00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Static73 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cult of the Lamb Art Winners!

22,275 Views | 37 Replies
Respond to this Topic

iu_748139_1.jpg

Cult of the Lamb Art Contest Winners

NG hosted a Cult of the Lamb Art Contest, with the theme of creating your own cult leader. 

We received nearly 400 entries!

The team at Massive Monster (@Jimp, @JayArmstrongGames and @coruptedGames, creators of Cult of the Lamb) have finished going through your entries and selecting their favorites. Here they are!

🏆1st Place - Steam Key and Lamb Plush

“I just keep coming back to this damn chicken. It perfectly encapsulates the premise of the game - cute, but seriously evil. It's a really simple image, but powerful and full of energy. There's something mesmerizing about it... All hail the Cult of the Foul!” -Jimp

🏆2nd-10th Place - Steam Key

“I adore the style and soft colours here, the sombre tone and the characters pose, the floating book with a knife through at its centre all make for a really powerful image. I want this on my wall!” -Jimp

“I love the concept and simple design with a strong silhouette - this is a really awesome character! I can imagine little candle followers all melting down in sacrifice, their wax joining with the leaders to grow their size.” - Jimp

“This one reminds me of something I can't put my finger on... It's really evocative, love the idea of a cult of circus animals. I don't trust this monkey!” -Jimp

“All hail Opossum Priest, ruler of junk, enjoyer of trash. Bonus points for Adventure Pals reference!” -Jimp

“Really love the Greek influence here, it's a simple but strong design - just felt like a unique entry!” -Jimp

“Wonderfully strong image! I wanna see them show down with the Opossum Priest - there's only enough junk in this town for one trash cult.” -Jimp

“Insane colours and style! Feels like I've taken part in the mushroom ritual O_o” -Jimp

“Gorgeous clean tarot card style. It's the eyes that really won me over.” -Jimp

“I really like the sense of perspective and the evil look in its eye…” -Jimp

Thank you everyone who participated and thank you to the Massive Monster team for providing judging and prizes!

Be sure to check out Cult of the Lamb, available on Steam, Playstation, Xbox and Switch!

Bonus Update: @ScepterDPinoy created fan art of the winning entries!

Games API (Newgrounds.io) Updates

@PsychoGoldfish has added a new JS library for Newgrounds.io. This should work with ANY JavaScript or TypeScript framework!

PG also added the ability to look up medals and scores and to load save slots from other games, so devs can add cross-game perks. Code examples here.

The previous update introduced Cloud Saves, allowing players to save game data to their NG account, so they can switch between devices without losing progress. Unity devs can check out the Unity implementation of our API.

Other News

Our Best of August were announced on Wednesday!

The Chenso Club Art Contest is in progress!

@FrosstyArt is organizing a DANGANRONPA Collab!

The Big Boy Rumble Tumble Animation Jam entries are in and winners have been announced!

deadspread83 is hosting a Board Game Art Contest with cash prizes!

Mobile Game Jam Winners have been announced!

Summer Lovin' Animation Jam Winners have been announced!

Newgrounds Radio got a big update. It is now a single station and can host individual shows with DJs. Read all about it, along with a schedule of shows! When live shows aren’t on the air, NG Radio will stream random songs from the Audio Portal.

The latest Ruffle update can run some AS3 Flash games in the browser!

Madness Day is September 22nd and Krinkels is crowdfunding prizes!

BigTexasTony is looking for animators and musicians for his project, The Engineer!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 12:42:02

Congrats to all of the winners!

iu_748150_9455081.gif

Signature image is from GuraQuest

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 12:44:06

I love that god forsaken chicken

i draw cool stuff

and i make cool games

go play dux td !!! quack !!! its fun

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:08:30

That's incredible, nearly 400?! What a turn out, there were so many cool designs that came from this. Some seriously stiff competition, to boot. I didn't think I stood a chance hitting top 10, but I am pleasantly surprised nonetheless. Congratulations to the winners and everyone else who posted. Thank you for hosting this, as well, it was a lot of fun to participate in.

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:09:45

Im so happy Cult of the foul won, was my favourite entry next to the Opposum aaa

wasnt expecting any position at all since everyone was posting beautiful rendered entries and i just presented sketchy concept art ;v; So this is a big surprise!

