00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PetrifiedPancake just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bass guitar Club

50,160 Views | 443 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-15 14:25:03

My favourite bassist is by far Cliff Burton. He just looks ace and is ace too.

Oh and my friend is interested in buying a bass and wants the one Cliff uses.

Aria Pro II. We've looked everywhere but can't find one. Are they still in production?

And the guy who said about the picks. I totally agree, picks are pathetic. When I use a pick on my bass I feel like a girl....when I use my fingers I feel manlier and also I feel like I'm actually using my talent. Since the right hand is needed to be skilled the most on a bass (or left is your left handed).

And what annoys me about todays music, is that you can't hear the bass in any of the songs, and the bassist does nothing. In the last few decades in bands like Led Zeppelin, R.A.T.M. you can hear the bass well (even though the bassist isn't the most glamourous member).

And in bands like Queen and R.H.C.P. the bassist is so important is unbelievable (Flea bass is mixed higher than Frusiante's guitar). And some of the best Queen songs have been pretty much based around a John Deacon bass line (Under Pressure, Another One Bites The Dust).

Now what made me realise this was when I heard My Chemical Romance and The Used cover Queen's 'Under Pressure' and I could hardly hear the bass - even at the times when it should just be the bass playing.

So I've come to the conclusion that bassist's now-a-days do nothing but add to the bands image. They don't need a bassist. They only have them cause Led Zeppelin etc had bassists. Its pathetic and I don't know why bassists put up with it. Just fucking quit and start your own career - if you're a good bassist and not someone who's with some old friends with talent (I use the word 'talent' loosely when talking about new bands).

Anyways thats my rant over - and I think this is my longest post to date :P. This shoulda been my 2000th post, but I never knew I'd write so much so I wasted it in the Cam-Whore Crew (Blatant advertising).

Oh and has anybody heard Muse's bassist. I dunno his name, but I was watching a live DVD my mate lent me and his fingers were smoking. I was mega amazed. (Check out 'Plug In Baby' and 'Time Is Running Out' for some of his best basslines....that come to my head, I'll watch it all and report if there are any other songs worth checking out).

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-15 14:51:39

i totaly agree woith u no one ever pays atention to the bassist in my view of bands worked out like this
everyone hates the bassist
the lead singers full of himself
the lead guitarst gets to much focus
and the drumer has a inferotry complex from been at the back so much

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-15 21:56:07

At 6/15/05 11:19 AM, Lost_Chances wrote: the guy with the "gothic" bass guitar is sad. i mean, why the hell does anyone get them? they look tacky and crap. if i had a digital cam, i would show what my bass looks like, it's hawt. a £200 or £400 well spent...

so..what kinda guitar is it?
its a "bass guitar!!! HAWT!!!"?
or, maybe, all you know about it is that it costs something between 2 and 400 pounds?
but actually, youre not really sure about that either...
so, since you dont have this digital cam, why don't you go play your expensive bass by yourself instead of mocking other people cus of what they think...
i bet that sad "gothic" guitar pwns youre "somewhere between 2 and 400£ bass, with no name" bass...

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-15 22:14:35

Hi there.

Would you mind me joining your club? :D

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-16 16:01:44

At 6/15/05 10:14 PM, BazookaNinja wrote: Hi there.

Would you mind me joining your club? :D

of course not ^^
welcum.
just tell about your axe and stuff ;)

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-16 16:50:04

At 6/15/05 09:56 PM, BozoHimself wrote: i bet that sad "gothic" guitar pwns youre "somewhere between 2 and 400£ bass, with no name" bass...

Very true. I mean £200 to £400 is mega vague. Since beginner guitars start at £200. And £400 is like the exit of intermediate. So there are hundreds of basses in that price range. Plus any guitar more than £200 should have a mark saying who's it's manufacturer. Simple look at the head stock and it'll be there.

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-16 16:59:57

Im trying to play the Super Mario Bros. Theme by Mr. Bungle right now. Its so hard. :|

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-16 17:03:55

Oh, im sorry.

My "axe" is a Fender Squier Precision Bass. :D

I think its this one...

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-16 17:06:58

At 6/16/05 05:03 PM, BazookaNinja wrote: I think its this one...

Yeah thats a Precision. I think they're okay. But I prefer Jazz from the Fender range. But I hate the Fender headstocks. They're almost as big at the body and its just un-nessecary.

Also I love the Epiphone Thunderbird. But it also has a huge headstock and it just ruins it.

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-24 18:52:35

Currently i have a yammaha rbx 760, Ibanez soundgear 300, an amp wich is a Marshall b150 and a double bass for acoustics. My Favorite bass player would definatly be Matt Freeman form Rancid.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-24 18:56:19

Hey fella's. Do any of you know any companies that make large bass amps but as a cheap price. But still with good quality.

