00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AfroChan332 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

RIP Life (NG Mod)

879 Views | 24 Replies

RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 09:00:37

I just heard the news last night that the user, @Life has passed. Known long ago on Newgrounds as "Dave" until he gave the name over to the creator of Retarded Animal Babies, and changed his name to "Life". (His real name was Tyler)

He was originally known as CrazyMuffin. There was a whole muffin thing for a while back then..

He was always a fan of the short URLs. We used to spend so much time on AIM chatting when we were in school, though time would drift us apart. We would catch up occasionally but I always wanted to know more about how he was doing.

We had an amazing time together on Newgrounds. He still has my signature I made him to this date (anybody who still uses art I have made brings me such joy when I creep on NG these days).

Tyler actually had the idea for the biggest Flash project I've ever made, "Jive Machine". Inspired by @anticlockclock's "Interactive Boogy", we revamped it adding a bunch of Newgrounds Meme's and underaged man-breasts. The results were phenomenal, back in a time when getting a million views on things was unheard of, Tyler's close up icon of his nipple brought us 2.5 million views.

The game brought us even closer together, we would both go on to become NG Mods living in isolated bedrooms on other sides of the country.

This was pique Karl and Tyler time. I had just graduated highschool and was somehow even spending more time on the computer.

We never got to meat in person. After an event that lead him to have non-stop headaches and fibromyalgia like symptoms I feared I would never get the chance.

There are so many stories and events, most of them I wouldn't want to repeat on a thread here about his passing. We were both explorative of the world wide web, and our minds, always sharing music and experiences.

It's been a while since I've played Jive Machine, but I did this morning. He looked so innocent and happy back then.

iu_699229_928868.png

Do you have any stories to share about this man? I would like to hear them, he was a special one.

Be well, Tyler. RIP LIFE.

iu_699230_928868.jpg

blobstagramblobsite

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 09:58:54

I guess that user name is a tad inappropriate now.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 10:04:54

At 7/18/22 09:58 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: I guess that user name is a tad inappropriate now.

ironic and sad

it's just one of those days, you don't wanna wake up, everything is fuck, everybody suck- Dred Furst

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 10:48:31

At 7/18/22 09:00 AM, BlueHippo wrote: I just heard the news last night that the user, @Life has passed.

That's such a shame - I had limited one-on-one interaction with him, but he seemed like a good dude.

Thanks for letting us know BH

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 10:50:58

Oh no!

We use to talk on AIM back in my college days. This is very sad news to hear.

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 14:34:56

Didn't he used to go by the name Jedi-Master? Or is my memory Mandela'd?

Didn't really get to know him.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 15:01:56 (edited 2022-07-18 15:16:05)

Hey @TomFulp, could you add this to the 'In Memoriam' page please?

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 15:49:12

At 7/18/22 03:01 PM, StickmanMarkinson wrote: Hey @TomFulp, could you add this to the 'In Memoriam' page please?

This is sad to hear, Life has been around pretty much the whole time! I updated the In Memoriam page but let me know if any of you have things you'd want to add there.

I also enabled Ruffle on Jive Machine because it appears to support it now and I updated to a large thumbnail.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 15:51:36 (edited 2022-07-18 15:59:00)

I met him in Boston back in 2010. He hosted a meet back then that not a lot of people went to, but I needed an excuse to travel a bit since I don't leave my NY sphere often. Every joke we've made at each other's expense since then has all been in good fun.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 16:27:53

How tragic. life was always such a nice guy. Speaking of sigs, he made me several. I could never do anything like that and every Christmas he would snowify whatever sig I had at the time with a simple ask. It never seemed too much trouble to him no matter how many people asked. Always great to chat to on the forums, no matter the subject.

Really sorry to hear this news. I hope his family is doing ok.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 16:35:30

At 7/18/22 09:00 AM, BlueHippo wrote: I just heard the news last night that the user, @Life has passed. Known long ago on Newgrounds as "Dave" until he gave the name over to the creator of Retarded Animal Babies, and changed his name to "Life". (His real name was Tyler)

He was originally known as CrazyMuffin. There was a whole muffin thing for a while back then..
He was always a fan of the short URLs. We used to spend so much time on AIM chatting when we were in school, though time would drift us apart. We would catch up occasionally but I always wanted to know more about how he was doing.

