00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,968,910 Views | 60,513 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 21:35:11

At 2/28/08 10:09 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Just a quick memo, if you haven't filled out a character sheet for the upcoming EGB Flash cartoon, please due.

Alright then, lets do it.

Blam/Protect Rank:
Staff Sergeant

Newgrounds Alias:
Sir-Nuts

Short Name:
Nuts

Hair Color:
Light Brown (is this a colour?)

Combat Type:
Ranged

Armor Type:
Leather

Do you wear a cloak?:
Yes, a red cloak.

Weapon Type:
Bow (2H)

Any additional information:
None

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 21:51:52

At 2/29/08 09:32 PM, TheThing wrote: I just want to make sure that you got mine. You didn't respond to my PM, and my computer is acting a little funny with sending and receiving stuff, so I just want to make sure that it sent.

Yeah, I got it. Rest assured you will be in the Flash cartoon. =)

At 2/29/08 09:34 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well it's a good thing i got my form for that done earlier today. So how is everybody doing around here? Me just trying to get a decent amount of b/p points.

Yeah, I already got your character made. He looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I'm doing just fine, B/Ping on the side.

At 2/29/08 09:35 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Alright then, lets do it.

I got you entered in and I will start on your character now. =)

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 21:59:55

At 2/29/08 09:34 PM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Well it's a good thing i got my form for that done earlier today. So how is everybody doing around here? Me just trying to get a decent amount of b/p points.

not just you... I spend all the afternoon on Ng...
& I think I didn't get enough point today

At 2/29/08 09:35 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 2/28/08 10:09 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Just a quick memo, if you haven't filled out a character sheet for the upcoming EGB Flash cartoon, please due.
Alright then, lets do it.

Newgrounds Alias:
Sir-Nuts

haha... I remember he said... "Please PM me the information; as I'm sure Eagle and Slash don't want a thousand posts that are completely off-topic." XD

so... btw... PossiblePancakes... when are you planing to upload that AMAZING flash?

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 22:10:44

At 2/29/08 09:51 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Yeah, I already got your character made. He looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I'm doing just fine, B/Ping on the side.

That's awesome i cant wait to see how it all turns out. Well anyway i am back to the portal it seems cause i am despritly trying to get to that next rank.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 22:13:41

At 2/29/08 09:51 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Yeah, I already got your character made. He looks pretty good if I do say so myself. I'm doing just fine, B/Ping on the side.

That's awesome i cant wait to see how it all turns out. Well anyway i am back to the portal it seems cause i am despritly trying to get to that next rank.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 23:01:46

Guys, we have a stolen submission!
Stolen: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 7834
Original: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/19 369
A friend told me on AIM, and he is taking it to Rage's... So get it before they do!

By the way, Wade just got back his whistle tools last night, courtesy of Ross... So now you'll get whistle points much faster from flagged movies! Still, as always I recommend checking Rage's at least once every day if you're looking to polish the whistle.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 23:20:04

Sorry to double post, but... This one just smells like a password phishing scheme!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 7837
Tells you to input your username and password. Malicious, anyone?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-29 23:23:22

At 2/29/08 11:20 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: Tells you to input your username and password. Malicious, anyone?

Yeah, obvious scam. The guy doesn't even have a separate textbox for the username and password, it just says 'put a few spaces between your username and password'. Idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 00:07:31

At 2/29/08 09:59 PM, aldlv wrote: so... btw... PossiblePancakes... when are you planing to upload that AMAZING flash?

Hopefully soon. I have all of the character models done, so it is just a matter of staying on task while developing it. Write now I'm writing the script. So far it is 4 pages long with the dialogue at around 9pt font. It is kind of an experiment with the style of the Flash, but I'm trying to make the story killer.

To answer your original question more in-depth, it could be out anywhere from one day to a month depending on how long it takes to actually animate it.

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 01:25:50

Sorry for the double post, but you can now view your character models for the upcoming EGB Flash on the Elite Guard Barracks forums. It is in the Barracks Business board.

Goodnight, my fellow Barracks members!

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 01:33:39

At 3/1/08 01:25 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Sorry for the double post, but you can now view your character models for the upcoming EGB Flash on the Elite Guard Barracks forums. It is in the Barracks Business board.

