00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

axehandle-stain just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Elite Guard Barracks

3,033,357 Views | 60,969 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 18:49:36

At 3/13/09 06:44 PM, idiot-buster wrote: It seems a new spam crew is trying to invade the portal. The [OO] i've never seen thies guys before and they have submitted 6 flashes that are all pure garbage and thanks to the portal guard i have just seen another get submitted. So guys take a look in the portal and judge for yourselfs, i think we should start taking some action soon.

Yep we have to be alert tonight. I hope we can sort it out. Personally I've blammed them, but you never know how many people will just presume they'll pass. It's frustrating but all we can do is vote and hope we can make a difference.

ROOTS ROCK REGGAE

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 18:54:58

At 3/13/09 06:49 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote: Yep we have to be alert tonight. I hope we can sort it out. Personally I've blammed them, but you never know how many people will just presume they'll pass. It's frustrating but all we can do is vote and hope we can make a difference.

Get to the portal, keep watching and vote wisely. We'll see who still stands when this is over.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 19:09:30

At 3/13/09 06:49 PM, FC-Thun-Fan wrote:
At 3/13/09 06:44 PM, idiot-buster wrote: It seems a new spam crew is trying to invade the portal. The [OO] i've never seen thies guys before and they have submitted 6 flashes that are all pure garbage and thanks to the portal guard i have just seen another get submitted. So guys take a look in the portal and judge for yourselfs, i think we should start taking some action soon.
Yep we have to be alert tonight. I hope we can sort it out. Personally I've blammed them, but you never know how many people will just presume they'll pass. It's frustrating but all we can do is vote and hope we can make a difference.

Now that i look harder at them, it almost looks to be nothing short of a spamming war The [OO] vs. the [PP]. As one there submissions that somehow passed :::we all know there were some people voting high on it::: But someone should contact Wade to take better control of this before it gets out of our hands.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 19:11:38

They're not breaking any rules, just submitting questionable-quality flash. Vote how you feel and move on.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 19:14:37

At 3/13/09 06:48 PM, Daigon99 wrote: I seriously want to join. As some people may know, I tried to start a group to destroy all the spam on newgrounds. I was soon learned of the democracy that newgrounds seems to have. I was enlightened by SlashFirestorm. He taught me what a terrible decision I made. I want to join this group because it is a more democratic and balanced system.

Pm me if I can join.

THANK YOU SLASHFIRESTORM

I'm glad that I could straighten things out, but you need to be of Private rank or higher (2500+ B/P) to join the Barracks. Take that sense of fair voting and go to the Portal. When you reach Security Guard, you can apply at the Newgrounds Police Department, and eventually the EGB when you hit Private.

If you have any questions, ask them on my userpage or PM me. I'm glad to help.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 19:39:51

Regardless of whether they're rule-breaking or not, it would seem that almost all of them ended up getting blammed anyway. I also noticed when I checked the obituaries that Chris Beer's latest batch of spam flashes has been deleted, along with his account, once again. Persistent little bugger.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 19:47:50

At 3/13/09 07:39 PM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: Regardless of whether they're rule-breaking or not, it would seem that almost all of them ended up getting blammed anyway. I also noticed when I checked the obituaries that Chris Beer's latest batch of spam flashes has been deleted, along with his account, once again. Persistent little bugger.

Can't say I'm not happy about that, heh. I just didn't want the visitors to get the wrong idea about the EGB. Remember, everyone: the only enemies of the Barracks are those who break the NG rules with their submissions. Just uploading shitty flash is not a crime. Alerting us to a sudden increase in Portal activity is fine, but unless an UJ flash is violating the rules, suggesting that we should do something them is not.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 20:16:22

At 3/13/09 07:47 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Can't say I'm not happy about that, heh. I just didn't want the visitors to get the wrong idea about the EGB. Remember, everyone: the only enemies of the Barracks are those who break the NG rules with their submissions. Just uploading shitty flash is not a crime. Alerting us to a sudden increase in Portal activity is fine, but unless an UJ flash is violating the rules, suggesting that we should do something them is not.

