00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Purepaii just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Game You are Currently Playing

40,070 Views | 1,591 Replies

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-12 04:31:28

Simpsons Monopoly on my table.

Crokinole too.

playstation though, zombie army 4 since it was free and helldivers. Nhl21. I’m old now. Can’t play games like I used to.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-12 09:56:50

payday 2

Notorious internet cunt

My old username was StaticSkull

She/Her

BBS Signature

I am playing Geometry Dash. Collabclysm will be out soon! @Dim-J @Fl-dmd @Radicaldawg @Ltfs @Funboy07

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-12 19:58:19

I’m playing Astrogon. I’m one of the first players of the game as I first seen it 5 months before it’s release

iu_277529_7002131.png

I own every skin in the game and I’m in top 10 of the worldwide leaderboard. That last skin would have never been an official skin if it weren’t for me and a user names slopes.

I also 100%d the game lol

listen to my Fl Studio Mobile tracks here

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-13 03:14:58

I was going to play Spider-man: Miles Morales, but my access to a PS4 was removed. The next game I will be playing is Wizards & Warriors part 1. The Nes game.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-13 09:51:21

iu_277912_8173176.jpg

iu_277913_8173176.jpg

My Bowser controller that I just got for last Christmas is now experiencing the infamous joy-con drift despite not being a joy-con, just great. On the flipside of things, I've noticed the drift effects seems to lessen if you play the Switch in portable mode.

Anyways, just got past the point I reached in the demo for Bravely Default II. Making a point of maxing out the job experience each time I get a new job from an asterisk. The latest one I've got is the Beastmaster, which functions like Pokemon, so I'm gonna try to catch as many different monsters as I can before I face a boss. Don't know if there's a limit to how many different monsters you can have at one time, but I'll find out soon enough. As for the best place to level up your jobs if you don't want to raise your actual character level too quickly, the top floor of the very first dungeon (i.e. where the first asterisk boss fight is) is something I recommend (also recommend completing the Freelancer job first due to the job experience boosters you get).

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-14 10:55:13

iu_278847_8173176.jpg

iu_278848_8173176.jpg

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-14 12:25:30

And maxed out the job level for the Beastmaster job class. Well, maxed out at present as if my experience from playing Bravely Second is of any indication you can increase the job level cap later in the game. I say Bravely Second as funny enough the first game is the only one I don't own. I happened to get Second in-store a while back at a very good bargain price of a fourth of the cost, and I never got around to starting the series with the first game due to either having other priorities at the time or slipping my mind to get it when I don't have any priorities at the moment. Despite knowing of the original Bravely Default's plot by now I still seek to play the full game one day as it's still a fun game and the only thing spoiled to me is the plot. Enough time has passed that I've forgotten some of the plot, though I still know who the main villains of the game are as they're kinda infamous by now.

Anyways, the current job level cap is 12, and it turns out reaching that for the Beastmaster class unlocks what could be the most powerful ability in the game, provided you're patient enough to work for it. Namely, this ability boosts your stats based on how many monsters you've captured. I don't know what's the limit for how many different monsters you're able to have at one time, but I did discover the cap for the same type of monster: 99. So multiply 99 with the number of different types of monsters in the game and you can see how boosting your stats based on the amount of monsters you've caught could be OP. Emphasis on could be OP as there may be bosses in this game that may well be tough enough that such an ability no longer seems OP, just balanced. Don't want to confirm for myself if there is indeed bosses like that as I'd rather not spoil myself.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-14 19:46:38

Yeah, the Beastmaster job class is probably the most broken class in the game so far, albeit you'd have to put in the hours to really make it broken. My stats got boosted enough that the final two story bosses for Chapter 1 were a cakewalk, and in comparison was easier than the first story boss fight. The kicker is that that was the result of merely a fraction of the total monsters you're able to capture, as only a handful of the monster types I've gathered are in huge amounts (99 for 1, about 80 for two others, and about 40 for two more) while the rest of them are in the 2-5 range. I also made certain to catch at least 2 monsters of each type from all the areas I've visited so far. So yeah, I think this is a sign I should take it easy for collecting monsters for now until the difficulty catches up to me. Won't stop completely though as the monster abilities are quite useful... though I haven't used any of them as I'm to the point where I can just simply muscle my way through with regular attacks. Heh, wonder if you can just solo the entire game using the Beastmaster class the moment you obtain it...

