00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Relationship Crew

457,603 Views | 7,299 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 16:33:47

At 3/9/08 01:57 PM, Vincoid wrote: Haha, you've just found one of the exceptions to the rule. You see, when you're dealing with a very challenging girl, one that is very hard to get unless you know what you're doing, not appologizing is best in a situation like this. In fact, busting her balls about it and teasing her would do best for building attraction.

Well, generaly looking at my dating record, I seem to go for shy girls. Girls who seem outgoing and bubbly just make me feel intimidated. I think mainly though that I have far too high a standards, even from a gook-looking persons point of view, which of course being on newgrounds, show's I'm not.

No offence to you good-looking guys anyway.

However, in this case you're dealing with a very shy girl. And shy girls are totally different. While teasing and busting balls will break through the defence of a challeging girl, it will make the shy girl run. With shy girls, it's best to take it easy.

Well, easy, or slowly? I personally think both kinda mean the same thing but I suppose you could be quite ferocious while still taking it slowly. But with this girl, I feel as though one wrong move and it's practically gone. If something slips about anything, due to my lack of a normal sense of humour, I'll be up the creek.

Though you still shouldn't behave like a wussy with her, that'll makes every girl run. I'd say nice job so far and good job. Though you might want to work on that nervousness a bit. There is no need for it, and in fact, if you relax, so will she, making it much more easier to have a normal conversation.

Well, that's probably my downfall in the first place. I'm a completely natural wuss. I thank you for your advice though, it all helps with everything, from my confidence to my worries about how this all might pan out.

Keep it up and please keep us informed on how things go ;)

I shall share with you all :D

At 3/9/08 02:00 PM, CTM222 wrote: Phew.. Ice skating gives a great time to hold hands doesn't it ;)

Well it certainly helped to do that before the awkwardness of just going for it. Pluss it's kind of a cheating way of holding hands :D

I'm glad it all worked out well and it sounds like you too had a good time (apart from the falling over bit) and don't worry about the apologising bit.. It doesnt make a big impact. You helped her up and held her hand which is great.. I'm pleased for you!

Thank you!

Like I said before, I'll make sure that I keep you all updated, you nosy bunch :D

JaY11's sigs > your sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 16:55:38

What's up guys!!
I wrote a poem, ya'll check it out!

http://swordstick76.newgrounds.com/news/
post/92284

Review and reply :P !!

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 18:28:17

At 3/9/08 04:55 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: What's up guys!!

post/92284

It was cool, but I don't really understand it's relation to relationships.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 18:34:00

At 3/9/08 06:28 PM, Black-Lightning wrote:
At 3/9/08 04:55 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: What's up guys!!

post/92284
It was cool, but I don't really understand it's relation to relationships.

It shows my attitude towards the world, a.k.a how i see the world, which reflects in my relationships :P but i didn't post it on here for that, i posted it on here so people could see it :P but...
YOU DIDN'T COMMENT. >: { go comment, or i will eat your head.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 19:43:45

At 3/9/08 06:34 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: YOU DIDN'T COMMENT. >: {

Shit takes too much work.
So like.. i'm really bored. I dunno what to do.. Usually I'd be texting ember right now, but since we're not dating... I dunno.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 20:25:55

Theres this girl I dated, who wasn't for me. She's way too polar opposite, and we stopped seeing eachother. a month or two later, we went out again. Same occurance. She started dating this OTHER guy, and they just broke up, and now I'm interested again.

What the fuck is wrong with me. why do I want what I can't have. I destroy girls with this terrible On-Off stuff I do to myself and them.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 21:17:58

At 3/9/08 08:25 PM, 749-Pi wrote: What the fuck is wrong with me. why do I want what I can't have. I destroy girls with this terrible On-Off stuff I do to myself and them.

Why don't you just do something different this time? Nothing wrong with dating someone unless you're not happy. Fuck dude. Do your thing with her and let it be at that.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 21:54:17

At 3/9/08 08:25 PM, 749-Pi wrote: Theres this girl I dated, who wasn't for me. She's way too polar opposite, and we stopped seeing eachother. a month or two later, we went out again. Same occurance. She started dating this OTHER guy, and they just broke up, and now I'm interested again.