I know they are not rule breaking, but i made my way into the [OO] forums. I did not even need to do anyting special, i just made account and i got access to almost everything not smart on there part. Well i took a screenshot a incriminating one to say the least saying that they will span the portal friday, which is today.

The Elite Guard Barracks

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 20:20:13

Well, the best thing to do in that case is to keep an eye on them, and try to be online whenever they plan another big submission-spree. If they really give a shit, though, they'll probably lock down their forums and/or post disinformation, so take anything you see with a grain of salt.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 20:45:30

The [OO] just seems like they want to make history on Newgrounds or something. A wannabee spam raider group in my opinion. The quality of their flash may not be bad but i think their intent of raiding the portal should be taken into account and because of their intent i have not voted so highly on them. I gave them mostly 1's.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 20:51:18

At 3/13/09 08:45 PM, DarkSoldier wrote: The [OO] just seems like they want to make history on Newgrounds or something. A wannabee spam raider group in my opinion. The quality of their flash may not be bad but i think their intent of raiding the portal should be taken into account and because of their intent i have not voted so highly on them. I gave them mostly 1's.

Rereading my post got me thinking that some of you may have understood by me giving them mostly 1's that i don't watch the flash. I would like to clarify and say that i do watch the flash movies but the score they would get from me is affected a lot because i don't like their intent to spam the portal and the only reason they're submitting these ok quality flash is because of that.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 21:26:51

At 3/13/09 08:20 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Well, the best thing to do in that case is to keep an eye on them, and try to be online whenever they plan another big submission-spree. If they really give a shit, though, they'll probably lock down their forums and/or post disinformation, so take anything you see with a grain of salt.

I gotta stop procrastinating on my portal watch, one of another Chris Beer's trash just slipped through and I thought the security at the movie theater is bad.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 21:41:34

I know Idiot-Finder I just checked the portal and he has made another account with the same garbage. I think its just sad he has nothing better do to then waste time with flash then get deleted. I noticed all of his other flash has gone as well as some of The OO spam group stuff in the obituaries. I did see one by them but I missed that Chris Beer one under judgment. I did not think about the whistle status but what you say SlashFirestorm sounds fair enough to me. I have got a bad feeling about the (OO) are they going do spam like FFF did? this is getting serious the portal needs defending. Good screen shot idiot-buster looks suspect there forum does.

Archer I'm a good shot!

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 23:03:40

Another spam group? Why won't stupid people stop spamming the portal? I hate seeing things like that in the portal >:(

At 3/13/09 03:34 PM, Ismael92 wrote: Not sure of what you're talking about, and probably I'm in the "newer members" category.
Hint: bird

Eagle?

Also, be sure to check out this game, it has medals!

I haven't played it yet...

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 23:20:17

Well I talked to Slash about this not too long ago and he said that I was allowed to rejoin and go through the voting system like a new member. If some people don't remember or weren't around when it happened I submitted 7 (I think) spam flashes to the portal and got a lot of shit from the club for it. I thought of it as a joke, but shortly afterward realized that one submission was a joke and 7 submissions was spam. I then willingly left the club to give myself some time to work things out.

I would like to rejoin this club. Not only did I remove every spam submission that I have I know for a fact that some of the members know that I'm now working on legitimate flash and really working hard on it.

I'm an honest voter and reviewer and have worked hard to stop award stealing throughout the weeks. I even found one in time to have all of the reviews deleted and shortly after the submission itself was deleted.

Either way I respect your guy's opinions. Thanks for your time.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 23:36:36

At 3/13/09 03:34 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/13/09 03:18 PM, Lotus wrote: AHEM: Reporting in for duty sirs.
Sorry as well for not coming around as I should've, but l'm gonna do my best to get back into B/Ping once I get back from vacation. <3
I hope you're having a great time wherever you are :D

Hehe, I don't leave just yet but I'm venturing off to Paris, IL for a nice eight day vacation pretty soon. Until then though, I won't be of much use since I'm working a lot to save up some cash and all for the trip.

