00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew

87,059 Views | 949 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-25 19:09:14

I've seen a few ppl post saying they like Mudvayne. I love 'em.
Seriously if you havn't heard 'em then you don't know what youur missing out on.
"link"

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-25 19:35:09

At 1/25/06 07:09 PM, Dark-Teck wrote: I've seen a few ppl post saying they like Mudvayne. I love 'em.
Seriously if you havn't heard 'em then you don't know what youur missing out on.
"link"

Thet aren't really my thing but i doubt no one hasn't heard them.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-26 08:16:20

cows can bark wants me to tell you all that hes banned for 30 days. k

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-26 16:25:25

At 1/25/06 07:09 PM, Dark-Teck wrote: I've seen a few ppl post saying they like Mudvayne. I love 'em.
"link"

Good band, I like the bassest, real quick up on that fret board =P
They have some awesome songs, Fucking Determined one of the best and Fall into Sleep. Very good nu-metal band.

Question for you guys, does Trivium count as metalcore? Or as a heavy metal band?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-26 16:47:26

At 1/26/06 04:25 PM, LookingTwiceKills wrote: Question for you guys, does Trivium count as metalcore? Or as a heavy metal band?

metalcore, they're not considered 'true' so they can't be heavy

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-26 23:27:30

To be honest, I haven't heard any Trivium. I avoid listening to them because people are hailing them as the next Metallica, and I fxing hate Metallica.

On another note, it's my 19th birthday tomorrow! :D

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-27 04:09:20

At 1/26/06 11:27 PM, jarrydn wrote: On another note, it's my 19th birthday tomorrow! :D

OMFG
*big hug* *big kiss*
Gratz mate, did you get all kinds of cool metal presents yet? :D

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-27 07:57:38

At 1/27/06 04:09 AM, horsesarelame wrote:
At 1/26/06 11:27 PM, jarrydn wrote: On another note, it's my 19th birthday tomorrow! :D
OMFG
*big hug* *big kiss*
Gratz mate, did you get all kinds of cool metal presents yet? :D

Awwwww, thanks dude :)

Hehehehe, not yet. Have to wait till tomorrow. Though I wouldn't be too disappointed if my present pile was devoid of metal apparel, because I've splurged out on CD's and shirts over the past couple of days :)

I'm sure there'll be a bit of merch in there though ;D

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-27 23:21:06

he who avoids trivium is he who avoids messy pants.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-27 23:27:05

At 1/27/06 11:21 PM, CamillaRhodes wrote: he who avoids trivium is he who avoids messy pants.

I have messy pants
but that's because of hentai, the best Trivium could do to me is make me crap myself with laughter

They're just not my thing you know ;)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-28 03:45:32

nice idea, jarrydn. personally i'm just a lover of all things heavy. plus, some of my guitar playing style pushes nu-metal and metalcore.

40 Below Summer
Evergreen Terrace
Chimaira
Haste The Day
SOAD...although i cant really say i like their latest album.
God Forbid
Damageplan
Bullet For My Valentine
Reveille
The Dillenger Escape Plan
old Mudvayne
Bleeding Through
Deftones
Disturbed's first album
Macabre

|m|

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-28 06:29:07

At 1/28/06 03:45 AM, X_AntiherO_X wrote: SOAD...although i cant really say i like their latest album.

I found their latest album great. There wasn't a single song that I could complain about. There were some songs on Mezmerize, Steal This Album and SOAD album that I didn't like much. Toxicity and Hypnotize, when I first listened to those albums, there wasn't a single song I found a little bad.

old Mudvayne

Well, I've been hearing mudvayne a few times in this club. Looks like I'll have to listen to some of their songs to know what they're like.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-28 23:31:55

Welcome Antihero ;D. Not sure if Macabre counts as metalcore, but hey, it doesn't matter :)

Hahaha, I got some cool shit for my birthday so far. My little sister bought me Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked, and my girlfriend bought me a Death shirt (and an oldschool gameboy...my collection is now almost complete :D). Plus My girlfriend and buddy took me out last night to see some bands and wouldn't let me pay for dinner or booze. I felt so pampered :). I'll see if I can find some pictures of me jumping onstage with Combined Death Toll and milling.

I also got a bunch of money, a hardshell case for one of my guitars, dvd's, game for my DS (tony hawk :D) etc etc. Plussss I think I'm getting my computer upgraded, which means I'll be more inclined to write some dope metalcore riffs and breakdowns ;D

But yeah, cleaned up pretty well for my birthday. And I got to see josh blow 0.244 on a breathaliser. Fun times all around :)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 01:48:50

Happy B'day jarrydn,I know it's a bit late but I've been away.
But on topic I found a good band you might like to check out here with a few others Peoplesound. Maybe you've been there if not go to there Heavy Metal section

This signature makes use of various clichés and/or 'emotional' lyrics/quotes, hopefully it makes me appear deep.

