00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

emoloser21 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,042,723 Views | 61,074 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 00:32:16

Obviously a Namco Game, Also stolen from Neave.com, the creator of the website adapted the game for flash, and created a legal notice. The username of the poster here does not match the creator of the website. There are few differences between the version on Neave.com and the one linked.

Copy and pasta from NGPD

Feel free to check more into it, but I'm fairly sure about this one.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 02:51:13

At 12/23/10 12:03 AM, Jedi-Master wrote: Oh hey guys, I'm just volunterring my stolen flash detecting services.

Stolen :
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7167
Original:
http://www.neave.com/games/pacman/

Oh.. Sorry, didn't realize you already covered it. Nice catch though.

Blammin' and Shit Postin'

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 03:01:21

At 12/22/10 11:13 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 12/22/10 07:41 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: Wow, what a dumb fuckin idiot.
Hentai games and prolific fucktardism have a tendency to find each other like that. Remember the Frankie Foster flash?

Yeah that was hilarious but, truly stupid how everyone stole it.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 08:33:47

Original is from some anime (obviously), an online swf of it is available here.

Wow, ripping something from a bloody anime, that's retarded even by average NG thief standards.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 09:19:58

At 12/23/10 08:33 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Wow, ripping something from a bloody anime, that's retarded even by average NG thief standards.

You know what's even dumber? Stealing TV clips of real people.

Original.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 10:36:06

At 12/23/10 03:01 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote:
At 12/22/10 11:13 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
At 12/22/10 07:41 AM, BenwaHakubi wrote: Wow, what a dumb fuckin idiot.
Hentai games and prolific fucktardism have a tendency to find each other like that. Remember the Frankie Foster flash?
Yeah that was hilarious but, truly stupid how everyone stole it.

Seriously, I didn't understand what happened. I just remeber when I watched the movie. I think Zone-Sama did it, am I right??

So, you guys are saying people posted the same movie after it was deleted?? lol, sorry if I'm being idiot, I just wanna know what happened.

Also, today is my father's birthday!! Yeah! Also, we're more and more closer to Christmas (and to the classes here in Brazil too...) !! :| hate school.

So, what are you expecting for this end of year??

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 11:02:32

At 12/23/10 09:19 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
You know what's even dumber? Stealing TV clips of real people.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7208
Original.

You know whats dumber still?
People passing a television clip through the Newgrounds Portal.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 11:06:26

At 12/23/10 11:02 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: You know whats dumber still?

I swear, we REALLY need some portal mods here. Or at least a better whistle system for flashes. I mean, it probably won't even be dealt with once I PM Wade either, since I'm not a mod or well-known flash artist (or any other type of person who'd stand out in the list of PMs Wade gets).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 12:18:10

At 12/23/10 11:06 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
I swear, we REALLY need some portal mods here. Or at least a better whistle system for flashes. I mean, it probably won't even be dealt with once I PM Wade either, since I'm not a mod or well-known flash artist (or any other type of person who'd stand out in the list of PMs Wade gets).

Totally agree, Wade gets way too much PM's per day, from dumb-asses trying to get an answer and from mods and important people he cares about. I think he never read my PM's, and that's he ONLY way we can get those submissions out of nthe portal when they have already out of judgement.

We should have Portal Mods SERIOUSLY.

Hey you, looking for fun? Join the Elite Guard Barracks

Signature by CagedSilhouette!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 12:45:24

At 12/23/10 11:06 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I swear, we REALLY need some portal mods here. Or at least a better whistle system for flashes. I mean, it probably won't even be dealt with once I PM Wade either, since I'm not a mod or well-known flash artist (or any other type of person who'd stand out in the list of PMs Wade gets).

It's nothing to do with PMing Wade - I have his IM and I get through to him there. If you want me to pass stuff on that is through judgement, let me know and I can pass it on to him.

The flash in question was removed :)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 13:21:43

At 12/23/10 11:02 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
You know whats dumber still?

Yes, it has become far too easy nowadays to acquire a .swf or .fla off the net and want to just dump it onto the Portal, as if we're some kind of generic file hosting service. I would rather have the whole thing shut down than let the rest of the place fall into such a mess and let the integrity of our Portal be reduced to that state. I hope the admins give out a wide shout-out to promote not just original content, but new rules and restrictions, as well as punishments for failing to adhere to the standards that are meant to keep the Portal a stable ecosystem.

The fact that submitting such things is a violation of the portal guidelines is also very disappointing - perhaps the rules should be posted not just in the submission page, but in the judgment phase of a flash, so viewers are more educated on what is acceptable and what is not. This is because I feel many users don't know what's okay and what isn't, as the whistle guidelines are quite vague.

At 12/23/10 11:06 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: I swear, we REALLY need some portal mods here. Or at least a better whistle system for flashes. I mean, it probably won't even be dealt with once I PM Wade either, since I'm not a mod or well-known flash artist (or any other type of person who'd stand out in the list of PMs Wade gets).

