00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,990,076 Views | 60,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 19:17:58

At 2/14/08 08:20 AM, NEVR wrote: It's such an ambiguous rank - I'd really like to find out what the thinking was behind its inclusion to the B/P ranks.

I read in this thread (Wade's post) that Tom didn't like the sound of "Warrant Officer", so he decided to replace it with a similar rank from the Russian army that sounded cooler.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 20:04:08

why should we care about valentine day anyway?

isn't it just another random commercial holiday?
anyway, have fun kids

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 20:27:20

Valentine's Day hasn't really ever been special for me. I wish my friends happy Valentine's, but that's about it. Hell, the only reason I'm writing a Valentine's special fanfiction is so my readers don't lynch me.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that there have been a LOT of school shootings in the past week, and damn near zero media coverage about it? What the fuck is up with that? It hasn't been one or two, it's been like half a dozen.

And yet, I still manage to get BREAKING NEWS e-mails about Britney Spears.

Goodie.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 20:38:51

At 2/14/08 08:27 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Valentine's Day hasn't really ever been special for me. I wish my friends happy Valentine's, but that's about it. Hell, the only reason I'm writing a Valentine's special fanfiction is so my readers don't lynch me.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that there have been a LOT of school shootings in the past week, and damn near zero media coverage about it? What the fuck is up with that? It hasn't been one or two, it's been like half a dozen.

Goodie.

I call conspiracy! Too little security at our schools, the politicians are total do-nothings, the corporations are in control, the economy is in shambles... And all this time, the corporate media is focusing on BS, moving the public's mind away from real issues and towards some dumb celeb. That's taking advantage of an evolutionary instinct, for the purpose of continuing wealth and power, because if the public had any idea what was really going on, there'd be some changes coming. Not a revolution, but reforms to put the power back in the hands of the people.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 22:06:48

My God! I haven't been home in over 13 hours! Let's see what we got here...

Oh! Before I forget does anyone what to deposit for me from the 19-24? I might be able to squeeze in a deposit on the 19th and 24th, and I also would like to have them vote on 2-5 UJ submissions, so I can keep getting some points.

At 2/14/08 08:27 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Valentine's Day hasn't really ever been special for me.

Meh, me either. I mean, I haven't ever really had anyone special to share it with, so it hasn't ever really held any importance in my life.

Incidentally, has anyone noticed that there have been a LOT of school shootings in the past week, and damn near zero media coverage about it?

If the news didn't cover it, it didn't happen.

But its because this week is supposed to be all about love (and depression, hence school shootings), and the news doesn't want to bring a lot of sad news to its viewers.

Because she's more important than whoever lost their lives in those shootings, duh.

Not to be an insensitive prick or anything.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 22:15:27

At 2/14/08 10:06 PM, TheThing wrote:
Oh! Before I forget does anyone what to deposit for me from the 19-24? I might be able to squeeze in a deposit on the 19th and 24th, and I also would like to have them vote on 2-5 UJ submissions, so I can keep getting some points.

If you really need someone I guess I could deposit for you.

god wants me dead Madness Combat Crew

Elite Guard Barracks

"It was good" - Honors American Literature

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 22:16:15

My friends xbox sounds like they're bouncing bolts on a subwoofer inside their xbox.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 22:17:44

At 2/14/08 10:16 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: My friends xbox sounds like they're bouncing bolts on a subwoofer inside their xbox.

Please ignore this. D: Wrong thread D:

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-14 22:21:00

At 2/14/08 10:06 PM, TheThing wrote: My God! I haven't been home in over 13 hours! Let's see what we got here...

Hmm. You're going away? Where to? Well, if nobody else wants the job, I'd be willing to do it... I mean, just vote on those five or so UJ submissions per day for you, then get back to my own account.

At 2/14/08 08:27 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Valentine's Day hasn't really ever been special for me.
Meh, me either. I mean, I haven't ever really had anyone special to share it with, so it hasn't ever really held any importance in my life.

