00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

English Gentleman's Club

339,595 Views | 6,660 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 15:14:45

At 1/29/05 03:09 PM, -StormWolf- wrote: Well done chaps. We have broken the number of users online, you can now all get off ones lawn.
Jeeves get my super-size brandy glass.

one ahd completly forgotten about the record attempt. tis lucky I signed in when I did :P To think I thought my life would be a waste but I am now a part of one of the most important thigns to happen to the NG BBS this year.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 16:37:49

At 1/29/05 03:14 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: one ahd completly forgotten about the record attempt. tis lucky I signed in when I did :P To think I thought my life would be a waste but I am now a part of one of the most important thigns to happen to the NG BBS this year.

Indeed, we managed to make a spiffing and wizard 315 user. We really did blow the recorded of 286 out of the water.
This calls for a brandy and drunken dancing.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 16:41:01

At 1/29/05 04:37 PM, -StormWolf- wrote: This calls for a brandy and drunken dancing.

one shall happily watch you dane drunkenly old bean but one shall refrain form partaking of alcohol tonigh i think.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 16:49:50

At 1/29/05 04:41 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: one shall happily watch you dane drunkenly old bean but one shall refrain form partaking of alcohol tonigh i think.

Why is that old bean......I mean aprt from you being underage? Anyone one has to make space for our world wide booze cruise. What countries have we got to go to?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 16:53:02

At 1/29/05 04:49 PM, -StormWolf- wrote: Why is that old bean......I mean aprt from you being underage? Anyone one has to make space for our world wide booze cruise. What countries have we got to go to?

im not in the correct frame of mind.....I saw my father today and whenever I se ehiM I end up swearing off booze for about a week ot so.

We have to go to france,Italy,russia,Scotland,Ireland and anywhewre else we happen to find on the way/

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 16:58:07

At 1/29/05 04:53 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: We have to go to france,Italy,russia,Scotland,Ireland and anywhewre else we happen to find on the way/

I think we need to go to the states for some jack and southern, Japan for their rice wine, and maybe even Germany if you like there beer. Its not as good as English.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 16:59:46

At 1/29/05 04:58 PM, -StormWolf- wrote: I think we need to go to the states for some jack and southern, Japan for their rice wine, and maybe even Germany if you like there beer. Its not as good as English.

hmmmm ok then they are added to the list.................anywhere else? or is that it?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 17:49:59

At 1/29/05 05:57 AM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: I know what you mena you just cnat get good alcohol if it isnt from the source........wheres the best palce to get whiskey then? Scotland Or Irlenad? my History teacher insists that Whiskey is an Irish drink but I though it was scottish can anyone enlighten me?

Okay, the best whiskey in the world comes from Scotland. No questions, old boy. The scots know far too much about it for their own good.

Irish Whiskey is good, but not as good, in one's opinion. The national drink of Eire is Guinness, so we shall add that to the list. Also, Sambuca from Spain and Tequilla from Mexico.

One's father informs one to pop along to Canada and pick up some Molson, as that is the best of the 'American gnat's piss' to drink.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-29 18:06:21

At 1/29/05 10:18 AM, Tvmorbid wrote: Hello chaps, just popped in to see what you old boys where chatting about and so far one has seen Discworld, alchoholic beverages and war mongering! One must say that this all seems jolly good fun and is there any chance one could join this fine establishment?

Of course you may. Please come in, have a seat, a cup of tea and some crumpets. Jeeves will take your coat and see to your every need, old chap.

Anyone for a game of snooker? One's table has been re-felted and is now absolutely spiffing.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 06:21:31

At 1/29/05 06:06 PM, Coop83 wrote: Anyone for a game of snooker?

One can one play snooker. Watching it is so boring, same goes for darts. One might not be good at playing them, but still better than watching.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 06:27:34

At 1/30/05 06:21 AM, -StormWolf- wrote: One can one play snooker. Watching it is so boring, same goes for darts. One might not be good at playing them, but still better than watching.