I will be back soon after though, just gotta get a break from girl troubles, worries, woes, and the such for a while, have a nice trip, and then come back to a fresh start in a sense.. I think it will do me good. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-13 23:46:43

At 3/13/09 11:20 PM, Corky52 wrote: Well I talked to Slash about this not too long ago and he said that I was allowed to rejoin and go through the voting system like a new member. If some people don't remember or weren't around when it happened I submitted 7 (I think) spam flashes to the portal and got a lot of shit from the club for it. I thought of it as a joke, but shortly afterward realized that one submission was a joke and 7 submissions was spam. I then willingly left the club to give myself some time to work things out.

I would like to rejoin this club. Not only did I remove every spam submission that I have I know for a fact that some of the members know that I'm now working on legitimate flash and really working hard on it.

I'm an honest voter and reviewer and have worked hard to stop award stealing throughout the weeks. I even found one in time to have all of the reviews deleted and shortly after the submission itself was deleted.

Either way I respect your guy's opinions. Thanks for your time.

Good. We need more members like you in the club.

But would you be willing to pledge or promise not to make the same mistakes again? Not to be an ass, but this is a pretty prestigous organization. We still have honor.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 02:27:24

***IMPORTANT***

While I know everyone here understands the rules of the Barracks, we're under increased observation lately, largely due to increased anti-spam groups and my efforts to teach them how to properly help clean up the Portal. I do not want any observers to even think we condone mass-voting, and some of the talk lately, without the context of our history, could give that false impression.

Users like Chris Beer and HENTUX have been banned and deleted multiple times, and yes, a great deal of their flash is rulebreaking. If the Elite Guard Barracks had real "enemies", rulebreakers like them would fit the bill. However, they are still entitled to the fair voting and presumption of innocence that all flash authors receive from us.

If they submit a flash that breaks no rules, don't mention it unless it's already passed or been blammed. We don't need any warnings; any EGB'ers currently online are smart enough to check the Portal and vote on their own.

If they submit a rulebreaking flash, alert the Barracks with links and the reasons why it's whistle-worthy. Be certain of your claims, though; if you're not certain, provide the evidence you have, and others will investigate.

If they fileswap something post-judgment, inform the Barracks and PM Wade. The reason you should inform the EGB in this situation is so that only one person contacts the admins; whoever posts the alert is in charge of follow-up unless a senior EGB member offers to do it themselves.

So no more "alert, crap in the Portal", kay? It gives off the wrong impression, especially when I'm linking the EGB to confused newbies who are trying to understand why they shouldn't mass-vote on shit flash. Even if a notorious rulebreaker like Chris Beer submits, only alert the Barracks if they've done something rulebreaking.

Now, with that out of the way...

At 3/13/09 11:20 PM, Corky52 wrote: I would like to rejoin this club. Not only did I remove every spam submission that I have I know for a fact that some of the members know that I'm now working on legitimate flash and really working hard on it.

Indeed, you have certainly improved enough to warrant a re-evaluation. Barracks members can go to the appropriate thread for discussion and voting. Remember that you must be signed in to view/post, and speak now or forever hold your peace.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 04:41:27

Yeah i noticed that this Penguin Posse could become a new spam group made up by this crisbeer person. But there was two in the portal by him they where pointless and where almost identical. Adn i blew my whistle on one of them but blammed them both.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 07:01:37

At 3/14/09 02:27 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: So no more "alert, crap in the Portal", kay?

Understood.

Basically, all members are under their own influence as to what to vote on a movie or game as it is submitted.

After all, personally, I vote 0 on Waterlollies every day with one of my accounts, as it's far too lame to still be up there with the best movies on the portal. The other Brackenwood movies have their place up there, but Waterlollies just isn't as good, to be honest.

I can't influence you guys to go out there and vote 0 on that movie - hell, I've probably influenced some of you to go out there and 5 it, just to spite me.

Just consider the movie that you watch and all of it's merits and flaws before you vote, it's worth a lot more than that.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 08:17:24

This flash just passed, and with an astonishingly high score for a spam flash this crap (well over 2.0). However, so far it only has 4 reviews, but the review score is currently 9.0/10. While it is a long way from being in the region to steal Underdog/RCP, I'd still recommend some surveillance in case a flurry of alt mass-reviewing occurs once it drops off the page.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 08:33:51

At 3/14/09 02:27 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: While I know everyone here understands the rules of the Barracks, we're under increased observation lately, largely due to increased anti-spam groups and my efforts to teach them how to properly help clean up the Portal. I do not want any observers to even think we condone mass-voting, and some of the talk lately, without the context of our history, could give that false impression.