I outlined something like this a while ago, but looking back at it, I don't think it will happen or that it will be necessary. The Portal mods itself through users - users who have been given the responsibility to use discriminate judgment upon all movies within the portal to ensure its health and upkeep. It has worked for a long time, but after the troubles in the past year, it seems that users are more cautious, yet being the statwhores that they are, they still have to vote on things - this results in the erroneous practice of 'blind voting', and why we sometimes see stolen or otherwise outright garbage getting through.

The system we have now may have been acceptable in 2000, when there were less users and generally harsher critics, but the system today is antiquated and further stagnated now that other media social sharing sites have been reduced to a scale of quality that is either "like" or not. Newgrounds has always had a standard of quality, a voting scale that is fair and promotes an active and vigilant community of Flash enthusiasts and authors. This standard of quality is blemished by ignorant users who only care about their B/P because it will give them more power to misuse for their own needs - as if leveling up here is some kind of game.

However, Portal Mods are not necessary despite the Portal being in an unruly state in recent times. Aside from its users, only admins can mod the Portal, having the power to remove anything they see unfit - check the obituaries from the this week and tell me what you see. The NGPD, DoD, and EGB are the closest thing the Portal has to actual moderators, as we have a sense of duty and determined community of individuals who care about the kinds of things that go through the Portal. If we are dissatisfied with the current state, then we must be doing a bad job.

We should recruit more members across Newgrounds' Flash Portal security branches, as membership is dwindling and too small to tackle such a large task of maintaining the integrity of the Flash Portal. Things look dire, but not impossible to amend with the proper amount of service. The Fulps may be the owners of the site and are now family men with such responsibilities to maintain, but I don't think there is any reason that a few regular user such ourselves and the other security branches shouldn't be able to dedicate to the task of keeping Tom's 'first baby' (the Flash Portal) healthy.

Our criteria is to be tough, but fair. Recent times may call for us to be more vigilant than some are comfortable with, but that is what comes with the responsibility of wearing the badge here.

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 13:51:16

At 12/23/10 01:21 PM, ArtDanVal wrote: The Portal mods itself through users - users who have been given the responsibility to use discriminate judgment upon all movies within the portal to ensure its health and upkeep.

That's exactly the problem: 99% of the people who vote on under judgement flashes either don't know, or simply don't care, what a stolen flash looks like and / or how to find one. The whistle system only works when the proportion of people who know when and how to use it is above a certain ratio of the UJ flash's total audience, which hasn't been the case for a good few years now.

We should recruit more members across Newgrounds' Flash Portal security branches, as membership is dwindling and too small to tackle such a large task of maintaining the integrity of the Flash Portal.

In all honesty, I think that almost everyone who both knows and cares about flagging stolen flashes already knows about these clubs. Expanding the numbers would only work if the entry requirements were lowered, which would defeat the underlying point and likely turn the threads into flash versions of Rage's thread.

Come to think of it, should this place get too much attention it'd be even worse than the too little attention it gets now. Rage's thread was killed through inaccurate judgements of reviews; why would this place be any different should the emphasis on accuracy / common sense be lost in favour of greater numbers?

Frankly, you could recruit the entire BBS, and it'd still be in a tiny minority to the million-odd youtube morons clicking the vote buttons for fun (remember, you don't have to have an account to vote on something, so passing a flash is always going to be much easier than flagging it). With the current tools we have, playing the numbers game isn't likely to produce results.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 15:23:36

At 12/21/10 10:05 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: I'm glad to see how quickly the stolen flashes are being deleted now if people stopped stealing that would be great. I leveled up the other day and did not even realize it, I'm now close to getting to my favorite level 39 the chainsaw but that is not till march. Really liking Fallout 3 now and want to get Fallout New Vegas in the new year.

Well congrats on the rank up. And well as for Fallout it is a really good game just could not get very far due to the sparseness in ammo and stuff but also may not be doing something right lol. But also as well glad to see so many stolen flashes getting caught and flagged now days. And honestly can't believe somebody would steal a flash that's still UJ.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-23 19:03:01

At 12/23/10 12:45 PM, Coop wrote: It's nothing to do with PMing Wade - I have his IM and I get through to him there. If you want me to pass stuff on that is through judgement, let me know and I can pass it on to him.

In actual fact, this MarysongChina tool could use his attention, since he's now submitted 2 more stolen games:

Original.

Original.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-24 00:53:21

Description:
"looped for yo to enjoy! Thanks for viewing!"

Original:
http://flufflesthepancake.deviantart.com /art/Spy-Crab-Strut-149637479?q=&qo=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65d_cTALe 6M

It's also on the Best404PageEver, and several other similar sites.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-24 15:14:13

What the fuck is going on, am I the only one who remembers a level 2 user posting here about a stolen flash and every post even regarding it was deleted?

The fuck is with random deleting...Coop, you're a mod, any reason you may be able to answer me?