Agreed... I just can't seem to get chicks to like me. The only chick I have is Palmela Handerson.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 05:27:48

At 2/14/08 07:17 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote: I read in this thread (Wade's post) that Tom didn't like the sound of "Warrant Officer", so he decided to replace it with a similar rank from the Russian army that sounded cooler.

Interesting. 'Warrant Officer' is the British Army version of a Sergeant Major, which is a senior NCO rank, not a commissioned rank.

In the US, a 'Warrant Officer' is ranked above all enlisted and NCO ranks, and Officer cadets, but below any commissioned Officers, like Second Lieutenants.

In that respect, I imagine Warrant Officer is an even more ambiguous rank than Praporshchik, due to it being an Officer rank in the US, and an NCO rank in the UK.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 06:17:32

Hello sir reported flash under judgement do you think, this needs blowing the whistle on its looks like an advert http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 5276.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 12:11:26

At 2/14/08 08:27 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Valentine's Day hasn't really ever been special for me. I wish my friends happy Valentine's, but that's about it. Hell, the only reason I'm writing a Valentine's special fanfiction is so my readers don't lynch me.

I haven't wished anyone a happy Valentine's since it isn't Valentine's day here. Actually, I don't even know when it is here, it isn't a steady day. Just like carnival, it variates from year to year, it's confusing.

I know, there was even one yesterday. It's probably because of Valentine's day, where some depressive/crazy/maniac singles get mad and start shooting everything with a heartbeat.

The media here gave some side-coverage. It didn't gave breaking news, but they mentioned it on the news.

I don't get e-mails, but some news sites here give more attention to her than to real important things, like the robbery of secret informations from Petrobras.

At 2/14/08 10:06 PM, TheThing wrote: My God! I haven't been home in over 13 hours!

Valentine's?

If NEVR, lilhunter03 nor SoulMaster71 get the "job", I can do that for you.

At 2/15/08 06:17 AM, phantomlassuk wrote: Hello sir reported flash under judgement do you think, this needs blowing the whistle on its looks like an advert.

It got blammed. Well, in the description the submitter said it wasn't neither a movie nor a game. So what the hell was it?

Now I'm going to write some reviews for the Review Request Club and maybye catch some B/P. But the Flash Portal is still slow, although yesterday it was preety active.

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 15:11:57

I've done all I can to blam Fleek's flash, it won't be enough unfortunately but I'll continue to vote 0 no matter what even if it cost me a point.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 19:55:14

At 2/15/08 03:11 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I've done all I can to blam Fleek's flash, it won't be enough unfortunately but I'll continue to vote 0 no matter what even if it cost me a point.

We're all doing what we can to stop Fleek, Commander. Not just the EGB, but everyone who wants to see the Portal protected rather than filled with shit. The problem is guys like, well, like yoshi77777 keep seeing his crap as free save points. All we need to do, is keep Fleek and his alts and friends from passing anything for a month or two. Past that, I think, the protect-whores will catch on to it no longer being free saves, and vote to Blam instead of protect.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 20:41:02

I know it's a little bit unrelated... and kind of out of theme... but...
have you seen this? Sugar, Spice and...

I really love it... XD

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 20:42:38

At 2/15/08 08:41 PM, aldlv wrote: I know it's a little bit unrelated... and kind of out of theme... but...
I really love it... XD

Yea it was pretty good. In other news I now have over 3000 blams.

Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 20:44:35

At 2/15/08 08:42 PM, lilhunter03 wrote:
At 2/15/08 08:41 PM, aldlv wrote: I know it's a little bit unrelated... and kind of out of theme... but...
I really love it... XD

Well, then, congratulations!

And yes, I saw that "Sugar, Spice and..." while it was Under Judgment. I don't fifen often, especially when pulling Portal Protection duty, but in this case I voted 5.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 20:47:51

I remember an era where 'free blams' were more common than 'free protects'. They were still spam, but at least they were spam that disappeared after judgment. This "free protect" bullshit isn't just spam, it's spam that makes Newgrounds look shitty ever after.