Darts boring? I beg to differ! Darts ids a fantsatic game. how cna yu call it boring.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 06:47:16

At 1/30/05 06:27 AM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Darts boring? how cna yu call it boring.

It very easy old bean. One forces air out of ones lungs and uses ones vocal cords and mouth to form words.
Darts is boring to watch, but good to play in ones view.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 15:39:02

At 1/30/05 06:27 AM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Darts boring? I beg to differ! Darts ids a fantsatic game. how cna yu call it boring.

Darts is a fantastic game, once you learn to throw on the out breath, which increases your accuracy. (Army technique for shooting.)

One has spent one's first session in the nets today, getting ready for the new cricket season.

Talking of cricket...

First one day international, Johannesburg
50 Overs

South Africa 175-9 (50 Overs)
England 103-3 (25.1 Overs)
England won by 26 runs (Duckworth-Lewis Method)

Ashley Giles was England's hero today, on a rain-shortened first one dayer. The England spinner returned figures of 3-18 from seven overs. England's attack was started when Michael Vaughan won the toss and elected to field. We were soon rewarded, as Darren Gough and Matt Hoggard reduced the South Africans to 19-3. Kabir Ali stepped in and took the key wickets of Kallis and Prince, and when all three bowlers finished their stints with two wicket each, we were looking in control.

England's innings looked shaky at the start, with Trescothick, Jones and Strauss falling relatively cheaply, leaving us 44-3. Michael Vaughan (44*) and Kevin Pietersen (22*) steereing us toward home, when the rain came down. Our higher run rate meant that when play was abandoned for the day, England were awarded the win.

We now lead the series 1-0, with six more to play.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 15:45:32

bah. Stupid 6th form interviews. I have to fill out a form and say what i wanna do for a career when i have no idea. :-(

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:00:09

At 1/30/05 03:45 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: bah. Stupid 6th form interviews. I have to fill out a form and say what i wanna do for a career when i have no idea. :-(

Then say that you are unsure of your future, but two years in 6th Form will help you to 'obtain a clearer picture of how I wish to use my life.'

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:15:47

At 1/30/05 04:00 PM, Coop83 wrote: Then say that you are unsure of your future, but two years in 6th Form will help you to 'obtain a clearer picture of how I wish to use my life.'

problem is what I take for A levels will effetc what I can study at Uni and if Ive got the worng courses then I might not get the job I want.....dman the educatioN! Why must they make me make choices so young!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now Ive got that out my system isanyone up for tennis? After that aussie being beatne in his home country at the aussie open Im in the mood for a rousing game of doubles!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:22:49

At 1/30/05 04:15 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Now Ive got that out my system isanyone up for tennis? After that aussie being beatne in his home country at the aussie open Im in the mood for a rousing game of doubles!

Well, one has suffered a slight injury, due to the cricket practise. I took a cricket ball on the shin, as I was waiting to bowl. It doesn't hurt that much, but if I try to use it for running on or even just standing, I get a shot of pain. I'll take a raincheck on that, old boy.

This does not affect the plan for Wednesday, by the way. We shall still be there, as planned.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:25:19

At 1/30/05 04:22 PM, Coop83 wrote: This does not affect the plan for Wednesday, by the way. We shall still be there, as planned.

good lad :P one can not wait to deliver those frogs a jolly beating as we steal all their liquor in our jounrye across the world :P

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:28:26

At 1/30/05 04:25 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: good lad :P one can not wait to deliver those frogs a jolly beating as we steal all their liquor in our jounrye across the world :P

Good news! We have managed to requisition a Chinook from the Paras also.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:30:03

At 1/30/05 04:28 PM, Coop83 wrote: Good news! We have managed to requisition a Chinook from the Paras also.

absoltuly spiffing! One is most excited about wednesday!

