00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Copyright69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc)

1,002,409 Views | 22,168 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 22:13:19

At 11/19/07 08:58 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 11/19/07 07:55 PM, fox4729 wrote: hey, made web site for super smash bros brawl you could out it there if you want just ask well set something up ican make a whole new page for just that.
Don't think it's a good idea to move to a new site altogether.

ok but if you change your mind pm me and i'll help out anyway i can.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 22:16:57

At 11/19/07 11:52 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: Also, knux, advising people to come back with at least 50 posts isn't really necessary. If someone is talking about smash, and speaking in clear english, they're already better than the average bbs user.

Oh, sorry. This has been kind of an untold rule in the Smash Crew for a while from what I remember. I see your point.

At 11/19/07 02:35 PM, Truth wrote: We previously did talk about a 1vs1 tournament to happen in the future. That will be totally separate, and I think AlexJS found a way to see who will verse who.

We will need more people to coordinate, not that I'm nominating myself.

And its way to early to pick team captions and stuff like that, I just wanted to know if you guys like the idea.

Agreed, too early. Once this has all been organized we can decide from there.

Call me too much of a Bleach fan, but I perfer "Squads" instead of "Teams".
At 11/19/07 03:22 PM, AlexJS wrote: Yeah, I have it all set up to pair up people randomly.
However, honesty becomes an issue. If it becomes a real problem, I've had an idea for some time now.

Maybe after the match pick, but before the actual fight, players will reply to the match-up as proof that they are ready to fight.

As for today's update, it was a bit better than most. We had no word on the Ice Climbers Final Smash, and it looks interesting, if not a bit over the top.

It was alright

At 11/19/07 03:37 PM, Truth wrote: That's why usually the Host of a online Tournament never competes himself. The job of the Host is to set up everything and keep track of wins and losses.

Well thats why we will have multiple hosts. The biggest problem about this is honesty, like Alex said. I say that it is unfair for the Host to not participate, maybe against other hosts.

I got question for you though, when we do have our tournament possibly next year, are we only going to have people in this crew only, or all of newgrounds?

Sorry to butt in on your question...
but I say that only in this crew. If we are grouping people in teams, then all of newgrounds will be too big and things may get out of hand. (My guess is) once everthing is in order, we will group everyone is a team, by alphebetical order, or Level or some sort of predetermined order (I just don't trust random), maybe the team leaders can nominate the people they want in their team (with certain rules applying). Once the teams have been set, we will all have one week to train, on the 3rd day we select what characters we will be playing as ahead of time (or not). At the end of the training session the hosts will pair up matches by random order. If someone new comes along in the crew, we put them in a team, give them some training time (if needed) then pair them up in a match. Friend codes will also be posted on the Alt account as well as tournament ranks of who goes on to the next round. After every match is 1 or 2 more days of training and a predesicion of your character (or not). Each team will have a Captian (host) and a Vice Captian (back-up host), the Vice Captian shall be hand picked by the Captian and so forth.
Thats just my guess. I believe that the predetermining of characters is safe seeing how the matches will be paired by random.

At 11/19/07 04:34 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 11/19/07 04:19 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: tournament? Count me in!!
Sure, and welcome back.

Ditto.

But like I said, region become an issue. If you live in China (I'm not mistaken, am I?), you'll be limited to fighting other users near you, or maybe Europe. Maybe getting a wired connection would solve the problem.

Not really, but the action will be slower if playing far away, but hey, others can watch on spectator mode and bet on us!

But it'd be a good idea to try the system out a bit before going to tournaments.

Agreed.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-19 22:18:54

I vote for the dig dug guy.

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 01:56:08

At 11/19/07 09:11 PM, Dark-Heart wrote:
At 11/19/07 08:43 PM, smc316 wrote: Isn't the reason why no one wants shawdow and there not going to put shawdow in there obvious?!?!?!?! ARE YOU IMBICLES?!?!?! Its obviously due to the fact shawdow is black. = P

Haha. Nice.

Rocker, using guns in one game still doesn't change the fact that he used them. also, on StH for the 360, he still uses vehicles. I didn't say anything like "guns! No!" Well, I did. But vehicles like his ... yeah. and the second game, people really did die. Sorry if I offended you. T_T He would be cool as an assist trophy. Chaos Blast/spear/control. Yup. Snake got his own, you can bet your ass that Sonic will get Shadow. Don't be afraid. Embrace it!

I'm strictly Nintendo, so I have no idea what the hell you're talking about. ;)
We cool?

At 11/19/07 10:18 PM, Jackotrades wrote: I vote for the dig dug guy.

