00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,989,153 Views | 60,654 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 16:45:33

At 2/1/08 06:27 AM, Phantom wrote: Yo, I'm alive, party's over. I require two things, first the basic EGB news of what happened this past month, and two, a link to our forums which was lost as my pc died along with me. Although I died for mere seconds, he died for longer, he has my respect for living again. now,

It's to see your back!

In other news.... It's snowing a lot where i live :(

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 17:34:00

I am working on a clan, so if any of you guys are interrested, just click the link in my signature.

:)

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 18:50:37

At 2/1/08 09:54 AM, Phantom wrote: Pills and beer were a worthy match, but my body proved stronger rival. Now what the fuck collapsed in since I was gone, so little pages in over a month, who under-posted (beside myself) who needs an ass whoopin'...

Kiyaaaaaaaa

PILLS AND BEER NEVER STOOD A CHANCE.

Everyone indeed needs to start posting more. We need to whip this place into shape.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 18:55:49

At 2/1/08 06:50 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Everyone indeed needs to start posting more. We need to whip this place into shape.

I like to think I've been posting a reasonable amount considering I only joined 3-4 weeks ago :)

I'm sometimes guilty of talking too much though...

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 19:04:35

At 2/1/08 06:55 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 2/1/08 06:50 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Everyone indeed needs to start posting more. We need to whip this place into shape.
I like to think I've been posting a reasonable amount considering I only joined 3-4 weeks ago :)

I'm sometimes guilty of talking too much though...

Awesome, heh. I remember when this place was so active that it got three, four pages a day. IT CAN BE LIKE THAT AGAIN.

However, something important for everyone to remember: it is not so important to post a lot, as it is to post intelligently. Avoid one-liners and pointless posts, or posts that have nothing but your stat gains...try to include some intelligent discussion along with it.

Better for the Barracks to have a dozen intelligent and thoughtful posts than a thousand dumb ones, after all.

I'm tinkering with the forums again tonight, trying to think of how to re-organize the "Barracks Business" section in particular. If anyone has any ideas for threads that we need, speak up here or in the Suggestions section at the forums.

If anyone is interested in helping, I have a task I need help with. I need to have a complete list of the blam checkpoints---not just the 50/100/150/200 vote checkpoints, but the exact specifications for just how much the checkpoints increase with multiple co-authors, too---which isn't explicitly stated on the FAQ (although it should be).

I will be muchos grateful if someone can get a precise list of this.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 19:37:18

At 2/1/08 03:04 AM, RSQViper wrote: Hell, with 100 B/P you're in the top 50,000

With 600 B/P you're already top 10,000.

With over 7,000 I hit the top 600 and I don't know if I'll ever hit top 400 or 300. =(

Sad now...

I think that... you need like +9600 to enter to the top 400
and +12300 to enter the top 300

At 2/1/08 06:27 AM, Phantom wrote: Yo, I'm alive, party's over.

I really want to continue the party... join us... XD
is nmice to have you back sir

At 2/1/08 07:04 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Awesome, heh. I remember when this place was so active that it got three, four pages a day. IT CAN BE LIKE THAT AGAIN.

the would be so nice... =D

However, something important for everyone to remember: it is not so important to post a lot, as it is to post intelligently.

I think my post was intelligent enough...
(well, i hope)

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 20:35:32

At 2/1/08 06:50 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote:
Everyone indeed needs to start posting more. We need to whip this place into shape.

It's a possible but not a lot of new users who have signed up are posting. There are some but not many.

Well now i have more spare time on my hands so i can help post more!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 20:49:22

At 2/1/08 08:35 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: It's a possible but not a lot of new users who have signed up are posting. There are some but not many.

That is why we must all keep an eye out for good potential members. Even if they're not of Elite Guard rank, we can still steer eager users to the NGPD...and thus, hopefully, to us.

And hell, even if they don't want to join the NGPD or EGB, it's still one more member with a better understanding of how to help Newgrounds! :-D

Well now i have more spare time on my hands so i can help post more!

Awesome.

I've re-made the Whistle Improvement Project on our forums. Everyone is free to post any whistle upgrade announcements there, ask for flagging tips, etc.