Cause my band has found a place to practice, and my friend has this HUGE amp to use (his dads.....about 100W, maybe more). So I need a bass amp to rival this amp.

Anyone able to recommend any brands?

Moneys not really an option as me and a friend can go 50/50 but the cheaper the better.

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-24 19:34:38

At 6/24/05 06:56 PM, GibSGWearsPants wrote: Anyone able to recommend any brands?

Moneys not really an option as me and a friend can go 50/50 but the cheaper the better.

personally I'd go with the new fender bassman, i got a 60 watt one and it puts out some power, sadly i need a bigger one already. the price is alright, i got mine for sale at $200 the newer ones could be a little more pricey.

Never pick a fight you can't bring a hand grenade to.

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-25 06:35:15

Hey I found this.

Crate amp

I've heard they're pretty good amps (Crate). Plus its pretty cheap (I could get it with 5 full days work). And the shop that sells it is like an hour drive from my house. So I don't need to order it.

My next bass

And that is the bass I hope to get next. It looks ace in my opinon. And I love everything about it. Great headstock, nice tuning, beautiful body....its almosy perfect (and its got 24 frets). (It'll take me 7 days work to afford, so with 12 days work I could get both).

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-25 08:36:05

sorry i havn't been posting here for a while. whats everyone talking about?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-25 08:56:41

At 6/25/05 08:36 AM, L_C_Wears_Pants wrote: sorry i havn't been posting here for a while. whats everyone talking about?

Basses....duh!

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-25 12:33:25

At 6/25/05 08:56 AM, GibSGWearsPants wrote:
At 6/25/05 08:36 AM, L_C_Wears_Pants wrote: sorry i havn't been posting here for a while. whats everyone talking about?
Basses....duh!

no shit fuck face, i meant presificly, what about basses?

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-06-27 21:25:54

no shit fuck face, i meant presificly, what about basses?

Why not read back over starting from your last post and you will find out what is being said here

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-21 19:56:01

I'll join. Good ol' Ramagi kindly redirected me to this club. :)
I have been playing the stand-up bass for about 5 years. And a couple years ago, got an interest in playing the electric bass. So, my parents bought me one for Christmas, a fretless one, mind you. ;]

As of right now, I own a 1939 King bass, made in Cleveland. This one's a stand-up for those of you who don't know what brand King is. And I have a blue rogue sitting a few feet away from the computer desk.

So, whaddya say, may I join?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-21 20:35:59

Hey, I don't have a bass, but I play Stand-Up Bass and I can play Electric Bass, but I play stand-up bass more and better. I'd like to join. My favorite bassists are Cliff Burton, Les Claypool, Geezer Butler, Shavo Odjain, and Brandon Cruz (bassist of Dead Kennedys)

"I must look really green to you, pal"

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 08:00:34

hey can i join?
ive got a cruiser by crafter bass and my favorite bassist is probably flea from R.H.C.P.

Bass guitar Club

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 08:16:22

fuck yeah sign me in, after all i'm the will be greatest bassist in the world! I play a crappy peavy, but when in the shop i usually play a epiphone thunderbird or a presision.
I can slap, altho not that good... I own a boss bass overdrive pedal(odb3) and my fav bassists are flea and on second place duff mckagan(the dude from velvet revolver).. He(flea) is problably the best in the world

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 08:21:42

At 8/23/05 08:16 AM, Steijn wrote:

He(flea) is problably the best in the world

agreed. his bass line are immense i wonder if he writes them himself?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 08:27:20

I believe that my favorite bassist in the world is probably Chris Squire from Yes. That's probably because Yes is my favorite band in the world. But, Chris' stle is my favorite.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 08:29:57

hahaha wicked a bassist club, Hey I'm Jesse Ray been playing bass for a year and have a sick ibanez.

BBS Signature

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 08:38:22

so am i in then? if so what number am i?

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 09:34:21

i currently play a fender P
my dream bass is a gibson t-bird, im saving up the $1500
im not sure if cliff or flea is my favorite
but i would love to join your little club

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-23 10:14:49

damn i love this club.. Just created an ode in the form of a new sig!!^^(ok i suck at sigmaking)
By the way i yust learned some songs: RHCP-knock me down(I can slap it completely!!) and Guns n Roses-paradise city.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-24 15:14:11

anyone goin' to post here or what? Well, to be on topic.. I popped my finger open today.

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-24 15:28:30

I'm a Bass Guitarist ^^

Response to Bass guitar Club 2005-08-24 16:29:47

Ahhh, the lifestyle of a bassist. Long hair, an army issued parachute bag gone backpack, and parachute pants. I love it. :)