00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hellpix just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

57,363 Views | 601 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-05 23:32:14

Umm, how can all of our characters learn other elements? I thought that only the avatar was capable of that.

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-06 00:57:59

At 12/5/06 11:32 PM, TheSilverSerpent wrote: Umm, how can all of our characters learn other elements? I thought that only the avatar was capable of that.

Wrong.
The Avatar is the only one capable of 'MASTERING' all 4 elements.
If you look on thw site(or wikipedia)it says that while it is possible to learn other elements,it is VERY VERY HARD and near impossible.All my character is able to is shoot a little ball of fire and belch flame(and that's with a proper tutor...give my charac. a break,he's a waterbender trying to learn firebending...perplexing isn't it?

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-06 05:58:07

At 12/6/06 12:57 AM, Meselbomb wrote:
At 12/5/06 11:32 PM, TheSilverSerpent wrote: Umm, how can all of our characters learn other elements? I thought that only the avatar was capable of that.
Wrong.
The Avatar is the only one capable of 'MASTERING' all 4 elements.

Ok, now i understand. Pretty interesting stuff, huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-07 00:50:30

lol. cool. but i think if i were to learn another, ill wait until i can basically master waterbending

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-08 23:12:57

Has everyone seen the end of Season two? It was awesome....

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 00:00:46

Oh my god.....
Did anyone see the new episode that came on a few minutes ago?
Damn....I've heard of cliffhangers..but man,that was messed up.......

Like wikipedia said,it had the BEST bending battle so far.I really didn't expect Zuko to be so skilled.While neither of them(Azula and Zuko)really were winning against Aang and Katara,Azula wasn't getting smacked into walls(unlike Zuko he was slammed into the wall or the crystals many times)
If you haven't seen 'The Guru' or the 'The Crossroads of Destiny',hack into Nickelodeon Studios and watch it from there now(or watch it on Nick,which ever one works for you...)
You're not gonna believe what happens!

Yea,we already covered that....
Remember when Zuko made the giant whips of flame and when Aang made the armor of Gemenite.And when Toph bended the metal..

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 00:49:54

I have been thinking for so long of why earthbenders couldn't bend metal, as it contains small amounts of earth, and then there it is! I was so freakin' frustrated...

So this RPG, we just make a story, basically a detailed script of one of many adventures at a time, maybe opposing characters/people now and then?

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 01:26:13

At 12/9/06 12:49 AM, callmeemo wrote: I have been thinking for so long of why earthbenders couldn't bend metal, as it contains small amounts of earth, and then there it is! I was so freakin' frustrated...

So this RPG, we just make a story, basically a detailed script of one of many adventures at a time, maybe opposing characters/people now and then?

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 01:27:48

At 12/9/06 01:26 AM, TheSilverSerpent wrote:
At 12/9/06 12:49 AM, callmeemo wrote: I have been thinking for so long of why earthbenders couldn't bend metal, as it contains small amounts of earth, and then there it is! I was so freakin' frustrated...

Sorry, i forgot to post: Yeah, thats hwo it basically goes, adn i think Earth benders should be able to bend metal: If not, then why Waterbenders ice, and are Airbenders able to bend lightning?

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 10:23:24

At 12/9/06 01:27 AM, TheSilverSerpent wrote:
Sorry, i forgot to post: Yeah, thats hwo it basically goes, adn i think Earth benders should be able to bend metal: If not, then why Waterbenders ice, and are Airbenders able to bend lightning?

I'm going to clear up a few things for I am still a major avatar fan...

1)Airbenders don't bend lightning.
Firebenders do.
Why?Lightning is technically an essence of fire,you know.Like how when lightning hits a treee,the tree ignites on fire.
From what's revealed,it's been said that the only special Air ability is making tornados.

2)Waterbenders can bend ice because Ice is frozen water(well that's pretty obvious..)

3)I can't fully explain why Toph/eathbenders can bend metal.But look at it from this perspective,
how do you think humans made metal?We used minerals and other materials coming from the earth.While normal earthbender can't bend metal,Toph is a prodigy and can.

Lastly,here are the SUPER ADVANCED BENDING TECHNIQUES for each nation..
Earthhbenders-
*Sandbending(sandbenders from 'The Library'episode)
*And can maipulate the waters in vegetation and flora.

Firebanders-
*Blue Flame-I thought blue flame was weaker form of fire,but oh well...)
*Lightning-I.EAzula firebending prodigy!