The Barracks really has evolved into handling whistling just as much as B/P'ing...after all, both are linked in the sense that both help keep the portal clean. ^_^

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 20:53:23

Also, forgot to mention (although it's mentioned in the Whistle Improvement Project)---in order to promote interclub activity and get better results with our work, I highly recommend posting notices about stolen flash (including evidence) not only in the Elite Guard Barracks, but also in the NGPD and Department of Defense. Members of those clubs should be encouraged to do so for us, as well.

The power of the three clubs combined is formidable, and can get damn near any abuse flagged. There's not always a lot of EGB members online, or NGPD/DoD, so more clubs means a higher chance of having substantial manpower.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 21:09:27

Yeah, i flagged reviews a lot but the Review system was disabled so i don't think they checked the reviews which were flagged.

So I'm sort of too lazy to re-flag.

Maybe i should but...hmmm....

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-01 23:50:28

At 2/1/08 09:09 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: Yeah, i flagged reviews a lot but the Review system was disabled so i don't think they checked the reviews which were flagged.

So I'm sort of too lazy to re-flag.

Maybe i should but...hmmm....

You don't gotta be crazy and spend the entire day refreshing the abusive review thread. Just hit up the most recent page---hell, hit up the most recent post---once every NG session or something. Or pick a front page flash and sort the reviews by score and see what's festering at the low end.

No one's gotta go Deity in a day, or even a week---but if everyone here (below Deity) just went up one grade, we'd be much, much more efficient with our flagging work.

:-D

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 01:23:54

At 2/1/08 11:50 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: No one's gotta go Deity in a day, or even a week---but if everyone here (below Deity) just went up one grade, we'd be much, much more efficient with our flagging work.
-D

I've been working on it for months now and was once gold but somehow got bumped down to silver. I've never flagged something I didn't find abusive though so its odd that a such thing would happen and even after flagging hundreds of reviews since then, I have not been able to regain my level. :(

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 01:32:39

Special Forces (Navy S.E.A.L.) Fireteam Leader (Commander) Polaris* reporting in.
Yes, that is an actual rank, though it is more commonly known as "commander" who sits below genral and above letinuit conoel. I have already supplied my own weaponary.

*I know thats differnt than my username, but I can't change my name.

The Elite Guard Barracks

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 02:13:00

At 2/2/08 01:32 AM, uzimaki320 wrote: Special Forces (Navy S.E.A.L.) Fireteam Leader (Commander) Polaris* reporting in.
Yes, that is an actual rank, though it is more commonly known as "commander" who sits below genral and above letinuit conoel. I have already supplied my own weaponary.

*wince*

This club is based on blamming and protecting on Newgrounds---these ranks are the ones we're based on, lol.

Sorry. :'(

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 13:53:20

At 2/2/08 01:32 AM, uzimaki320 wrote: Special Forces (Navy S.E.A.L.) Fireteam Leader (Commander) Polaris* reporting in.

EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 18:41:52

I've been told I could sort of be on a probation until I reach the designated amount of B/P without being an ass and spam the place. And hopefully most of you will know that I'm not the guy to do that.

Am I in?

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 19:04:20

At 2/2/08 06:41 PM, NintendoMadness wrote: I've been told I could sort of be on a probation until I reach the designated amount of B/P without being an ass and spam the place. And hopefully most of you will know that I'm not the guy to do that.

Am I in?

It's not so much probation...more like "you can post here, but you're not an official member until you're a Private and all".

But yes, howdy.

Having interclub relations between the NGPD and EGB is a good thing. Both sides benefit from increased activity, more successful whistling efforts, etc..

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 20:38:00

At 2/1/08 08:53 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Also, forgot to mention (although it's mentioned in the Whistle Improvement Project)---in order to promote interclub activity and get better results with our work, I highly recommend posting notices about stolen flash (including evidence) not only in the Elite Guard Barracks, but also in the NGPD and Department of Defense. Members of those clubs should be encouraged to do so for us, as well.

The power of the three clubs combined is formidable, and can get damn near any abuse flagged. There's not always a lot of EGB members online, or NGPD/DoD, so more clubs means a higher chance of having substantial manpower.

I also like posting them in Rage's Gift. If you post there things get flagged like lightning a lot of times.At 2/2/08 01:32 AM, uzimaki320 wrote:

Special Forces (Navy S.E.A.L.) Fireteam Leader (Commander) Polaris* reporting in.
Yes, that is an actual rank, though it is more commonly known as "commander" who sits below genral and above letinuit conoel.

