00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BloodyPeckii just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️

4,472 Views | 34 Replies
Respond to this Topic

There have been a number of events this year that have yielded a large amount of art, so I thought I’d take a moment to highlight them!

Rumble Reveal

Starting in January, @Bill wrapped up the NG Rumble Character Reveal Art Contest, where artists were tasked with creating fighting game versions of their favorite characters on NG, with prizes for the winners.

👁️ Eyeball the Rumble Reveal Entries

Abobo’s Big Adventure

To celebrate the 10 year anniversary of Abobo’s Big Adventure, @BoMToons announced an Abobo Art Contest, with prizes for the winners.

👁️ Eyeball the Abobo Entries

Side note, Abobo’s Big Adventure continues to run in browsers thanks to Ruffle, an open-source Flash emulator created by @Mike that now has a bunch of smart people working on it. NG has been a sponsor from the start and you can sponsor it or get involved, too! We host an annual Flash Forward Jam here on NG; the next one kicks off in January 2023.

Pixel Day

Every year, January 23rd is Pixel Day on Newgrounds! Everyone is invited to create original pixel art, animations, games and chiptunes to celebrate the day. The art category is full of goodies and considering all the pixel artists out there, it has the most potential to really blow up in the years ahead.

👁️ Eyeball the Pixel Day Art Entries

Creepypasta Collab

@Emizip organized this frightening collab where "all your favorite Newgrounds mascots will bleed hyper realistic blood and be gored horribly or some shit like that, look the point is you're gonna draw Newgrounds characters in shit a 12 year old in 2014 would find scary."

👁️ Eyeball the Creepypasta Collab Entries

Ball Frog

@Rhys510 and @Komix hosted a BallFrog Art Contest, to celebrate BallFrog on Steam, with prizes for both art and animation winners.

👁️ Eyeball the Ball Frog Art Entries

Super Raft Boat

@JasoonMargoon hosted a Super Raft Boat Art Contest to celebrate one year of SRB here on the web, with prizes for the winners.

👁️ Eyeball the Super Raft Boat Entries

Dankmen

For April Fools we pretended to have created Dankmen NFTs. This wasn’t a contest but it resulted in a lot of Dankmen art!

👁️ Eyeball the Dankmen Art

Pico Day

Pico Day has seen new life since the success of Friday Night Funkin’ and things didn’t slow down a bit this year.

👁️ Eyeball the Pico Day Art

Summer Lovin’ Animation Jam

@BrandyBuizel hosted the Summer Lovin' Animation Jam, inviting artists to share their ideas of a happy summer experience via animated entries in the Art Portal. There were prizes for the winners and a large number of entries were combined into a music video collab, set to “summer breeze” by @Droid.

👁️ Eyeball the Summer Lovin’ Entries

Ugasi Art Contest

The Ugasi Show celebrated their one year anniversary with an art contest and prizes for the winners!

👁️ Eyeball the Ugasi Entries

Clock Day

Clock Day is an annual celebration of the Clock Crew and while art hasn’t been a huge focus, there are still a decent number of art entries. Something to consider for future years, if you want to paint a beautiful clock one day! If you want to learn more about the Clock Crew, @Noodle made a good explainer video.

👁️ Eyeball the Clock Day Art

Lamb Jam

To celebrate the release of Cult of the Lamb, we hosted a Lamb Jam where artists were invited to create their own cult leaders. Winners were picked by the team behind the game, who happen to be NG veterans!

👁️ Eyeball the Lamb Jam Entries

Chenso Club Art Contest

To celebrate the release of Chenso Club, the CC team hosted a Chenso Club Art Contest with prizes. Expect the winners of this event to be announced soon, at which point I’ll probably update this post!

👁️ Eyeball the Chenso Club Entries

Madness Day

This week we celebrated Madness Day, an annual event inspired by the Madness series by @Krinkels. Traditionally this has been an animation-heavy event but the art is increasingly phenomenal!

👁️ Eyeball the Madness Day Art Entries

Halloween Spooktacular

Next up is our Halloween Spooktacular, where any creepy / spooky / horror-themed art is welcome to compete for prizes, alongside animation, games and music!

We’re currently fundraising for our Spooktacular prizes. If you have the means and love Halloween, donate on our Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards the Spooktacular. You can optionally specify which category (movies, games, art, music) you would like to contribute to.

So far, @quantumskoo, @Andre601, @CassieBee, @arkoirisangel, @DrSevenSeizeMD, @NamelessNathan, @ProsciuttoMan, @Bleak-Creep, @53xy83457, @OviManic, @GrantTheHierophant, @Wegra, @warvester, @Zombie-Pimp and @Malachy have contributed to the prize pool!

