00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mekboybilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,043,922 Views | 61,091 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 16:23:56

At 5/16/12 03:51 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I thought he was IP banned...

Like I said before: I remember the username, and if it's the same guy as last time it won't matter. He'll just keep changing his IP address until he gets bored and leaves again.

Dunno why you're even bothering to report that shit anymore; he's plainly jerking off to the attention he's getting and the admins must know to watch for it themselves by now.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 16:47:49

At 5/16/12 04:23 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 5/16/12 03:51 PM, Spretznaz wrote: I thought he was IP banned...
Like I said before: I remember the username, and if it's the same guy as last time it won't matter. He'll just keep changing his IP address until he gets bored and leaves again.

Dunno why you're even bothering to report that shit anymore; he's plainly jerking off to the attention he's getting and the admins must know to watch for it themselves by now.

I guess I can ignore it since it doesn't do anything terrible.

Also, stolen flash

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 17:11:50

At 5/16/12 04:47 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
I guess I can ignore it since it doesn't do anything terrible.

Yes just ignore. At this point we have plenty of people keeping an ey on it and reporting to Wade directly.

Also, stolen flash
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595654

Yea he submitted this earlier http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595636 which Wade already deleted.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 18:05:00

At 5/16/12 04:47 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Also, stolen flash

He just swapped it for another file. Is that the actual flash without the warning?

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 18:18:25

At 5/16/12 06:13 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 5/16/12 06:05 PM, Spretznaz wrote:
At 5/16/12 04:47 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Also, stolen flash
He just swapped it for another file. Is that the actual flash without the warning?
Nope, just a shovelware game now.

When the whistle comes back, does anyone know if shovelware is going to be a whistle-able offence?

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595661
Stolen from ZONE-SAMA's website Hentaikey.

This time you beat me to it. Now we're even.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 18:43:27

At 5/16/12 06:24 PM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 5/16/12 06:18 PM, Spretznaz wrote: When the whistle comes back, does anyone know if shovelware is going to be a whistle-able offence?
Don't think anyone knows at the moment. I do hope that they can be flagged.

Same here, with the amount that gets submitted I'll be able to get the deity whistle in no time at all.

- P R O F E S S I O N A L - G R A P H I C - D E S I G N E R -

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-16 20:37:21

I hope they will bring the whistle back I dislike not being able to flag possible stolen flashes like the one just linked. Stolen from Zone-Sama one of those authors who seem to there work stolen. Fazzyplex I wonder if he was one of those spammers from the past ,cant think which one who had hundreds of alts accounts. Would not surprise me at all I do really the whistle option though.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-17 11:18:53

At 5/17/12 08:23 AM, Lizzardis wrote: Chris Beer? Or are you talking about the Duck Division?

Also... Hi hi! I'm alive!... Just.

Highly doubt it. Their tactics are much different, and the content much more illegal.

Hai by the way!! Miss ya old buddy. Stick around would ya.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-17 15:49:58

These people STILL have no idea what is or isn't shovelware
(mochiads slapped onto crap)

The Elite Guard Barracks

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-17 16:46:05

Oh, and can someone try to make sense of this description for me? It's from this game.

Who likes puzzle consists, we now really come to its.
This game contains 40 images, which are randomly and even to the time.
When they manage to cope with the image at the time, you get bonus points for time and remaining time. And then you go to the next round, where it got more complicated picture. How far you go, you will be on your dexterity. If you fail any of the wheels at the time to handle, this game ends.
To control Puzzle 40 use it only the mouse. Click on the image scale and take it further by clicking on the rotate 90 degrees.
After placing the right place just click and scale shall be placed in the image.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-18 01:58:01

At 5/17/12 05:12 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I think someone (or the shovelware site itself) needs to go back to English class and learn how to write a proper English sentence.

That's probably it. They don't know how to write in English because they don't know English. I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority, if not all, of those shovelware sites are probably from somewhere in Latin America or Asia and probably run everything through google translate or something.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-18 05:57:55

At 5/17/12 03:49 PM, Spretznaz wrote: These people STILL have no idea what is or isn't shovelware
(mochiads slapped onto crap)

I know this is irrelevant...but can you click on those links in that ad? The joint pain pills look legit...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-18 14:49:25

Fuck's sake:

The dumb thing is, even when we do get our whistles back, there won't be enough people flagging them and they'll still pass anyway. I can see a scouting tree applied to the Flash portal, if this keeps up. It's the only way to reliably keep crap like this out of the portal (short of flash mods, but that's probably a long way off yet, if it'll ever actually happen). : /

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-18 19:37:12

Stolen flash:

I know I've seen this before (at least a couple years ago) and I'm pretty sure "Manfred Gomez" isn't Adam Wardle.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-18 21:15:12

Is the flash considered stolen if it's not their music? Because I know the authors of this song (not personally) and it's NOT this guy.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 04:45:35

At 5/18/12 09:15 PM, Spretznaz wrote: Is the flash considered stolen if it's not their music?