Waterbenders-
*Can maipulate the water in vegetation and flora.

The only thing more advanced would be one of Aang's Avatar state abilities.....

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 17:22:00

Oh I love that show can i join?

Name:Skrash
Element:Fire Bender
Desription:A skeleton of a teen fire bender who was burned over 3000 years ago by his enemys.

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-09 23:37:23

Hey can I join?
If so I my name is Seraphine and I am the other child that Firelord Ozai does not want you to know about.
I lived with this old Earth Kingdom couple outside of Ba Sing Se until they were killed in a fire nation raid in which Iost control of my firebending and killed all of the soldiers. Now I live on my own and travel all over the world helping villages that have been touched by the war.

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-10 05:15:59

At 12/9/06 10:23 AM, Rague wrote:
At 12/9/06 01:27 AM, TheSilverSerpent wrote:
I'm going to clear up a few things for I am still a major avatar fan...

Firebenders do.
Why?Lightning is technically an essence of fire,you know.Like how when lightning hits a treee,the tree ignites on fire.
From what's revealed,it's been said that the only special Air ability is making tornados.

Really? Last i checked, it said lightning was the result of positive and negative chrages gathering in clouds, and therefore air. Oh well, you guys probably know the series better than me. Also about the metal, i was agreing that they should be able to use it.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-10 09:42:34

Name-Shade

Element-Air

Background-After my temple was destroyed thanks to the Fire Nation I have became a wanderer moving across the land like a nomad I've heard of the Avatar and my greatest wish would be to see him.

Weapons-4 Black Bands around the wrist and the ankle area they amplify my powers meaning that I can use the other elements but it is VERY limited and after I use the other elements and the other elements special abilities like controlling metal lightning ice etc. I risk passing out. A recoil from the Black Bands ampification power.

I'm Black BITCH!!!!!!!!

(Click here to see my Myspace Profile)

Signature created by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-10 11:53:53

Firebenders do.
Really? Last i checked, it said lightning was the result of positive and negative chrages gathering in clouds, and therefore air.

He he,didn't look at it that way before...You've got a point.

Oh well, you guys probably know the series better than me. Also about the metal, i was agreing that they should be able to use it.
DWAB,beisdes,in this show,no has ever heard of or seen a bear...

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-10 12:11:39

I think that the real powers are like this:

Fire-Bending
-Ability to control the strength and form of the fire (ex. lightning, or really hot fire)

Earth-Bending
-Ability to control all earth, no matter how small or refined it is (like sand and metal)

Water-Bending
-Ability to control all forms of water, and change form. Also able to control non-pure water (like mud and ice)

Air-Bending
-Ability to make self sustaining whirlwinds and spheres of condensed air (Like Aang's air scooter)

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-13 01:36:05

i hope this clears some things up: i just looked it all up.

not all earthbenders can manipulate metal. i read on a website that explains the whole idea. only toph can bend metal, because she can see it through her ability. most benders have to be able to know where the particles are in the metal, so really she is the only one that can bend metal. as far as the waterbending goes, ya ice is just frozen water. ive only seen firebenders do lightning. its sometimes called "the cold-blooded fire." in order to create lightning, one must have a complete absence of emotion, and to have peace of mind (which is why azula is so easily able to do it.) physically, it also requires you to seperate the energies of yin and yang. only uncle iroh can redirect natural lightning, but that is something completely diferent from creating it. creating lightning is just an advanced firebending move, but iroh's abitlity to transfer natural lightning is used by waterbending. he does a circular motion, so that the lightning goes in one arm, through the stomach, and out the stomach. and they dont actually control the lightning, they just guide it.

but ya that last fight scene on the season finale was awesome. the fire whip vs. octobending was great. that fight scene was awesome. i knew zuko could betray people, but i never expected him to do that to his uncle. thats low, even for him

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-14 23:17:02

hey what happened. nobodys said anything in like 2 days. what happened?

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-15 00:08:12

At 12/14/06 11:17 PM, Rocker23220 wrote: hey what happened. nobodys said anything in like 2 days. what happened?

Hey man, I was a recruit (probably still am) and i watched weeks go by after my first post. i had to dig it out of the old topics pile.

Also, airbenders can apparently run really fast by manipulating the air around them (i don't think it's posted).

One more, can waterbenders manipulate water temperature, or is that a firebender-mix thing?

