00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ZPERKZ just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,993,838 Views | 60,685 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-28 23:48:21

At 2/28/08 11:30 PM, lilhunter03 wrote:
At 2/28/08 11:23 PM, NEVR wrote: Total B/P points acquired today: 169
Weekly: 578 B/P Points (217 blams and 361 saves) since last Saturday (02/23/08). Pace of 115.6 B/P per day.

And also, this just topped off a great 5 days B/P wise:
Damn man how did you get that many points? My whistle jumped up to diety after all those movies were deleted.

nice... I made like 119 Blams today

Weekly: 265 B/P Points (157 blams and 108 saves) since last Saturday (02/23/08). Pace of 53 B/P per day.

&... you will love my Blam graphics (image down)
(because I haven't been too active on the week)

with this I have
Total B/P points: 12000+ 12083 to be exact

The Elite Guard Barracks

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-28 23:58:14

Major NEVR reporting in!

That's right, I've just been promoted, and I'm loving my new badge.

For PossiblePancakes:

Blam/Protect Rank (Must be your actual rank): Major
Newgrounds Alias: NEVR
Short Name: NEVR
Hair Color: Brown

Combat Type: Melee

Armor Type: Heavy

Do you wear a cloak?: Yes
If "Yes", then what color is your cloak?: Midnight Blue

Weapon Type: Dual Wield Maces

:::Salutes:::

Badge cos it's so hot:

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 00:01:35

At 2/28/08 11:58 PM, NEVR wrote: Major NEVR reporting in!

That's right, I've just been promoted, and I'm loving my new badge.

Is the 3rd Time you get promoted sir
& I continue with the same rank...

Badge cos it's so hot:

i'ts hot... but next one is better

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 01:08:39

At 2/28/08 11:08 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 2/28/08 10:58 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: Quick question has anyones blam points went up alot in the last couple of hours.
Yeah, I just noticed that. Actually, check the obituaries... The account sQueef was deleted for being involved in spam reviewing. That total idiot 50vmp reported himself at Rage's, when it's common knowledge that sQueef is also an account of his. I think the deletion of so many spam movies that were 0'd while UJ is the cause of this increase in Blams.

Good riddance, I say. It shows that it may take a while, but eventually spammers and rule-breakers will have to face justice, and I will be their laughing while they're terminated. You should also check out my hilarious response.

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 03:13:55

At 2/28/08 11:08 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 2/28/08 10:58 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: Quick question has anyones blam points went up alot in the last couple of hours.
Yeah, I just noticed that. Actually, check the obituaries... The account sQueef was deleted for being involved in spam reviewing. That total idiot 50vmp reported himself at Rage's, when it's common knowledge that sQueef is also an account of his. I think the deletion of so many spam movies that were 0'd while UJ is the cause of this increase in Blams.

Ah, that explains it- I was wondering how, when I woke up this morning, I had 60 or so more blams than when I went to sleep... I can't remember this happening before when a user was deleted though- were all his submissions flagged?

Not that I am complaining!

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 03:15:21

At 2/29/08 01:08 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Good riddance, I say. It shows that it may take a while, but eventually spammers and rule-breakers will have to face justice, and I will be their laughing while they're terminated. You should also check out my hilarious response.

I'm loving Wade's talk of Portal mods in the future. About damn time. Just having someone check flagged flashes will make things a lot smoother.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 04:27:59

At 2/28/08 10:09 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Just a quick memo, if you haven't filled out a character sheet for the upcoming EGB Flash cartoon, please due. I will be cutting off all character applications tomorrow at 11:59 PM CST. Please fill it out, as I want to have as many of the EGB members as possible in it.

Blam/Protect Rank (Must be your actual rank): Major
Newgrounds Alias: Joshiwa
Short Name: Josh
Hair Color: Dirty Blonde
Combat Type: Melee
Armor Type: Leather
Do you wear a cloak?: Yes/ color is your cloak? Black
Weapon Type: Dual Wield Sword and Dagger

-----------------------------------

Well looks like this week will be my best week yet for B/Ping for a regular week. Moving ever so closer to Colonel.