We had an amazing time together on Newgrounds. He still has my signature I made him to this date (anybody who still uses art I have made brings me such joy when I creep on NG these days).

Tyler actually had the idea for the biggest Flash project I've ever made, "Jive Machine". Inspired by @anticlockclock's "Interactive Boogy", we revamped it adding a bunch of Newgrounds Meme's and underaged man-breasts. The results were phenomenal, back in a time when getting a million views on things was unheard of, Tyler's close up icon of his nipple brought us 2.5 million views.

The game brought us even closer together, we would both go on to become NG Mods living in isolated bedrooms on other sides of the country.

This was pique Karl and Tyler time. I had just graduated highschool and was somehow even spending more time on the computer.

We never got to meat in person. After an event that lead him to have non-stop headaches and fibromyalgia like symptoms I feared I would never get the chance.

There are so many stories and events, most of them I wouldn't want to repeat on a thread here about his passing. We were both explorative of the world wide web, and our minds, always sharing music and experiences.

It's been a while since I've played Jive Machine, but I did this morning. He looked so innocent and happy back then.

Do you have any stories to share about this man? I would like to hear them, he was a special one.

Be well, Tyler. RIP LIFE.

life is a fucking torture cage, a fucking disaster. Fuck life, fuck pain, fuck humiliation. Thanks to life, I'm the one I am now. A loather.

You never get what you want. Life's a fucking robber

4ever Monstercat

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 17:12:45

Dank and based right up to the very end. I assume he went out the way he thought he would.

I have only good memories of him.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 17:44:23

Also, I've been saving this reply for a long time, but didn't think I would have to say it so soon:

/life

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 18:46:22 (edited 2022-07-18 18:46:45)

playing jive machine, it is a really creative interactive game with cool backgrounds and the most 2000s song choices out there. it gave me a good laugh. may life rest in peace

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 20:44:21

I still have his number on my phone, so I just had to call it to verify his death.

I'm known to keep dead people on my phone even years after they die. Maybe it's because of a belief I have that some people will rise from the dead and call me one day.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-18 21:00:00

Horrible news. I never interacted with him much but he was a staple in the community and he used to make me laugh back in the day whenever I played Jive Machine. He will be missed.

(doc·tor pack)

"Nixon had powers including, but not limited to: telekinesis, super speed, superhuman strength, invisibility, and mind control."

Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-19 16:54:36

Oh man this really hurts! I've been on NG just as long as him. We've chatted on AIM and over PM but never got around to visiting IRL. I missed his Boston meetup. I think I had a college thing or had moved too far away. He was good peeps. I hope he's at peace. He mentioned some of his health issues and the poor guy got dealt a shitty hand and was still friendly despite it

F

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 08:50:02

This really, REALLY fucking sucks. 💔

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 09:18:48

This is awful news. Life and I used to talk all the time when we were members of both NGDOD and EGB. Spent some time talking to him about a lot of non NG related things on messengers back in the day.

But he did once tell me “you won’t stay around NG long I can tell by your post count.” Sure enough, I didn’t stay around long.

When I came back this year I looked to see if he was here or not and never reached out to him. This is pretty awful news. RIP Life, I hope you’re somewhere awesome.

Yea, I farm Anal Penguins. Do something about it.

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 12:05:42

Damn that sucks. I dont think i ever interacted with him but he has been on this site forever

None

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 12:29:21

May he find joy in his next life.

No pods, no casters

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 12:35:13

Damn that sucks. I never interacted with him much but he was one of the OGs. RIP

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 14:20:06

At 7/18/22 08:44 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: I still have his number on my phone, so I just had to call it to verify his death.

I'm known to keep dead people on my phone even years after they die. Maybe it's because of a belief I have that some people will rise from the dead and call me one day.

Deep

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 14:21:26

I hope his soul has found peace

Response to RIP Life (NG Mod) 2022-07-24 23:31:47

<:(

💖🌈A Quirky Artist & Creator with a Rainbow of Interests!🌈💖

BBS Signature