00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

snoozerzz just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Supreme Court

49,119 Views | 1,850 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 03:41:19

At 8/17/04 10:17 PM, delteated wrote: if possible. Secondly, with reference to a couple of people saying Chefcoop got jonthomson to lock the NGJL, I don't think jonthomson would have done it just because Chefcoop asked him to.

Lets it be know, that when I e-mail Jonthomson about the flaming going on at the NGOM I did not ask for the NGJL to be locked. I was asking for something to be done about some of its members who were flaming the NGOM.

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 03:46:47

At 8/18/04 03:41 AM, Chefcoop wrote:
At 8/17/04 10:17 PM, delteated wrote:
Lets it be know, that when I e-mail Jonthomson about the flaming going on at the NGOM I did not ask for the NGJL to be locked. I was asking for something to be done about some of its members who were flaming the NGOM.

congrats dude, your verdict is not guilty, check out your case on the last page, the votes were as follows 2 vote innocent, 1 vote guilty, but, the guilty argument was very good :-\

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 04:28:59

Er, I saw this while it was on 15 posts, but I was banned so I couldn't join early for the nice ranks, well anyway, as I am back from my ban could I join.

And also, was it right that I should be baneed, NGJL should be locked, and Chefcoop get away with that "war" which Chefcoop started anyway.

And how can Chefcoop be innocent.

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 08:10:35

I chose prosecution, and the first person I choose to prosecute is... DyingHappily! Don't worry, I'll be nice and constructive though.

I think you catch flaming for two reasons. One is that people (especially lv 9s) who have been around NG for a few months start territorial pissing to try to gain a bit of respect around here. One way of doing that is to flame n00bs, and try to be funny while doing so. They are assholes, I know, but its just one of those things.

Another reason, however that you get flamed, is the general style of your posts. 20 out of your 41 posts are less than 1 line, and most of the rest are under 3 lines. You also use poor grammar and punctuation. When you've been around for a little longer you realise that BBS users appreciate good grarmmar and punctuation because it makes your posts much easier to read. So even if what you are saying is valid, which it sometimes is, the fact that you post it badly works against you.

Finally, the reason experienced users get away with it is that they have already built up a reputation of posting well, so the odd crap post is let slide. A n00b does not have such a reputation, and so cannot get away with the crap posts.

case closed

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 08:59:38

At 8/18/04 03:34 AM, DyingHappily wrote: I have a case for discussion:
Why do n00bs like me always catch flaming, about our posts, which commonly have an actual purpose, yet experienced users can get away with crap posts, and making fun of people all they want?

N00bs get the flameing they get for many reasons. Here's One, They have a dendency to think there post's have meaning without actually looking into it. Say they had a "Stroke of genius" and they make a club with Ranks and missions called the "NG Military" they for one think that there thread has a good valid point but the expirienced users know right away it's a "dumb pointless" club and when they say that you n00bs think your being worngfully flamed.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 11:25:39

At 8/18/04 03:34 AM, DyingHappily wrote: I have a case for discussion:
Why do n00bs like me always catch flaming, about our posts, which commonly have an actual purpose, yet experienced users can get away with crap posts, and making fun of people all they want?

Because experienced users sometimes don't like in-experienced users opinion. And if they disagree with you (or if you disagreed with what they have said) then they have the backing of sheep who dare not disagree with these NG users because they would be flamed by all the other sheep. The experienced users have already got respect and so their opinion is more important even if yours is a valid point.

EDN.

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 11:32:43

can i join?

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 12:09:08

At 8/17/04 11:23 PM, -Mr_Reaper- wrote: ok, here is another, do you think that Quikfox deserves all of the hate that he is getting, for being modlike, and flaming clubs he deems useless, or copycat threads, or ddo you just think that he is doing the right thing as an avid BBS user, and pointing out the truth, and the flaws in peoples posts?

I know this case was already desided on, but I think I should get my comment in.

