00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JKAmovies just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

why does America hate England?

48,170 Views | 523 Replies

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-08 13:13:28

At 9/7/06 10:13 PM, Draculea wrote:
At 9/7/06 11:22 AM, _holly_ wrote: Britain did defeat France. Trafalgar Britain destroyed the spanish and french navy .
Did I say they didnt?

The Battle of Leipzig wouldn't of happened because before Britain stepped in, most of the allied forces in that battle were on napoleons side.
What do you mean it wouldnt have happened? Britain wasnt involved in it. France lost a major defeat there, possibly one of the largest before WW1.

Russia managed to push france out of russia. (at the early stages of the war) If Britain hadn't stepped in, Spain,Portugal,germany,belgian, and france would of quite easily destroyed russia!
You must not know much of the conflict, because Russia had decimated Napoleons army with just their weather. Technically Napoleon won the war, but he couldnt control the vast country and on his way home he lost more than 97% of his 691,500 manned army. If he had maintained the allied status with Russia, he could have focused his eyes on Britain, which he might have been able to defeat.

I' sorry but if Britain never was, french would be your national language.
Not spanish...
Go watch the history channel sometime, or do they not have that in Britain (or were you are from).

France suffered huge defeat in russia but after russia napoleon regrouped with huge armies. The french loved him!
Britain Defeated Napoleon twice. They captured him twice. The British Embassy in france today is napoleons house!
Napoleon used a tactic in his armies that no other armie could withstand, the coloum, which was a huge block of men which just marched strait into the enemys formation and most just ran. These Coloums had 10's of thousands of men in,marching strait towards you would be incredibly frightning. They Defeated Prussians, spanish, portugese, Russians! But the British who had the best Infantry In the world (and the shittest cavalry)
Stood in line 3-4 ranks thick and the huge french coloums would march towards the lines which looked so weak and frail, and then the British would start firing Platoon fire 4-5 shots a minute which eventually destroyed the french coloums.
Welligton also had a number of german calvalry regiments which were the best in the world. The British Grenadiers and the Highlanders proved to be the very best Infantry And the royal green jackets.

Anyway the whole point of this was that you would be speaking french if it wasn't for the British, and you would of because instead of Britain being the dominant power of north america it would of been the french.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-08 19:32:31

At 9/8/06 10:28 AM, Imperator wrote: I'm just glad people 60 years ago weren't arguing over who's country contributed more to the war effort, and just FOUGHT the DAMNED WAR!

Seriously, everyone who's arguing WWII right now:

Shut up. Group effort. Yay ALLIES!

Well said, I couldn't agree more. This isn't intelligent discussion about WWII, its just arguing over bragging rights.

Up the Clarets!

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-08 19:35:18

The Scots saved everyone’s asses.

You guys are just too afraid to admit it.

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-08 20:02:42

Well said, I couldn't agree more. This isn't intelligent discussion about WWII, its just arguing over bragging rights.

The only "winners" are unfortunately the heroic dead, for they don't have to see their ancestors squabbling over something they didn't even take part in......

I'm just glad the Vets don't frequent NG.......

Fuckin kids....stay in school, ans STFU!

Writing Forum Reviewer.

PM me for preferential Writing Forum review treatment.

See my NG page for a regularly updated list of works I will review.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-08 20:29:22

I like my auntie ann.
Sometimes if I'm a good boy at the mall she let's me pick out granny smith apples.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-08 21:59:08

At 3/10/06 07:21 PM, Undesigned_Spirit wrote: Im from England and alot of people on NG hate us,why?

Who the fuck said people hated England?
England is America's best friend.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-09 00:27:04

At 9/8/06 01:13 PM, _holly_ wrote: Napoleon used a tactic in his armies that no other armie could withstand, the coloum, which was a huge block of men which just marched strait into the enemys formation and most just ran.

How would that work in the dense forests of America?

Anyway the whole point of this was that you would be speaking french if it wasn't for the British, and you would of because instead of Britain being the dominant power of north america it would of been the french.

No, France had no incentive to invade America after the rebellion.
France would have pulled back their troops during the rebellion, leaving America wide open to any country.
If they did quench the rebellion, they would have stayed home for enough time for the Spanish to control America.
If they lost the rebellion, they would have conquered Europe. If they would have left for America, France would have been invaded.

We would not be speaking French, end of discussion.

Faith tramples all reason, logic, and common sense.

PM me for a sig.