What the fuck is wrong with me. why do I want what I can't have. I destroy girls with this terrible On-Off stuff I do to myself and them.

You need to read Vincoid's five inspiring messages, that stuff is made for you... yeah.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-09 23:28:03

At 3/9/08 09:54 PM, Swordstick76 wrote: You need to read Vincoid's five inspiring messages, that stuff is made for you... yeah.

I don't think he really needs it. I mean, HS is all about experimenting.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-10 06:11:51

At 3/9/08 04:33 PM, thegreatmorph wrote:
At 3/9/08 01:57 PM, Vincoid wrote: Haha, you've just found one of the exceptions to the rule. You see, when you're dealing with a very challenging girl, one that is very hard to get unless you know what you're doing, not appologizing is best in a situation like this. In fact, busting her balls about it and teasing her would do best for building attraction.
Well, generaly looking at my dating record, I seem to go for shy girls. Girls who seem outgoing and bubbly just make me feel intimidated. I think mainly though that I have far too high a standards, even from a gook-looking persons point of view, which of course being on newgrounds, show's I'm not.

No offence to you good-looking guys anyway.

Lol. Though I believe there really is no such thing as too high a standards. High standards are very good, women like it when you know exactly what you want. And besides that, it's great to tease them about not living up to your expectations, making them work harder :P

However, in this case you're dealing with a very shy girl. And shy girls are totally different. While teasing and busting balls will break through the defence of a challeging girl, it will make the shy girl run. With shy girls, it's best to take it easy.
Well, easy, or slowly? I personally think both kinda mean the same thing but I suppose you could be quite ferocious while still taking it slowly. But with this girl, I feel as though one wrong move and it's practically gone. If something slips about anything, due to my lack of a normal sense of humour, I'll be up the creek.

Telling a 'high-maintance' party girl that she's not as hot as she thinks, and there is practically no chance of her suceeding with you, can get them to work very hard to get you, it won't work with a shy girl.
I tend to constantly tease girls and bust their balls, unless they're very shy. You see, when a girl is very challenging and she knows she's hot, she won't believe what you're saying when you tell her she can't have you. Shy girls, on the other hand, tend to get very insecure when you tell them things like that. If you want a shy girl to try to get with you, you're fighting a losing game if you go cocky on her. They tend to do better when you're confident but have normal conversations with them. Tease them only a little.

Though you still shouldn't behave like a wussy with her, that'll makes every girl run. I'd say nice job so far and good job. Though you might want to work on that nervousness a bit. There is no need for it, and in fact, if you relax, so will she, making it much more easier to have a normal conversation.
Well, that's probably my downfall in the first place. I'm a completely natural wuss. I thank you for your advice though, it all helps with everything, from my confidence to my worries about how this all might pan out.

No problem man. I was a big wussy too in the past. Only now, when I look back at it, I see what I did wrong all the time. But the fact that you can see that you're being wussy is likely to change quite a bit in you. What is important though is that you have to try new things. You can read in this topic what my opinion is, but you won't actually learn anything if you don't give it a try ;)

And just so you know, from what you've told us here, you're not that big of a wuss.

Keep it up and please keep us informed on how things go ;)
I shall share with you all :D

Like I said before, I'll make sure that I keep you all updated, you nosy bunch :D

Yes, your personal life belongs to us now!

At 3/9/08 08:25 PM, 749-Pi wrote: Theres this girl I dated, who wasn't for me. She's way too polar opposite, and we stopped seeing eachother. a month or two later, we went out again. Same occurance. She started dating this OTHER guy, and they just broke up, and now I'm interested again.

It's called the Meta-frame, or prizability. We as human have a natural attraction towards anything that is either out of our reach, or is being wanted by others. That's why making yourself popular with women will exponantionally increase your succes with them.