I think Quikfox does take alot of shit, but he should aslo expect that when he makes enemies with every noob on the bbs. He can be harsh some time, and he can get mad way to easily. I say moderately yes, he does deserve some, but not nearly as much as he actually gets.
And I would like to be a defence attorney.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 12:23:36

At 8/18/04 08:59 AM, da_pope wrote: N00bs get the flameing they get for many reasons. Here's One, They have a dendency to think there post's have meaning without actually looking into it. Say they had a "Stroke of genius" and they make a club with Ranks and missions called the "NG Military" they for one think that there thread has a good valid point but the expirienced users know right away it's a "dumb pointless" club and when they say that you n00bs think your being worngfully flamed.

I object. He is comparing your friend to a club that Da pope was responsible for closing (NG Cossacks), I think he should choose better wording.
My opinion is that he should start off in the general forum untill he gets to about 100-150 posts, then come back in to the clubs and crews section to build more respect. I didnt read any of his posts, but here is my advice. Dont wriye things like ph33r and other such number letter combinations, clean up the grammar, and bont make to many mistakes. I have a problem were all the keys on the keyboard dont always work, and I dont proof read, so reading back on my own posts make me feel like a noob. I think Its a think everone agrees that its all in the grammar.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 12:27:07

Well I've do it. I've set up the Chefcoop Crew. This crew if some where for users who want to flame me to post. This way its easier for me to know who wants me dead.

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 15:41:25

Any more cases for us? I'm enjoying this...

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 18:24:55

At 8/18/04 03:41 PM, --delteated-- wrote: Any more cases for us? I'm enjoying this...

Tis reminds me of the original purpose for the justice league except the people come to us after the fact. That makes it mor fun. I want to start a crew, but it looks to me like every thing on the planet is now taken, any thoughts on this. I think rankng systems are good because they give a purose to being an avid member, but the only thing I can think of is army based, and its been clear for the past week that army and military clubs just dont fly any more. I would like some advice

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 18:47:43

I think we should take snares case next. I guess I'll start it off.

I dont think the NGJL should have been locked, but it didnt look like it was really going anywere to me. Even Scorpion posted a mission in the private forums to tell people on the newgrounds forum to calm the flaming down because it was getting out of control(he was banned at the time), Yes Chefcoop said that he was declaring war, but after that the NGJL flamed him mostly with non informative remarks. If I said I was going to brick your house even though I dont know you live, would you come to mine with a lighter and a can of gas? Thats pretty much the same concept. About your ban, You did spam the "I want to join the noob club" line repeatedly. I dont think it was worth a ban, but there was reason behind it. And lastly, did Chefcoop get away with his war. To me, it didnt even look like he was the one waging war. He may have said it, but thats really about it.

In my opinion, the justice league spammed and flamed the Oficer Mess repeatedly and relentlessly, on the other hand, the OM had only a few posts in the JL. I dont think your few noob coments were enough for a ban, but 1 or 2 others did deserve it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 22:02:21

*updated member/ level list, and case rulings*
1)Urial-CM
2)Gamehippy-CM
3)Thedman-CM
4)Kougakun-CM
5)masterstalker-JC#9
6)Bob-is-gawd-CM
7)DivineRage-CM
8)Blade999-JC#10
9)-noir-CM
10)LChitman-DL
11)Wazup190-DL
12)fabbsnbo-CM
13)da_pope-Lawyer (choose prosecuting, or defence)
14)delteated-JC#9
15)PlutoNash-CM
16)-snare-CM
17)mangoman-CM

Case Rulings:
Chefcoop- 2-2 (split opinions)
Da_pope/quikfox-(innocent)
n00bs vs. higher levels- high levels= (can get away with it, bc they are known)
-snare-(still anybodies case, needs more votes)

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 23:50:59

Ok I see you guys have made a judgement on the Noob Flaming but I feel I should respond. The Experiance portion of this theory is only slightly correct. If you have been here a while you know what flies & what gets thorwn in the trash compactor. I do agree with the other posting about if you have been here then an occasional one liner etc you might just get away with BUT I don't agree with with the flaming & the ridicule people throw at the newer people aka the inexperianced.

If your a long time member, a long time poster then you wheather you want it or not are a sort of role model for these boards! People will look to you and they might just follow your lead. Flaming anyone when your a long standing Member makes you look like an Idiot. You want to do some good while helping these & other boards you should set them straight in a proper manner.

Chances are you show these rookies a little self worth & just a little respect they will take what you say and put it to good use. That is too say they have half a brain in which to process that information.

