00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fable 2004-07-28 19:03:45

I'm simply placing out a feeler to see if anyone is interested in the upcoming xbox RPG Fable by Big Blue Box.

purpose:
-Discuss upcoming game
-Discuss the game (once its out Sept 14th)

-please post if you are interested.

Response to Fable 2004-07-28 19:04:41

boooooo to xbox

Response to Fable 2004-07-28 19:06:08

At 7/28/04 07:04 PM, ChaosFVII wrote: boooooo to xbox

-yes your opinion of the xbox is duely noted. My question is why on earth would you waste your time posting that in this thread?

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:13:12

yes it is going to be a very good game. It will also be hard to get this club off the ground since there is alot of anti-xbox mentallity...basicly everywhere. But i can at least if this club dies provide some good information if someone happens to be looking for it.

Gamespot. the place i first learned about it.
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/fable/index.html?q=Fable

Alter-Ego. great source of information.
http://alterego.lionhead.net/wordpress/index.php

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:21:33

I really want to get it when it comes out... it looks awesome, the graphics, the customization, everything, I love Peter Molyneuix's games, they are soo awesome and personal

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:25:18

A true believer i knew there was some on NG. So far peter hasn't let me down. I was impressed and pleased when i found he was the leader of Bullfrog which made the Dungeon keeper series.

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:26:43

Black and White is by far my fav so far... Fable or the Movies next... I can't wait until the Movies comes out... I have THE best movie idea

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:29:38

Thats surprising that you aren't looking forward to Black and White 2 instead if Black and White was your fav. I don't know about my opinion on the movies. It looks like it could be either real good or real bad. Sort of like a glorified Sims.

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:32:21

Sims was very "control everything" I hated that... I love Molyneuix's idea, you can have as much control as you want... that is what they are focusing on for the movies, you can let a movie be made with some direction, or you can take charge and promote your studio and make movies peice by peice, I heard w./ the PC version they are going to let you record your own dialogue

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 01:35:49

Recording your own dialogue would be ridiculously fun.

-how long you been following Fable? I'm still trying to decide if i'm going to go all the way magic or all the way strength the first time through. And if i'm going to be good or evil for that matter. I always try to be evil but always wind up being good.

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 11:16:21

maestro, it seems we meet again. i too have been anxiously awaiting this games arrival, ive had it reserved since april! you can imagine my frustration when the release date got pushed from june to september, but thats ok. id rather get an awesome game and have to wait for it, than a crap game with a bunch of glithches...so, can i join your little discussion group?

...i've been here a while...

This is my awesome new sig...Do you like it?

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 11:43:55

By all means you may join Turbo. I too was crushed when they told us that it would be shipping in September. But now that its nearly August it really doesn't seem that bad. I was acually really happy when the moved the release date back from the 21st to the 13th. I haven't reserved a copy yet for myself. Where'd you reserve your game at. If you did it at EB did you get the DVD?

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 11:45:08

Hey isn't this fable a remake of the previous game?

When the hell did I become level 10? I level whilst being completly inactive, that's how much I rock ! ^^

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 12:33:01

At 7/29/04 11:43 AM, Maestro1017 wrote: Where'd you reserve your game at. If you did it at EB did you get the DVD?

i reserved it at gamestop...ages ago it seems now, im pretty sure ill get the first shipment...all reservers should depending on how many people did...i would get out there and pre-order myself one soon if i were you, just to be safe...wait...EB gives you a DVD?! DAMMIT! wtf kids...wtf...oh well, thanks for lettin me in your little club here...if you want a game to hold ya over until Fable, you need to get Morrowind...its my favorite game thus far, and im anxious to see how much better fable will be...

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 17:31:01

At 7/29/04 01:35 AM, Maestro1017 wrote: -how long you been following Fable? I'm still trying to decide if i'm going to go all the way magic or all the way strength the first time through. And if i'm going to be good or evil for that matter. I always try to be evil but always wind up being good.

I've been following Fable since "Project: Ego" first surfaced at E3 02 I think...

I'm going to be sneaky strong and dark... and pretty much neutral but on the more mischevious side... like kill ppl during the night and then go back home...

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 17:48:17

HEIL XBOX

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 18:44:19

-Darker breed- I'm going to try to be a Good character that concentrates on strength and agility aka bow. But since i started out wanting to do that i'm positive that i will wind up being Satan in carnate and only use magic.