*Salutes*

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 05:54:23

I just found out that my voting power has now reached a mighty 11.00! :-D

I vow to continue to use it for good, not for evil.

Also, this flash contains the N-word. Whistle away.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 07:15:49

At 2/29/08 05:59 AM, TheNossinator wrote:
At 2/29/08 05:54 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Also, this flash contains the N-word. Whistle away.

Whistled, thanks for the heads up.

Thanks i cant believe they submit rubbish by the way, whats happened to Absent he not a mod anymore?.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 10:13:10

At 2/29/08 07:15 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: by the way, whats happened to Absent he not a mod anymore?.

He's still a mod for the time being, but it would appear that he's left Newgrounds. It sucks because he was a great mod and a really nice and helpful guy, but I think he was just too concerned about the amount of time he's been spending here of late.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 12:29:12

At 2/29/08 10:13 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/29/08 07:15 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: by the way, whats happened to Absent he not a mod anymore?.
He's still a mod for the time being, but it would appear that he's left Newgrounds. It sucks because he was a great mod and a really nice and helpful guy, but I think he was just too concerned about the amount of time he's been spending here of late.

I hope he comes back. Very few users were as knowledgeable and helpful as him. :-(

Anyway, on happier news, it's the end of the month! It's time for the February State of the Portal project!

Any EGB'er can participate. This is just a prototype run, so the exact procedure hasn't been set yet. What should be included for sure is your general view of February's portal activity---fast, slow, spammier than usual, etc---and areas to watch out for. For example, if any new rulebreakers or particularly nasty spammers have shown up, bring it up. This project can be just as much about consolidating intel as dicking around.

I also included a couple of my favorite flashes from February, and next time I'll add some more new audio.

Take a look, post anything you want---don't be shy about it!

Besides, I will pester the crap out of y'all if I don't get some input, lol.

*salute*

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 12:35:53

Also, this is just what I needed to give me a pick-me-up. :-D

It had been quite a while...

The Elite Guard Barracks

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 12:49:44

At 2/28/08 07:43 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Before, when I had dial-up, I used to do this: if I wanted to watch a movie that had a longer than usuall filesize (about 3mb, hehe =P), I let it download while doing other things, such as having dinner.

Thanks for the tip Sir-Nuts. And i used that tip to watch Metal Gear Awesome this morning. And is it hilarious after i saw it the first time i watched it like 2 more times because it was so funny.

At 2/28/08 10:09 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Stuff

Well i finished the form and here it is:

Blam/Protect Rank : Private
Newgrounds Alias:I-Love-Caitlyn
Short Name : ILC
Hair Color:Brown
Combat Type:Ranged
Armor Type:Heavy

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 13:00:49

At 2/29/08 12:29 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Take a look, post anything you want---don't be shy about it!

Besides, I will pester the crap out of y'all if I don't get some input, lol.

*salute*

Well i just added my two cents, I hope it was helpful somewhat, tho I am still trying to figure out how to use the entire EGB site :P

*Salutes*

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 13:12:25

At 2/29/08 12:35 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Also, this is just what I needed to give me a pick-me-up. :-D

It had been quite a while...

Yeah, I love getting that. Too bad it's not accompanied by the old Flash, though.

I also added to the EGB post for the February SotP.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 14:10:37

Stolen flash alert!

Happy Pill - Stolen

Happy Pill - Original

Flag it, quick!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 14:18:29

Sorry for the double-post, but the same user stole another flash!

Warthog Launch - Stolen

Warthog Launch - Original

Flag it again! I've already reported both of them in the abusive stuff thread.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 14:22:51

I've seen a couple of you guys saying "Whistled and to top it off I 0'd it". And when you flag something it says "You should still vote on this, based on it's quality. And if it turns out it's appropiate for the site, your vote will be counted."
Keep that in mind guys rather than just zeroing it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 16:13:55

Is this one ok he said. One submissson flagged but says he got premisson to post thishttp://www.newgrounds.com/portal/vie w/427770 here the orginal http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copt er.swf so is this stolen

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 16:30:12

It's been flagged for adminastrive reveiw so we'll have to see. If they don't have a username that suggests they the person who made game on the website then flag 'em.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 16:52:13

If know a flash that contains nude scene
Waterlollies. by Sidorio
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/40 6813

but... you can only watch it if you made a 'right click' on the flash & click on "play" (I'm not sure if it's 'play'... because I see that word in Spanish "Reproducir", so I don't know about the English version)
& it just last for a moment... maybe less than a second... is a naked guy showing his... damn... it wasn't funny at all

but this Flash passes so much time ago
so... what I should do about it?...

