00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Peacock6k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Get on this weekly podcast!

67,276 Views | 1,724 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 15:39:26

Oi. I just realized #21 is already out. ^^ *goes off to listen*

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 16:15:14

At 9/8/06 03:39 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: Oi. I just realized #21 is already out. ^^ *goes off to listen*

Yes I must say overall each show gets better than the previous.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 18:36:05

At 9/8/06 03:12 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: See now the reason I'm suggesting this three feature "Highlight", for lack of a better phrase, is simply many artists don't have enough content to seriously keep interest for that long. I mean, I got a lot of tracks but I only give my best for the podcast. In fact, all my good tracks are nowadays becoming exclusive to G9Core.com.

Now for us guys who are getting votes, I would be honored to do a collab with you guys. I realize how painfully difficult it can be to do one. However, it is a mere suggestion. If a collab is too difficult, it would be awsome to have a one-hour or so show featuring our hits, perhaps a megamix or something. Nevertheless, it's only an idea.

Now, if we do want to do something like this, it's best if we could all keep in contact via instant messaging, as the PM system is outdated nowadays. PM me your contact info so we can get in contact and discuss ideas.

At this point I would like to note this is by far the most successful podcast on Newgrounds I have ever seen. There have been over 200 songs featured on here, and it is constantly growing. G9 has to be one of the nicest guys and is really fast at responding. I would like to take the opportunity to thank him for what he's done for us.

I am currently working on getting a G9Core.com advertisement posted in the campus newspaper. My college has a 22,000 student population. I encourage all of you to advertise the website, as hits to G9Core.com is more exposure for you and your music. For the listeners out there, be proud to be part of the community.

Well that's all I gotta say right now, if anybody needs to get a hold of me, PM me and I'll give ya my personal contact information.

"Highlights" sounds pretty good for a title. A collaborative piece, or collab collection may be too difficult, so your "megamix" proposition sounds good. The only IM I have that is capable of conferencing is MSN. Mine is g9v2@hotmail.com. And about the podcast... thanks man. If absolutely flattered ^_^. The reason why I am "fast at responding" is because at the moment I have no other life than the podcast. :P Hits are also very important. At first, significance will only reflect on G9 Core. But when the root is fed, the branches grow. In this case, that crappy metaphor uses the branches as you, the artists. This Christmas will see the "Preform Era", or v2.0. The following year a vBulletin forum, along with linked portals and such for various sections of the site, will be released. I am currently dedicated to reading a development book each month, for example Flash site creation, PHP, CSS, Fruity Loops... etc... all so that the site can be fully-functional by that time.

At 9/8/06 04:15 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: Yes I must say overall each show gets better than the previous.

Thanks man... I try my best. However, I'm open to suggestions on formats/schedules/ordering to make the podcast even better.

Guys, as you may already know podcast 21 is out. Start submitting for podcast 22, and keep voting for the single artist feature candidates poll. The "highlights" system is still in discussion, so we want the single artist as a backup.

Current Roster for Podcast #22:
1. Nonsenceicle Loop by Father_of_Death
2. The Randomness of Love by MusicalSerenity
3. Vacant
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Single Artist Feature Candidates Poll:
cornandbeans: 1
-OCON-: 2
XBrav_Revolutions: 1
MusicalSerenity: 3
NightVision: 1

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 19:07:08

I got a new track ready

[Warm at Heart]

three in a row

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 19:28:12

3. Warm at Heart by SineRider
4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

cornandbeans: 1

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 19:37:17

Though I can't exactly vote myself for the poll, I can definitely vote for my bud cornandbeans!

G9, add one for cornandbeans please.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 19:44:21

Keep voting guys, just in case the highlights feature system doesn't work out. And continue discussing that concept too, it sounds interesting.

4. Vacant
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

cornandbeans: 2

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 21:40:43

What's the minimum length that a song can be for it to be accepted for a Podcast? Recently I released a 37 second DNB song that I wouldn't mind being featured on the Podcast, but if that's too short, I got something else.

As for my vote on the Single Candidate, if DavidOrr is an option, my vote is going to him. If not, I'll vote for MusicalSerenity.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 22:10:57

At 9/8/06 09:40 PM, DSMagnum wrote: What's the minimum length that a song can be for it to be accepted for a Podcast? Recently I released a 37 second DNB song that I wouldn't mind being featured on the Podcast, but if that's too short, I got something else.

As for my vote on the Single Candidate, if DavidOrr is an option, my vote is going to him. If not, I'll vote for MusicalSerenity.

It's too short. And we need DavidOrr to post in here in order to activate. I don't want to feature an inactive artist. Not that's he's inactive, but it's key that he post when something as significant as this has him as a prerequisite... if that makes any sense. :P

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 22:34:57

Hey guys, check out my sig... I wanted to do this, but it was 350KB. Bummer.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 22:38:43

At 9/8/06 10:34 PM, G9 wrote: Hey guys, check out my sig... I wanted to do this, but it was 350KB. Bummer.

Fucking awesome. Too bad it's too large in size. :(

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 22:39:18

At 9/8/06 10:38 PM, DSMagnum wrote: Fucking awesome. Too bad it's too large in size. :(

Thanks man... instead of just having an upload option, they should have a link option... so your sig can be linked to imageshack, or something like that.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 22:44:10

At 9/8/06 10:39 PM, G9 wrote:
At 9/8/06 10:38 PM, DSMagnum wrote: Fucking awesome. Too bad it's too large in size. :(
Thanks man... instead of just having an upload option, they should have a link option... so your sig can be linked to imageshack, or something like that.