What you need to do is start to recognize it. Everytime you feel any interest for a girl, ask yourself why it is you feel interested. Is it because of her looks, because of her personality, or is it because other show interest? If you can recognize it, you can suppress it.

But like you said right at the beginning, she wasn't for you. If you realize this, why did you date her again? In the hope of it getting somewhere? Hope that she had changed? Or was it because others had shown interest, making you feel like there should be something about her that attracted you, but you simply hadn't found it yet?

Let me give you the steps of what I do when I meet a girl:
- First thing I do is look at her looks. They're the first thing I'll notice, and if it doesn't match my criteria, I won't date her.
- If the looks are in order, I step up to her to have a conversation. I tease her and try to find out what kind of girl she is. Shy, outgoing, etc. If this matches my criteria, I'll ask for email and her number. If not, she might make a good friend (unless it's way under my criteria of course).
- I hang out with her, trying to see everything that's attractive about her, finding out exactly how she is. If I like all of that, I'll get her to feel attracted to me. It's only after this step, when I know how she is and if it's what I want from a girl, that I'll feel attraction for her. I never feel huge amounts of attraction for a girl untill this point because I know that it'll be a waste of energy if she isn't what I thought she was.

Most guys feel attraction in front, experiencing huge amounts of loss of energy when nothing happens. But being able to control your attraction, will make you become way more effecient at using your energy, as will it make you more attractive. That includes the girls you really want.

"Never was anything great achieved without danger." - Niccolo Machiavelli

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-10 19:04:28

Status Update

Girl B, I have been told, would not go out with me anyways, because I'm skinny, and "she doesn't go out with skinny guys." I fail to see how she thinks I'm hot, and yet wouldn't go out with someone skinny. Women.

Girl D, when asked if she liked me, said "yes and no." Now, tell me that isn't a totally ambiguous and/or convoluted answer. In addition, she seems to have found some other guy. Women.

*I have been told , by the girl who talked to D for me, that there is some other girl who likes me. I have entrusted her with the mission of finding out this girls name, as the best she could do to describe her was "she has brown hair." =/ More on that lead tomorrow.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-10 21:16:00

Hey, I need to ask the experts. How would I get a girl to start liking video games and playign them with me?Please help.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-10 23:04:48

I have now see why all my relationships end in failure. All the girls I go for are just cute and cool. But there only friend material. And over the past few days I thought about it and I actually never met a girl who I really liked there personality and looks who didn't just let me down and then I later realized I didn't really like them, I was just desperate at the time. I'm just gonna stop looking for someone I attually like enough to have a long term relationship and wait for her to find me.

My 79th Post!!!

"Give me a place to stand and I will move the Earth."

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 05:50:51

At 3/10/08 07:04 PM, PhoenixTails wrote: Status Update

Girl B, I have been told, would not go out with me anyways, because I'm skinny, and "she doesn't go out with skinny guys." I fail to see how she thinks I'm hot, and yet wouldn't go out with someone skinny. Women.

Women, exactly. But just because she said that, doesn't mean she means it. I think it was just a test to see how you would react. Most guys would try to win her over and thus communicate neediness, while the best thing to do ina situation like this would be to convey the thought of: "I don't care, it's your loss". If any of these situations occur, where it seems contradictory, it's almost 100% sure that the girl is testing you to see if you're a man.

Girl D, when asked if she liked me, said "yes and no." Now, tell me that isn't a totally ambiguous and/or convoluted answer. In addition, she seems to have found some other guy. Women.

Who asked her? Besides, no one should ask. If you wan to, just talk to her etc. and find out for yourself. There are numerous obvious signs that tell you if a girl likes you or not. No need to ask.

*I have been told , by the girl who talked to D for me, that there is some other girl who likes me. I have entrusted her with the mission of finding out this girls name, as the best she could do to describe her was "she has brown hair." =/ More on that lead tomorrow.

You might want to make girls like you, instead of going only for the ones who other people say they like you.

