00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpicyTurtlArt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dump & Other Account Updates

17,779 Views | 137 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 02:40:27

At 10/12/22 12:04 PM, Cyberdevil wrote:
At 10/12/22 10:27 AM, Yazza wrote: Thanks man
Sure thing. You can get to these via the 'upload' icon on the top right of the page too, this thing:

Thanks again

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 03:24:28

At 10/12/22 08:55 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/12/22 08:29 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Just to be a bit more constructive - I'd suggest turning off A rated content on first visit, and have the filters pop up the first time you visit the website, on the front page. Settings saved in the cache.
The A-rating filter is off by default (if you load NG incognito you'll see what new visitors see). To enable it, someone has to create an 18+ account and then enable the A filter.

I have some questions for my team.

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 05:01:13

At 10/12/22 09:28 PM, CreeperFace047 wrote: I respect the dumping grounds move. I would like to add the following; that by becoming a supporter that you would get extra storage. Not 100% needed but would be a great perk! I'm open to anyone's opinion.

It used to be that way, though now when only Supporters can get dump space maybe that won't work so well?

Hopefully users who were grandfathered in without Supporter status can still upgrade and get double.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 05:35:34

At 10/12/22 11:10 AM, BandanArtson wrote: I'm really glad there's a dump for tossing away stuff that takes away space.

It's a great update, over all

@BandanArtson

It can be as useful, as you are creative.

Keep the good updates coming.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 08:43:43

At 10/13/22 03:24 AM, KoniWorx wrote:
At 10/12/22 08:55 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/12/22 08:29 AM, KoniWorx wrote: Just to be a bit more constructive - I'd suggest turning off A rated content on first visit, and have the filters pop up the first time you visit the website, on the front page. Settings saved in the cache.
The A-rating filter is off by default (if you load NG incognito you'll see what new visitors see). To enable it, someone has to create an 18+ account and then enable the A filter.
I have some questions for my team.

We did have a bug on Monday where new 18+ accounts had A on by default, although I'm pretty sure that only happened on Monday. It's possible it was happening BEFORE Monday though, so someone on your team may have experienced that.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 16:10:56

At 10/13/22 02:49 PM, SolaireOfParaguay wrote: Well, everyone has a Google Drive account, so I believe this change is more than fair.

Tom Fulp when he realizes that.

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Newgrounds!

Check out the Hell Alex Animated Trailer on Youtube!

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 18:04:33

Is increased profile customization currently in discussion? The avatar shapes have got me in the mood for more personalization.

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 18:53:11

Please don’t have me required to put a birthdate on my account to view A-Rated content.

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 21:05:04

At 10/13/22 06:04 PM, GlassPen123 wrote: Is increased profile customization currently in discussion? The avatar shapes have got me in the mood for more personalization.

There are lots of things we hope to do in that space but none of them feel like they will be very soon. Have anything in particular you're hoping for the most?

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 22:31:05

At 10/13/22 02:49 PM, SolaireOfParaguay wrote: Well, everyone has a Google Drive account, so I believe this change is more than fair.

Google Drive is okay. I suppose I am more familiar with NewGround's system.

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-13 23:46:30

I took a little peek at the replies, and...

I am honestly really proud of you all for being so kind and understanding of the dump, a free luxury in the past, becoming Supporter-Only/Paid. It really says a lot about this community.

I really wish I could have said the same about the Clip Studio Paint community when updates (specifically ones that add new features) could no longer be given for free once 2023 rolls in. I didn't realize just how spoiled the CSP community really was with that kind of luxury for the past 10 years until it could no longer be sustained. And artists still harass CSP on Twitter about it today. (I don't like the idea of the update pass either, but I feel things were blown out of proportion and people jumped to conclusions way to quickly).

Anyway, again I am so proud of you all for being kind to Tom about a necessary change and not treating him like a puppy murderer over a free feature no longer being free. Maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but still, it makes me happy when people don't act like spoiled brats when necessary business changes come.

💖🌈A Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!🌈💖

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-14 00:28:42

I think to help server space and fight spam, people who are new users should have to work in a newgrounds kitchen that feeds the homeless

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

as an idea on the blurring thing, you could create a system where there is a hovering button set on either the right or left of the main body,

iu_774843_1892271.webp

the blur option could blur thumbnails or user banner (adult) pages even if you had Adult content enabled, good to be able to hot click to hide pictures from wandering public eyes or if kids or a family member wanders by your screen

data, could turn off or on side screen art, reduce or scale back the number of Mb per photo that loads

light/dark could turn the screen white or dark for the user on the fly, useful if they are on a cellphone and in the day time when the sun is glaring on their screen at either home or cellphone

then 2 user custom buttons that can be set to things that the user deems objectively needed for their benefit... macro buttons for instance

@TomFulp

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-14 06:13:11

At 10/13/22 06:53 PM, LightningKiddy wrote: Please don’t have me required to put a birthdate on my account to view A-Rated content.

@LightningKiddy

I'm just curious, why would that be such a bad thing?

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-14 10:13:03

Heh, “dump”

hello

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-14 14:08:09

At 10/13/22 09:05 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/13/22 06:04 PM, GlassPen123 wrote: Is increased profile customization currently in discussion? The avatar shapes have got me in the mood for more personalization.
There are lots of things we hope to do in that space but none of them feel like they will be very soon. Have anything in particular you're hoping for the most?