...what??! You mean, like as a char, or ass trophy? *hehe, true if you use abbreviations* That would be weird

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 02:02:30

At 11/19/07 03:22 PM, AlexJS wrote:
At 11/19/07 02:46 PM, DarkLotusJuggalo wrote: Truth, I have PMed you the password for the account, use it wisely! ;)
Can't give it out to too many people, then it might as well be a wiki. =3

I haven't given it to many people at all really, only a select few have it and they all have it for a reason, one way or another.

I want to make it so each person with it specializes in doing something to the account, whether it be updating things or organizing tournaments when they become available. Either way though, everyone that has it has a reason to have it! :D

Also, to everyone that does have it, deposit if you wish but its not necessary, I haven't deposited at all for a while with my main and I don't see a reason to do it either with that account, but if you wish to then more power to ya! :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 02:03:47

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 02:04:56

At 11/19/07 11:52 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: Also, knux, advising people to come back with at least 50 posts isn't really necessary. If someone is talking about smash, and speaking in clear english, they're already better than the average bbs user.

Sorry about the double post and all but I really agree with this statement! :D

I still remember one user on the art forums had its first posts being what were considered the best ones ever, actually awesome picture they drew with flash that were overdone and weren't mere spin-offs of other drawings. :)

<33

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 02:09:48

What the hell? A soccer ball?????? And what's that thing at the top? Was that the smoke bomb thing, or some other sports ball????

Oooo, nice bomb from Star Fox. I guess this is an okay update. New stuff (even if the idea of training mode is old)

Haha, Electrode is a dud. So much for pre-mature detonation.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 02:12:50

Sorry for double post. Something funny I found.

Master Hand/Crazy Hand's true form revealed.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 02:14:54

At 11/20/07 02:03 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: OMG, THIS EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!!

lololol

---

Also, WE LEARNED SOMETHING FROM TODAY'S UPDATE !!!

We already knew the smart bomb was in ^^

But we didnt knew exactly how it looked like, its sweet... also we didnt knew that it can actially fail to detonate... same for electrode... exploding pkmn... so hes back...

And also practice... lol another "we knew it" update, but one less like these give more probability for leet updates to come up !

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 03:27:09

lol Poor Electrode...i wont be able to post till like 5 or 6 today because of Hughesnet's Fair access policy
=( too much time on youtube..............

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 04:03:49

At 11/19/07 09:48 PM, life wrote: I was looking at this update and I have to just hope that you can bust apart that iceberg. Nothing would be cooler than just being able to carve a big hole in it it ricochet people off of. I can only imagine how crazy this mess is going to be. Ice Climbers were my favorite gimmick player and this just makes them all the more appealing.

Gimmick player? You know that they're powerful enough to main.

Look up ChuDat.

[ woman vocalizing ] [ man speaking backwards ] last.fm

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 07:19:15

did anyone notice the soccer ball in a training pic or the clock coming out of the party ball in the past items update? i wonder what they do?

8^(|

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 07:40:16

Update drought is oveeeeeer!!!! \m/(>.<)\m/

We didn't have anything new updated, but we had something new in the updates (if that made sense).

1- Smart Bomb can fail to detonate

2- Electrode is back

3- More Alt Costumes for Ike

4- Soccer Ball???

(And I love that comic about the cut characters!!! "You two'll probably be the first to go..." "WHAT?!" "Magnificent." XD )

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 09:32:57

At 11/20/07 02:09 AM, Rocker23220 wrote: What the hell? A soccer ball??????

Maybe it's the only item you can't pick up; make contact with it to move it around to other players, but watch out! If hit to hard, it can do damage.

What game is it from? I don't know.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 10:06:10

Won't know until they announce it or until we get the game, which ever comes first.

what happened to this place?

Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 10:42:57

Three new items foday, a smart bomb, electrode, and a.....SOCCERBALL?????
its probably from strikers

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 15:31:13

At 11/20/07 10:42 AM, Matt2358 wrote: Three new items foday, a smart bomb, electrode, and a.....SOCCERBALL?????
its probably from strikers

No, Strikers had that weird Metal Glowy Ball... it's probably a regular Soccer Ball, doesn't need to come from a game. Like the Smoke Ball or Gooey Bomb.

I'm thinking there are a whole bunch of different balls but they all have the same effect, you kick 'em at someone and it hurts... WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT GAME IT'S FROM!!!!!!!!! Animal Crossing! :3

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 15:46:18

It seems that Electrode has Explosive-Disfunction. He needs viagr-I mean Dynamite. When Electrodes experience Explosive-Disfunction they trust Dynamite. Dynamite, the only natural explosive enhancer.

