00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ChanningDC just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Martial Arts Club

424,632 Views | 9,144 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-12-29 22:01:29

At 12/29/04 09:34 PM, JisatsuKikai wrote: I'm shodan, my style is karate-shorenryu (Okinawan) for 4 years

Cool so what else can you tell us besides you being in it for 4 years.

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2004-12-29 22:30:34

That gives me that tickleing sensation down my spine :D

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-02 14:42:52

At 12/29/04 10:30 PM, Letahlity wrote: That gives me that tickleing sensation down my spine :D

So how many other people here have gotten halo 2 and been completely consumed by it

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-02 20:46:52

At 1/2/05 02:42 PM, dsmking wrote: So how many other people here have gotten halo 2 and been completely consumed by it

I got it, beated it in 1½ day of non-consecutive playing.
It sort of didn't get the feel of Halo though.
They nerfed too many weapons.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-04 20:46:12

At 1/2/05 08:46 PM, Letahlity wrote:
At 1/2/05 02:42 PM, dsmking wrote: So how many other people here have gotten halo 2 and been completely consumed by it
I got it, beated it in 1½ day of non-consecutive playing.
It sort of didn't get the feel of Halo though.
They nerfed too many weapons.

Hey i like the nerfs. heat seeking rockets, brute plasma, pisto. I always thought the pistol was cheap in the first one. If you ever wanna play me get me at dsmking. very original

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-05 18:26:26

At 1/4/05 08:46 PM, dsmking wrote: Hey i like the nerfs. heat seeking rockets, brute plasma, pisto. I always thought the pistol was cheap in the first one. If you ever wanna play me get me at dsmking. very original

True, the pistol was cheap as mofo, but instead everyone's racing towards the battle rifle or whatever. My little brother is a pain in the ass cause he has some skill in it... + he's an evil camper.
I'll look for you when/if I get Xbox Live. I've been considering it for some time now and I got some spare money over, so...

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-06 15:13:45

At 1/5/05 06:26 PM, Letahlity wrote:
True, the pistol was cheap as mofo, but instead everyone's racing towards the battle rifle or whatever. My little brother is a pain in the ass cause he has some skill in it... + he's an evil camper.

Hey if you are good at camping go for it. Im not to good of a camper but i got pretty good at it. *psst* if he camps and uses aimers the whole time just sneak up behind him and whack.

I'll look for you when/if I get Xbox Live. I've been considering it for some time now and I got some spare money over, so...

BE WARNED. Most xbox live people are crazy mofos

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-07 07:24:57

Jesus, I thought this club went bye bye. Holy shit, it's still here.

Oh well still training hard.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-07 07:46:44

At 1/7/05 07:24 AM, -Akula- wrote: Jesus, I thought this club went bye bye. Holy shit, it's still here.

Well, we're trying. Anything coming up? Any fun event or...?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-07 07:52:19

At 1/7/05 07:46 AM, Letahlity wrote:
At 1/7/05 07:24 AM, -Akula- wrote: Jesus, I thought this club went bye bye. Holy shit, it's still here.

Well, we're trying. Anything coming up? Any fun event or...?

Ok I have been doing kickboxing for less than 6 months, now seriously I don't think I would enter events just yet.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-07 22:17:08

At 1/7/05 07:52 AM, -Akula- wrote:
At 1/7/05 07:46 AM, Letahlity wrote:
Ok I have been doing kickboxing for less than 6 months, now seriously I don't think I would enter events just yet.

The worse thing that could happen is that you get KO'd.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-08 23:45:37

I always work during kick boxing classes at my TKD dojang so it kind of bites. I just take regular class instead, i have to much energy right now for kick boxing.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-09 11:42:00

At 1/8/05 11:45 PM, dsmking wrote: I always work during kick boxing classes at my TKD dojang so it kind of bites. I just take regular class instead, i have to much energy right now for kick boxing.

Your dojang teaches kickboxing as well? Full-contact sparring? If so, i'd definitly take the class.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-09 12:53:02

At 1/9/05 11:42 AM, Letahlity wrote:
Your dojang teaches kickboxing as well? Full-contact sparring? If so, i'd definitly take the class.