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-09 00:31:14

At 3/10/06 07:21 PM, Undesigned_Spirit wrote: Im from England and alot of people on NG hate us,why?

America doesn't hate England. We hate everyone. It's plain and simple... we hate the horrible past that we had to excape by coming to America and thinking of other countries reminds us of our past origins.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-09-09 02:20:16

I like British accents.

I'M AN ATHEIST LOL.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-22 12:21:26

right america hate praticly every country espily france which is a okay country and the resoun the rest of britian hates england is they just want independce britian could be reunited by dyplomicy instead of war i mean would it be so bad if they were independant and im welsh but i like england i just dont like it when they insult us

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-22 16:00:04

At 10/22/06 12:21 PM, shorty10 wrote: right america hate praticly every country espily france which is a okay country and the resoun the rest of britian hates england is they just want independce britian could be reunited by dyplomicy instead of war i mean would it be so bad if they were independant and im welsh

Well, the thing is, each country in Britain does have some form of independence. There's a scottish parliament and welsh parliament in which the English have no say..

i like england i just dont like it when they insult us

I'm English and i don't like it when people insult the Welsh. In fact, i'm going to university in wales.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-22 18:45:17

I dont know why America hates England if anything they should like England for backing them in the war and all.......

I personally hate England but I'm from Ireland and i think everyone knows why I do.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-22 19:34:41

Hey! I have an idea! Why doesn't every single effing person on newgrounds state their opinion on England!

One at a time!

Die Kunst ist Tot! Dada Uber Alles!

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-22 22:48:56

At 10/22/06 06:45 PM, conno30001 wrote: I dont know why America hates England if anything they should like England for backing them in the war and all.......

I personally hate England but I'm from Ireland and i think everyone knows why I do.

Yea Ireland have the right to hate us. But then English hate Irish for Bombin us,

Scotland has it's own Parliment, wales doesn't.

An I Have no idea why america hates England, doubt they know were it is.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-23 00:26:08

At 10/22/06 10:48 PM, tawb wrote: Scotland has it's own Parliment, wales doesn't.

Maybe the decades of oppression and the yoke England held over our heads for many years. Perhaps it had to do with how the Royal Army would annex American homes, or maybe it was how we were treated like second-class citizens by the British Government.

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-23 01:30:04

At 10/23/06 12:26 AM, BanditByte wrote: Maybe the decades of oppression and the yoke England held over our heads for many years. Perhaps it had to do with how the Royal Army would annex American homes, or maybe it was how we were treated like second-class citizens by the British Government.

Welcome to our world mate.

Sure allot of the English/Scottish conflicts happened a long way back, long before the Americas were even discovered by modern Europeans.

But more recently, after the forming of the Union in 1707 the Scot’s native tongue, Gallic was banned and our culture suppressed in an effort to ease Scotland’s incorporation into the newly formed UK.

But we got over it….mostly.

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-23 12:47:13

At 10/23/06 01:30 AM, ImmoralLibertarian wrote:
At 10/23/06 12:26 AM, BanditByte wrote: Maybe the decades of oppression and the yoke England held over our heads for many years. Perhaps it had to do with how the Royal Army would annex American homes, or maybe it was how we were treated like second-class citizens by the British Government.
Welcome to our world mate.

Sure allot of the English/Scottish conflicts happened a long way back, long before the Americas were even discovered by modern Europeans.

But more recently, after the forming of the Union in 1707 the Scot’s native tongue, Gallic was banned and our culture suppressed in an effort to ease Scotland’s incorporation into the newly formed UK.

But we got over it….mostly.

Yea fair enough on scottish behalf. I'd like to see Scottish get scot Gallic as a registered language in the EU or whatever there tryin to do, an Irish Gallic an Welsh lol

But the difference between Scotland an America, Is england Invaded Scotland an shit.
America was 'New Engand' lol They were British Citezens. The amount of English citezens killed in Riots an shit around the time of american independence Was far more than of what happended in america. And it went on for alot longer.

Americans Rich were Treated worse than British Rich, But the Common people of england were Mostly in Poverty an treated like shyte.

But British in the colonies could revolt against the army in America as the garrisons in the americas were shit. English,Welsh an Scottish couldn't revolt as they had the best army in the world on there doorsteps.

So I can't see any reason America hates English.
I can see why Scottish an Welsh can have Grudges against england, But not really hate.
I might be wrong but wasn't it James King of Scots who United Great Britain??

