00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

EggSmash just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

April Award Winners

19,078 Views | 142 Replies
Respond to this Topic

April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:00:29

The top five prize winning contributors for April have been selected by our panel of judges! Each of these authors will receive $250, an award certificate and a Newgrounds t-shirt! The first place winner will also receive some bonus items, including The Red Ninja for XBOX or PS2, a CD by Ice Cream Creatures and the "Alert" DVD by Jim Ether! We are always looking for promotional giveaway items, so contact me if you are in the promotions business and want to donate some goods for future prizes!

With no further ado, the top five submissions for April are:

1. A Men's Room Monologue
2. Las aventuras de Mr.Coo
3. The Child That Smelt Odd
4. The Non-Livingstons #001
5. Kitten Cannon!

Some of you may have noticed that Kitten Cannon was nominated two months in a row. It had been submitted at the end of March and slipped through onto both months. We have fixed the issue that caused this to happen, but have decided Kitten Cannon still deserves a prize as it was selected by the users and didn't win last month. This sort of thing won't happen again, so please no complaints or ill-will. The next runner up was StickRPG *Complete*, a finished version of a great game previously submitted to NG. I decided to not meddle with anything and just stick with the winners selected by the users.

The randomly selected voter of the month and winner of $100 is Ed-Lindahl! Sorry, Ed-Lindahl doesn't have any BBS posts to look up, but he has written reviews and is a very active voter. Congrats to all the winners!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:01:06

That's SO COOL!

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:03:57

Wow. I'd Sure love to be a Voting Guy who...gets to vote on that stuff.
Anyway, Congrats to those entries.

Scumbag Blues.

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:05:00

I figured that "A Men's Room Monologue" would be on the list somewhere. Congrat's to all.

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:06:56

Lucky for them, I didn't even vote for those ones. Maybe next month I'll help make someone richer.

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:09:56

Great winners this month, although I still can't figure out why I wasn't able to vote. Men's Room Monologue was a great movie, and Las aventuras de Mr.Coo was probrably the smoothest movie I've ever seen. Congrats to all the winners!

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:10:41

I wish I didnt suck at making flash...but cool for the people who won

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:12:27

Las aventuras de Mr.Coo is a great cartoon.
High quality animation, very light-hearted, no cheap video game or Matrix references. TV worthy.

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:15:23

At 5/11/05 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: 1. A Men's Room Monologue
2. Las aventuras de Mr.Coo
3. The Child That Smelt Odd
5. Kitten Cannon!

Cool, pretty much what I thought was gonna happen except I thought Stick RPG would win an award too. Mens room monologue is a surprise to me, it was a great flash but I didn't think it would win an award never mind #1!

Congrats to all winners, and I can't wait until I can vote!

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:23:36

At 5/11/05 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: The randomly selected voter of the month and winner of $100 is Ed-Lindahl!

Dammit I didnt win. I could've used that 100 bucks.

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:29:15

5. Kitten Cannon!

when The Non-Livingstons #001 it sends me to Kitten Cannon!

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:29:41

Lol. For the first time there's a flash i voted for in the montly top5. It's on the 5th place though, but atleast it's in the list. :)

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:30:14

Seems like a pretty worthy 5.

Congrats Ed-Lindahl!

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:32:36

Cool - congrats to the winzors.

I really could do with 250 dollars =[

Minds shall break and bring a bright sky.

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:34:18

Only Kitten-Cannon I didn't vote for. Can't remember the order in which I voted but that's still 4 out 5.

No more fucking moving .gifs? WHAT THE HELL. FUCK YOU.

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:34:20

Mens room definitly deserved #1...congrats to all

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:40:02

No one I voted for in the list this time, congrats to all the winners!

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 10:47:47

Congrats Ed-Lindahl. and congrats to all the winners.

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 11:14:32

congrats

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 11:18:54

What place did "The adventures of blobbob" make? And "Lord of the hidden rings"?
I wish I could have gotten me some cash >:(

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 11:34:31

Congratulations to all the winners! I was hoping Sloppy Fight 2 would win but anyway, I'm pleased enough that it got nominated :D

It would be interesting to see how many votes the submisions that didn't win got.

Congrats again to the winners!

instagram.com/000eyes

andrewkenstewart.com - Original Art and Prints

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 12:01:08

Awesome! I'm glad home made movies keep winning rather than ones produced by companies. Not that I hate companies making flash, it's just more indie. Congrats winners. OMGKITTYCANON!

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 12:05:52

wow,that really was unexpected,the only one out of the winning 5 i picked was the non-livingstons,oh well congrats to the lucky winners ^_^

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 12:18:00

Congrats to the April's winners !

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 12:27:01

I'm personally a bit upset that Kitten Cannon won.

I certainly DID notice that it was on the list for last month. It had it's shot there and COMPLETELY failed to win. I'm not even a voter and I knew it. How did the people that picked it this month and who were in a better position then I to remember that it was on last month's list (as most would have had the chance to vote on it then) justify picking it again when there are so many worthy choices? This isn't some school special where if at first you don't succeed. Try, try again. I mean sure, it would have some hard core support from people that thought it was robbed lat time around, you expect that sort of thing but it would need MUCH more then that in order to get 5th place and I don't understand how KC got it.

I guess I can understand Tom's position and at least the problem is being fixed so it doesn't happen again but it just doesn't feel right to me. The creator of KC should do the right thing, refuse the prize and let StickRPG have it because THIS submission was genuinly robbed of it's place.

Other then that, congratulations to the winners. I was particularly pleased to see Men's Room Monologue win. That would have been my choice.

On an different note. It's impressive that KC, a game that was released at the beginning of the month would have legs and make it to the end. That shows that it doesn't matter when you release it. If it's quality, it will rise to the top.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 12:31:16

last month was so frickin hard to vote on the top 5, but looks like some others got shafted this month, but the top 2k voted so...no complaints...congrast to the winners...

well, like, you couldn't, like, find it because, like, you're dumb, god

Follow me on twitter :3

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 12:44:47

At 5/11/05 11:34 AM, AKS9 wrote: Congratulations to all the winners! I was hoping Sloppy Fight 2 would win but anyway, I'm pleased enough that it got nominated :D

It would be interesting to see how many votes the submisions that didn't win got.

Congrats again to the winners!

i was hoping too, since sloppy fight 1 got me a protect point!

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 13:11:27

i wish i could produce decent flash but congrats to all those who won

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 14:15:04

Yay David Firth got another monthly winner. This time third place, last time he won he got fourth place. I think it deserves first though. When is he coming out with another Salad Fingers. Also the Non Livingstons were really good.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to April Award Winners 2005-05-11 14:37:48

At 5/11/05 10:00 AM, TomFulp wrote: The randomly selected voter of the month and winner of $100 is Ed-Lindahl!

Just curious, if I deposit 30 times in a month, say last month, what odds would I get? Considering that tens or even hundreds of thousands dont deposit anymore, and some people deposit 30 times, some less, I'm just curious. I'm prepared to wait it out. :)

BBS Signature