00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DarKenn-Productions just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why does America hate England?

48,261 Views | 523 Replies

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-20 15:59:46

Is it because our healthcare system is evil?

By "evil", Sarah Palin means "One where anyone can be treated, and without the liklihood of their health insurance company going out of their way not to pay for their treatment."

An amusing sidenote is David Cameron is now saying the Tories are the NHS party - even though the NHS was cripplingly underfunded by both Thatcher and Major for the period of 1979-1997, which makes a lot of the £200bn underfunding it has been subject to over the past 30 years.

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship

Never underestimate the significance of "significant."

NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-21 14:28:50

I wasn't aware at the last american hate meeting that England was on the list.If you went to the meeting did you catch anyone saying they hated the British people?I know the government,Obama,and Polar bears were on the list.

The pigeon lied to me.

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-21 23:03:26

At 3/10/06 09:55 PM, MortifiedPenguins wrote:
At 3/10/06 09:46 PM, BFG_9000 wrote:

the U.S, Canada, the UK, and Australia are really all part of one family. Albiet, a very dysfunctional and psychotic one.
And South Africa and maybe India and China as a Cousin.

So Korea is like... The uncle who likes to molester kids?

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-22 00:15:21

excuse me but who won are independence....thats right

jk i got nothing again brittish people....lucy in the skys with diamond DODODO

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-24 10:29:14

At 8/21/09 06:34 AM, ThePretenders wrote:
On a side note, the UK banking bailouts are totaled to £1,227bn. I wonder if the politicians will tell the electorate that the government would have to make spending cuts in boom times, in accordance with Keynesian principles because the government would also have to raise taxes to pay off some of the debt. When push comes to shove, the NHS finances would be constrained.

Even more so given how hospitals have more administrators than nurses, and how Blair wasted £20bn of NHS funding on a computer system they never used.

In other words, the NHS isn't evil - the underfunding it got under the Tories has, however, made it so crippled it probably has to go BUPA.

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship

Never underestimate the significance of "significant."

NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-25 18:20:40

At 3/10/06 07:21 PM, Fuckle wrote: Im from England and alot of people on NG hate us,why?

England is not America, that's about it.
The American thought can be translated to a formula; I>U

I dare to be stupid

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-25 18:23:58

At 7/16/09 05:16 AM, nehemiah135 wrote: now don't get me wrong there are some peacfull muslim's but most muslims want to end there lives with blowing up and taking non-muslims down with them.

Most Muslims are quite peacefull (if they'd all want to blow up themselves then there wouldn't be any muslim left, now would they), and most of the terrorist-attacks have more civilian casualities than actual targets hit, most terrorist attacks are done in muslim countries so most people who died of terrorist-attacks are probably muslim.

I dare to be stupid

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-08-25 19:33:59

At 8/18/09 02:03 AM, Iron-Claw wrote: Here's something that's been itching me for a very long time: In World War II England was the one to sink The Bismarck and you did it with an obsolete World War I biplane and a single torpedo against the most menacing battleship of its day and seemingly against all odds sunk it with just one plane and one direct hit from a torpedo and when it was over there was not a single ounce of pride in it by anyone and every year in England a small memorial service is held to honor those who died in the Bismarck, Why? Why no pride in that? The nazis were the most evil regime in history. We can go on and on all day who's more evil but I"m sure we're all in agreement the Nazis were evil. They got what they deserved. Still no pride in sinking The Bismarck, why?

Modesty! Also their nothing to be proud about when you take someones life. Even during war, even when the enemy do evil things theirs no pride in killing. The sense of pride comes from knowing you stopped fascism. We celebrate that with VE day!

PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik

irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-09-06 21:48:38

I'd be willing to stop hating them if in return they taught us about all of their unique European phrases, like "tickled pink."

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-09-07 19:53:09

At 8/7/09 01:00 AM, dumbbannaman2 wrote:
At 7/16/09 05:16 AM, nehemiah135 wrote: well i like England overall they really ave not done much that would turn us against them but one thing i see is that England welcome's the muslim's. i saw a video were a muslim was witnessing in the street and they burnt an England flag in the street. yet they prime minister (or some other high power) went on tv and celebrated there holiday. so they refuse to help America in the war against these terrorists. now don't get me wrong there are some peacfull muslim's but most muslims want to end there lives with blowing up and taking non-muslims down with them.
WOW! wait a second. That is a huge stereotype that most Muslims are terrorists. Islam is a very peaceful religion, and they do not hate us, quite the opposite. actually, islam is a very interesting culture and please, the next time you say something like that, make sure you know what you are talking about, I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything.

Granted, but im sure i remember hearing some where that in there holy book it does say 'kill the infidels' or something along that line.

Not the peoples fault, again its religion screwing everything up. Instead of hating countries (yes, even the french...) we should move that hate onto religion. There the reason the world is fucked up. Lets just kill god... Anyone with me?

we are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossibly for the ungrateful

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-09-07 19:57:40

I have a few problems with England but I know that they are not a bunch of haughty, tea-slippin', jackasses without dental insurance. However I disagree with their stances in politics and generally don't like English comedies. I do like it more than American though.

I am the all the one and the master of the lulz...those who deny my mastery of lulz shall be smittin with a brick in there pants I give no mercy, no quarter, no rights.

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-09-07 23:01:57

At 3/10/06 07:21 PM, Fuckle wrote: Im from England and alot of people on NG hate us,why?

England Is a big player in the international world. and many massive entities will natrualy gather stereotypes, and no website is a fair representation of any national opinion.

ADAM ALMIGHTY

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-09-07 23:06:48

Seriously? I'm always hearing about America taking heat from European countries, never the other way around.

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2009-09-08 15:48:52

At 9/7/09 11:06 PM, DeutscheFlux wrote: Seriously? I'm always hearing about America taking heat from European countries, never the other way around.

The stereotype of the England hating American has been around for some time. Not surprising really, when you consider the British used to run the place, albeit hundreds of years ago; there'll always be some morons around holding bullshit prejudices.

he's jus' a rascal...