Yeah, I checked it out, and left a reply in the EGB forums. Glad to see you got my character done - I wasn't sure if you'd seen my details posted in here or not.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing the final version, and I'm rather excited to be appearing in a flash submission :D

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 01:37:58

At 2/29/08 04:52 PM, aldlv wrote: but this Flash passes so much time ago
so... what I should do about it?...

I doubt Wade would care at this point. It's broken, anyway.

(btw... you can include to the broken Rules that the Author copy the name & icon of a good Flash Series to get a high score)

I would not whistle for that unless Tom or Wade comes out and explicitly states to.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 10:24:38

Hey everybody! Well i just got done looking at my character model as well as everybody elses. And they look awesome, I cant wait to see the flash movie.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 10:41:49

At 3/1/08 10:24 AM, I-Love-Caitlyn wrote: Hey everybody! Well i just got done looking at my character model as well as everybody elses. And they look awesome, I cant wait to see the flash movie.

I say the same... I can't wait
my character is so cool...

I have no hair... I love that XD

btw...
I was checking the EGB members... & I realize...
Hemlok haven't post here in a lot of time... does anybody know something?
his last post on the EGB was on 11/15/07
& his last post on NG was on 11/16/07

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 12:16:57

Is this flash crashing anyone else's browser?

Other flashes work fine for me, but not this one...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 12:22:47

At 3/1/08 12:16 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Is this flash crashing anyone else's browser?

its working fine for me.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 12:28:17

At 3/1/08 12:22 PM, lilhunter03 wrote:
At 3/1/08 12:16 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Is this flash crashing anyone else's browser?
its working fine for me.

Hm, that's odd. Ah, well, it looks like he deleted it himself for some reason or another.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 14:43:10

Thanks, no problem and you're welcome to NEVR and I-Love-Caitlyn.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 17:35:17

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 7971 I blammed a crappy submission and one which, i sure i blammed the otherday.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 18:38:22

Captain captain-knucklehead reporting in sir!!!!
i wish to join the elite guard barracks, i believe my talents will help your squad, Sir

Sorry to be a pain sir but what are my duties exactly sir

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 18:48:04

At 3/1/08 06:38 PM, Captain-KnuckleHead wrote: Captain captain-knucklehead reporting in sir!!!!
i wish to join the elite guard barracks, i believe my talents will help your squad, Sir

Sorry civilian you must be a private (2,500 B/P) to join.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 18:51:34

At 3/1/08 06:38 PM, Captain-KnuckleHead wrote: Captain captain-knucklehead reporting in sir!!!!

Sorry, but 'Elite Guard' starts at the rank of Private. I know this is confusing for newer members who weren't here before the redesign (when the rank of Private and above were actually prefixed with 'Elite Guard'), but you're more than welcome to apply to the EGB when you attain the 2,500 B/P prerequisite.
I would suggest going to the Newgrounds Police Headquarters when you reach the rank of Security Guard (400 B/P) but they are getting ready to get a new thread so when that happens ask for admittance. The NGPD operates in much the same way as we do, and many of its members 'graduate' to the EGB when then acquire enough points.

Dancing Pineapple Guy!

128th EGSC. I popped NEVR's BBS ban cherry.

Also cocks.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 18:52:38

At 3/1/08 06:48 PM, lilhunter03 wrote:

Sorry civilian you must be a private (2,500 B/P) to join.

2,500 blam and protects ??

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 19:15:36

At 3/1/08 06:52 PM, Captain-KnuckleHead wrote:
At 3/1/08 06:48 PM, lilhunter03 wrote: Sorry civilian you must be a private (2,500 B/P) to join.
2,500 blam and protects ??

Yep. It's not as hard as it sounds if you find time to B/P a few times each day.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 21:43:32

At 3/1/08 01:25 AM, PossiblePancakes wrote: Sorry for the double post, but you can now view your character models for the upcoming EGB Flash on the Elite Guard Barracks forums. It is in the Barracks Business board.

Looks great. I was going to ask that you remove that sword and shield from my character, but it seems to be part of the uniform. You might even be able to get away with it, too, since I'm the loner of the group. And is it just me, or does NEVR look gay? But other than that, it looks great.

*Salutes*

*Salutes* and I salute to you for doing such a good job on the characters.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 22:07:02

Cool, man! I like it.

I even almost like the fact my guy looks like he's dancing...

