00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sdrogotime99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

2,998,410 Views | 60,708 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 04:58:58

At 3/12/09 03:01 AM, PantyWipe wrote: Hey do you guys have the link to see where youd be at had you deposited every day? Id have to be up there with the best of them after 8 years of activity, at least in the late lvl 30's-early lvl 40's by now, cus ive seen kids with higher lvls than me that signed on in like 2005.

If you'd have deposited every day since you signed up, you'd be almost Level 50. I've missed 6 deposits in total and I've just reached Level 41

Just do a google search for nglog and you'll find what you're after - I can't be arsed right now.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 06:20:25

At 3/11/09 11:56 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: I'm doing a little spring cleaning on the EGB forums. While they're not meant to be as active as most 'dedicated' forums, I'll be starting a lot of forum-based projects, some new and some reboots of older ideas. The Review Challenge, the State of the Portal, and the Whistle Improvement Project are among the concepts I want to retool.

Good to hear, I read some information about the Whistle Improvement Project in the EGB's private forums. I know it was pretty old but I noticed quite a few people reached a higher whistle rank, that's good to see and hopefully more people will have their whistle level raised when that project is retooled. Though, Rage's thread got locked, will the progress of the Whistle Improvement Project be affected from it?

Also I noticed the self-quoting system doesn't work, sometimes. Here is an example, it also happened with one of my post back in the days. Does it happen with you guys?

The Elite Guard Barracks

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 07:47:35

At 3/12/09 06:20 AM, sonofkirk wrote: Also I noticed the self-quoting system doesn't work, sometimes. Here is an example, it also happened with one of my post back in the days. Does it happen with you guys?

Yeah, as you can clearly see, it happened with me :P

Also, any reviews greatly appreciated for the pictured audio ;)

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 08:54:31

At 3/12/09 04:58 AM, Coop83 wrote:

If you'd have deposited every day since you signed up, you'd be almost Level 50. I've missed 6 deposits in total and I've just reached Level 41

Most of the missed deposits I have came from technical problems with my computer, especially from the first few years after I sign in.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 11:14:24

I missed lots of deposits over the two and half years absence I would have been the same level as you Coop83, with 18480 EXP and you would be Level 41. The Sledge Hammer would have been my current level. I wish I had not been away so long then still I chuffed with my level now, I think I'm getting there. I did a link to NGLog. I worked before redesign I would have been only level 14 and had the crummy Sewer Pipe which is now level 20 icon. I wish I knew what the old weapons were called any idea? I would love to know some of them.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 11:20:18

That reminds me, some of you guys are here toward the end of Xito's reign of terror, I'm sure you'll get this one.

Some of my earlier reviews were spent replying to this guy.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 13:47:37

Couple things.

First, I've gotten caught up on all of the rollcall responses so far. Anyone who answered the rollcall should have received a confirmation PM from me and find their names on this list in the appropriate category. Let me know if there are any discrepancies.

I'm glad that I got so many responses in such a short time. I'll be waiting a week before declaring members AWOL, so anyone who hasn't replied yet has plenty of time.

Next order of business: by unanimous decision (and a new record of "strongly endorse" votes), sonofkirk is re-admitted to the Barracks. Welcome back! I've re-validated your account on the forums, so you have the same access everyone else does.

At 3/12/09 06:20 AM, sonofkirk wrote: Good to hear, I read some information about the Whistle Improvement Project in the EGB's private forums. I know it was pretty old but I noticed quite a few people reached a higher whistle rank, that's good to see and hopefully more people will have their whistle level raised when that project is retooled. Though, Rage's thread got locked, will the progress of the Whistle Improvement Project be affected from it?

My ultimate goal is to have everyone in the EGB with a Deity Whistle, so we're nigh-unstoppable with flagging stolen flash and the like. I've considered setting a stronger whistle requirement for EGB membership---like Bronze or maybe Silver, instead of just "not Garbage"---but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll make a poll about it in the forums when I get some time.

We have our own version of Rage's thread on our forums, and since it's on our forums instead of Newgrounds, it's much easier to keep it neat. I've set rules for posting links to avoid making a mess or confusing people, and we can edit or delete posts/links once the abuse is gone. Right now the thread is empty, so if anyone finds a lot of abusive, post it at the forums! Be sure to follow the rules for linking, though.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 14:12:33

On that note...