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-24 16:09:48

At 12/24/10 03:14 PM, Phantom wrote: What the fuck is going on, am I the only one who remembers a level 2 user posting here about a stolen flash and every post even regarding it was deleted?

The fuck is with random deleting...Coop, you're a mod, any reason you may be able to answer me?

It was a user posting on an alt that's currently banned on the BBS. They have a history of posting on alts while banned on there main account.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-24 21:46:38

Hi, Everyone!

Well, it's Christmas Eve. The server lights are blinking in rhythm to "Carol of the Bells" as my tracking system has detected a fast-moving object with sled rails driven by a portly man wearing a tacky red coat. Seems like the eight forward-mounted engines appear to look like arctic ungulates with mature antlers - or possibly an advance communication system. Apparently the operator of this unwieldy flying machine is darting quickly from home to home, dropping off random gifts - but only if the home has a gaudily decorated fir tree in the living room. Also, it appears that small bribes for this supposedly generous soul (in the form of cold milk and warm cookies) tends to make him even more generous, and inspires him to fill over-sized stockings hung on the wall with small toys and candy.

His current location is Helsinki, Finland - but the computer model reports that he should be entering United States airspace in about 3 hours. I have set up the requisite tree and snacks, as to lure this gift-giving fool into my domicile. But what he doesn't realize is that the moment he steps into the living room, he will trigger multiple traps - multi-targeted tranquilizer gun, sonic disruptor and a wall mounted, spring loaded kevlar web disguised as giant snowflake.

Once captured (hopefully with minimal injuries) I will find out the true identity of our sneaky gift-giver, and force him to tell me the where-abouts of his secret northern lair. He has a tight schedule to keep, and if he wants to complete it, he'll need to tel me quickly - or face the embarrassment of disappointing millions of small children all over the planet.

I may also have to ask him for some extra chocolate candy and some upgrade parts for my gamer rig. Once he complies, he will be released, unharmed (at least physically!)

(Hey, if you're gonna be on the "naughty" list, might as well aim for the top!)

Anyways, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas (or, Happy Christmas to our members on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean). May you all find happiness and joy with your family and loved ones - they are the true gifts of Christmas!

Oh, and I designed a Christmas Card for us, too!

Now, go and enjoy your leave, soldiers! Take plenty of pictures and make plenty of memories!

*Salutes*
DISMISSED!

The Elite Guard Barracks

Proud member of the EGB since 2006 |-EGB Forum-|-EGB Website-| Game and Movie Mod 2017

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-25 12:27:12

Obviously not his, but where did it come from?

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-25 12:33:46

At 12/25/10 12:27 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7434
Obviously not his, but where did it come from?

I'm looking on YouTube, no results thus far. I'll keep searching.

Merry Christmas, EGB!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-25 15:13:36

It's stolen from an anime.

This guy has 7 or 8 stolen submissions, and I don't think a single one of them has been flagged yet, and his account still hasn't been deleted. I PMed Wade, so maybe it will be taken care of soon.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-26 17:58:14

At 12/22/10 11:13 AM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Hentai games and prolific fucktardism have a tendency to find each other like that.

Case in point:

Original (NSFW).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-26 18:05:32

At 12/26/10 05:58 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: Case in point:

No, wait, this is just yet another idiot who thinks NG is a dumping ground for random shit you find on the internet:

Original.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-26 21:09:43

Merry xmas bit late but I hope everybody had a good christmas I did. I got some lovely gifts I got Fable 3 and Red Dead Redemption, and other gifts cool looking games. Fallout New Vegas looks really cool as well. The flash stealers are still very busy as usual good job finding them on the portal. Almost close to my next badge. Well on Fallout 3 I'm still only got to level 6.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-27 01:34:58

At 12/26/10 09:09 PM, phantomlassuk wrote: Red Dead Redemption

Freaking best game ever! Loved that game.

Wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a happy new year! I've been busy running around everywhere for the holidays, and haven't had much time to stop by here, so this is my holiday fly by!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-27 09:37:09

And more shit:

Original. (can't actually get to the .swf file itself since you need to register for that, but it's plainly obvious at any rate).

Original.

Also, RANK UP WOO!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-27 10:26:55

For fuck's sake.

Random anime clip. The thefts of these things are so obvious I don't think it even needs an original link.

This, however, does. (<==WARNING: NSFW AND VERY FUCKED UP!)

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-27 10:33:29

Sheizen, I have a source for the first theft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdGh2LbV Ng

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-27 10:55:24

At 12/27/10 10:33 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Sheizen, I have a source for the first theft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PdGh2LbV Ng

This is for the Watching You Loop.

Also, this:

Same shit, different day. Has anyone been able to complete this to see if there is, in fact, another level? The only thing he did was add loud music to the menu.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2010-12-27 11:35:57

At 12/27/10 10:55 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: Same shit, different day. Has anyone been able to complete this to see if there is, in fact, another level? The only thing he did was add loud music to the menu.

Looks almost identical to one submitted yesterday:

Anyone know where the original tutorial is?