Bleh.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 20:59:49

At 2/15/08 08:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I remember an era where 'free blams' were more common than 'free protects'. They were still spam, but at least they were spam that disappeared after judgment. This "free protect" bullshit isn't just spam, it's spam that makes Newgrounds look shitty ever after.

Bleh.

It would be nice to actually be able to get blam points off of the spam instead of zeroing it and it still be able to get a score over 2.

Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 21:23:13

At 2/15/08 08:44 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At 2/15/08 08:42 PM, lilhunter03 wrote:
I really love it... XD

I saw it too, and I really liked it. It deserves a daily award, and maybye a front-page spot.

Congratulations! I'm almost 900 Blams away from it... It'll take me some time, but I'll get there.

And yes, I saw that "Sugar, Spice and..." while it was Under Judgment. I don't fifen often, especially when pulling Portal Protection duty, but in this case I voted 5.

I was one of the first to watch it, if I can remember. I voted it a four, because it was a little short, in my opinion.

At 2/15/08 08:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I remember an era where 'free blams' were more common than 'free protects'. They were still spam, but at least they were spam that disappeared after judgment. This "free protect" bullshit isn't just spam, it's spam that makes Newgrounds look shitty ever after.

Bleh.

Free Blams... I can imagine how would that be...

But, I'm angry and at the same time worried.

Newgrounds has reached a point where the most stupid, idiotic, pointless flash passes with a 2+ score.

I'm getting very mad with the Lucky Morons Crew (formely knows as L7C). My opinion on them: KK of the future.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 21:36:03

At 2/15/08 09:23 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Newgrounds has reached a point where the most stupid, idiotic, pointless flash passes with a 2+ score.

this is a new level...
I mean... NOW... WE really need to care
we really need a change on NG... to STOP THIS!!!

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 21:36:19

At 2/15/08 09:23 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Newgrounds has reached a point where the most stupid, idiotic, pointless flash passes with a 2+ score.

I've seen worse pass, but yeah, that did not deserve to pass. Didn't deserve anything less than a zero. I left a non-abusive review to that effect.

I'm getting very mad with the Lucky Morons Crew (formely knows as L7C). My opinion on them: KK of the future.

The Kitty Krew is, at least, funny or creative on occasion. I've yet to see anything good from the L7C. Is there anything even half-decent that they've put out?

I mean, even the Barney Bunch put out a few gems in their time...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 21:37:26

At least that shit isn't a freaking 10MB blank screen. He's been posting at WTF Kitty Krew in Wi/Ht these last two days, and last night he said something about a 10MB blank screen... I bet he was thinking of it then.

Try "KK Front Group", and you'll hit nearer the mark. Most of the Kitties got too lazy to submit, so BFK invaded a newly-forming group and basically made them a puppet of his own crew. And as long as yoshi77777 gets the free +1 Flash Counts, he's happy. There's statwhores and statwhores, as I say, and yoshi77777 is most definitely the second type: doesn't give a damn about anything on Newgrounds except numbers. And most of his group, hell, most 07 users other than me and some others, are the same way.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 21:40:39

Say Hello To Your New Sgt. Major!

The long awaited "Former Former Badge" is back on my profile!

I've waiting for this badge ever since i got demoted to Sgt. First Class because of the re-design.

I've got it back and I'm really happy!

1 step closer to my "former badge" now!

Ok Ok...., I've bragged enough about it....

FORMER BADGE, HERE I COME!
Also, say hello to my new badge!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 21:49:36

At 2/15/08 09:40 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Say Hello To Your New Sgt. Major!

Nice new badge Sgt. Major.

Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 22:00:10

Slash shall blow off steam by posting a link.

YOU WILL CLICK THIS LINK. YOU WILL POST LINKS TO GOOD AUDIO FOR OTHERS TO LISTEN TO AND/OR REVIEW

I'll personally review any audio posted there, EGB-member produced or not.