Custom backgrounds would definitely be an awesome addition, all that empty gray space just feels like a waste.

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-14 14:18:42

At 10/14/22 11:15 AM, Zoe wrote:
At 10/11/22 08:05 AM, Luis wrote: I wish dumping ground supported mp4. Now that the portal supports it, i generally like to share mp4's privately for feedback since swf isnt supported on phones. Seems like a no-brainer. Kinda wish i had more storage but maybe i should just get rid of some stufffff...

also first post.
Isn’t it easier to make a project without uploading it? and share a preview.

No cause not everything i make i want published to newgrounds. And making a project guilts me into publishing it.

None

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-14 15:32:14

At 10/13/22 11:46 PM, ChromaCee wrote: I took a little peek at the replies, and...

I am honestly really proud of you all for being so kind and understanding of the dump, a free luxury in the past, becoming Supporter-Only/Paid. It really says a lot about this community.

NewGrounds has many awesome users.

I really wish I could have said the same about the Clip Studio Paint community when updates (specifically ones that add new features) could no longer be given for free once 2023 rolls in. I didn't realize just how spoiled the CSP community really was with that kind of luxury for the past 10 years until it could no longer be sustained. And artists still harass CSP on Twitter about it today. (I don't like the idea of the update pass either, but I feel things were blown out of proportion and people jumped to conclusions way to quickly).

That was some series drama.

Anyway, again I am so proud of you all for being kind about a necessary change and not treating him like a puppy murderer over a free feature no longer being free. Maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges here, but still, it makes me happy when people don't act like spoiled brats when necessary business changes come.

Glad to hear that we could make you happy. :)

@ChromaCee

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-15 04:14:24

At 10/14/22 12:28 AM, Boss wrote: I think to help server space and fight spam, people who are new users should have to work in a newgrounds kitchen that feeds the homeless

Nothing wrong with feeding the homeless. Somebody has to do it.

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-16 00:37:28

I don't get it, does that mean if I never used it before now, Its not available to me?

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-16 06:50:32

At 10/16/22 12:37 AM, MariaRenard wrote: I don't get it, does that mean if I never used it before now, Its not available to me?

Based on the date your account was created, you should still have access to use it without being a Supporter.

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-16 13:33:56

sounds like a good little update, hope things are going good at the office! Cheers Tom! <3

bubba gump

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-16 17:51:21

At 10/10/22 11:34 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 10/10/22 11:29 AM, GeoKureli wrote:
At 10/10/22 10:58 AM, TomFulp wrote: We’ve re-enabled the registration gates on A-rated content, which had been disabled previously due to the high volume of new accounts and associated anti-spam API calls; hence the reshuffling of where we do spam checks.
Im confused by the wording, here, does adult content require a login? Is this also a reaction to what happened to sevi's YouTube vid: https://twitter.com/Sevi____/status/1579225618054803456?t=aXWN6He0O56ps2zjyHTq_w
Im glad NG is gaining members but why so many new accounts all the sudden?
That is correct, viewing adult content requires a login now. This is unrelated to what happened to Sevi, it's something we had done previously but due to the large increase in sign-ups, we had to roll it back because the third party spam checks became too expensive. Today's update is why there are suddenly so many new accounts; a lot of people want to view adult content and now they need to make accounts.

Didn’t you always have to create the account to view adult content in general? I remember logging out and not able to view adult content

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-17 04:29:03

Sounds like good changes. Especially the anti spam. I'm just happy I haven't run into any spam at all recently that I can recall.

It's only fun if you get a scar out of it

Team Fortress 2 club

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-17 08:49:20

At 10/16/22 05:51 PM, AKA-38CAUTION wrote: Didn’t you always have to create the account to view adult content in general? I remember logging out and not able to view adult content

You needed an account to enable A filters but direct links to A content worked when the registration gate wasn't in place. You might have tried while the gate was in place.

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-19 10:03:22

Haven't been here for that long but sounds like sensibe and necessary changes, especially the anti-spam feature. It's nice to see this place has a moderation with a pulse that's not holistically retarded to boot, unlike certain other places *spits*

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-19 11:50:47

Question on behalf of voice actors --

Is it safe to assume that the reason Dumping Grounds doesn't allow the sharing of audio files is out of worry for hotlinking copyrighted content? Is this something you've ever considered revisiting?

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-19 12:44:15

At 10/19/22 11:50 AM, Pop-Tart wrote: Question on behalf of voice actors --

Is it safe to assume that the reason Dumping Grounds doesn't allow the sharing of audio files is out of worry for hotlinking copyrighted content? Is this something you've ever considered revisiting?

Illegal music sharing has been the big concern there, it's something we might reconsider since access will be more restricted moving forward. We have a list of other file formats we should add support for, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-20 00:24:31

At 10/19/22 10:03 AM, EyeballEarth wrote: Haven't been here for that long but sounds like sensibe and necessary changes, especially the anti-spam feature. It's nice to see this place has a moderation with a pulse that's not holistically retarded to boot, unlike certain other places *spits*

@EyeballEarth

Which other places are you talking about? Care to share some of them?

BBS Signature

Response to Dump & Other Account Updates 2022-10-20 02:46:05

Would it be easy to add Ruffle support to the swf's uploaded to the dump?

Might be one of those nice to haves sorta things.

GO PLAY BIRD ON BIRD!!

BBS Signature