Anyways, unlocked a card game side-quest that's quite fun. It's an area dominance board game like GO I think, but instead of chips you use cards. Naturally, each of the cards have different effects, featuring not just the monsters on them but also the bosses and job classes. Going to be fun trying to collect 'em all!

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-14 23:42:51

i beat the story in dbz xenoverse 2. only took me 71 hours

moving onto mega man x

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-15 01:27:55

Worth noting that I'm playing Bravely Default II in easy mode, which while is difficult where it needs to be isn't too hard of course. Beastmaster turns all of the difficulty into a complete joke. I'm willing to try the other difficulties (as you can change that whenever you want), but I just want to play the full game in easy mode anyways for consistency's sake. Have a feeling Beastmaster would be just as broken on the other difficulties, just that the amount of monsters you'll need to catch to make it broken would increase accordingly.

And about the card game side-quest... that unlocks the bonus job class of Gambler. So more reason to do side-quests.

Anyways, just started Chapter 2. While the first chapter was simply dark in a human nature way, you can just tell that this one is dark in a seriously wrong and unnatural way. The fact that the unnatural thing in question is using something that's normally natural probably just makes that feeling worse. Ugh, I have a feeling I may not see trees the same way again... and I have yet to get into any of the levels of this chapter as I was able to tell all that from the town!

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-15 15:47:45

At 4/14/21 11:42 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: i beat the story in dbz xenoverse 2. only took me 71 hours
moving onto mega man x

71 hours is a lot!

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

I'm really focused on Donkey Kong Land on The gameboy right now... Platformers almost always tend to be one my go to genres besides Rpgs,fps and Shoot'em ups when it comes to improving my skills and seeing how far my limits can take me...

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-15 16:05:35

At 4/15/21 03:47 PM, Wegra wrote:
At 4/14/21 11:42 PM, DrunkGecko wrote: i beat the story in dbz xenoverse 2. only took me 71 hours
moving onto mega man x
71 hours is a lot!

it was fun the whole way through

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-15 16:06:47

At 4/15/21 03:47 PM, Wegra wrote:
moving onto mega man x
71 hours is a lot!

these are my most played games on steam

iu_279943_6715108.webp

Notorious internet cunt

She/Her

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-15 16:19:06

Was having a bitch of a time trying to hunt a boar just so I could get some raw meat, just to be able to make the "spicy Meat & seafood" dish for the Old Man in Breath of the Wild. I got so frustrated by rarely ever seeing these things, and never getting a second shot at them.

So I happened across a lone pigeon in the forest and shot it...with a bomb arrow. Huge explosion, and all for two little drumsticks! Had me laughing for the rest of the night.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-15 22:22:29

Heh, already reached max MP points of 999 via the Beastmaster class and I'm not even halfway through the game yet. Worth noting all those boosted stats only apply when the Beastmaster is your main class, if you have it as your secondary class you instead have the default level stats.

Now this game does have one of those "hopeless boss fights that you can't win" via an intro boss whose stats and abilities indicate that if he's not the final boss he's at least an endgame fight. Given how broken Beastmaster is, this means that I can potentially give the smug asshole a taste of his own medicine by being the hopeless boss fight to him, having my stats be high enough that all of his attacks would be rendered a complete joke. So just for him I may just maximize Beastmaster's stats to use against someone who very much needs punishment.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-17 11:50:43

At 4/15/21 10:22 PM, TheGamechanger wrote: Heh, already reached max MP points of 999 via the Beastmaster class and I'm not even halfway through the game yet. Worth noting all those boosted stats only apply when the Beastmaster is your main class, if you have it as your secondary class you instead have the default level stats.

Now this game does have one of those "hopeless boss fights that you can't win" via an intro boss whose stats and abilities indicate that if he's not the final boss he's at least an endgame fight. Given how broken Beastmaster is, this means that I can potentially give the smug asshole a taste of his own medicine by being the hopeless boss fight to him, having my stats be high enough that all of his attacks would be rendered a complete joke. So just for him I may just maximize Beastmaster's stats to use against someone who very much needs punishment.