All Barracks members can go to this thread to vote on whether they think the current "Normal or better" whistle requirement is good enough, or if they'd rather have the minimum whistle level (and, if so, to Bronze, Silver, or Gold).

Ain't no time limit to this, and it's really more to gauge the opinion of Barracks members than to set new policy. If the results swing hard one way or the other, though, I may go ahead and change the recruitment requirements.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 14:43:07

At 3/12/09 01:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: First, I've gotten caught up on all of the rollcall responses so far. Anyone who answered the rollcall should have received a confirmation PM from me and find their names on this list in the appropriate category. Let me know if there are any discrepancies.

Ah, it would seem that you didn't PM me about it, probably because you sent the PMs before I re-applied or when I was still "under-judgment" in the EGB forum. Therefore, send me the PM and I'll be happy to reply to it :P. By the way, I'm glad you guys accepted me again in the club, it's amazing to see I made a new record of "strongly endorse".

My ultimate goal is to have everyone in the EGB with a Deity Whistle, so we're nigh-unstoppable with flagging stolen flash and the like. I've considered setting a stronger whistle requirement for EGB membership---like Bronze or maybe Silver, instead of just "not Garbage"---but I'm not sure. Maybe I'll make a poll about it in the forums when I get some time.

Well, I think it's a good idea to rise up a bit the whistle level requirement for applying, it would allow us to know if the user who is applying knows what is flagging and how to flag flashes and reviews correctly. Therefore, I'd propose to rise the whistle requirement to Bronze. Rising it to Silver would be a bit demanding, I think. I'll take the poll and post in the appropriate thread right now.

We have our own version of Rage's thread on our forums, and since it's on our forums instead of Newgrounds, it's much easier to keep it neat. I've set rules for posting links to avoid making a mess or confusing people, and we can edit or delete posts/links once the abuse is gone.

I didn't know about that thread, I'm glad you told me about it. I was missing posting abusive reviews in the Rage's thread so I'll be sure to post my finds there.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 14:50:38

At 3/12/09 02:43 PM, sonofkirk wrote: Ah, it would seem that you didn't PM me about it, probably because you sent the PMs before I re-applied or when I was still "under-judgment" in the EGB forum. Therefore, send me the PM and I'll be happy to reply to it :P.

Yeah, I only sent it to everyone on the roster as of the last update. While it's pretty obvious that you're active, I'll go ahead and send it to you just so my records are complete.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 14:56:49

hey dudes i actually was going to start a club like this but i saw this thing and i decided to not start it so can i join this sweet club

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 14:58:46

i am actually going to join the marines next year

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 15:08:14

At 3/12/09 02:56 PM, pirogpod wrote: hey dudes i actually was going to start a club like this but i saw this thing and i decided to not start it so can i join this sweet club

Hello there! I'm the Barracks Recruitment Officer, Supreme Commander Slash Firestorm. While I'm glad to see your interest in the Elite Guard Barracks, I must regretfully inform you that you do not meet the admissions requirements.

To be considered for the Elite Guard Barracks, you must be of Private rank or higher (2500+ B/P), and have an intact whistle (Normal or higher).

Anyone over the rank of Security Guard (400+ B/P) can apply to the Newgrounds Police Headquarters, where they can work on their B/P'ing, whistling, and other skills until they reach Private.

If you have any questions about Newgrounds, the NGPD/EGB, or anything, feel free to PM me.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 16:44:57

At 3/12/09 02:12 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: On that note...

All Barracks members can go to this thread to vote on whether they think the current "Normal or better" whistle requirement is good enough, or if they'd rather have the minimum whistle level (and, if so, to Bronze, Silver, or Gold).

Silver sound good to me, when you have only a normal it means that you really have not used your whistle at all and would have a higher rate of flagging the wrong things since they don't use there whistle much. bronze is a good start but it really does not take more that a few days at best to achieve it. I can recall when i had the garbage whistle i got my self from there to bronze in only a day and then back down again, it was a long battle to get the top one but i helped out so much.

Ain't no time limit to this, and it's really more to gauge the opinion of Barracks members than to set new policy. If the results swing hard one way or the other, though, I may go ahead and change the recruitment requirements.