Yes, I also saw some threads in the C&C and the Wi/Ht? forums some threads which titles were something like "Tired of spam?" or stuff like that. Those threads clearly aimed to have more people voting zero on each submission by a spam group even if it wasn't rule-breaking. I was glad to see you posted in those threads to teach them how to clean the Portal. Also, I think I'll provide a link to your two PSA about mass-voting and award stealing next time I see that kind of thread.

At 3/13/09 11:20 PM, Corky52 wrote: I would like to rejoin this club. Not only did I remove every spam submission that I have I know for a fact that some of the members know that I'm now working on legitimate flash and really working hard on it.

I'm so happy to have you back around here and to see you applied back just after me, like you said me on AIM. I'm pretty confident you will be accepted so I hope we both will enjoy our stay around here :).

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 08:34:00

At 3/14/09 08:17 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 6947
This flash just passed, and with an astonishingly high score for a spam flash this crap (well over 2.0). However, so far it only has 4 reviews, but the review score is currently 9.0/10. While it is a long way from being in the region to steal Underdog/RCP, I'd still recommend some surveillance in case a flurry of alt mass-reviewing occurs once it drops off the page.

I think they are trying to steal Review Crew Pick, hopefully my review gave them a little set back.
Hey Chris Beer might actually take into consideration my points, but I highly doubt it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 10:16:27

At 3/13/09 11:36 PM, Lotus wrote:
At 3/13/09 03:34 PM, Ismael92 wrote:
At 3/13/09 03:18 PM, Lotus wrote: AHEM: Reporting in for duty sirs.
Sorry as well for not coming around as I should've, but l'm gonna do my best to get back into B/Ping once I get back from vacation. <3
I hope you're having a great time wherever you are :D
Hehe, I don't leave just yet but I'm venturing off to Paris, IL for a nice eight day vacation pretty soon. Until then though, I won't be of much use since I'm working a lot to save up some cash and all for the trip.

I will be back soon after though, just gotta get a break from girl troubles, worries, woes, and the such for a while, have a nice trip, and then come back to a fresh start in a sense.. I think it will do me good. :)

Woah Paris must be great, I wish I can visit it one day... Have a good time, and bring us a present or something!

At 3/14/09 02:27 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: So no more "alert, crap in the Portal", kay?

OK, I haven't done that before but I couldn't agree with you more, people could think we're trying to mass vote submissions.

At 3/14/09 07:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: After all, personally, I vote 0 on Waterlollies every day with one of my accounts, as it's far too lame to still be up there with the best movies on the portal. The other Brackenwood movies have their place up there, but Waterlollies just isn't as good, to be honest.

In my opinion, the YuYu is much better, I love that movie. The music is great and so is the animation.

At 3/14/09 08:17 AM, RohantheBarbarian wrote: However, so far it only has 4 reviews, but the review score is currently 9.0/10.

The review score has been lowered, but I may leave a review for it later, just in case.

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 12:53:45

This has lived long enough.

Penis

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 13:52:43

Question:

How is one supposed to vote on a submission like this:

On one hand, this is an pretty big thing by the NG crew and I can see why it's so popular, but this to me personally is a terrible entry and not even a FLASh product. Not only this, but "It's A Tank" irritates me, because they're technically "good" videos, but they are not flash and I'm not sure if they belong on this site.

So, what's the official EGB stance on this?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 14:47:10

At 3/14/09 01:52 PM, puddinN64 wrote: Question:

How is one supposed to vote on a submission like this:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 6001
On one hand, this is an pretty big thing by the NG crew and I can see why it's so popular, but this to me personally is a terrible entry and not even a FLASh product. Not only this, but "It's A Tank" irritates me, because they're technically "good" videos, but they are not flash and I'm not sure if they belong on this site.