Good stat-whores should have high stats in everything, after all.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 22:04:07

Oh, for the love of...
Look who's making Acronym Flash knockoffs now, it's our old friend MilfredMousZX!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/42 5379
Knocking off Afro_Stud and impersonating BigFuzzyKitten!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 22:24:09

At 2/15/08 09:36 PM, aldlv wrote:
this is a new level...
I mean... NOW... WE really need to care
we really need a change on NG... to STOP THIS!!!

I imagine myself as a new user who just came to the Flash Portal and the first movie I see is that. I wouldn't visit Newgrounds anymore. That's why I'm against them, they could stop some people from going here.

At 2/15/08 09:36 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
I've seen worse pass, but yeah, that did not deserve to pass. Didn't deserve anything less than a zero. I left a non-abusive review to that effect.

I saw your review. How could you write so much, give some advice for that Flash? I mean, that Flash?

The Kitty Krew is, at least, funny or creative on occasion. I've yet to see anything good from the L7C. Is there anything even half-decent that they've put out?

Some of the KK Flashes were even "passable". But I haven't seen anything quality-worth from the L7C.

At 2/15/08 09:37 PM, SoulMaster71 wrote:
At least that shit isn't a freaking 10MB blank screen. He's been posting at WTF Kitty Krew in Wi/Ht these last two days, and last night he said something about a 10MB blank screen... I bet he was thinking of it then.

I saw that 10MB blank screen, although I don't think it's blank. The filesize is very big and I don't think there is a pre-loader, so there'll be a white screen for about 10 minutes.

Try "KK Front Group", and you'll hit nearer the mark. Most of the Kitties got too lazy to submit, so BFK invaded a newly-forming group and basically made them a puppet of his own crew. And as long as yoshi77777 gets the free +1 Flash Counts, he's happy. There's statwhores and statwhores, as I say, and yoshi77777 is most definitely the second type: doesn't give a damn about anything on Newgrounds except numbers. And most of his group, hell, most 07 users other than me and some others, are the same way.

The KK splited, I think. Before there were about 5 KK submissions a day. Today, that's weekly. Now every "spammer" co-authors with other spammers, so it's like a huge crew (although I've never seen Fleek being co-authored wiht BFK).

And I don't get why yoshi77's wants to have so many Flashes here. I couldn't find a single worth-watching Flash of his, and that will make him unpopular. However, there are lots of "save-whores" that blindly vote 5 on everything by someone with more than 50 submissions. They probably think like this: "if this guy has lots of submissions, then he must be a good artist".

His crew is quite big and some have a strong voting power. However, we are stronger.
-----------
On another note, Milfred is in the bandwagon. Now there are... six of them?

* Salutes, but still mad *

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 22:34:57

At 2/15/08 10:24 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:

:: And I don't get why yoshi77's wants to have so many Flashes here. I couldn't find a single worth-watching Flash of his, and that will make him unpopular. However, there are lots of "save-whores" that blindly vote 5 on everything by someone with more than 50 submissions. They probably think like this: "if this guy has lots of submissions, then he must be a good artist".
He just wants to have alot of flashes not really caring about quality. It amazing how people vote five on things just because that author has a few flashes.

* Salutes, but still mad *

* Salutes *

Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-15 22:43:37

The multiple-flash trick is one of the oldest...and most successful.

Even for people who don't use it intentionally, it makes a difference. Back when I made flash, lots of my later stuff passed with much higher scores than I expected. I'd like to say that my flashes had more effort in them than L7C stuff---and they did---but still, the fact that any of my solo flashes passed with over a 3.00 astonishes me.

I'm in favor of hiding a flash artist's submission count during judgment---at least from the flash screen, maybe even on their profile while they have something UJ. It does influence people, and while more active users will recognize the authors, it'll have some effect on the people who visit the Portal more infrequently.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature