00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fkkkkkkkkk123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

ESRB Headache

75,279 Views | 806 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 05:26:33

At 7/8/04 04:06 AM, deadlock32 wrote: idee

yeah, that's a good one, otherwise I'd prefer the 1st one, so the with the the User in it

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 05:27:04

eenie meenie minie moe

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 05:34:33

ahhh

one good rating

s g f

someone gets fucked

l k b s

little kiddie bull shit

n f v e

not for virgin eyes

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 05:39:24

how about:
D - Diaperman!
P - Pube-guy!
A - Asshole
O - ORGAZMYC!

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 05:44:08

At 7/7/04 11:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: At some point we decided it would be prudent to implement a ratings system, so that parents could better distinguish the content their children may be accessing on the site....................

This purely is quite low and just another sign that VERY big Corporate America is always trying to find ways to snuff out companies (or what you say) that aren't quite as big. Its just pathetic and ridiclous. I'd rather see you guys stand up to this cuz they own pretty lousy copyrights on "generic terms". But I would prefer your first option all though it isn't the funniest its the most straightforward. I guess I should be watching my back now if I ever have to use the terms "Everyone" or "Adults Only" quite a shame really. And it Sucks that you guys just cant be let off for anything. Thanks goodness we put Penny Bain in her place when she spoke out. Any artists out there already trying to crank out ESRB "bashing" animations. Cant wait to see 'em if there are any.

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 06:01:44

At 7/7/04 11:35 PM, TomFulp wrote: HD - Has Diaper
HP - Has Pubes
HS - Has Sex
HK - Has Kids

Hahahaha that's pretty funny.
How about
A - Anyone
TE-Teenagers
MA-Mature
AD-Adults

Oh goid i'm bad at this :(

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 06:20:13

At 7/8/04 02:00 AM, Raraken wrote:
I request to know more about the claim, as to how the ESRB find's merit in this action, and how the ESRB has managed to copyright the use of a letter.

You certainly can't trademark a number. That's why Intel called it a Pentium and not a 586. But I'd imagine that the ESRB could trademark a letter in a certain typeface when used in relation to a system of rating a form of entertainment. IANAL though.

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 06:24:33

you could kinda take the piss out of that terror alert system you's have in america. like with a bar goin up in colours
For a really hardcore flash itd be red and for bunnys itd be green or somethin...

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 06:55:50

howsabout:
0-2 inch or A cup
2-4 inch or B cup
4-6 inch or C cup
6-8 inch or D cup
8 and above or anything higher than D

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 07:35:07

F*king hell!
Cant anyone go for five minutes without trying to dick someone else over!?
If its not the Ersb or whatever moaning about
'your copying me =*(' Its someone else B*tching about someone else.
I say F*ck the ERSB and use the current ratings. Everything in the world is copied of something else. These people just struck lucky by finding someone who was.
F*ck the ESRB (twice)
Up with newgrounds!

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 07:36:02

ESRB sucks!! Jesus christ!!! Why does everybody hate NG??

Click my profile for lots and lots of shit.

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 07:37:31

At 7/8/04 04:06 AM, deadlock32 wrote: Im just trying to bring some new ideas to the table.

how about NO letters, just these people and colors.

(of course stamper can make it look cool!)

K. If we HAVE to change it - this shold be the one Hands down. It just looks cool.
This probably looks weird me changing my mind so quickley but anyway.
Try to keep the current ratings - if the 'Law' or wateva comes into it, use this as a kick ass backup

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 07:38:24

At 7/8/04 07:36 AM, JeStar wrote: Why does everybody hate NG??

Because Newgrounds has got to be the single worst site on the internet.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 07:39:54

At 7/8/04 07:38 AM, Tremour wrote:
At 7/8/04 07:36 AM, JeStar wrote: Why does everybody hate NG??
Because Newgrounds has got to be the single worst site on the internet.

Not sure wether to take that as an insault or compliment =)

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 07:40:18

I thought this would be the esrb rating for alien homnind. =p

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:11:43

only one problem with the hs hp stuff like that rating. Some kids might of had their balls burnt so they cant grow pubes. SOme kids are molested. SOmebody could have adopted kids, and some people are still in diapers. So i think the au gu is better

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:15:42

At 7/7/04 11:42 PM, night_raider wrote: of course, the content of this site isnt life threatening, But having signs and colors may make a better heads up than just letters.

Well, mebbe. Someone in the U.S. government dreamed up that
color coded terrorism-threat alert system and it's been the
butt of countless jokes since.

I like the GU TU MU AU system since it's similar to what NG users
are familiar with, and it gets away from the acronyms that are
getting ESRB into such a tizzy. If ESRB doesn't like that the
acronyms are similar, that's too bad for them.

"They are an inquisitive race, always anxious to pry into other mens' lives, but never ready to correct their own." -Augustine of Hippo

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:16:51

Well in my opinon those ESRB people could go suck a dick, but in any case I like the first set or ratings best.

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:19:18

Give 'em prison references, County Jail, Maximum Security Pen, ect

I suck with this stuff

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:23:30

At 7/8/04 04:06 AM, deadlock32 wrote: Im just trying to bring some new ideas to the table.

how about NO letters, just these people and colors.

(of course stamper can make it look cool!)

My vote is on this one, it's the best one made so far!