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:34:24

At 1/30/05 04:30 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: absoltuly spiffing! One is most excited about wednesday!

Well prepared, plus the element of surprise. The frogs won't know what hit them!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:35:11

One thinks that on our world wide pub crawl we should stop off in Russia for a spell to have some of their famous vodka.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:38:08

At 1/30/05 04:35 PM, Tvmorbid wrote: One thinks that on our world wide pub crawl we should stop off in Russia for a spell to have some of their famous vodka.

I believe that we already have Russia on the big map for location of where to raid. Still, it's the though that counts, old boy. Well done.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:39:19

At 1/30/05 04:38 PM, Coop83 wrote:
I believe that we already have Russia on the big map for location of where to raid. Still, it's the though that counts, old boy. Well done.

Thanx old boy. Would you be a good chap and post a list of places that we will be visiting?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 16:39:49

At 1/30/05 04:38 PM, Coop83 wrote: I believe that we already have Russia on the big map for location of where to raid. Still, it's the though that counts, old boy. Well done.

Indeed we do. Rusia was one of the firts palces we were headed to. Were going to have a smashing time and smash the faces of everyone that gets in our way........................one wodners will wer equitrew passports to get into russia? As it is partly in europe is it a member of the Eu?

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 17:11:06

At 1/30/05 04:39 PM, Tvmorbid wrote: Thanx old boy. Would you be a good chap and post a list of places that we will be visiting?

One shall post the first list of location on the map currently:
France (Wine & Brandy)
Russia (Vodka)
Spain (Sambuca)
Mexico (Tequilla)
Ireland (Guinness)
Scotland (Whiskey)
Germany (Biers)
Japan (Sake)

One would also like to add the following two countries to the list:
Poland (Schnapps)
Italy (Amarillo, which is an almond wine, used in amaretti biscuits, amongst other things.)

At 1/30/05 04:39 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: Indeed we do. Rusia was one of the firts palces we were headed to. Were going to have a smashing time and smash the faces of everyone that gets in our way........................one wodners will wer equitrew passports to get into russia? As it is partly in europe is it a member of the Eu?

No, you need a passport to enter Russia, as it is not a member of the EU. Few former 'Eastern Block' countries have the freedom
of movement laws, yet.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 17:12:49

At 1/30/05 05:11 PM, Coop83 wrote: No, you need a passport to enter Russia, as it is not a member of the EU. Few former 'Eastern Block' countries have the freedom
of movement laws, yet.

ah right shall have to dig out my passport then...................oh bugger. I havent renewe dit.....I turned 16 ealrier in the month so I need a new one and I havemt renewed it yet.ah well Ill just sneka into russoa in the back of the lorry or something.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 17:21:46

At 1/30/05 05:12 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: ah right shall have to dig out my passport then...................oh bugger. I havent renewe dit.....I turned 16 ealrier in the month so I need a new one and I havemt renewed it yet.ah well Ill just sneka into russoa in the back of the lorry or something.

Well, being 16, since you can't actually buy any of the booze, wouldn't it be better if I took some of the lads over and loaded up the range rover and then drove back.

The joy of being a responsibly adult!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 17:23:15

At 1/30/05 05:21 PM, Coop83 wrote: Well, being 16, since you can't actually buy any of the booze, wouldn't it be better if I took some of the lads over and loaded up the range rover and then drove back.

The joy of being a responsibly adult!

But I wnat to go on a road trip :-( Fine I'll stay behind and make sure the butlers dont run off with any of the silver cutlery.

Response to English Gentleman's Club 2005-01-30 17:27:04

At 1/30/05 05:23 PM, Manic_streetpreacher wrote: But I wnat to go on a road trip :-( Fine I'll stay behind and make sure the butlers dont run off with any of the silver cutlery.

Slight missunderstanding, here, Manic. I meant we hop over into Russia and grab the Vodka. We'll smuggle you into places like Japan and Canada, no problems

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature