00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XxarachnidfelinexX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Good things that happened in 2020 despite Covid and all the other horrible shit

1,086 Views | 38 Replies

So 2020 is nearly coming to a close with a resounding cry of "Thank God" yes lets not deny that this year certainly did suck for many of us. But despite the countless shitty things that happened what were some of the good things to come out of this year. Maybe a game, song, movie or show you ended up picking up and liking? Maybe you got to catch up with someone you havent seen in a while?

So yeah anything remotely good that happened this year. Do tell! We could use at least some positivity

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

I got married. That's cool, I guess.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 02:56 PM, Dosensuppen wrote: I got married. That's cool, I guess.

Wait as in Facebook married or as in You proposed and got married ?

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 02:58 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 11/17/20 02:56 PM, Dosensuppen wrote: I got married. That's cool, I guess.
Wait as in Facebook married or as in You proposed and got married ?

I proposed last year, COVID kinda pushed the actual wedding date a few months down the line, twice.

"Soup actually isn't a spam crew ... Except for Narcissy, that guy sucks." - ih8dude

BBS Signature

I got a bunch of cool video games and actually had time to play them thanks to the lockdown. I also have a lot more time to work on art & projects.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

YouTube cancelling Rewind 2020

signature by jackho

BBS Signature

I grew a third arm.

Money, I like money and I'm doing well for myself and saving like never before.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Not a damn thing

edit: okay I will put some effort into it and really think about it

Still nothing.

hello

I needed shoulder surgery since February 28, 2015 to re-stabilize and repair my right shoulder after many years of instability and 50-60+ dislocations. The initial injury was because I had a seizure at a bank.

I finally made the surgery happen on September 14, 2020 after dealing with the medical bureaucracy, getting time off from work and even nailing a deal to get it and 12 physical therapy sessions (all of which are ongoing), all for $0.

The surgery required general anesthesia, took a little under 2 1/2 hours and was a DTA (Distal Tibial Allograft), requiring donor bone with live cartilage to fill in the 27% glenoid/socket defect in my right shoulder. It was open surgery, not arthroscopic, but the cut was pretty nicely done.

For almost 6 weeks afterwards, I stayed with my parents to recover as much as possible. Getting used to living with my parents again at the age of 30 and after 7 years away wasn't easy. But they weren't any different than when they were raising me. I did see my grandfather a fair bit--my dad's dad. My mom's dad unfortunately died a day before I returned home.

There is a lot more I could add, of course, and again, the physical therapy is still a work in progress, but I needed that first big step to unburden me of years worth of suffering, and I got it in 2020 of all years. I still have a lot of stiffness and mild pain that I hope improves over time.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 02:53 PM, Wegra wrote: So 2020 is nearly coming to a close with a resounding cry of "Thank God" yes lets not deny that this year certainly did suck for many of us. But despite the countless shitty things that happened what were some of the good things to come out of this year. Maybe a game, song, movie or show you ended up picking up and liking? Maybe you got to catch up with someone you havent seen in a while?

So yeah anything remotely good that happened this year. Do tell! We could use at least some positivity

At 11/17/20 02:53 PM, Wegra wrote: So 2020 is nearly coming to a close with a resounding cry of "Thank God" yes lets not deny that this year certainly did suck for many of us. But despite the countless shitty things that happened what were some of the good things to come out of this year. Maybe a game, song, movie or show you ended up picking up and liking? Maybe you got to catch up with someone you havent seen in a while?

Not sure if you would consider these things good or not but:

Namco/Bandai celebrated Pac-Man's 40th anniversary this year and Nintendo celebrated Super Mario Bros.' 35th. Warner Bros. celebrated Bugs Bunny's 80th anniversary with a special DVD release.

These things aren't really that important.

Electronic music artists are about to get a whole nother software upgrade with Vital. It has some of the most capabilities of any wavetable synth out there but is visually oriented and intuitive to use. The fully functional version is free and you only need to pay if you want access to more presets and wavetables.

Producers are celebrating it because many of the testers say it's really good and it's practically free, making wavetable synthesis more accessible. It beats freeware alternative Surge out of the water and its complete version is less than half the price of its two largest competitors, Serum and Phaseplant.

At 11/17/20 05:42 PM, ngman7 wrote:

Namco/Bandai celebrated Pac-Man's 40th anniversary this year and Nintendo celebrated Super Mario Bros.' 35th. Warner Bros. celebrated Bugs Bunny's 80th anniversary with a special DVD release.

No that is actually VERY important. And I'm glad you brought that up

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

Well this is what I’ve done

• Won a contest for a STEM related intership
  • Got in to one of the most popular art and tech schools around the country (there was a campus in town so I got in)
  • Got friends but lost some
  • Got my two first jobs
  • Got myself a new tablet. My old one was ripping off
  • Got in contact with friends on the other side of the equator again
  • And I’m being more social irl during the pandemic, with safety measures too. (which made me not go on the forums for months)

She/They, 19., I draw sometimes.

Support me on ko-fi, it helps!

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 02:53 PM, Wegra wrote:

The Covid-19 pandemic and crisis put a huge damper on things and had an impact on everyone in some form or fashion.

My mother has been away in rehab since November 2019.

One good thing that happened is that my older sister came to pick my brother up so he's not over here where l am trying to aggravate me and he's not here where I am trying to tear my house up and constantly trying to create a hostile toxic environment for me.

He's staying with my sister and nephew.