And Irish if anyone has reason to hate england, But England Put huge amounts of money towards Ireland when they joined EU.

I don't hate Germans Or Argentinians or whatever,

lol the best way to see what nations think of each other is how much tension an shit is between them in football games.

Scotland an England - Big tension
Ireland an England - Big tension
England an germany - Big tension
England an Argentinia - Big tension

But If England was to play AMerica it would be friendly.

Weird way of puttin it I know, but its true.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-23 14:27:06

At 10/23/06 12:47 PM, tawb wrote: I might be wrong but wasn't it James King of Scots who United Great Britain??

You’re right, sort of…he united the crowns after Queen Mary I of England died and left no heir, So King James VI of Scotland also became King James I of England and Ireland in 1603, the forming of the Union came a century later.

It’s a common misconception that England conquered Scotland.

During the Wars of Independence in the 1300s and 1400s England invaded and did rule over us for a time, but Scotland won the wars and forced the English back (you did take ownership of Berrick, a once Scottish town through).

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-23 14:43:19

Why do americans hate the british:

We hate the british?... wow i had no idea.

On a moving train there are no centrists, only radicals and reactionaries.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 13:12:29

I think everyone in the world expect the scottish, irish and the welsh and dont forget the english (im not taking the piss alot of englishmen I no hate england) really likes england i think its becuase We've been doing some pretty bug stuff for the last century. And when I mean big I mean FUCKING HUGE!!

its only been 20 years since we brough down football voilence and even now brits outside the UK are getting the book thrown at them just for the littlest punchups at a match. Whats the world coming to.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 13:14:07

At 10/24/06 01:12 PM, the-man-who-knew wrote: I think everyone in the world expect the scottish, irish and the welsh and dont forget the english (im not taking the piss alot of englishmen I no hate england) really likes england i think its becuase We've been doing some pretty bug stuff for the last century. And when I mean big I mean FUCKING HUGE!!

Except not expect.

I really fucked up there. Put down the carlin. yes thats it good boy

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 13:15:20

At 10/24/06 01:14 PM, the-man-who-knew wrote:

i think its becuase We've been doing some pretty bug stuff for the last century. And when I mean big I mean FUCKING HUGE!!

Except not expect.

I really fucked up there. Put down the carlin. yes thats it good boy

The last millenium not the last century. god im soo wasted.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 15:05:59

Because they hate Bush and Bliar

why does America hate England?

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 15:26:04

I hate england cous its full of english

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 15:49:16

At 10/22/06 10:48 PM, tawb wrote:

Gee, could it have something to do with the fact that you just insulted our intelligence? Jackass?

Right, we don't know where you're at, but are smart enough to be the only Superpower in the world.....so suck it......

Writing Forum Reviewer.

PM me for preferential Writing Forum review treatment.

See my NG page for a regularly updated list of works I will review.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 15:57:27

At 10/24/06 03:49 PM, Imperator wrote:
At 10/22/06 10:48 PM, tawb wrote:
Gee, could it have something to do with the fact that you just insulted our intelligence? Jackass?

Right, we don't know where you're at, but are smart enough to be the only Superpower in the world.....so suck it......

Well, self-proclaimed superpower, i don't exactly see anything that would make America a superpower. Anyway, when was the last war in which America was on its own that it won?

Anyway, i don't think Americans are idiots, America has roughly the same average IQ as Britain, there's only a 2 point deviation. There's something i do want to know.. How come there are Americans who say "America is the best country in the world" when they havn't even left it? To me. that is arrogant.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 16:07:32

Is it fuck. my mobile is more of a superpower than america

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 16:16:41

At 10/24/06 04:07 PM, the-man-who-knew wrote: Is it fuck. my mobile is more of a superpower than america

Lol, so says the guy who comes from a country that's basically a pimple on Britain's ass.

BBS Signature

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 16:45:28

At 10/24/06 04:16 PM, BanditByte wrote:
At 10/24/06 04:07 PM, the-man-who-knew wrote: Is it fuck. my mobile is more of a superpower than america
Lol, so says the guy who comes from a country that's basically a pimple on Britain's ass.

Well for one thing Im from english heritage, and second it must of been some pimple when we kicked there ass for our freedom. And the funny thing is we were out numbered. And third Scotland, england, N irland and wales are all a part of britian.

Response to why does America hate England? 2006-10-24 16:55:21

Boy goes up to his father and askes

Dad can you get pregnant from anal sex?

Of course you can son. where do you think englishmen came from.