At 3/10/08 09:16 PM, TechN00b wrote: Hey, I need to ask the experts. How would I get a girl to start liking video games and playign them with me?Please help.

If she doesn't like it all, chances are that she never will. But check this out: have you ever been dared to do something? Did anyone ever tell you that you couldn't do a certain thing, and you did everything to prove them wrong? Try that on the girl. Ask if she wants to play, if she says no, tell her she'd probably suck at it anyways, and she couldn't handle the fact that you're better at it.
But, if she really doesn't like it, don't bother to try. Don't start pushing her so she might one day play, only to get rid of you being a whiny little bitch about a video game.

At 3/10/08 11:04 PM, theJPK wrote: I have now seen why all my relationships end in failure. All the girls I go for are just cute and cool. But there only friend material. And over the past few days I thought about it and I actually never met a girl who I really liked there personality and looks who didn't just let me down and then I later realized I didn't really like them, I was just desperate at the time. I'm just gonna stop looking for someone I attually like enough to have a long term relationship and wait for her to find me.

You're almost there. Stop looking is a step in the right direction, but letting them find you is a bridge too far. What works best is if you stop making it a priority. Everytime you meet a girl, instead of thinking 'hey, she might make a good gf', think 'she looks nice, let's find out if she deserves to be with me'. And if she does, and you make her like you (that's right, you're the one who does that, not she), you have yourself a great gf.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 16:47:05

At 3/11/08 02:57 PM, Murad136 wrote: Can I join the advice giving crew? I'm very experienced and had very many healthy relationships. Plus people say I'm very good at giving advice. So may I?

Sure, as far as I know, anyone can join ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 17:38:06

I've always personally thought that asking someone to ask soemeone else if a chick likes you has always been not manly. It doesn't convey a strong sense of confidence (at least that's how i see it) so i don't think doing that is ever a good idea...

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 19:00:44

At 3/11/08 05:50 AM, Vincoid wrote: You might want to make girls like you, instead of going only for the ones who other people say they like you.

Well yeah, but it wouldn't hurt to talk to somebody who is already so inclined.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to stand by and do nothing.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 20:56:54

So... last night I got super high. And I texted ember. I said some pretty mean shit I guess and that resulted in her crying, but I don't think I made her cry. She cried when she yelled. I think it was an angry cry. She cried a lot... Anyways, and then she said that she didn't need me and stuff like that and that sometimes I don't deserve life. And a bunch of other shit. So I just kinda got depressed and went to sleep. But seriously, I feel kinda good today. I think this one girl likes me, but I dunno if I'm down with her.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 21:32:08

B-L, how many times of people telling you to cease contacting her does it take for it to sink in?

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 21:43:54

Well NG there's this girl I like (LOL WUT?).

Firstly, she's a Christians i.e. no sex before marriage and I respect her beliefs.

I have graduated from high school and she is in her final year (she goes to the same high school as I used to). I actually never knew her in high school, we met over MSN after she randomly added me after a heated email argument (not between me and her).

Basically I talk to her most over anyone else on MSN and I do feel a connection, but we've never really had a chance to speak IRL. I'm just nervous about how we will be in the real world, because I am a different person when it comes to real life over the internet.

So what do you think I should do NG?

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 22:47:46

At 3/11/08 09:43 PM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: So what do you think I should do NG?

My advice is to go places with the girl. See how she is in real life before you consider a relationship. Rushing into things will just ruin it.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-11 23:26:01

Okay, I have a bit of a unique problem (I think)

Met a girl on saturday.

She liked me a ton--it was obvious, and my friend, who is her best friend, confirmed it.

I liked her back enough to try a relationship.

We exchanged numbers. Now, we talk a lot, and have gotten to know each other quite well.

We're gonna meet again on Saturday. We like each other quite well over non-contact communication, but I'm worried about how it's gonna go down when we meet IRl.

Current Status: Unbanned

Writer's Club, for all your literacy needs

Fourth Perspective, a wonderful site for your writing.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 03:23:53

Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Windows has majorly screwed me over for the 4th time (said I didn't have a registered copy of Windows), but everything's finally back to normal.