The time to flame if ever is when they come back with a rude, ass like posting trying to call you every name in the book. If that occurs by all means pull out your knife & cut yourself a steak.........

Pluto Nash

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-18 23:59:30

At 8/18/04 11:50 PM, PlutoNash wrote:

Nice post, plutonash, you are now a lawyer, choose Defence, otr prosecuting I agree with you completely

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 00:46:45

At 8/18/04 11:50 PM, PlutoNash wrote: Ok I see you guys have made a judgement on the Noob Flaming but I feel I should respond. The Experiance portion of this theory is only slightly correct. If you have been here a while you know what flies & what gets thorwn in the trash compactor. I do agree with the other posting about if you have been here then an occasional one liner etc you might just get away with BUT I don't agree with with the flaming & the ridicule people throw at the newer people aka the inexperianced.

I am sorry, newgrounds is survival of the ifttest *figurativly speaking* 90% of the people on newgrounds are 14 to 19. and what happens when you put a bunch of teenagers in one room? you get in fights and arguements. well this si similar to the BBS, the person may not deserve it (sometimes) but it's tough love buddy, and if the person isn't a pussy, then they will stick around and fight back. on newgrounds you have to make a name for yourself, and you cant do that without knocking osmeone down, that is of coarse if you arn't a girl. just like real life, half the members on here are horny little kids, and when a girl comes by. they help her with whatever she needs. sorry man, flaming is the way of ng's, I can tell you havn't been flamed much because you only have 4 posts, so dont preach.

If your a long time member, a long time poster then you wheather you want it or not are a sort of role model for these boards! People will look to you and they might just follow your lead. Flaming anyone when your a long standing Member makes you look like an Idiot. You want to do some good while helping these & other boards you should set them straight in a proper manner.

well wheather you want to admit it or not, you do not look like an idiot when you are flaming someone. I can tell you are VERY inexperienced on newgrounds, because if you were, you would know that the long time users only flame people when they are flamed first (with the exception of a couple)
so they are still being a "positive romodel" by showing the n00bs how to stand up for themselves.

Chances are you show these rookies a little self worth & just a little respect they will take what you say and put it to good use. That is too say they have half a brain in which to process that information.

most n00bs do not have half a brain when it comes to the BBS, so they say stupid things, and other n00bs flame them. so then a higher up flames the n00b who flamed the other n00b, and that how flame wars usuallt start. and they are still teaching the n00b to respect the higher ups, or they will get goat fucked lol

The time to flame if ever is when they come back with a rude, ass like posting trying to call you every name in the book. If that occurs by all means pull out your knife & cut yourself a steak.........
Pluto Nash

like I said, you are obviously new to the BBS, because that happens all the time. take QuikFox for example, he tries to help peoplke and inform them, and what happens ? the stupid n00bs try to flame him for it. that is a perfect example because it happens all the time. so basically everything you said is wrong. thanx
\~W~/

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 01:44:01

At 8/19/04 12:46 AM, wazup190 wrote:
At 8/18/04 11:50 PM, PlutoNash wrote:

also a very nice post, congrats you are now a Jury member, seat # 10, congrats,
New Rule:
Once you get to Jury member level 5, you may let people join, and once you get to jury member chair 3, you may decide final rulings on cases, so keep up the hard work

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 01:58:08

At 8/19/04 01:44 AM, -Mr_Reaper- wrote: also a very nice post, congrats you are now a Jury member, seat # 10, congrats,
New Rule:
Once you get to Jury member level 5, you may let people join, and once you get to jury member chair 3, you may decide final rulings on cases, so keep up the hard work

Dude, In courts, a lawer is higher then a jury member. that would be like a demotion, unless this is not really based on real courts.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 02:10:00

At 8/19/04 01:58 AM, wazup190 wrote: Dude, In courts, a lawer is higher then a jury member. that would be like a demotion, unless this is not really based on real courts.