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-15 01:11:22

aah, i was just talking about how nobody had said anything. ya airbenders can do that, they were just talking about metalbending, and lightning. as to waterbending, they can make it cold enough to turn it into ice, but i dont think they can make it hotter to boil or just to burn people. that would probably fall under firebending stuff

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-18 22:27:26

ok this thread is starting to die out. why isnt anybody posting anything anymore?

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-19 01:47:18

At 12/18/06 10:27 PM, Rocker23220 wrote: ok this thread is starting to die out. why isnt anybody posting anything anymore?

I would post allot more stuff but nobody reacted to my first post in this crew.

I'm Black BITCH!!!!!!!!

(Click here to see my Myspace Profile)

Signature created by me.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-19 17:20:06

okkk...

But dude,you have to real9ze...
as the show dies down witha cliffhanger and in production of Season 3,all clubs based on said T.V show will die down as well...
At least until more new episodes come on...

P.S:Yeah.Zuko,well..if you remember the ending of the last new episode..his actions did seem to have some emotional impact on him....
Man,those story designers are good...
They ALL knew that ALL of us were expecting Zuko to attack Azula..then he attacks Aang...
man..that was messed up...
Now,only the slightly-fallen avatar,Omashu,and the Water Nation stand against Ozai(we haven't seen his face yet...)
And what's gonna happen to those guys Toph imprisoned with METALBENDING...

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-19 23:41:42

At 12/19/06 05:20 PM, Rague wrote: okkk...

as the show dies down witha cliffhanger and in production of Season 3,all clubs based on said T.V show will die down as well...
At least until more new episodes come on...

ya thats true

They ALL knew that ALL of us were expecting Zuko to attack Azula..then he attacks Aang...
man..that was messed up...

that was totally messed up. so we all know that he is capable of turning back on people, but his OWN UNCLE!! wth?! he was the only person i would ever expect for him to never betray.

And what's gonna happen to those guys Toph imprisoned with METALBENDING...

o im sure theyll get out sooner or later.

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2006-12-23 00:28:17

Sorry, but I am only on once or twice a week (weekends).

But the person I want to know what will happen to is the earth king. And his bear, of course. And will Azula stay at Ba Sing Se and rule, or place someone and keep hunting the avatar.

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2007-01-02 17:26:55

I'll join My character's name will be Hishero and he'll bean earth bender and why do I want to join... because Avatar is sweet I've been waching it ever since it was on

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2007-01-02 17:38:13

At 12/13/06 01:36 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: i knew zuko could betray people, but i never expected him to do that to his uncle. thats low, even for him

I agree with the rest of the post too, but I think tht Zuko is going to double cross Azula.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2007-01-02 19:36:41

At 1/2/07 05:26 PM, Odinman wrote: I'll join My character's name will be Hishero and he'll bean earth bender and why do I want to join... because Avatar is sweet I've been waching it ever since it was on

hey odin. welcome. lol. avatar rocks!!

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2007-01-09 23:14:51

I freely admit that I'm not a member of this show's age 6-11 demographic, but I'm really enjoying watching it all the same. Normally the show airs on Nickelodeon, which is probably why I haven't heard of it until recently, when two seasons have already been completed. But it's quite surprising how good it is. The show's style is unmistakably borrowed from anime, but it uses as its foundation Chinese art and mythology, not to mention Classical Chinese calligraphy which can be found everywhere. In execution it's a mishmash of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Indian Buddhist and Hindu concepts.

In many ways, it is very much the Jade Empire of animation: a cartoon created by Westerners which uses carefully researched pan-Asian concepts. It's unmistakably the work of outsiders yet manages to be completely entertaining while also very respectful to the source materials. I had quite a bit of fun just pointing out to my neighbor various Chinese cultural and mythological concepts he didn't know about which are featured quite prominently. Oh, and it's quite a lot of fun, there's a great sense of humor, the storyline itself is quite serious and fascinating, the characters are all well-developed and the children who supply the voice acting are very talented and believable.

We aren't in Jake Lloyd territory here, the cast of no-names are all superbly chosen and read their lines very well. The late, great Mako supplies the voice of Uncle Iroh, and it's fun to hear his voice, and Clancy "The Kurgan" Brown also appears as a recurring character in Season 2.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club 2007-01-09 23:22:00

umm........you lost me at "demographic." lol. jk. ya me neither. but all the rest of what you said was confusing.