Summary

Let me know if I missed anything from 2022! It’s wild to look back at the sheer volume of art that has originated from these events and the year isn’t even over. And this doesn’t even include animation, games and music! Thank you everyone who participates in these events and helps make NG interesting and unique.

iu_759473_1.gif

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 18:02:47

Looks like I'm gonna be busy reviewing for a while haha

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 18:14:39

a whole lot of 👁 in this post

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 18:38:10

stop looking at me!

Froggo is always watching.

I'm going to shit your pants

[Pronouns are they/them btw]

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 18:48:46

oh my lord he did not just hit me with that double single eye

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 18:51:08

what?

Flash portable is trash in first time, later it gets better

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 19:01:02

I want to kiss you on the mouth 👁🫦👁

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 20:14:34

That is going to be so much to check out. Looking good.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 20:39:52

Tom plays doors?! 👁

I Love Muzy Frile.

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 20:51:52

That's a-lot of eyes.

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 23:18:17

At 9/24/22 06:14 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: a whole lot of 👁 in this post

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Is it a sign?

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 23:23:58

At 9/24/22 11:18 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/24/22 06:14 PM, BrandyBuizel wrote: a whole lot of 👁 in this post
Yeah, I noticed that as well. Is it a sign?

iu_759533_5660743.webp

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 23:24:18

Cute cat collab?

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 23:37:08

I missed half of these art contests. I need to stop joining them late.

Let's go

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-24 23:47:58

And now we wait for Secret Santa which may be the biggest one yet!

OviVixen Master Demo (18+)

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 00:14:09

At 9/24/22 06:48 PM, rm wrote: oh my lord he did not just hit me with that double single eye

oh yes, he did. It's on like Donkey Kong.

BBS Signature

I missed the schedule for two I wanted to try, pico's day and madness's day.

But I made up for it with four others (... so far!): Abobo, Pixel, Cult of the Lamb and Chenso Club.

Big events!

Congrats to all participants, and THANK YOU NEWGROUNDS FOR EXISTING !

Life is a game !

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 02:48:16

Awesome Overview! Newgrounds wouldn't be complete without having Melon Bread from Gunstar Heroes takes the cake as a cameo appearance! Wonder if Tom Fulp recruit Melon Bread for his NG tankmen armies or officially shows up as a boss opponent cameo for FNF?

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 08:57:05

At 9/24/22 11:24 PM, Taka wrote: Cute cat collab?

Did you get a lot more entries than the ones in these tag results? I know the deadline was the 15th but wondering if we could give this a boost still.

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 09:03:52

At 9/25/22 08:57 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 9/24/22 11:24 PM, Taka wrote: Cute cat collab?
Did you get a lot more entries than the ones in these tag results? I know the deadline was the 15th but wondering if we could give this a boost still.

Oh yeah I got a lot more. Some people waiting to post for when it releases, some arnt gonna post but yeah, we got a decent amount

Love you guys <3

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 10:07:11

lots o cool art also my arts in here too! woohoo

thanks tom fulp!

cole jones/sammy

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 11:04:02

NG is illuminati

iu_759882_1184131.webp

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 12:56:19

At 9/25/22 11:04 AM, Greenskullkid wrote: NG is illuminati

Yeah, Some Alien gave the NG hard drive to Goerge Washington because it was the last thing of the existence.

much E Y E S! D:

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-25 21:43:57

At 9/24/22 05:58 PM, TomFulp wrote: scary spooky gif

Could this be a Nightmare Cops reference?

iu_760303_1901976.jpg

*xin laugh*

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-26 02:31:38

i made art this year

Rustler of Jimmies

My Art Dump

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-26 04:18:40

newground is swag

"eat shit" - yoda (in memorium)

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-26 10:04:39

Whoa, I fancied myself an artist scribe in the NG community, but there’s a lot of stuff here that I haven’t participated in! Next year, I should step up my game!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Also, @Tom, I think you might want to double check the Cult of the Lamb contest tag you linked here. I thought it was “lamb-jam”, not “lambjam”.

(And what about the NG Creepypasta Collab from March? That has its own art tag too! :D)

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Art 2022 Overview! 👁️👁️ 2022-09-26 13:38:44

At 9/26/22 11:22 AM, Thetageist wrote: Also, @Tom, I think you might want to double check the Cult of the Lamb contest tag you linked here. I thought it was “lamb-jam”, not “lambjam”.

(And what about the NG Creepypasta Collab from March? That has its own art tag too! :D)

Good catch, I added an alias so lambjam and lamb-jam get the same results, since that also solves for people who used the lambjam tag.

My work computer is old and doesn't have emoji support so gonna test something real quick before I edit that post: 👁️

BBS Signature