I've got some other responses, but I just have to get this out:

Vincoid, will you get your head out of your ass?
NEVR, will you get your head out of Vincoid's ass?
Half of the people that come here, will you get your heads out of Vincoid's ass?

Yes, Vincoid gives some good advice. But he doesn't give THE advice.
Who the fuck needs to know about an inner eye or locus of control in a relationship? You're turning relationships into a fucking science. IT ISN'T. Almost all of Vincoid's answers are pointed at a general audience, which can sometimes be useful, but relationships aren't general. They work differently, often drastically differently, depending on the person.

At 3/4/08 05:27 AM, Vincoid wrote: Note that most of that I've written here contains only small comments. That only because i don't want to type all the stuff that I've already told before.

How thoughtful of you. You saved yourself a lot of time and thought there. Luckily all those people can read through the pages and pages of stuff that you've told before to find their solution.

How about stop trying to be some kind of relationship prophet (or as someone called you, Dr. Phil), and start trying to help people specifically to be helping them, not so people will think of you as some great person. Then when you go to bed at night you can think " I did some 'good' today," instead of " 'I' did some good today."

At 3/7/08 03:05 AM, Vincoid wrote: I find it quite interesting though how you have several people giving sort of the same advice, yet you always end up doing what you think is right. Makes sense right, since what you did got you to break up didn't it?

How the FUCK do you pull out the balls to say that!? I'm trying to think of some kind of response, but I don't know what to say. It's just stunning that anyone would want to say that. This was what really pushed me to make this post. This shows that you care more about being right than helping people. You basically said "Fuck what you think is right, because it isn't right. Do what I think is right, because it can't get you any worse, can it?"

Oh, and quit 'correcting' other people's advice, and try to give some more of your own advice, not something you read in a book.

Got relationship questions or problems? Ask the Relationship Crew.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 03:38:55

At 3/9/08 11:17 AM, NEVR wrote:
(despite the fact that B-L seems to be notorious for ignoring advice).

He ignores the advice that tells him to forget about her. He wouldn't be asking for advice on what to do if he wanted to just forget about her. He's still friends with her for god's sake.

At 3/11/08 08:56 PM, Black-Lightning wrote: So... last night I got super high. And I texted ember. I said some pretty mean shit I guess and that resulted in her crying, but I don't think I made her cry. She cried when she yelled. I think it was an angry cry. She cried a lot... Anyways, and then she said that she didn't need me and stuff like that and that sometimes I don't deserve life. And a bunch of other shit. So I just kinda got depressed and went to sleep. But seriously, I feel kinda good today. I think this one girl likes me, but I dunno if I'm down with her.

She wouldn't be crying if she didn't want to still have a relationship, but I think she's wanting something that just isn't there. She wants what the relationship was one or two or six months ago, but you've changed since then. She wants you to be the you you used to be. So you need to find out what she wants, and then one of you has to change. Just think hard about what she really wants from you, and see if you can move a little toward that. Then see if her attitude toward you changes.

Also, you keep saying how immature she is. I'm on your side and everything, but maybe some of the things you've said ("I said some pretty mean shit I guess and that resulted in her crying") weren't the most mature either. Think about it for a while, and maybe you'll understand why she's angry at you a little better. Then maybe you'll understand how to fix it.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 03:57:58

At 3/11/08 09:43 PM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Well NG there's this girl I like (LOL WUT?).

Firstly, she's a Christians i.e. no sex before marriage and I respect her beliefs.

I have graduated from high school and she is in her final year (she goes to the same high school as I used to). I actually never knew her in high school, we met over MSN after she randomly added me after a heated email argument (not between me and her).

Basically I talk to her most over anyone else on MSN and I do feel a connection, but we've never really had a chance to speak IRL. I'm just nervous about how we will be in the real world, because I am a different person when it comes to real life over the internet.