Ya we do kickboxing classes, no contact on to other people though. ANd we do spar as well. They are now gonna start doing yoga as well but ill never take that. NOt cause i think its sissyish but because work again, and i like taking tae kwon do classes more than anything else

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-10 13:22:38

At 1/9/05 12:53 PM, dsmking wrote: Ya we do kickboxing classes, no contact on to other people though. ANd we do spar as well. They are now gonna start doing yoga as well but ill never take that. NOt cause i think its sissyish but because work again, and i like taking tae kwon do classes more than anything else

It's OK to say that Yoga is sissyish. Seriously.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-10 21:13:26

At 1/10/05 01:22 PM, Letahlity wrote:
It's OK to say that Yoga is sissyish. Seriously.

Yoga is more of a meditation martial arts so its not supposed to be contact. And also it improves alot of your kicks by doing it.

On a completely unrelated matter, my friend is building a website and he is taking links to sites you visit alot. Im gonna put this club on it so we might get more people, sadly its a video game site though. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-10 22:32:15

Lemme join your club, and pose a question!! what would be the best martial art in your opinions? im seriously thinking about talking up a martial art but theres too much choice, and without commiting to a style, i have no way of knowing whats best, i used to do karate, but it was ages ago and wanna try something different!

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-11 08:03:43

At 1/10/05 10:32 PM, -Mako- wrote: Lemme join your club, and pose a question!! what would be the best martial art in your opinions? im seriously thinking about talking up a martial art but theres too much choice, and without commiting to a style, i have no way of knowing whats best, i used to do karate, but it was ages ago and wanna try something different!

I'll be glad to help, just tell me what kind of martial art you're looking for.
Is it self-defence?
Are you looking for full-contact sparring?
Or are you looking for a martial art that focuses alot more on patterns and performing techniques into blind air?

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-11 16:55:38

At 1/10/05 10:32 PM, -Mako- wrote: Lemme join your club, and pose a question!! what would be the best martial art in your opinions? im seriously thinking about talking up a martial art but theres too much choice, and without commiting to a style, i have no way of knowing whats best, i used to do karate, but it was ages ago and wanna try something different!

Well i do Tae Kwon Do and i personally love it. It really depends on what you are looking for in a martial arts. I suggest Tae Kwon Do it is pretty popular. Are you sure it was Karate you used to take. Cause many martial arts places say karate when it is really something else because to most people all martial arts are karate. Such as my family. Pisses me off at times.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-19 21:17:56

Ah so hows everyone been. Seems that no one has come in a while :(. That doesnt mean you shouldnt post

So let me bring up another martial arts matter that affects everyone. Some people believe that the martial arts are commercializing to fast and that the standards have gone down. What do you think.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-21 12:16:26

At 1/19/05 09:17 PM, dsmking wrote: Ah so hows everyone been. Seems that no one has come in a while :(. That doesnt mean you shouldnt post

Yo, chibi. I know... there was just nothing to reply at, it felt like.
And I don't post alot around the other NG forums.
People think with their ass, yes?

So let me bring up another martial arts matter that affects everyone. Some people believe that the martial arts are commercializing to fast and that the standards have gone down. What do you think.

It's definitly negative. Individuals are intelligent, strong. People are stupid.
I'll quote Blade of the Immortal for this one.

"There are fools out there looking for spirituality in the sword. But if you're dead, well... dead men can't preach. First, you have to win! Before a warrior opens his mouth... he has to kill the enemy in front of him. Four hundred new sword schools established since the founding of the Shogunate. Four hundred! But that doesn't mean swordsmanship is flourishing... it just means a lot of bored samurai are selling their skills to buy rice! They can't offer content... So they babble about spirit! And to keep other schools from stealing their students -- their money-bags-- they cook up useless "secret techniques"... Just so they'll look diffrent from other schools. And God forbid those moneybags get hurt! Oh, no, it's face-guards! Gloves! Body armor! Light bamboo swords! So what do you wind up with? Peacetime warriors who have never faced a naked blade; felt the fear of death! If war breaks out, what will these hollow men be good for? Nothing, that's what! What i'm trying to do in these mountains is to train warriors of the old school! Men who can survive the chaos that will surely visit this nation again one day." - BOTI

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-21 12:31:00

Hey everyone, sorry for not beeing here for a LOOONNNGG time.. O:P
Here's an israeli Martial Arts Forum, but i dont suppouse that you'd understand something O.o

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-22 10:25:18

No sire, I don't.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-22 16:55:34

At 1/21/05 12:31 PM, carmelhadinosaur wrote: Hey everyone, sorry for not beeing here for a LOOONNNGG time.. O:P
Here's an israeli Martial Arts Forum, but i dont suppouse that you'd understand something O.o