Oh, and where do these character models come from? WoW, right?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 22:15:56

At 3/1/08 10:07 PM, RSQViper wrote: Oh, and where do these character models come from? WoW, right?

Indeed, Sir. With the model viewer I use I can do just about anything.

As for right now, the Portal seems pretty active. I've noticed a lot more crap being submitted today than usual. I've also noticed a newer group that is into spamming, The Lucky Stars or [L*]. I'm sure you all have been aware of them for a while now, but today was the first day I saw them.

Anyway, so far today I have written more of the script for the upcoming Flash cartoon, and I'm also starting to plot out designs for a custom EGB website. I've had HTML down for a long time now, and I know the basics of CSS and PHP, so I'm working to expand on my CSS and PHP knowledge. I have so many things I want to do for the Barracks, so hopefully they all get done. Although, I want all of you guys' input on the color scheme of the site.

What color scheme do you think an EGB website should have?

I've been thinking a Blue/Silver scheme, but I don't know if those colors would fit the actual imagery of the EGB well or not.

*Salutes*

Fudge dapping.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 22:50:10

At 3/1/08 10:15 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: As for right now, the Portal seems pretty active. I've noticed a lot more crap being submitted today than usual. I've also noticed a newer group that is into spamming, The Lucky Stars or [L*]. I'm sure you all have been aware of them for a while now, but today was the first day I saw them.

L*, huh? Yeah, I've been aware of their existence since New Year's. Actually, they're a bunch of people who failed to get into the Kitty Krew, if what Inferno told me on AIM is the truth. They banded together in their mutual rejection, and formed some silly joke group. Actually, mass-flagging their legitimate (yet still spammy) movies is one of the reasons sQueef was deleted.

I will admit to half-liking them, at least in comparison to a lot of the other spam in the Portal. But maybe that's due to the fact that I was once a bit of an anime fan, and kind of miss the presence of Japanese animation in my life... Not a weeaboo though, just a former anime fan who wishes he had the time to get back into it.

*Salutes*

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 23:47:36

At 3/1/08 10:15 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote: I've also noticed a newer group that is into spamming, The Lucky Stars or [L*]. I'm sure you all have been aware of them for a while now, but today was the first day I saw them.

Never heard of them. But we certainly don't need another spam group. I suggest everyone keep their eyes peeled for any of them doing illegal activities such as file swaps, malicious Flash or alt accounts so they can be stamped out right away.

I've been thinking a Blue/Silver scheme, but I don't know if those colors would fit the actual imagery of the EGB well or not.

Well, looking at the actual ranks of high ranks, I think a gold/white combo could look sexy. Or a gold/red/white combo, just like the badges themselves.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-03-01 23:54:42

At 3/1/08 10:15 PM, PossiblePancakes wrote:
As for right now, the Portal seems pretty active. I've noticed a lot more crap being submitted today than usual.

I agree, today has been a quite active day for the at the Portal. And with some crappy entries, some of them passing, but most of them being Blammed. Well, it's the weekend, the Portal gets more active than the afternoons I spend here during the week days.

I've also noticed a newer group that is into spamming, The Lucky Stars or [L*]. I'm sure you all have been aware of them for a while now, but today was the first day I saw them.

I saw some of their flashes, and they're the "less-worse" group that I've seen lately. Some of their flashes have some quality to pass without the help of all the members of the group. Speaking of which, how many members does that crew have? I only know four of them so far...

Anyway, so far today I have written more of the script for the upcoming Flash cartoon, and I'm also starting to plot out designs for a custom EGB website.

Sounds great. Do you risk any predictions when the flash will come out? Also, make a thread on the EGB forums to see our opinions and ideas for the site!

I'd say a golden site would look great, with the Supreme Comander icons on the top corners. Maybye with some red details... I don't know. I'd have to think for a little while to give my final opinion.

Blue and silver isn't a bad idea. But why blue? I think nowhere in Newgrounds we have the blue colour, only in the "crying" emoticon.
-----------
So I logged my stats on NGLog today and I got surprised with the amount of Blams I got.

*Salutes*Here's my page there (I hope so =P). I got 108 more blams than saves, mostly because of yesterday's deletions. Beautiful.

And from now on, I'll only log my stats when I level up in B/P, to see how well I did between each badge. Smarter than before, when I used to log them in pointless situations.

*Salutes*

*Salutes*