Well, was right about him being an endgame boss at least. Kinda obvious he wasn't the final boss in hindsight as he's an Asterisk holder, and the previous two games had an evil inhuman abomination as the final boss. Despite Beastmaster boosting my stats, he was still a beast to fight even if I was able to easily tank most of his attacks. The only attack that really gave me trouble is the instant-death attack, though I got around that by having the foresight to have two of the characters have White Mage as their secondary class. As I've already had White Mage be maxed out with the current cap of 12, I had access to a move that revives a character with full health.

Anyways, I've actually stopped leveling up the new job classes I've obtained since Chapter 2 as I kinda want to do all that in the final dungeon as I feel it'll be more epic that way. I just reached the final chapter, but before I do any story progress in it I want to tackle all the remaining side quests first. Also just to give me more of a challenge I'm not using much of the special abilities to take on bosses, but merely taking them on using mainly regular attacks. I'm still keeping catching monsters to a minimum, though I seemed to have already hit the damage cap as far as limit break moves go, with said damage cap being 9999. Worth noting by this point bosses have much more than 9999 HP.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-20 03:25:46

Wizards & Warriors is one of those games that was more fun when it was released years ago. It is more challenging due control issues, and the annoying enemies. It has been a long week for me. Trying to get back to my normal routine.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-20 03:30:43

Got through the God awful X6 and I'm going through the equally crap X7. Almost done with the Mega Man X series. Damn what a drop in quality.

Mega Man X8 looks promising but they really should've thrown in the towel at X5.

Your local Newgrounds fanboy and musician.

Bandcamp - Discord: Trit#9469

Caught 99 of each monster in the first main area (aka prologue) of Bravely Default II, and now started working on doing so for the second main area (aka first chapter). And my hunch was right, Beastmaster is only broken to a certain point as the endgame bosses and enemies become tough enough to reduce Beastmaster to no longer being OP.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-20 16:11:20

Geometry Dash = Life

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-20 22:23:11

Wizards & Warriors is still going well. Making steady progress. I am having fun rescuing all of these princesses.

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-20 22:54:28

Animal crossing new horizions i have never missed a fucking day

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-21 01:50:13

Wizards & Warriors does a good job of including magic items and potions. One of the first NES games to really combine these features into a fighting game.

Also, this is the five hundredth post in this topic. Very few topics have ever reached the point of having five hundred posts. I am very proud to celebrate this achievement.

BBS Signature

Bravely Default II does show you the stat differences between each of the job classes. Just took a glance at Beastmaster's as I haven't checked on it in a while and I already maxed out six of the stats for it: MP, Physical Attack, Physical Defense, Magical Attack, and Magical Defense are all at 999, with Maximum HP being at 9999. The next stat close to being maxed out is Restorative Power, which is at 906. The other stats aren't close to being maxed out yet however.

The kicker is that I'm nowhere near done with catching 99 of each monster, I estimate I'm about a fourth or third of the way there. I'm still going to continue catching all those monsters as each monster is functionally a single move, so if I want to use a specific move a lot I'm gonna have to catch plenty of that monster.

Also, forgot to mention that I discovered that the last job class has an ability that bypasses the damage cap of 9999. Haven't gotten to that ability yet as I'm focusing on completing the other job classes first.

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-21 21:29:37

I'm replaying Pokémon White, but properly this time since I basically forgot about the game. It's a lot better the second time around! The story is interesting and the art is fantastic. My main team so far is Dewott, Krokorok, Joltik and Litwick, with Watchog, Simisear, Unfezant and others as extras. I'm really looking forward to finishing the game

Judge my music taste! || Add me on Steam || Letterboxd

The description doesn't fit, if not a synonym of menace

BBS Signature

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-21 22:47:43

At 10/6/20 04:06 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: In celebration of video games being able to be discussed in General, let's discuss which video game you are currently Playing.

I am replaying Final Fantasy 7 Remake.

Currently replaying UNDERTALE

Response to Game You are Currently Playing 2021-04-22 02:22:43

I'm still playing counter strike source and i still love the game to death.

(Real men use the nano editor for programming)