Smart bombs are uber l33t.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 15:51:35

Who cares where the soccor ball came from??!!! Who the hell cares where it came from its a fucking soccor ball! For all we know one of the leading producers of brawl could have been walking home from work and got hit by a soccor ball which gave him the idea!

I mean seriously people, you can't limit soccor balsl to one video game...

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:10:59

At 11/20/07 03:51 PM, smc316 wrote: Who cares where the soccor ball came from??!!! Who the hell cares where it came from its a fucking soccor ball! For all we know one of the leading producers of brawl could have been walking home from work and got hit by a soccor ball which gave him the idea!

I mean seriously people, you can't limit soccor balsl to one video game...

Yes we can. :(

And it most likely did come from something (but maybe not) and we're just trying to guess. My money's on Animal Crossing.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:17:12

That poor electrode. Its entire purpose in life is to explode, and its a dud. What does it have to live for now? It looks suicidal, yet it can't kill itself because it's a dud.

Electrile Dysfunction.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:17:22

And it most likely did come from something (but maybe not) and we're just trying to guess. My money's on Animal Crossing.

"But Animal Crossing has no chance in making it to Brawl! Sure there is a stage, music, and items from animal crossing, but surely there wouldnt be a animal crossing character!"

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:24:56

I'm all for the tourney. Oh, and it's my b-day. I made a thread in the general section. I am now official returning to NG. And thank you DarkLotusJuggalo for depositing for me, when I was away for those couple of months.But why is it I don't have access to the alt account that you've made?

Founder of the Asian Users club

Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:26:36

At 11/20/07 04:17 PM, life wrote: That poor electrode. Its entire purpose in life is to explode, and its a dud. What does it have to live for now? It looks suicidal, yet it can't kill itself because it's a dud.

Electrile Dysfunction.

Oh gee wiz!

Wait what happens to him then? Does hje just disappear?

Make war, not love.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:38:02

At 11/20/07 04:17 PM, life wrote: That poor electrode. Its entire purpose in life is to explode, and its a dud. What does it have to live for now? It looks suicidal, yet it can't kill itself because it's a dud.

That's the funniest shit I've heard all day. XD

Electrile Dysfunction.

O RLY?

Anyway, those who've seen the videos would know that this item was in the game already, but I love the idea of dud bombs.

Super Smash Bros. Crew Member

PM if you want Wii/DS Friend Codes, Steam accouts for TF2, etc.

BBS Signature

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 16:45:36

At 11/20/07 01:56 AM, Rocker23220 wrote:
We cool?

Yeah. We cool dawg.

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 17:09:11

At 11/20/07 03:31 PM, Loney03DK wrote: I'm thinking there are a whole bunch of different balls but they all have the same effect, you kick 'em at someone and it hurts... WAIT!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT GAME IT'S FROM!!!!!!!!! Animal Crossing! :3

Aah, that could be true. Didn't think about that.

At 11/20/07 03:51 PM, smc316 wrote: I mean seriously people, you can't limit soccor balsl to one video game...

Dude, calm down. Seriously. You said so yourself, it's just a soccer ball, don't get so worked up about it.

At 11/20/07 04:24 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote: Oh, and it's my b-day.

Happy Birthday!! Glad to hear you're staying too.

At 11/20/07 04:45 PM, Dark-Heart wrote:
At 11/20/07 01:56 AM, Rocker23220 wrote:
We cool?
Yeah. We cool dawg.

*thumbs up*

And as far as the whole "What happens to Electrode" thing, I don't think it strictly means he's worthless, cuz it was saying that if it happens, they're like a round of hot potato. They can go off at any time, so we'll need to stay away from them.

Lol. Dud electrode inside the capsule at Norfair. NOBODY IS SAFE!!!!

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 17:17:30

At 11/20/07 04:10 PM, Loney03DK wrote:

Or Mario Strikers.

I think it's just a basic pick up and throw item. Nothing special. Like a basic Mr. Saturn.

Training mode doesn't seem to have changed at all.

The bomb looks like a fun item. And the dud feature is as helpful as a headless hammer. Almost.

I wonder if you can throw a dud Electrode?

Response to Super Smash Brothers Crew (Ssbc) 2007-11-20 17:51:56

At 11/20/07 04:17 PM, Jackotrades wrote:
"But Animal Crossing has no chance in making it to Brawl! Sure there is a stage, music, and items from animal crossing, but surely there wouldnt be a animal crossing character!"

Mark my words boy, there will be one, I don't like this idea, but there will be one, at least we will be able to kick his ass all the time we want !