Meet in a fun place where you're most comfortable (ex: my favorite places to be are the mall, zoo, and art museum, so I'd go with the zoo (cooler than a museum, and not as cliche as the mall)). That'll tell give her sort of an idea of what you like to do outside of MSN, and give a glimpse of your personality. Ask her on MSN if she'd like to go, and then where and when you should pick her up.

Be casual, and be yourself. Don't put up a false image of yourself to impress her, or you'll be putting up a false image until you're married or broken up.

Try not to concentrate completely on her, but definitely don't ignore her at any moment. It can be very easy to go off on a spree trying to show her all sorts of things.

Don't plan on her coming over, or you going over. Try to show that you'd come over if she asks, but you aren't going to ask. I guess that'd be a sort of anticipated look as you're driving her back. 37M bonus points if you're asked to come over though, go all for it.

Good luck sir.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 04:10:52

At 3/11/08 09:43 PM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Well NG there's this girl I like (LOL WUT?).

Sorry I forgot to explain something.

I think it's really important to meet someone for the first time in a place where you can both have fun and express your personalities.

That's why I think the zoo is a good choice. It's a really vibrant place, and almost every animal brings out some emotion, and it's always fun to watch all the kids' complete amazement at the animals. It's really easy to see someone's personality at the zoo I think.

The mall is a bad choice because it's so busy. You can't really pay attention to each other while you're walking because you have to watch for all the people rushing at you. It's also noisy, and really all you get out of it is where she likes to shop, what clothes she likes to wear, etc. There are a lot better places to meet than the mall.

Someplace boring is a bad choice too. That forces you to concentrate on each other more than you probably should. If you're not holding a conversation at any time, it almost seems like you're ignoring each other. That's why the museum's a bad place.

Also don't go anywhere where one of you will have more fun than the other. This is why going to the other's house is a bad idea. Usually only one of you will have a lot of fun.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 06:47:42

At 3/11/08 09:43 PM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: So what do you think I should do NG?

Start being yourself on the internet. And if you are already you on the internet, become the same guy in real life.

At 3/11/08 11:26 PM, Sistine1408 wrote: Okay, I have a bit of a unique problem (I think)

Met a girl on saturday.

She liked me a ton--it was obvious, and my friend, who is her best friend, confirmed it.

I liked her back enough to try a relationship.

We exchanged numbers. Now, we talk a lot, and have gotten to know each other quite well.

We're gonna meet again on Saturday. We like each other quite well over non-contact communication, but I'm worried about how it's gonna go down when we meet IRl.

Not that unique. I guess that has happened to millions of guys already. There is pretty much one thing I can say, and that's not to worry. It's just a conversation, not your entire life.

At 3/12/08 03:23 AM, CoryLehan wrote: Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Windows has majorly screwed me over for the 4th time (said I didn't have a registered copy of Windows), but everything's finally back to normal.

I've got some other responses, but I just have to get this out:

Vincoid, will you get your head out of your ass?
NEVR, will you get your head out of Vincoid's ass?
Half of the people that come here, will you get your heads out of Vincoid's ass?

Why? It's very comfy here, and while I don't normally tend to invite guys to go into my back entrance, you should join too.

Yes, Vincoid gives some good advice. But he doesn't give THE advice.
Who the fuck needs to know about an inner eye or locus of control in a relationship? You're turning relationships into a fucking science. IT ISN'T. Almost all of Vincoid's answers are pointed at a general audience, which can sometimes be useful, but relationships aren't general. They work differently, often drastically differently, depending on the person.

Science? What are you talking about man? Inner eye and locus of control are both psychological methods of living your life in a way to increase the succes you have with girls, relationships, business etc. It's all about creating the qualities that are perceived as being manly, those that attract women.

And in case you haven't noticed, 90% of all questions here are about how to get in a relationship, not how to improve the one they're in.

At 3/4/08 05:27 AM, Vincoid wrote: Note that most of that I've written here contains only small comments. That only because i don't want to type all the stuff that I've already told before.
How thoughtful of you. You saved yourself a lot of time and thought there. Luckily all those people can read through the pages and pages of stuff that you've told before to find their solution.
How about stop trying to be some kind of relationship prophet (or as someone called you, Dr. Phil), and start trying to help people specifically to be helping them, not so people will think of you as some great person. Then when you go to bed at night you can think " I did some 'good' today," instead of " 'I' did some good today."