I would like to see the recruitment requirements be more strict because as of late i've seen so meny people get on to this list. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be on the list, but there ahve so mey new members in the past months that after a few weeks go inactive and never come back.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 17:05:25

News flash - Coop just made himself sound like a complete arse on the EGB Forums

Spot the deliberate mistake :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-12 17:23:46

At 3/12/09 05:05 PM, Coop83 wrote: News flash - Coop just made himself sound like a complete arse on the EGB Forums

Spot the deliberate mistake :P

that there is already one

the part i liked was... 'an elite group of people', i thought we already were elite XD

wow.. short post... i didn't like it very much

and the portal is so slow right now...
when do you think the portal will start getting a lot of flashes? (about June or something?)

well, I better back to studies

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 02:59:06

Requesting permission to join, sir! Not all day long on the portal, but mainly in the evening. SIR!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 03:25:24

At 3/13/09 02:59 AM, darkh wrote: Requesting permission to join, sir! Not all day long on the portal, but mainly in the evening. SIR!

Denied, civilian. To join our ranks you must be at least a Private in Blam/Protection in the Flash Portal.

Meet the FAQ, as of now, it will be your best friend.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 06:53:41

At 3/12/09 05:23 PM, aldlv wrote: and the portal is so slow right now...
when do you think the portal will start getting a lot of flashes? (about June or something?)

Idk when ever then next big day comes along or something hopefully there will be tons of flashes in the portal. But the thing about that is there will also be also of blammed flashes as well as actual good quality ones.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 14:20:33

Hi there, how was your day? I'm just stopping by there to tell you I posted some links in the Abusive Reviews Investigations Thread. I won't post here each time I post in that abusive reviews thread, I just do it for the first time hopefully people will check the thread out every now and then. I wish good luck to everyone who is on a quest of the Deity whistle :).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 14:44:14

The next big day is Pico Day, April 30. Usually quite a few awesome submissions, including staff-contributed ones, along with the usual surge in spam and non-related flashes. There are flash group holidays all over the calendar, but with more and more of the larger groups becoming defunct, few of those will be anything to be concerned about.

Anyway, the rollcall responses are coming in nicely, and I have received word that someone important might be dropping by soon. Some of the newer members might not know who he is, but we'll catch y'all up, heh.

In other news, the response to the poll on raising the whistle requirements for new recruits is rather one-sided thus far. Most votes are in favor of raising it, and most in favor of raising it think Bronze would be a fair increase. While I personally voted for Silver, I can get behind Bronze...it shows that a Newgrounder knows how to use his whistle, and use it properly, and yet is still a rather easily-attainable goal (50 whistle points is the generally-accepted guess).

So, any comments on the idea? Good idea, bad idea? And then there's the question of what to do if a prospective recruit is otherwise excellent---good B/P ratio, nice posts and helpful reviews---but has a normal whistle. We could hold off of recruitment until they've got one (which, for someone skilled, doesn't take too long), or give them some sort of boot camp/apprentice-type deal, where they're not full members until they have Bronze. Maybe Soldiers-in-training or something. I dunno.

That reminds me, I've got to re-pimp the concept of Guardsman at the NGPD as part of the Barracks restructuring...

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 15:11:41

At 3/13/09 02:20 PM, sonofkirk wrote: Hi there, how was your day? I'm just stopping by there to tell you I posted some links in the Abusive Reviews Investigations Thread. I won't post here each time I post in that abusive reviews thread, I just do it for the first time hopefully people will check the thread out every now and then. I wish good luck to everyone who is on a quest of the Deity whistle :).

Thanks for those links. This thread is a real blessing. I was really disappointed when Rage's thread went. I learnt how to use my whistle thanks to that thread.

I hope that, as I can't go out in the evenings and don't have any homework, I can make a lot of progress on the NG front this weekend. I'd like to stay up until prime time and beyond and get some B/Ping done.

I'm glad the EGB forums are becoming more active, but I hope they can become even more active, so get posted. I'd be interested in some opinions on the school shootings.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 15:13:08

Wow, hello everyone, sorry I've not been active again, I've been a little busy with some university work and other things. Then I get distracted from coming on the BBS when my mind is preoccupied with other things. Anyway, I'm stoping by to say I will try to stay more active, lol.

Pico day, I do wonder if I am going to come up with anything, I've been far too lazy flash wise this year, I haven't got a single submission yet, lol. Of course I need to put together the collab I started a few months back.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 15:18:10

At 3/13/09 02:44 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: That reminds me, I've got to re-pimp the concept of Guardsman at the NGPD as part of the Barracks restructuring...

