00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kirbythejew just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Voice Acting Club

670,319 Views | 12,685 Replies

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-12 23:52:21

I want to join but where can i put my example?

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:07:24

Whens the voice acting Chat? I wanna be in it. If you guys want me to be in it.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:08:47

At 8/12/05 11:52 PM, Demrick_Death wrote: I want to join but where can i put my example?

geocities.com and ripway.com are commonly used.

Shock_Dingo: I haven't heard from FlameZero on AIM in quite a while, so I don't yet know if he's recasted the role of Dr. Weil or not.
Try e-mailing him at flamezero_@hotmail.com , and ask if the role is still available for you to audition for.

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:17:17

At 8/13/05 12:08 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote:
At 8/12/05 11:52 PM, Demrick_Death wrote: I want to join but where can i put my example?

Shock_Dingo: I haven't heard from FlameZero on AIM in quite a while, so I don't yet know if he's recasted the role of Dr. Weil or not.
Try e-mailing him at flamezero_@hotmail.com , and ask if the role is still available for you to audition for.

Ok i need to know on how to make my example plz sorry i just made my account about last week

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:17:32

Thanks for all your help bro, I appreciate it.

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:21:05

At 8/13/05 12:17 AM, Demrick_Death wrote:
At 8/13/05 12:08 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote:

Ok i need to know on how to make my example plz sorry i just made my account about last week

Well for an example you can check out people's samples to get an idea. Basically this is just to show off what you can do. You can read from a comic, Shakespear or even the bible. Just show us the voices you can do and it'll be fine, if you need additional help there are people around here who would love to help out.

Need a voice actor? Give me a call! I've got 13 years of experience and great vocal range.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:23:40

No i mean how Do i MAKE the example?I don't know alot oabout this you know

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:26:21

twitter.com/DevenOClock

Casting director, semi-retired from online voice acting. Sorry folks! You can still hear me in TOME, Reincarnation, and Wonders of the Universe!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 00:49:28

GooGum, what exactly are you looking for...just someone to sing the song?

actually sing it like Kelly Clarkson style?

Or would you accept an audition that sounded like John Lithgow....if I audition you'll see...

By the way, Is this Thread about fighting haha, it seems every 4 pages or so there is some type of mud slinging. it actually makes me laugh...only a lil though

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 01:04:25

At 8/13/05 12:26 AM, D-Mac_Double wrote: Read some of this thing.

I've haven't read the FAQ in so long. My name is like, all over that thing. O_O

Too bad it'll be gone soon.

At 8/13/05 12:49 AM, Jerma wrote: By the way, Is this Thread about fighting haha, it seems every 4 pages or so there is some type of mud slinging. it actually makes me laugh...only a lil though

You're alive, eh? Apparently, that's what it has come to be. There's always someone bickering about something. And I got sucked into it. Maybe I should post less. Again.

But before I go to my lurk-ish ways once again, I just want to whore around the chat one more time.

Chat tomorrow. And maybe Sunday. 6pm PST (9pm EST). Yahoo Messenger. Add Elliair_lel.

It'd be cool if all the newcomers could come online for it. And all us old members can come too.

PS. If you don't have Yahoo and you goto download it, just know that Yahoo came out with a brand new messenger called "Yahoo Voice Messenger". Do not get that. It only allows voice chating between two people, not a conference. Just stick with the older version of Yahoo Messenger.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 01:17:36

At 8/13/05 12:49 AM, Jerma wrote: GooGum, what exactly are you looking for...just someone to sing the song?

actually sing it like Kelly Clarkson style?

Or would you accept an audition that sounded like John Lithgow....if I audition you'll see...

By the way, Is this Thread about fighting haha, it seems every 4 pages or so there is some type of mud slinging. it actually makes me laugh...only a lil though

Yeah dont worry about real singing....i just want voice samples that arent "this is me as my favorite character blah blah i suck ^___^" ....if you get what i mean.

And gawd damn i like verbally bashing people with my superior intellect... BRING IT!

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 02:48:34

It would be nice if we could not have some fighting around this place once in a while.

Toniko, I'll try emailing you the lines again.