Am I not supposed to be trying in order to stop it? I'm doing this for only one reason and that's to give these guys the chance to learn what I've learned so they can have the success they want. This isn't at all about me or how I feel.

Also, not all advice has to be specific since most of the problems are quite the same. Sure, the situation is different, but the real problem is almost all the time in the person itself. Thus the advice about inner locus of control etc.

At 3/7/08 03:05 AM, Vincoid wrote: I find it quite interesting though how you have several people giving sort of the same advice, yet you always end up doing what you think is right. Makes sense right, since what you did got you to break up didn't it?
How the FUCK do you pull out the balls to say that!? I'm trying to think of some kind of response, but I don't know what to say. It's just stunning that anyone would want to say that. This was what really pushed me to make this post. This shows that you care more about being right than helping people. You basically said "Fuck what you think is right, because it isn't right. Do what I think is right, because it can't get you any worse, can it?"

How I do that? Shall I make it a 5 step tutorial?

Think of this: how is it that these guys come here asking for advice? Mostly because they did something they thought was right, yet it didn't go the way they thought it would. If you get advice after that, and you start thinking about the advice, using your current beliefs (the same ones that failed you the last time), you'll transform it in a way that guarantees it'll fail again.
That's what I mean with that, but I guess it's too difficult for you to actually think about it before posting shit like this.

Oh, and quit 'correcting' other people's advice, and try to give some more of your own advice, not something you read in a book.

When I'm 'correcting' their advice, I'm actually saying what I think is the right thing to do. So what I'm basicly doing in that moment is give them my advice.
I'll do the second thing. I'll start giving my own advice instead of that what I've read in a book. Don't be surprised though when nothing changes because this already is my own advice. And what's wrong with books anyway? They contain huge amounts of wisdom for anyone to take whenever they like, so they can learn the exact same thing that someone else needed years for.

One more thing; why is it that you feel the need to post something like this? Why the need to bitch and complain about what I write? Do you think of it as threatening? Do you think my advice is bad? Because if it is, and you can notice, others should notice too, so there would be no need to complain about it.
Or are you the one who is making posts the come across as saviour of the people, the one who saved us all of Vincoid's horrible mindwashing advice? Are you the one who needs to post this in order to feel good at night? Because it's not me. I don't need people following my advice in order to feel good. It's not their success that creates my happiness. Though posts like yours give me a good laugh now and then.

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 17:35:01

Okay guys, calm down. Vincoid isn't the only relationship crew person here, but - and this is a HUEG but - people wouldn't defer to him if his advice didn't work. Give credit where credit is due.

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-12 22:00:45

Ah sorry about that. I was a little out of it last night (it was 3:30 in the morning, and there may have been intoxication involved). First, what I said was wrong. Second, this is the last place to say something like that. So I'm sorry for both.

I think I was mostly angry because people would frequently post "You should look at Vincoid's stuff," and hardly ever offering any advice of their own, like they're more of a sign than an advice giver. And people would come here and ask "Vincoid, what would you suggest I do?" without even considering that someone else could help them. And both of these aren't Vincoid's fault, so I don't know why I went off on him.

So Vincoid, sorry I snapped at you. No hard feelings. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Relationship Crew 2008-03-13 00:22:27

At 3/12/08 10:00 PM, CoryLehan wrote: Ah sorry about that. I was a little out of it last night (it was 3:30 in the morning, and there may have been intoxication involved). First, what I said was wrong. Second, this is the last place to say something like that. So I'm sorry for both.

So Vincoid, sorry I snapped at you. No hard feelings. :)

Get your head out of his ass. :D

"The heart has its reasons which reason knows not of." --Blaise Pascal

Relationship crew. Go there. Do it. Now.

request-a-ban