It's a bit of a grey area, as far as I'm aware. Did they give the original creator of the track credit at any point like in the description? I can't speak spanish so couldn't tell.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 17:42:11

This seems a little of topic for the EGB and I'm not too sure if this is the place for this but I can across an art piece that I have a feeling is stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/thefkinmofo/partially-nude-lightning-ff?context=ratings :etm.scouted:.unscouted:1.allow_banned:1.offset:6I basically have no evidence of this other then the fact that this artist has one other piece uploaded and it's nowhere near this level of artwork, if I'm wrong then good for him he managed to go from the "yeah you can draw" stage to masterpiece quality.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 17:43:46

Sorry the link didn't work out. here is a working one

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 18:59:23

At 5/19/12 05:42 PM, Decky wrote: This seems a little of topic for the EGB and I'm not too sure if this is the place for this but I can across an art piece that I have a feeling is stolen:
http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/thefkinmofo/partially-nud e-lightning-ff?context=ratings :etm.scouted:.unscouted:1.allow_banned:1.offset:6I basically have no evidence of this other then the fact that this artist has one other piece uploaded and it's nowhere near this level of artwork, if I'm wrong then good for him he managed to go from the "yeah you can draw" stage to masterpiece quality.

In the future, all you have to do is run an image search. Here is the image on deviantart (by "ffsex", who doesn't have the other image on his page.)

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 19:27:27

At 5/19/12 06:59 PM, Spretznaz wrote: In the future, all you have to do is run an image search.

Cheers for the help Sprez, you would have thought that by now I'd have this stuff tied down but I have never found what I thought was stolen art work before.

Here is the image on deviantart (by "ffsex", who doesn't have the other image on his page.)

I'm guessing that the next step would be to report it to an art mod.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 19:35:23

At 5/19/12 07:27 PM, Decky wrote: I'm guessing that the next step would be to report it to an art mod.

You don't have to. Unlike the flash portal right now, the art portal actually has a report abuse button (in the title bar on the right)

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-19 22:15:00

Stolen:

I remember playing this when I was 9 or so, plus it's a spanish flash submitted by an english-speaking user.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 13:40:30

At 5/21/12 08:59 AM, SCTE3 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595883
Seems familiar, remember playing this somewhere before a few years ago.

Yea, it's been done before but I doubt this is stolen, nor will I put the effort to find an exact match. I'm pretty sure there's tons of these out there. Not really anything too difficult to program. If you look at his other submission you can tell he just makes really crappy games.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 15:53:08

At 5/21/12 01:40 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 5/21/12 08:59 AM, SCTE3 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/595883
Seems familiar, remember playing this somewhere before a few years ago.
Yea, it's been done before but I doubt this is stolen, nor will I put the effort to find an exact match. I'm pretty sure there's tons of these out there. Not really anything too difficult to program. If you look at his other submission you can tell he just makes really crappy games.

This looks like a cookie-cutter example of a shovelware account. Every single game looks like they spent less than an hour making them, mochiads are slapped onto all of them, and they all have a "The Thought Treasury" logo, whatever that is.

EGB || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 16:00:19

At 5/21/12 03:53 PM, Spretznaz wrote: This looks like a cookie-cutter example of a shovelware account. Every single game looks like they spent less than an hour making them, mochiads are slapped onto all of them, and they all have a "The Thought Treasury" logo, whatever that is.

It's probably just a kid making what he thinks are good animations but what everybody else can see as the sort of crap that really should just be blammed. We should be greatful for the blam points I guess.

LATEST ART PIECE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 18:30:14

Some of the reviews on the flashes posted still make we wonder do people not read the rules. I read reviews saying it is stolen! why do people still write that even now unless they are new to this site. I do hope the whistle will be brought back some time in the future. I find loads of other flashes which may be stolen from people's reviews.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 21:29:03

Perhaps this is just me, but I suppose I'll throw this question out to the group of people that would likely care most:

Doesn't the fact that you can't see a movie's score make voting on it after it passes judgement entirely pointless?

I mean, I suppose it would slow down and/or stop mass voting and such, but then why allow it to be voted on after judgement? Unless it gets into the top fifty of all time, what's the point? Nothing will change, aside from a few extra experience points.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 21:30:47

At 5/21/12 09:29 PM, Scarface wrote: Doesn't the fact that you can't see a movie's score make voting on it after it passes judgement entirely pointless?

Unless they changed the voting 'point' system to the voting 'star' system, and the review star system doesn't change anything.

In that case.....why did they do that?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-21 23:06:32

At 5/21/12 09:29 PM, Scarface wrote: Doesn't the fact that you can't see a movie's score make voting on it after it passes judgement entirely pointless?

I...don't understand, do you mean that you cannot see the movie's score after voting on it? I surely can if it's passed judgement...and what SCTE3 said, you can still hover over the star to show the accurate score.

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2012-05-22 06:44:42

At 5/21/12 11:06 PM, Gimmick wrote:
I...don't understand, do you mean that you cannot see the movie's score after voting on it? I surely can if it's passed judgement...and what SCTE3 said, you can still hover over the star to show the accurate score.

But you don't vote in stars, you vote with points. You REVIEW the movie and give it stars. So why try to mix things up?