So, what's the official EGB stance on this?

there is nothing in the terms of service or the rules for uploading that says that what you upload needs to be made in Flash. In fact, numa numa - a live-action video of a fat dude spazzing out started on NG, not youtube, and became an internet fad. There are other examples of people uploading stop-motion claymation to the portal. If these things didn't belong on the site, there would be an option to flag them as "not flash" in the judgment phase. Remember, NG has been around a lot longer than youtube, so its not like people are uploading videos to the wrong website.

As long as it is a .swf file, you are able to upload it to the site.

Also, Please don't feed the trolls by replying to chris beers if he posts in here with his new account or not. yes, he is antagonizing you guys, but I had to delete a couple of posts in here just now because you replied to him. unfortunately I need to leave one of hentux's posts to ban him, and since this is his only post..well, that's how the cookie crumbles. Just pretend it's not there, k?

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic byTemplate88 ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 14:58:47

At 3/14/09 12:27 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: yeah, i always try to vote that crap a '0'. i like what you guys are doing here, keep it up. and i think it would be dumb if wade deleted an alt account of someone just trying to keep the portal free of spam.

Personally, I think Wade should delete every single alt connected with a rulebreaking spammer, along with warning co-authors to be careful who they become Portal Buddies with, lest they get deleted too.

At 3/14/09 12:53 PM, Zacht3hking wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 5645
This has lived long enough.

Perhaps you should read my posts a bit more carefully. We're not a mass voting club. If you don't like that flash, then go ahead and vote zero on it, but there's nothing that can be done about it, as it's passed judgment. It'll be here forever unless the author is deleted.

Click the two links in my signature and give both PSA's a good read.

At 3/14/09 01:52 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, what's the official EGB stance on this?

The EGB doesn't have a stance on it; like everything else, it's up to the individual user. Technically it IS a flash, as it's in .swf format (and likely edited in Adobe Flash, even if it is live action). Furthermore, since it's Tom's website, he can put up whatever the hell he wants.

The question is whether or not live action belongs on Newgrounds. Claymation and other stopmotion clearly is permitted, but most normal, Youtube-like shit gets blammed just fine (though it's not technically against any rules). Tom has hinted at a "video portal", so perhaps that's where such things would go. Personally, I have no problem with that as long as it stays the fuck out of the Flash Portal, lol.

I, myself, don't bind myself to one set of guidelines for voting. If anyone else submitted a live-action video of themselves, I'd vote zero because it's lame. But this was the Tank Awards, a major event on Newgrounds, and for that purpose, it was pretty swell.

At 3/14/09 02:47 PM, Malachy wrote: As long as it is a .swf file, you are able to upload it to the site.

Indeed.

Also, Please don't feed the trolls by replying to chris beers if he posts in here with his new account or not.

Listen to the kind mod, he speaks truth. Ignore any spammers and go about your business. If they persist in voting, a senior member will PM a mod about it and it'll be taken care of without clogging up the thread with bickering.

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 15:02:40

At 3/14/09 02:58 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Listen to the kind mod, he speaks truth. Ignore any spammers and go about your business. If they persist in voting, a senior member will PM a mod about it and it'll be taken care of without clogging up the thread with bickering.

*posting, not voting. asdffd

Bleh.

Anyway, FC-Thun-Fan brought up an interesting idea in the forums. We could have an agreement with the NGPD, where they require a Bronze Whistle or higher for entry, and we require Silver, so users have to keep improving as they go. Sound like a good idea? If it's well-received, I'll talk to Tails about it (along with the Guardsman stuff).

Slash's call

was absorbed

by the darkness.

BBS Signature

Response to The Elite Guard Barracks 2009-03-14 15:18:40

At 3/14/09 03:02 PM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Anyway, FC-Thun-Fan brought up an interesting idea in the forums. We could have an agreement with the NGPD, where they require a Bronze Whistle or higher for entry, and we require Silver, so users have to keep improving as they go. Sound like a good idea? If it's well-received, I'll talk to Tails about it (along with the Guardsman stuff).

I think that sounds like a good plan so in time they can become a better user overal and not just get in here because they have a high amount of blams. Someone could just sit infrot of there computer blamming everying for 2 weeks and at about the 50-100 blammed submissins a day thay can get far. I'll endorce this idea because we are now making people make better posts higher whistle and someone with a decent save/blam ratio.

BBS Signature