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 03:25:41

Has anyone in here listend to Becoming The Archetype, its reallly good metalcore. It has an "Epic" sound to it.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 09:06:30

Jarrydn, happy 19nth b-day for two-three days a go... Though you had this fight with Ghoul, I still miss you in Hell. Never thought you'd belong better with the core people than there... Whatever.
And to the metalcore people, I dont really like your music but I like the band 'Poison the well' and 'End this day'. Not that I want to join, GODS NO, just you should check them out. Even though metalcore is generally 'eww' to me, if you really like it you should try to expand your knoledge with less mainstream bands. I run back to Hell, if they see me here talking to Jar they will skin me alive. *runs*

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 09:16:27

Are In Flames metalcore? They sound pretty Triviumey.

If they are I should be going to see them in like April (maybe March), with Sepultura as support. Pretty snazzy.

Also I got tickets to see Trivium 10th March :D.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 09:18:20

Thankyou Lykaki, and my birthday was only yesterday, so you're not too late ;D.

The_Ghoul is a douche, it was inevitable that I wouldn't be able to contain my feelings. And I get on better with the core people, just because they don't argue about stupid shit. Plus grind mixed with metalcore is a very beautiful thing ;)

And Poison The Well are a pretty mainstream metalcore band as far as the genre goes. I haven't listened to them in ages though, I was never a big fan to begin with ;D

But yes, you should probabaly run off back to Metal Hell before you lose all your scene points :P:P:P

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 09:22:20

At 1/29/06 09:16 AM, -Nev- wrote: Are In Flames metalcore? They sound pretty Triviumey.

If they are I should be going to see them in like April (maybe March), with Sepultura as support. Pretty snazzy.

Also I got tickets to see Trivium 10th March :D.

In Flames are (or were) melodic death metal. Dunno about now, haven't heard their latest release, but I did hear from a few people that it's more 'core' than their other releases ;D.

Hope you have fun at your gigs ;)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 12:04:46

At 1/29/06 09:16 AM, -Nev- wrote: Are In Flames metalcore? They sound pretty Triviumey.

ROAR!
I'm back from the ban >:C

And yes, new In Flames is very metalcore, old was melodic death.
Click my sig for a review :P (don't bitch, it was written by someone that didn't like it much, hehe)

btw Jarrydn, cool presents, I want that Death shirt >:C

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 12:11:52

At 1/29/06 09:18 AM, jarrydn wrote: Thankyou Lykaki, and my birthday was only yesterday, so you're not too late ;D.

Crap, happy birthday Jarrydn, from me too, sorry for being late :P

The_Ghoul is a douche, it was inevitable that I wouldn't be able to contain my feelings. And I get on better with the core people, just because they don't argue about stupid shit. Plus grind mixed with metalcore is a very beautiful thing ;)

I actually do enjoy some grind mixed with metalcore :D

But yes, you should probabaly run off back to Metal Hell before you lose all your scene points :P:P:P

Aren't you a big generalizing here? :( We're not that bad, and I don't think I'm an elitist

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-29 12:26:49

I forgot to mention. Happy 19th birthday jarrydn!

Also, I've listened to some of Mudvayne's songs from their website and I liked the music that was on the site.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-30 01:15:22

At 1/29/06 12:04 PM, duffeknol wrote: btw Jarrydn, cool presents, I want that Death shirt >:C

Thanks guy ;D. It's the awesome looking 'sound of perserverance' one. It's nice to have another death shirt after my 'scream bloody gore' one mysteriously disappeared from the washing line ;D

At 1/29/06 12:11 PM, Goatchrist wrote: Crap, happy birthday Jarrydn, from me too, sorry for being late :P

No worries dude! Thankyou very much :D

At 1/29/06 12:26 PM, Bahamut7 wrote: I forgot to mention. Happy 19th birthday jarrydn!

Thanks! :D

I actually do enjoy some grind mixed with metalcore :D

In some cases, grind and metalcore are just meant to be together :)

Aren't you a big generalizing here? :( We're not that bad, and I don't think I'm an elitist

I was only joking :P. And no, you're not an elitist. You're the coolest person from metal hell :)

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-30 07:43:42

At 1/30/06 07:32 AM, Wahnsinn wrote: He's the coolest person from metal hell... besides me. Ah yes, and I'm joining. :D

Let's see some bands then TURKEY! ;D

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-30 08:05:34

What do you guys think of Lamb of God?
I love them, especially 'laid to rest' .

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-30 10:07:02

I'm not a fan of LoG...I used to be into them, but the I kind of just stopped listening to them.

In other news, me and a buddy just finished work on a bit of a drum and guitar demo. We're looking into turning this into a studio project spanned out over a year or two.

http://www.savefile...iles.php?fid=4976447

Anyway, he recorded the guitars and I programmed the drums.

Enjoi.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-01-31 06:15:46

At 1/30/06 08:05 AM, Lieven wrote: What do you guys think of Lamb of God?
I love them, especially 'laid to rest' .

They aren't really my thing cause there is just nothing special about them.

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-02-02 04:58:46

At 2/2/06 04:43 AM, Wahnsinn wrote: In? :)

by my powers as a lieutenant:
yes

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-02-03 05:37:24

Did anyone ever here the band nora?

Response to Nu-Metal/Metalcore Crew 2006-02-03 06:21:24

I've heard Norma Jean...but I take it they aren't the same thing?? :~)