Either way works well when you think about it. The upload makes it so you can only have one image though, so that's good.

Also, since my other piece is too short, I'll submit this Ambient piece instead!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 22:56:08

At 9/8/06 10:44 PM, DSMagnum wrote: Either way works well when you think about it. The upload makes it so you can only have one image though, so that's good.

Also, since my other piece is too short, I'll submit this Ambient piece instead!

Actually, you could have it like this: please insert the URL of the image you would wish to have as your signature. And that would still allow only one image, yet a bigger filesize. Should we post this in the suggestions thread?

Do you mean the glimmer piece?

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 23:08:49

Ok well I decided my next G9Core.com exclusive will be available to the public before the podcast. The mp3 is 9 megs because I wanted it to be 320kbps. It makes a big difference.

G9 you'll get an e-mail with this link too:

The Adventure Awaits (Available for download until 09/15/06)

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-08 23:26:51

At 9/8/06 10:56 PM, G9 wrote:
At 9/8/06 10:44 PM, DSMagnum wrote: Either way works well when you think about it. The upload makes it so you can only have one image though, so that's good.

Actually, you could have it like this: please insert the URL of the image you would wish to have as your signature. And that would still allow only one image, yet a bigger filesize. Should we post this in the suggestions thread?

I've seen that some places, and it works quite nicely. I use something like that on my board, but that only affects the user pictures. Go ahead and post it in the suggestions.

Do you mean the glimmer piece?

Yeah. Maybe I should've been more specific. :P

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 12:01:23

At 9/8/06 11:08 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: Ok well I decided my next G9Core.com exclusive will be available to the public before the podcast. The mp3 is 9 megs because I wanted it to be 320kbps. It makes a big difference.

ZOMG!!!!!

that was awsome!!!!!!

Damn XBrav!!!!!!!

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 15:46:24

4. The Adventure Awaits by XBrav_Revolutionz
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 16:14:14

At 9/8/06 11:08 PM, XBrav_Revolutionz wrote: Ok well I decided my next G9Core.com exclusive will be available to the public before the podcast. The mp3 is 9 megs because I wanted it to be 320kbps. It makes a big difference.

What's a G9core.com exclusive? =P I'm a clueless bastard.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 16:17:50

Clam Is a new electronic track if you like it, please use it in your next podcast.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 16:22:28

What's a G9core.com exclusive? =P I'm a clueless bastard.

O nvm... it's a submission right? ^^

Oi. Are we aloud to submit submissions in advance before the podcast list is out because that will make it much easier for me. ^^ Either way works perfectly fine though and i'm sure it will be more difficult for you if I do that so don't feel obligated.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 16:25:33

At 9/9/06 03:46 PM, G9 wrote: Current Roster for Podcast #22:
5. Vacant
6. Vacant
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Oi. Sorry for the double-post but if possible could I change my submission to "B0UNC3 Rebirth?" This is only if you don't accept early submissions though which I would TOTALLY understand.

O- and if you don't mind could u give it a review/vote O_O! Hate to whore myself out like that but I gotta go soon and I wanna see some feedback before I do. I promise this will be one of the only times in my life I do so.

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 16:34:12

You forgot to add ~{ Glimmer }~. :P

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 16:47:03

At 9/9/06 04:14 PM, MusicalSerenity wrote: What's a G9core.com exclusive? =P I'm a clueless bastard.

It's like an iTunes exclusive. You can't find it anywhere but iTunes. I don't accept early submissions. Sorry, but I can't review the track at the moment.

2. B0UNC3 Rebirth by MusicalSerenity
5. Clam by Syntrus
6. Glimmer by DSMagnum
7. Vacant
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 17:28:26

Alright, MusicalSerenity... I can review that track for you. You want the B0UN3 rebirth one down?

5. Clam by Syntrus
6. Glimmer by DSMagnum
7. Irritable Rabbit by cxn926
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 18:03:01

At 9/9/06 05:28 PM, G9 wrote: Alright, MusicalSerenity... I can review that track for you. You want the B0UN3 rebirth one down?

5. Clam by Syntrus
6. Glimmer by DSMagnum
7. Irritable Rabbit by cxn926
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

That would be great but it's fine if you don't want to. The main reason I asked was because I just wanted some feedback before I left (I just got back). I don't usually whore myself out like that. Thanks for switching my songs. ^^

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 19:01:20

I will review it now.

5. Clam by Syntrus
6. Glimmer by DSMagnum
7. Too Short by cxn926
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 20:24:00

Although they are all deserving of a single artist feature in their own way, my vote goes to NightVision.

BBS Signature

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 20:24:29

At 9/9/06 07:01 PM, G9 wrote: I will review it now.

5. Clam by Syntrus
6. Glimmer by DSMagnum
7. Too Short by cxn926
8. Vacant
9. Vacant
10. Vacant

Hey G9 i have a great song coming out and i wanna change it with the one i have on the podcast. May i do so please!

if you say no i will plead my ass off lol

ive been waiting for the first spot since like for ever
and now it's time to put out a great song for the first spot =D

it will be out soon...arn't you excited!!!!

Response to Get on this weekly podcast! 2006-09-09 20:43:45

Hmm... I'm gonna send you the full version of "Over the Stars" for the next podcast & the website. Check your pms in a bit. :)

BBS Signature