YAY CAMELS BACK!!!!!!! Camel if you read this before 5 Eastern pacific time go to chatzy heres the link.
Chatzy

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-22 23:26:25

Okay i am sick of everyone here just coming here or complaining how the club is dying. You know why the club is dying because everyone has forgotten why they are in this club. IN this club we discuss how martial arts is to us, how we train, how we philospize our martial arts. If you never post here because you think nothing is good to talk about then you arent training very hard. When you train hard thats all you think about, all you really want to talk about, i know how that is with me. So everybody post your experiences, post your life!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-23 00:03:12

At 1/22/05 04:55 PM, dsmking wrote: YAY CAMELS BACK!!!!!!! Camel if you read this before 5 Eastern pacific time go to chatzy heres the link.
Chatzy

Oh kewl!!!
Sorry, i would have had but there are 8 hours of school to go now, and right after it a one hour training, so blergh o.O

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-23 00:37:02

At 1/23/05 12:03 AM, carmelhadinosaur wrote:
Oh kewl!!!
Sorry, i would have had but there are 8 hours of school to go now, and right after it a one hour training, so blergh o.O

It never happened but i did talk to shin and he said he is able to get on the BBS again so its all good.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-25 17:16:45

May we have your opinion on the commercializing of martial arts?
You already have my response right up there.

I'm just trying to kick some life into this.

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-30 00:34:08

At 1/25/05 05:16 PM, Letahlity wrote: May we have your opinion on the commercializing of martial arts?
You already have my response right up there.

I'm just trying to kick some life into this.

In some ways it is and in some ways it isnt. One good way of telling is the fact that most people call all martial arts karate. Although that is more of a stupidity thing. The fact that some dojos/dojangs/etc. just try to sell you things. For example my old place tried to sell everything to you. After you test you could pay like 30 dollars more to frame your certificate. Sold weapons for like 30 times more that they are and they also had the power rangers in the front window for like 10 years to try to make people go in. It really isnt martial arts is commercializing, mainly just corrupt money hungry martial artist.

BBS Signature

Response to Martial Arts Club 2005-01-30 03:52:02

Hello everybody!
Since I do not visit the forums that often on NG, this time I went to clubs & Crews with the though if there's a Martial Arts Club. And wow, there is! So I went on reading me through it and it was kinda nice atmosphere here (I didn't make it trough the 43 pages though...).

Well, I'd like to join, because I'm a martial arts freak, too.
When I was 6 years young, my mother sent me to a Tae Kwon Do school, because I got beaten up at preschool. Somehow, I swamped that remebrance out where I got beaten up, but my mother told me, everytime I got home, I had new bruises. Maybe it's the body's own system to skip some awful experiences? But there is for sure one day I do remember and that's when the two boys, who did that to me, confronted me again. But this time they had no fun, because I striked back. Finally, we all got best friends after that *LOL* Somehow, that could be deep philosophy.. if you have an enemie that's stronger than you, try to be friends.

When I look back, I'm very glad, that my mother introduced me with it, because now it has become a great part of my life. I made it to the 3th Dan when I was 13 (yeah, I know, you should be over 15 to be able to have it, but I impressed my teacher by certain things *gg). Sadly, I had to take a break because of a knee injurie - I expanded too much on my kicks (too much dumb enthusiasm *gg). And then, the smartassme, I was on a party and friends of mine wanted me to make some show. So they had bricks of glass and I should crush them. I did, but I got injured, because of glas splinters drilled deep into my hand. That was OUCH! After recovering from all that I wanted to return to my TaeKwonDo school, but the teacher gave up his school :-(

Then I paused for a long time (I shouldn't had..), but the drilling was somewhere deep inside. From time to time, I tried to keep up the good spirit and did my pooms, but I hadn't much room in my room and had at that time a bunch of crappy friends who thought that taekwondo was shit... bad influence on me.. Then the inspiration came back, thanks to tv showing bloodsports *LOL* I started practicing again and I tried to learn kickboxing (tapes, pictures, books). Was pretty good going, but then I had to focus on graduating from high school. One year pause, I looked up the internet for aerobics, found this and that, nothing really interesting except the stuff from billy blanks Tae Bo *lol*. I got the tapes and did it, it got me back in a great shape and it brang me back in the mood for the real stuff again. Now, I'm looking for something new, wheter it will be Capoeira or I make a visit at our Shaolin Temple here to learn something about the Shaolin Wushu. I got several videos on both and I'm just impressed what they are able to do!

So far from me ;)