I'd just LOVE to point out how this guy is not a Navy SEAL in any way, shape, or form. His ranks come from the wrong branch of service and everything.

Wow. Just... wow. Next time you try to lie use Naval ranks, not Army ranks. LMAO! (oh, and you're 13 years old)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 22:37:21

Ok, running a little bit out of the %u02BAnew rules of acception%u02BA topic, I would like to say that I'm B/Ping a little more than usuall, I guess. Probably because the Flash Portal has been quite active right now, or because I'm trying to pass AnalPenguinFarming in the rosters. I think I already passed him, he has been a little inactive right now.
------------------
Carnival started a few days ago here. I like it only because of the one entire week holiday. As for the parties, well... I don't go to them.

People get drunk and then drive, car accidents increase a lot more than usual, the airports get crowded... the list goes on.

Unfortunately, this will be my last week of vacations. As a consequence, my B/P ratio will decrease a lot. And I also might get a job... (?)
------------------
You read it, get a job. My mother said there will be some sort of "young aprentice" job at the post office or something like that. I want to participate, since if I pass the test I will work in the afternoons and win R$ 170 a month (R$1.00 = U$ 1.70. You do the math.)!

The problem is: I don't know if the test will be hard or not. The are chances that it will be a lot harder than I expect, because I read some of the stuff that will be in the test and some of them I haven't even studied at school yet. Well, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

And I'm only 14.
------------------
Everyone ready for the Super Bowl?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 23:05:34

At 2/2/08 10:37 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: The problem is: I don't know if the test will be hard or not. The are chances that it will be a lot harder than I expect, because I read some of the stuff that will be in the test and some of them I haven't even studied at school yet. Well, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

And I'm only 14.

Good luck, man. 9 to 5 jobs are shitty, plain and simple, but you may end up likin it a lot. Either way, for 14 its some coin in yer pocket so good luck and go for it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 23:07:11

At 2/2/08 10:37 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Ok, running a little bit out of the %u02BAnew rules of acception%u02BA topic, I would like to say that I'm B/Ping a little more than usuall, I guess...

yes I notice that... is kind of cool... XD

------------------
Carnival started a few days ago here. I like it only because of the one entire week holiday. As for the parties, well... I don't go to them.

I wish I could be there... we don't have thing like that here...
Brasil carnival is the best

People get drunk and then drive, car accidents increase a lot more than usual, the airports get crowded... the list goes on.

sounds nice

Unfortunately, this will be my last week of vacations. As a consequence, my B/P ratio will decrease a lot. And I also might get a job... (?)

wow.. a job... nice... get some money is important... XD

------------------
You read it, get a job. My mother said there will be some sort of "young aprentice" job at the post office or something like that. I want to participate, since if I pass the test I will work in the afternoons and win R$ 170 a month (R$1.00 = U$ 1.70. You do the math.)!

289 bucks?...
x 7.6
= 2196.4 Quezales
damn... ohh... is nice for a first job (is your first.. right?)
on my first job I earn like U$ 320

The problem is: I don't know if the test will be hard or not. The are chances that it will be a lot harder than I expect, because I read some of the stuff that will be in the test and some of them I haven't even studied at school yet. Well, I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

I won't be hard...
so.. good luck dude...

And I'm only 14.

14... you make me feel old...

------------------

what's that?... just kidding... did you know that in Guatemala we don't play football... (btw... we call it american football... because... football for us... is soccer)

*salute*

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 23:10:07

At 2/1/08 06:27 AM, Phantom wrote: Yo, I'm alive, party's over.

I'm pretty sure that the party is going to continue, now that you're back safe.

Also, I noticed you got 2 B/P points during the last roster update. I even pointed it out, but no one read my post.

At 2/2/08 10:37 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: You read it, get a job.

The horror! Actually having to do work to get what you want?

Your mom is a Nazi.

R$ 170 a month (R$1.00 = U$ 1.70. You do the math.)!

About minimum wage in New Jersey, give or take. Well, that's a little less than what I make a month working roughly 12-13 hours a week on minimum wage.

But that's still nothing to scoff at.

The problem is: I don't know if the test will be hard or not.

How hard can it be; it's a test for the post office. They don't really need a college graduation to put mail in order of where it's going.

And I'm only 14.

And your mom is making you work? How could she! I mean, my mom would never do that to me! </sarcasm>

Giants fan #1 right here baby.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 23:14:12

At 2/2/08 10:37 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote: Everyone ready for the Super Bowl?