(btw... you can include to the broken Rules that the Author copy the name & icon of a good Flash Series to get a high score)

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 16:54:59

At 2/28/08 03:53 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well yeah that would be a wise idea. But i think most of the people around here use it except for me.

That's the EGB, but that doesn't tell me anything about the rest of NG... =P

Cause i dont know what it is but my computer wont let me install it. So i have to go about getting my b/p points the old fashioned way.

Maybe I can help you if you provide some details?

And also congrats and salute to NEVR for reaching the Major rank!

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 18:01:30

At 2/29/08 04:54 PM, Casualty wrote: Maybe I can help you if you provide some details?

Alrighty then. Well i tried to install it the other day and it got about 50 or so percent done and then it said it had a corrupted file in the download.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 18:40:31

At 2/29/08 06:01 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Alrighty then. Well i tried to install it the other day and it got about 50 or so percent done and then it said it had a corrupted file in the download.

I suppose you re-downloaded it and retried?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 18:41:58

At 2/29/08 04:54 PM, Casualty wrote: And also congrats and salute to NEVR for reaching the Major rank!

Thanks Casualty!

:::Salutes:::

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 20:17:38

At 2/29/08 06:40 PM, Casualty wrote: I suppose you re-downloaded it and retried?

Yeah i did. And the 3rd time i tried it went without a problem so now i have it on my computer and it is helping me get alot of b/p points already. So thanks Casualty for your help and for creating Portal Guard.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 20:46:33

At 2/29/08 02:22 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: I've seen a couple of you guys saying "Whistled and to top it off I 0'd it". And when you flag something it says "You should still vote on this, based on it's quality. And if it turns out it's appropiate for the site, your vote will be counted."
Keep that in mind guys rather than just zeroing it.

Well, if it's known to be stolen, then way let it pass? Not enough people might flag it, and give it 2 or higher.

Plus, some one will tell Wade or Tom about it, and take it off anyway.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 21:25:33

At 2/29/08 08:46 PM, TheThing wrote: Well, if it's known to be stolen, then way let it pass? Not enough people might flag it, and give it 2 or higher.

You can't be absolutely, 100% any Flash is stolen unless the submitter actually comments "I stole this Flash." If it somehow turns out that the actual creator submitted it,and everyone votes on the quality of the submission regardless of whether they think the Flash is stolen or not, then if it is found to not be stolen it will have the rating it would have had before people thought it was stolen. I also believe that if you flag a submission and it gets blammed, then you get the Blam point anyway.

Also, anyone who hasn't submitted their character form yet has about 3 hours and 30 minutes to do so. The form is on the page before this one.

Also, I posted in the whole State of the Portal thing. =)

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 21:32:14

At 2/29/08 09:25 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
At 2/29/08 08:46 PM, TheThing wrote: Well, if it's known to be stolen, then way let it pass? Not enough people might flag it, and give it 2 or higher.
You can't be absolutely, 100% any Flash is stolen

True, but being 99% sure is good enough for me. And sometimes, I do give it a 2 or whatever it deserves, because I'm 50% or less sure that it's stolen.

Also, anyone who hasn't submitted their character form yet has about 3 hours and 30 minutes to do so. The form is on the page before this one.

I just want to make sure that you got mine. You didn't respond to my PM, and my computer is acting a little funny with sending and receiving stuff, so I just want to make sure that it sent.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 21:34:14

At 2/29/08 09:25 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Also, anyone who hasn't submitted their character form yet has about 3 hours and 30 minutes to do so. The form is on the page before this one.

Well it's a good thing i got my form for that done earlier today. So how is everybody doing around here? Me just trying to get a decent amount of b/p points.

BBS Signature