I'm still working on getting myself together. I still need to help my mother take care of her business regarding Social Security and her personal finances. It's been somewhat of a challenge reaching out to her over the phone. The center she is in is nearby but it's still on lockdown. It temporarily opened back up to the public but it closed down to the public due to spikes in Covid-19 cases.

At least I have friends and family helping me. My maternal cousin has been helping me. I've gotten help from other relatives. One of my mother's friends has been helping me. My next-door neighbors have been helping me. My current pastor and ex-pastor have been helping me. I've been getting advice and help from the head of my local employment center about dealing with me and my mother's financial situations and our business regarding Social Security. I've also been getting advice on what to do from a lady at a certain agency in upstate NY. My landlord's assistant has been working with me and helping me.

Seriously.

I know I have had issues with depression and lack of focus which is a big reason why I don't have any animation and comics published and monetized online, and why I don't have more artwork published online at least.

I said this year I was going to focus on getting something developed and getting what I need for and work towards getting cartoons and comics published and monetized online but then the Covid-19 pandemic and crisis struck.

I'm not letting that stop me.

I need to be working like a normal person but I am dealing with one thing at a time. I have been very patient.

I am glad I don't have to help take care of my younger brother. That was very taxing. At least my mother is away getting the health-related help and attention she needs.

I am also working on getting my personal health together.

I need to also focus on getting my house in order. I still have much housework to do but at least no one is over here where I am bothering me.

I got to vote this year and I tested negative for Covid-19. These are good things. My mother tested negative for Covid-19 also.

This:

Nothing else.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

The only good thing was that I started to actually finish my games and put them online.

Everything was crap other than that.

check out my sick game

BBS Signature

I watched Superbad and The Road To El Dorado this year. Pretty schweet.

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 02:53 PM, Wegra wrote: So yeah anything remotely good that happened this year. Do tell! We could use at least some positivity

I figured out how to grow tomatoes properly, made a new friend, Hitler decided to become a good guy, and I made retirement plans.

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

PU PI PI PU PI PIII

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 06:42 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote: I watched Superbad and The Road To El Dorado this year. Pretty schweet.

Weird. I was thinking about the chick from The Road To El Diablo, and then I saw your comment about the movie. How was the movie?

I am happy that I finally have one piece of artwork showcased on Deviantart. At least something is on there. I was very hesitant to post any work on Deviantart and I didn't for a long time because I was concerned about people stealing my work.

At 11/17/20 07:37 PM, ngman7 wrote:
At 11/17/20 06:42 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote: I watched Superbad and The Road To El Dorado this year. Pretty schweet.
Weird. I was thinking about the chick from The Road To El Diablo, and then I saw your comment about the movie. How was the movie?

It was pretty good. If 2D animation wasn't irrelevant by the 2000's it would've sold better in theaters.

Coolier than thou

Best Toon

BBS Signature

At 11/17/20 07:39 PM, Deity-Donkus wrote:
At 11/17/20 07:37 PM, ngman7 wrote:
It was pretty good. If 2D animation wasn't irrelevant by the 2000's it would've sold better in theaters.

It's not totally irrelevant. There were a handful of traditionally-animated 2D movies that were released theatrically in the last two decades.

I launched my long postponed hentai patreon page and it's going pretty well!!!

At 11/17/20 06:28 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 11/17/20 05:42 PM, ngman7 wrote:

No that is actually VERY important. And I'm glad you brought that up

This stuff is trivial. How is this helping anyone?

Warner Bros. released their Animaniacs reboot on Hulu this year. Tom and Jerry and Woody Woodpecker turned 80 this year too but I haven't heard about Warner Bros./MGM (or whatever studio in Hollywood currently owns the rights to Tom and Jerry) or Universal (who owns the rights to Woody Woodpecker) doing anything special to commemorate their anniversaries respectively.

How is this helping anyone either?

Pop entertainment things are not important. Especially now.

To name a few:

• Increase on savings thanks to work overtime at an all-time high.
  • Finally picked up a guitar for myself... and didn't get far after a few training sessions. 😂 Will want to restart that, though.
  • Vinyl record collecting. Was always more of a CD guy myself with a collection of over 1100+ different albums but I'm finally giving many releases the turntable treatments they deserve.
  • Making the most out of the Summer with my 30th birthday, sessions with friends and much needed and missed pub trips. Glad I did more than enough before things turned to shit again.
  • A well overdue revisit (by 20 years!) to Blackpool Pleasure Beach and finally riding on the Pepsi Max Big One. Never would have thought many years ago the first time I'd even go on that roller coaster I'd be needing to wear a mask just to get on it.

It's enough positive moments but.... yeah, this year fucking blows for the most part.

I got supporter again from @nuskoo

=^w^)

I finished grad school.

That's about it.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

2020's been great

Mr. Bungle reunion

Trump lost

Herman Cain died

Tampa won the stanley cup

Tampa played in the world series

Tampa are Superbowl favorites

Roachpit Louisiana got hit by two hurricanes

BBS Signature

For me, I'm slowly getting life experience, I'm driving with precision and getting better skills at it, having the living room, the dinning room, and the basement renovated, making some progress, finishing some medal games (that I thought would never happen), and finishing some old console games. For Newgrounds, achieving to get to level 55 (soon to be level 56), achieving over 100,000 medal points, and getting more than 1.3K posts (soon just to be 1.5K posts).

SM/AMA/FAQs (Now both are ready, well sort of) My shortcuts

BBS Signature