I am. Only football game of the year that I watch, heh, and the closest I got to a religious service.

Anyway, yes, let us talk about the STATE OF THE PORTAL address idea. It's a sort of hybrid between monthly awards, favorite lists, and B/P reports, heh.

At the end of February, I'll post a link to the February State of the Portal thread in our forums (not actually created yet). Anyone interested can post there, including things like:

1) Their observations of the Portal's general flow. Faster than normal? Slower? Spammier than usual? Any new flash groups that are promising/disappointing? Any current ones pull off anything impressive/depressing?

2) Favorite flashes for the past month. A top five list would be good. Top audio choices can also be presented.

3) Personal submissions. Showcase links to any flashes or audio tracks that you uploaded in February; encourage other Barracks members to watch/listen and review.

4) B/P gains, if you recorded them. Rank-ups in B/P rank or whistles. If you guided anyone to the NGPD or Barracks, go ahead and mention it.

5) Anything else that needs mentioning for the month. Special Flash days? BBS highlights? Etc.

The first post of the thread would be a sort of summary for easy reference.

Still brainstorming.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-02 23:47:17

At 2/2/08 11:10 PM, TheThing wrote:

No, not really. First, I don't buy lots of things (no, I haven't bought you [name-related joke]), only some CD's once a month. Second, I want the job to keep the money for the future. I want to buy an apartament as soon as I get to university, and a nice apartament isn't very cheap, so I'd better start working as soon as possible!

Your mom is a Nazi.

No, she's great as a mother. She's the best mom that I've ever had (another ridiculous joke...).

R$ 170 a month (R$1.00 = U$ 1.70. You do the math.)!
About minimum wage in New Jersey, give or take. Well, that's a little less than what I make a month working roughly 12-13 hours a week on minimum wage.

Well, you'll have to do the math again, since I messed up the values.

The problem is: I don't know if the test will be hard or not.
How hard can it be; it's a test for the post office. They don't really need a college graduation to put mail in order of where it's going.

Yeah, I don't know why but they'll want me to know about chemistry, physycs and biology. And the age to apply to do the test is from 14 to 17, I think. I hope my brain start working better...

And I'm only 14.
And your mom is making you work? How could she! I mean, my mom would never do that to me! </sarcasm>

Hahahaha, she isn't making me work, she just mentioned it and I liked the idea of working now. Get some experience in... delivering mail? Under this desertic sun? Or maybye under heavy rain? Oh well... it better be worth!

Cool. I don't cheer for any football team, although I like the Chicago Bears. But I think the Giants will win this Super Bowl. Luckily, ESPN will show the game here. They barely show any football game, although they're the TV chanel that gives most attetion to international sports. How funny, I really like watching hockey games, but I only listen to them through the Internet radio, because ESPN shows about one game a year.

Washington Capitals all the way!

*Salutes*

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-03 00:48:10

At 2/2/08 11:47 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
No, not really.

I'm sorry, I forgot to leave my sarcasm tag open for you.

Damn HTML, correcting what I don't want corrected.

Your mom is a Nazi.
No, she's great as a mother. She's the best mom that I've ever had (another ridiculous joke...).

See above.

Well, you'll have to do the math again, since I messed up the values.

Well, I make some where between US$300-500 a month (when working every week during the summer), so I'm sure that whatever the rate is, I've got it covered.

Yeah, I don't know why but they'll want me to know about chemistry, physycs and biology. And the age to apply to do the test is from 14 to 17, I think. I hope my brain start working better...

Well, I'm pretty sure that some 17 year olds I know could pass a chemistry or physics test.

Hahahaha, she isn't making me work, she just mentioned it and I liked the idea of working now. Get some experience in... delivering mail? Under this desertic sun? Or maybye under heavy rain? Oh well... it better be worth!

Hey, any income at 13 is better than none. Plus, you'll be able to get all that stuff you didn't think you did until you got money.

But a good way to prevent that from happening is to put half of your check in the bank, and don't touch your bank account, except for desperate times.

Cool. I don't cheer for any football team, although I like the Chicago Bears. But I think the Giants will win this Super Bowl.

Good, then your with me. I'd put money on them; because even if they do lose, they'll beat the 12 point spread.