CCongratulations to all the winners and all the entries in general for making awesome arrtworkfor this contest!

Want to put here some of my favs!

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:17:00

wow! i didn't expect to win anything but thank you so much!! it was fun participating and i loved the other entries as well :D congrats to everyone involved!

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:18:50

Ayo congratulations to all of the winners! There were too many good entries all around a lot of the people I was rooting for won so that's really nice to see as well!

At 9/10/22 01:09 PM, P-PAMda wrote: Im so happy Cult of the foul won, was my favourite entry next to the Opposum aaa

wasnt expecting any position at all since everyone was posting beautiful rendered entries and i just presented sketchy concept art ;v; So this is a big surprise!

CCongratulations to all the winners and all the entries in general for making awesome arrtworkfor this contest!
Want to put here some of my favs!

https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/bleak-creep/cult-of-the-chameleon
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/vinnx4/worm
https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/sirklester/cult-of-the-bat

Ayo thanks a lot bro!!

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:20:35

Congrats to the winners! My favorite was definitely Midnight Deer, but this was a close second too, such a lovely style.

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:24:06

Good job everyone

Fredrick piss water the 3rd

my best thread

My channel :)

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:34:58

Congratulations everyone! Some amazing entries and designs, I am in love!

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 13:47:40

Eyyy, congrats especially to @GrungeSniper, I just knew you were going to win something! Be sure to check out all the other entries, there are so many that also look great!

Someone please help me revive my clubs

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 14:21:25

Congrats to everyone!! 🎉 It was fun participating in this and although I didn’t win, I’m still keeping Luna as my child :]

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 18:51:27

Congrats to the winners! :D

iu_748410_7113370.gif

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 19:59:03

good luck for the halloween fundraising! I hope it goes really well!

- GDA

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 21:09:53

congrats @iejomaflo !!

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 21:28:05

Holy guacamole my monki manage to snag a win? Pog

My piece was actually inspired by the myths here in my place about circuses as a front to disguise hidden agendas. Remember the arcade game "Carnevil"? Yea that. I was super close in choosing a Lion instead but I love monkeys and I can't say no to "Monkey Cult" LOL. Also the Butterfly motif heheh

OH MY FAV ALSO WON

CONGRATS AND GOOD DAY AHHAHAHAHHAHHA :D

I get the feeling I'm not quite made of the right stuff. . .

To float between the rings of 💫🪐Cosmic Metal Love🌌⭐

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 21:38:07

Congrats to all the winners (hope that first place winner enjoys that plushie!), I had a lot of fun making my submission!

Just a nerd and a Kirby.

Hope you have a good day! <3

(Kirby says hi!) [Sig art by @soundskies]

BBS Signature

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-10 21:50:45

Holy moly I can’t believe my lil chicken made it in the top 10, much less won first place!! There were so many awesome looking cult leaders submitted for the jam. Thanks for all the kind words! And an extra big thanks to Tom and the folks at Massive Monster! ❤️ 🐥

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-11 12:05:38

Congrats to all the winners!! iu_748906_9018954.webp

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-11 16:16:46

Yes! Congrats to the Top 10! Very happy to see some of my favorites up there.

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-11 18:34:40

Congrats to the winners! It must have been difficult to pick form 400 amazing entries.

Here are some that inspired me particularly

The reflection is a genius idea

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-11 22:49:32

Wow!! Big kudos to all the artists 🖤 it was a real treat to see all the wonderful entries. Super stoked to make it to the Top 10s haha 😄✨

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-13 11:33:39

I would like each of these art works as a full sized black velvet painting. Alas I do not have enough wall.

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-13 13:06:39

thank you!

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-13 14:22:00

congrats to all the winners

iu_750464_9962276.png

BBS Signature

Man, congratulations to everyone 😭 I can't believe all of you are great at it!

Here's my art I submitted for the contest (I forgot to send it before the deadline but I was too busy)

I'm not into collaborating with people around, sorry

Response to Cult of the Lamb Art Winners! 2022-09-13 20:46:59

congrats to the winners! they all look so cool :)

never played this game before despite my friend talking about it every nanosecond but art is cool

iu_750997_8692988.webp

i con