You have a point there... AND THE JURY DOESN'T GET PAYED! *runs over to window and throws self out* Oh well, atleast its easier to see your rank(3,2,1)

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 02:16:13

At 8/19/04 01:58 AM, wazup190 wrote:
At 8/19/04 01:44 AM, -Mr_Reaper- wrote: also a very nice post, congrats you are now a Jury member, seat # 10, congrats,
New Rule:
Dude, In courts, a lawer is higher then a jury member. that would be like a demotion, unless this is not really based on real courts.

this is sorta based off of the US Supreme court, since their are 10 or so (I dont know exactly) chairs for the judges, and the eldest judge is the first chair, so this club works like it, only, I changed the judges to "Jury members"

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 02:25:48

At 8/19/04 02:16 AM, -Mr_Reaper- wrote: this is sorta based off of the US Supreme court, since their are 10 or so (I dont know exactly) chairs for the judges, and the eldest judge is the first chair, so this club works like it, only, I changed the judges to "Jury members"

If I remember correctly, there are only 7 justices in the supreme court, but 10 is still ok.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 04:04:39

I want to sue Mr_Reaper for position of user of the day. who wants this case :P

I was baored damn it I'm so bored, I even went over to the NGOM private forum and locked a topic for no apparent reason. Any one have any cases? I know people glance in every now and then, I know every one has problems. LET US ADDRESS THEM GDI! j/k
I go night night now...

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 04:14:43

At 8/19/04 04:04 AM, MasterStalker wrote: I want to sue Mr_Reaper for position of user of the day. who wants this case :P

sorry, but I think that you mean -reaper-, not -Mr_Reaper-, huge difference

I was baored damn it I'm so bored, I even went over to the NGOM private forum and locked a topic for no apparent reason. Any one have any cases? I know people glance in every now and then, I know every one has problems. LET US ADDRESS THEM GDI! j/k
I go night night now...

Um, here is a new topic, what do you think should be done about a copycat thread, in the scenario, that it is copied after a club that died a long time ago, Do you thoink that the old club should be bumped, or that a new club should be formed, in order to re-establish a new order for the old club?

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 04:26:01

oh yeah, and a few pages back in the anime club, kouga kun got into a bit of a quarrel with his fellow members, and they keep trying to get rid of him, I havent really looked into it much, but I believe that we owe it to our fellow court member to research this quarrel to find who is at fault, there will definately be leveling up for whoever explains this one the clearest, maybe even two levels at once ^_^ (maybe, that depends)

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 08:29:59

Kouga is founder of the anime club, but not leader. Kouga tries to become leader/get more power, but Wonko doesn't like this. So he and others tried to ban Kouga from the club, but Kouga is the founder and could shut the club down. Well that is my interpretation from watching the anime club, there may be more to it.

Member of the Anime Club

I only drink the blood my enemies... and occasionally a Strawberry YooHoo .

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 10:13:21

I choose prosecuter. Sorry I wasn't posting much yesterday I won't be posting much today either... Stupid work... at least get tommorow off.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 11:47:21

At 8/19/04 04:14 AM, -Mr_Reaper- wrote: Um, here is a new topic, what do you think should be done about a copycat thread, in the scenario, that it is copied after a club that died a long time ago, Do you thoink that the old club should be bumped, or that a new club should be formed, in order to re-establish a new order for the old club?

I think copyvat threads should be locked IMMEDIATLY, mainly because if it has been done before, then it shouldn't be re-made.
people can always just use the search find the club, if it is dead, then they can see how long it's been since the leader has been on. and if he hasn't been on for a long time, the person can just take over that club. how hard is that?
really, if someone wants there own club, I think they have to think of somehting original, like the NG's city, or something like that. that club was cool, to bad it was unorganized.

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 18:07:18

At 8/19/04 08:29 AM, Dr_HyakuNinGiri wrote:

good post, but I am not looking for the specs of what happened, I am wanting to know who is at fault, so you do not level up, YET
as for you wazup, you are now a Jury member chair 9 for your post on the topic of copycat threads

Response to The Ng Supreme Court 2004-08-19 18:41:34

At 8/19/04 06:07 PM, -Mr_Reaper- wrote: as for you wazup, you are now a Jury member chair 9 for your post on the topic of copycat threads

ok thats cool, hey i was owndering if I could bring up a subject?
if I can this is what the topic is.
Do you think that me, wazup190. deserved a 2/5 as a profile rating?

Retrogade Art

BBS Signature