NG's Voice Actress! [ Resume | Voice Demo | Twitter ]

Formerly credited as Kagome; currently credited as Rina-chan.

Rescue me in Castle Crashers (I voice the princesses!)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 02:52:56

Hehe, yeah it certainly has reached that "bicker" stage. I like to think of the VAC as a marriage ... the beginning was great, the honeymoon was better ... but gah damn once people start getting under one another's skin, lol. Now it's in the old people state, that sort of state when there's bickering and all that craziness.

And Jerma, I had a little Andy giggle there when I read it too.

-Hobbes

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 03:19:36

That marriage analogy kicks so much ass.

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 03:27:24

At 8/12/05 10:25 PM, Elliair wrote: Why can't this thread just be used for what it's for?

But then it would be efficient and allow people to actually *gasp* voice act! O_o;
lol Besides all the fighting that goes on, I still enjoy myself here. You can't let people stress you out with the e-drama.

Hobbes: I like your analogy the best. Old people are so... old...

VAC: Now something slightly more VAC related. I'm quitting.... lol just kidding. I just wanted to reply to that question I read earlier about our favourite role but I forgot who posted it. So now I address my reply to everyone, enjoy.
I've actually only been in ONE complete flash (not including my own) so it's kind of hard to have a favourite role... I'll just say that I like comedic roles and hope that I get one someday *wink wink, nudge nudge, followed by some more inappropriate touching*

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 04:07:17

Well MC, if you can find a way to fit some kind of funny character into the flash we're making, you could cast yourself ^.^ I can't wait to get an update on that, by the way. Maybe we can discuss it at the con...we could have a VAC lunch, if we have time to eat at AE that is.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 04:22:29

At 8/13/05 03:27 AM, MC_Huggies wrote:
At 8/12/05 10:25 PM, Elliair wrote: Why can't this thread just be used for what it's for?
But then it would be efficient and allow people to actually *gasp* voice act! O_o;

And why would we want to do that? That's crazy talk, that is! *Hands out Flame Retardent Jackets* If someone flames, it's for seeking attention.

YOU ALL SMELL! *Skips into a nearby forest, wearing a tu-tu*

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 06:04:35

At 8/13/05 04:07 AM, KagomeHigurashi wrote: Well MC, if you can find a way to fit some kind of funny character into the flash we're making, you could cast yourself ^.^ I can't wait to get an update on that, by the way. Maybe we can discuss it at the con...we could have a VAC lunch, if we have time to eat at AE that is.

That'd be nice. But you better be careful because once I start talking about my flash, it's hard for me to shut up ^_^

acelister: The concept of a flame retardent jacket is most needed in this thread as of late it seems... and your skipping with a tu-tu only makes it more intriguing O_o;

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 09:17:27

At 8/13/05 06:04 AM, MC_Huggies wrote: acelister: The concept of a flame retardent jacket is most needed in this thread as of late it seems... and your skipping with a tu-tu only makes it more intriguing O_o;

But... It's a very masculine tu-tu! Look, it has skulls on it! In the shape of frilly flowers... Ah nuts...

As for my favorite Flash, as of earlier today, it is House Of M: Part 1 by Matt Gardner. Love it.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 09:22:47

I've gots to ax ziz Q estion... I notice tons of people with a resume site, and was wondering if anyone can help me out with one (not now... Cause I'd have only one thing to put on it, and it's still in developement) and Kagome... I definately need to come over sometime XD I really need to do that demo that you offered ^_^;

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 11:49:58

A chat tonight and/or tomorrow, eh? As some people may know, I'm always up for a chat, but I probably won't be around for tonight until a couple hours after the intended starting time...I hope it lasts that long.

Anywho, as far as the whole "favorite Newgrounds role" goes, I've only been in two completed movies so far (six more on the way, but some of the producers probably won't bother telling me when the projects are finished...), so I guess I'll have to favor my Van Helthing role over the parts I played in that Half-Life movie--I'm still not too satisfied with my performances in either, but you'll get to see my awesome work in, uh, whenever my other projects get finished!

Oh, and as for all the arguing and such: keep it in private--I don't want to read several pages of this thread, only to discover that half of them are full of pointless garbage.