-Has everyone checked out the Will Compendium on Alter Ego. I like what they've done with it. It looks like there are spells for every conceivable character to use. Archer aka multi arrow, Heal for our bruiser, Assassin rush, for the theif.

-and yes Redangleprince is my friend.

Response to Fable 2004-07-29 18:46:00

At 7/29/04 11:45 AM, Joic wrote: Hey isn't this fable a remake of the previous game?

-no it is not. In fact Fable was originally entitled Project Ego because the original fable game had rights to the name. As soon as it lost them. BBB and lionhead scooped it up and what was Project Ego is now Fable.

Response to Fable 2004-07-31 13:44:10

At 7/31/04 01:34 PM, The_Redangleprince wrote: Meh, I dunno why, But I feel compeled to help out a friend in need so...

Bump.

Fable sounds good...I'll get it SHOULD I EVER GET A X-BOX!!!!!!

Haha...yeah same here...in both things he just said. I'm sure they'll come to their senses and make a PS2 version...I hope.

(pssst...Maestro...look at my sig. kthx)

BBS Signature

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 10:52:58

I couldn't have lost internet at a worst time. My poor little fledgling of a club.

As for my two friends who are kindly helping me out. I should make the statement that xbox > than all. So far as i hear Fable is an xbox exclusive. What does that mean? that means you need to pray it comes out for the pc. Cause it ain't coming out for the PS2.

-to the people that actully check this. i reserved my copy of Fable, Halo2, and Grand theft Auto San Andreas two days ago.

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 11:20:30

Want to know what's great? While everybody is running around trying to buy the game at games stop, all i'll have to do is walk in and ask for a copy and they'll give it to me. I paid off the whole game already, and Halo 2 special edition as well.

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 12:42:53

At 8/3/04 10:52 AM, Maestro1017 wrote: -to the people that actully check this. i reserved my copy of Fable, Halo2, and Grand theft Auto San Andreas two days ago.

cool beans...where did you go to reserve them? and did you get that DVD you were talking about?

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 12:54:48

a fable club?!? this is extremely retarded. what will you do if the game turns out to be shit?

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 15:03:47

I went to eb games to reserve them. As for did i get the Dvd. Alas i did not. I was bitterly disappointed. But by trading in 6 games that i did not want i got $20 off on all of the reserved games. so i'm still happy.

As for our little flamer. If the game turns out to be shit then this will be the place for people to voice how much lionhead and BBB suck. But, it is also apparent that you do not do your research. Do you even know who the lead designer is? I gurantee you it will not suck.

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 15:48:58

At 8/3/04 03:03 PM, Maestro1017 wrote: I gurantee you it will not suck.

indeed it will not. Peter M...weird french name i cant spell or pronounce is a legend. Fable will be a game to cherish for all RPG fans...as for the DVD, im sorry you were disapointed, but im glad you got some money off.

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 17:45:31

At 8/3/04 03:03 PM, Maestro1017 wrote: As for our little flamer. If the game turns out to be shit then this will be the place for people to voice how much lionhead and BBB suck. But, it is also apparent that you do not do your research. Do you even know who the lead designer is? I gurantee you it will not suck.

fuck research. besides, have you heard of Devil May Cry 2?

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 19:14:27

yes i have heard of Devil May Cry 2. But what does that have to do with Fable? If you are not going to constructively participate, I'd like you to stop posting here.

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 21:21:37

At 8/3/04 07:14 PM, Maestro1017 wrote: yes i have heard of Devil May Cry 2. But what does that have to do with Fable? If you are not going to constructively participate, I'd like you to stop posting here.

I second that... so... I got an idea, how about all the members tell us how they think their character will turn out?

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 21:38:44

At 8/3/04 10:52 AM, Maestro1017 wrote: -to the people that actully check this. i reserved my copy of Fable, Halo2, and Grand theft Auto San Andreas two days ago.

Firstly I'd like to ask if I can join? Fable looks like it's going to be the king of RPG games. I want to make 2 separate files, one would take the good route, and the other would take the evil route.

I'm also going to preorder Fable and Halo 2. But I didn't think GTA San Andreas was going to be for Xbox? Has this changed, or is it still PS2 exclusive?

Response to Fable 2004-08-03 22:01:31

GTA: SA is only for PS2 so far...