explain all that's gonna be on the podcast. Tell me what you think. I even made a little voice thing at the beginning. ;)

G9 Core Music

peace
~cornandbeans

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 10:37:51

At 7/7/06 01:02 AM, headofstone wrote: http://www.newground..656725&sub=55034

Listen to "HOS - Last Chance".

Full version, please.

Song Roster
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
5. Into the Sky by KMG
6. Stars Above by Zenon
7. Bomberman Enigma by NightVision
8. Braindance by WaterColour
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

At 7/7/06 10:21 AM, cornandbeans wrote: hey :D I came up with a little tune, possibly to start off the podcasts. You know, like a little theme while you talk and explain all that's gonna be on the podcast. Tell me what you think. I even made a little voice thing at the beginning. ;)

G9 Core Music

peace
~cornandbeans

Now that's just great... so it's my opening talk time for adverts, requests, commentary, etc...? I'll try to make my opening commentary short this time, so people can listen. Thanks so much man!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 10:57:04

welcome! I'm glad you liked it!

btw me and XI are working on a collab, so if spots aren't full by sometime tomorrow, we might be able to submit it. If you allow it, that is. I know that artists can't be featured twice on the same podcast.

~cornandbeans

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 11:04:39

At 7/7/06 10:57 AM, cornandbeans wrote: welcome! I'm glad you liked it!

btw me and XI are working on a collab, so if spots aren't full by sometime tomorrow, we might be able to submit it. If you allow it, that is. I know that artists can't be featured twice on the same podcast.

~cornandbeans

Eh, it's a collab and from now on, I've decided to destroy the cap/limit. Whatever songs I like that are submitted between Monday and Friday, I'll plug into the podcast!

And about the collab, go ahead and submit it. It's by two artists, and as of which, they fuse, making a whole different artist. :p And even though it's on Saturday, I'll still plug it in, probably in the back of the podcast, as I'll have finished most of it.

So now...
Song Roster (No limit as of now!)
1. Zero Level by Syntrus
2. Betrayal by Kinetik
3. 23apples by LJCoffee
5. Into the Sky by KMG
6. Stars Above by Zenon
7. Bomberman Enigma by NightVision
8. Braindance by WaterColour

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-07-07 11:10:19

I've decided G9 for this podcast to sit it out, so other people get exposure rather than having the same artists pop up all the time, hope you don't mind, but i'll definately put my track forward for the next one mate.

MY ALBUMS ON SPOTIFY

Yes peeps, I have albums out, go listen.

BBS Signature