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:48:29

Maybe something like,
sweet
disturbing
shocking
^_^

Or just use the

GU - General User
TU - Teen User
MU - Mature User
AU - Adult User

ratings

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:52:54

Dear Mr. Fulp. It has come to our attention at the United States Armed Forces that you are using a likeness of a tank to represent your website. The US Army as a stolid reputation worldwide which is symbolized by the iconography of tanks.

One need only look at such stirring images such as [content classified by US Homeland Security Act] to see that we have a long standing history, and reputation worldwide as being the relentless invaders of Oil-Rich.... er I mean TERRORISTIC nations. The tank is often the last thing those godless heathens see, and the last thing we at the United States Army want is a bunch of people chuckling as we flatten their bodies under our treads because they saw a humerous likeness on your website.

We insist you send us written proof that you have gotten rid of the tank image and replaced it with a .... TRICYCLE in one week or we will be taking legal action. A bed at GITMO is waiting just for you, just in case you 'forget.'

Thank you for your abject slaver... erm cooperation.

General Dez Aster, US Army

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 08:59:08

At 7/8/04 08:52 AM, antiklaus wrote: Dear Mr. Fulp.

O can we can use a tricycle. BUt it needs one more wheel, wheels farther apart, lot bigger, metal armor, needs to be able to cary alot of ammo, a big cannon on top. looks something like this.

Is that ok

ESRB Headache

This is how I kick your ass in real life. Martial Arts Club

And this is how I kick your ass in video games Super Smash Bros. Club

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:05:46

At 7/7/04 11:42 PM, night_raider wrote: The idea of the tank got me thinking of warnings like the ones they use for hazardous material.

S= safe (color green, and maybe have a thumbs up)
W= warning (color yellow, and show some sort of warning symbol)
D= danger (color orange, have something like fire)
LT= life threatening (have the skull and crossbones)

of course, the content of this site isnt life threatening, But having signs and colors may make a better heads up than just letters.

That's a good idea, it'll keep the scheme simple. I haven't seen many correctly identified flash anyway. Heck, the boyscout series has been rated E, when it's clearly in T criteria. Maybe while complying with the ESRB order, work on a ratings board or something, so the designations are reliable?

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:20:48

Tell the ESRB to f*** themselves.

Anyway my brother started a website called the Flash Entertainment Rating System. People could take their flash movies to the site to get rated. The Ratings wen't something like:

C-Designed for Children (4-12)
G-General Audiencs(4+)
E-Experienced Audiences(13+)
MA-Mature Audiences(16+)
O-Older Audiences(21+)

Sadly,my brother is in jail and turned the site to me. It was only getting 50 hits/day,so I turned it into a video game review website.

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:23:53

maybe:
F - fuck ESRB
U - fuck ESRB
C - fuck ESRB
K - fuck ESRB

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:26:33

Greedy bastards. We're not making money off the ratings are we? Why the fuck must they intefer with a free site? I consider this bullshit and leave the current system in. If they bring a lawsuit, oh well fuck them.

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:27:14

If I were to have a new rating system, I would just put the ages for the system, to cause less confusion if one is a teen or a "tween" (argh!) This would be my rating system:

Ages:6-12 instead of "everyone";
Ages:13-16 instead of "Teen";
Ages: 17-20 instead of "Mature", and
Ages:21+ instead of "Adults Only"

I would guess many people would disagree with this, but this is my input, my free speech, if you will.

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:41:15

How about, as someone suggested, a simle age rating system ?

e.g

13+ : Over 13's only [well it is site criteria]
16+ : Over 16's only
21+ : Over 21's only

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to ESRB Headache 2004-07-08 09:44:00

Man what fucktards, I was reading in some gaming magazine, and they had a full page in it about how horrible the game man hunt was. What a nice bunch of people. These are the same people who rate games that have basic math involved (final fantasy) Teen, when surely a five year old could easily figure them out. Imagine if they had been in effect years ago, Bionic Cammondo would've been boycotted, that is, if any of them could actually beat the game.

I'd tell them to suck my cock personall. But seeing as how newgrounds is somewhat a respectable place (hell, I rank it as one of the top websites on the internet), I would use some screwball ratings with letters no one uses, and descriptions that are extreme and hilarious to read.

RATED Y FOR A YOUTH/CHRISTIAN FRIENDLY CARTOON

RATED C FOR A CARTOON OF MINIMAL ANGRY ANIMALS/POSTAL WORKERS/HOUSEWIFES/YUPPIES/HIPPIES/NINJA TURTLES/, CARTOONISH BLOOD, BRITTNEY SPEARS, AND OTHER FUNNY CREATURES CREATED BY EVIL CORPORATIONS LIKE THE ESRB, MICROSOFT, AND INDUSTRIAL LIGHT & MAGIG

RATED BJ FOR A CONSTANT USE OF BIG JUGS, BLOW JOBS, CUMSHOTS, AND MANY OTHER SEXUALLY STIMULATING MATERIAL NOT SUITABLE FOR ANYONE BUT THOSE SEEKING TO BLOW A LOAD, THIS IS SOME STRAGHT UP GANGSTA SHIT

RATED H FOR HELLUVALOTA BLOOD, VIOLANCE, GORE, TITTIES, OR OTHER THINGS TEENAGERS SEEM TO ENJOY

But then again, who the fuck am I to advise the all powerful Tom Fulp, creator of newgrounds, friend of Troma inc, hater of the lawyers of representing Charles Shaltz, MGM studios, and other bastards in the world. Me, I'm just a simple pothead. Fight the good fight though Tom, just remember brother keep it real. You've kept it real this long, don't let em get to you, corporate yuppie morons make me sick.