I'm now off to play Xenogears and design a DnD character (instead of finding a job).

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 11:51:44

AGH! I finally found you guys! Well if any of you are interested, I have an upcoming flash series that I need actors for. Kagome has tried out for some parts so i was hoping others of you would to :D. So if you would take the time to take a look and help out, that'd be great. The link to the thread is in my sig. thanks

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 13:59:37

Hey if you have any free female voices I can help you out.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 14:37:02

if that's intended for me then yes, no parts have been assigned yet so you anyone can tryout for any line. But if you are interested in it then could you post in the thread in my sig. I don't feel like taking up space on your guys's thread :X.

thanks for your interest though :D

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 16:33:24

At 8/13/05 09:22 AM, mrbigglesworth1 wrote: I've gots to ax ziz Q estion... I notice tons of people with a resume site, and was wondering if anyone can help me out with one (not now... Cause I'd have only one thing to put on it, and it's still in developement) and Kagome... I definately need to come over sometime XD I really need to do that demo that you offered ^_^;

Come over whenever a time works for both of us and I'll help you out with making a resume and demo. You should record on my computer 'cause no offense but yours doesn't sound too good ._. You're a great voice actor so do without the distortion and static. :) I can also get some material for you to read and we can add some nice Inu and FMA music in the background. This will be fun~

El_Shamro: Perhaps your new favorite role will be the one in the Halloween flash! *evil laugh*

Yay for front page.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 18:32:07

Hi im looking for a voice actor that sounds like scorpian from mortal kombat, if any thinks they can help me please add me on msn messenger or email me on:
tupac_4_eva92@hotmail.com

XBL Gamertag: MysticBasilisk add me if your hardcore enough.

Sheezy | Ngcollabs

BBS Signature

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 19:05:39

The cartoon role of roles and D-macs got it dead on. link here Soon, soon it shall be complete! Hey maybe once the Flash is done I'll send it to Mr. Bob Bergan and Joe Alaskey and see if they can take a second to comment on it! That would just be awsome :)

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-13 22:25:07

Kagome your going to the Anime Evolution too? Haha, I will probably see you AGAIN.
This time its way closer to me :P. It's only like a 1 hour drive from my house. Good ole SFU.

Anyways, I'll see ya there at your voice acting thing-a-ma-jig.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-14 01:00:23

MaKd!! Are you ever going to make Disgaea 5???

Anyway about roles I've auditioned for? Probably about 800 or so, literally. Because the amount of roles I've actually gotten is 215 and I've tried out for a crapload more that I didn't get. Remember that this is over a period of a year and 4 months.

Response to Voice Acting Club 2005-08-14 01:23:05

At 8/13/05 04:33 PM, KagomeHigurashi wrote:
At 8/13/05 09:22 AM, mrbigglesworth1 wrote: I've gots to ax ziz Q estion... I notice tons of people with a resume site, and was wondering if anyone can help me out with one (not now... Cause I'd have only one thing to put on it, and it's still in developement) and Kagome... I definately need to come over sometime XD I really need to do that demo that you offered ^_^;
Come over whenever a time works for both of us and I'll help you out with making a resume and demo. You should record on my computer 'cause no offense but yours doesn't sound too good ._. You're a great voice actor so do without the distortion and static. :) I can also get some material for you to read and we can add some nice Inu and FMA music in the background. This will be fun

El_Shamro: Perhaps your new favorite role will be the one in the Halloween flash! *evil laugh*

Yay for front page.

Ok I'll talk to you about it tomorrow ^_^ mkay? this will all be done... YAY! I was also wondering... I was thinking about making a forum for Voice acting... I know that there's the VAC on here, and that VAA but I feel like making one for me. I dont mind if no one signs up or anything... just making it known I might take under that project. I realise it's like "omg another forum to post at..." but this one has a pm system, so it would keep the fights to a minimum. and plus the stuff you wish you could do on here, will be able to be done on there... with exception to basic rules such as racism and language (it has a filter ^_^) But the point of saying all that... I was thinking of making my resume off of that... if that's possible (I dont think it is professional but it's free and webspace would cost money)