I'm intrigued. What is this concept you speak of? Sorry for not including this in my earlier post, but I posted that one before reading this.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 15:18:16

AHEM: Reporting in for duty sirs.

Sorry as well for not coming around as I should've, but l'm gonna do my best to get back into B/Ping once I get back from vacation. <3

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 15:34:44

At 3/13/09 02:44 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Anyway, the rollcall responses are coming in nicely, and I have received word that someone important might be dropping by soon. Some of the newer members might not know who he is, but we'll catch y'all up, heh.

Not sure of what you're talking about, and probably I'm in the "newer members" category.

In other news, the response to the poll on raising the whistle requirements for new recruits is rather one-sided thus far. Most votes are in favor of raising it, and most in favor of raising it think Bronze would be a fair increase. While I personally voted for Silver, I can get behind Bronze...it shows that a Newgrounder knows how to use his whistle, and use it properly, and yet is still a rather easily-attainable goal (50 whistle points is the generally-accepted guess).

So, any comments on the idea? Good idea, bad idea? And then there's the question of what to do if a prospective recruit is otherwise excellent---good B/P ratio, nice posts and helpful reviews---but has a normal whistle. We could hold off of recruitment until they've got one (which, for someone skilled, doesn't take too long), or give them some sort of boot camp/apprentice-type deal, where they're not full members until they have Bronze. Maybe Soldiers-in-training or something. I dunno.

I think that a Bronze Whistle is good enough, at least for someone who's not in the EGB yet. After a new member joins, there will be time to work on the whistle. It's just my opinion though, if you think silver is more appropriated then I have no problem.

And if someone is a good user who deserves to be in the barracks but doesn't meet the whistle requirement, we could show them the whistle FAQ at our forums and help them improve. If someone is such a good NGer, then he/she should be a part of the EGB, but as you said, not a full member. The advancement officer could help the new person, according to the officer list in the EGB the current advancement officer is Lotus but I don't know if he still takes care of it. What a coincidence, he just posted :)

That reminds me, I've got to re-pimp the concept of Guardsman at the NGPD as part of the Barracks restructuring...

So many changes... :D

At 3/13/09 03:18 PM, Lotus wrote: AHEM: Reporting in for duty sirs.

Sorry as well for not coming around as I should've, but l'm gonna do my best to get back into B/Ping once I get back from vacation. <3

I hope you're having a great time wherever you are :D

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 18:11:44

Just got back from the dentist and saw something in the portal that sickens me, had I been there I could've stopped it.

$$%^%^&^^&&%$#@#%^&^%$$#$%^^$%^&&%

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 18:34:10

At 3/13/09 03:18 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote:
At 3/13/09 02:44 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: That reminds me, I've got to re-pimp the concept of Guardsman at the NGPD as part of the Barracks restructuring...
I'm intrigued. What is this concept you speak of? Sorry for not including this in my earlier post, but I posted that one before reading this.

Members of the NGPD can post in the Barracks regularly if they intend to join us upon reaching Private (and follow our rules when in our thread), serving as Guardsmen. They also receive posting access on the EGB forums, though they're restricted from voting in recruitment discussions and the like.

We used to have a few Guardsman, but they ranked up and joined us. I'll be trying to restart the idea when I make my next post in the NGPD.

At 3/13/09 03:34 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Not sure of what you're talking about, and probably I'm in the "newer members" category.

Hint: bird

At 3/13/09 06:11 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: Just got back from the dentist and saw something in the portal that sickens me, had I been there I could've stopped it.

If you're referring to this charming flash, reviews indicate that it was a fileswap. Alas, I didn't see it while it was UJ, so I can't verify it.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 18:44:50

It seems a new spam crew is trying to invade the portal. The [OO] i've never seen thies guys before and they have submitted 6 flashes that are all pure garbage and thanks to the portal guard i have just seen another get submitted. So guys take a look in the portal and judge for yourselfs, i think we should start taking some action soon.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 18:48:37

I seriously want to join. As some people may know, I tried to start a group to destroy all the spam on newgrounds. I was soon learned of the democracy that newgrounds seems to have. I was enlightened by SlashFirestorm. He taught me what a terrible decision I made. I want to join this group because it is a more democratic and balanced system.

Pm me if I can join.

THANK YOU SLASHFIRESTORM

DAIGON WUZ HERE