Luckily, ESPN will show the game here. They barely show any football game, although they're the TV chanel that gives most attetion to international sports.

Not so much any more. They just recently added ESPN Deportes, which shows soccer (in all countries, not just from Latin America) and other major international sporting news.

But back in the day, ESPN didn't have money to get high lights of any major sport, so they taught people about other sports, like HiLi (can't spell it) and Polo and whatnot.

How funny, I really like watching hockey games, but I only listen to them through the Internet radio, because ESPN shows about one game a year.

No else likes hockey but you.

But to be fair, ESPN never showed any football except for this year, when they got the rights to Monday Night Football.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-03 01:24:44

Whats the big fuzz with all the superbowl stuff ?
This is just a super commercial shitbag... and all of us know that the Patriots will destroy the Giants.

I bid my newgrounds account that they will win, even though they all suck dicks cause they play american football :P

sorry about that post, I'm kind of drunk and I just find it funny to mess with football fans :)
LONG LIVE TO HOCKEY !!!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-03 02:04:30

ATTENTION ALL BARRACKS MEMBERS

ACTUALLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ARTISTIC SKILL, FUCK OFF

lol just kidding.

We need a sexy header for the Elite Guard Barracks forums. We either need one of our own artists (I know we must have a few in here) to make one, or commission someone at the sig makers or wherever.

What we're looking for is something 990x100. This is very important.

It needs "Elite Guard Barracks" centered; text should be legible and clearly standing out against whatever background is included. Other than that, the artist is pretty much free to do what they want; including the Supreme Commander tank badge and Deity Whistle into the design would be a swell idea.

If anyone here is interested in giving it a go, I only ask two things:

1) Be good at drawing. Seriously, if you know you suck, don't volunteer.

2) Declare your intention to give it a go before you start, so we don't have multiple people clamoring for it. If we get more than one good design anyway, we can always alternate.

I'd prefer something in-house, but if we don't got any takers, we'll go a-hunting.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-03 02:14:50

At 2/1/08 06:27 AM, Phantom wrote: Everyone ready for the Super Bowl?

Oh, cool.

Your disappointment begins in almost exactly 14 hours.

No, the Pats won't cover the spread, but look for them to win by 9.

Oh, unless Eli reverts to original Eli in which the Pats will crush the Giants like a bug on a windshield and will double the spread.

At 2/3/08 01:24 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Whats the big fuzz with all the superbowl stuff ?

It's the biggest game in the US, that's what.

This is just a super commercial shitbag...

Actually the commercials are even cool during the Bowl. Best commercials all year. And they better be. They cost over 2million bucks for 30 seconds.

and all of us know that the Patriots will destroy the Giants.

See? You're not even from here and you know better than these other folks.

It's going to be warm, sunny and perfect for some Brady to Moss to Welker action.

Oh, yes. It'll be beautiful.

I bid my newgrounds account that they will win, even though they all suck dicks cause they play american football :P

hahahhaha

SHUTUP!!!!

sorry about that post, I'm kind of drunk and I just find it funny to mess with football fans :)
LONG LIVE TO HOCKEY !!!

Ugh... Hockey... I only watch the playoffs and that's only sometimes.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-03 02:23:14

No one miss the EGB forum header mission at the bottom of the last page, now.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2008-02-03 02:38:16

At 2/3/08 02:23 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: No one miss the EGB forum header mission at the bottom of the last page, now.

What, you mean this one?:

copy/paste for great justice!

from Slashy-poo:

ATTENTION ALL BARRACKS MEMBERS

ACTUALLY, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ARTISTIC SKILL, FUCK OFF

lol just kidding.

We need a sexy header for the Elite Guard Barracks forums. We either need one of our own artists (I know we must have a few in here) to make one, or commission someone at the sig makers or wherever.

What we're looking for is something 990x100. This is very important.

It needs "Elite Guard Barracks" centered; text should be legible and clearly standing out against whatever background is included. Other than that, the artist is pretty much free to do what they want; including the Supreme Commander tank badge and Deity Whistle into the design would be a swell idea.

If anyone here is interested in giving it a go, I only ask two things:

1) Be good at drawing. Seriously, if you know you suck, don't volunteer.

2) Declare your intention to give it a go before you start, so we don't have multiple people clamoring for it. If we get more than one good design anyway, we can always alternate.

I'd prefer something in-house, but if we don't got any takers, we'll go a-hunting.