00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

soniccrackers23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Cool Artists to Follow in July

7,987 Views | 18 Replies
Respond to this Topic

There’s lots of cool stuff to see, hear and play on Newgrounds this month, so I thought I'd highlight some artists you could follow!

Horizontal and vertical shooter fans are having a great month, thanks to @gatod and @cp99:

Don’t sleep on RetroShooti, it might be the greatest horizontal shooter on the site. If run ‘n gun is your jam:

The Game Maker’s Toolkit hosted a game jam this month with the theme, “Out of Control.” We’re showcasing a bunch of entries in our GMTK 2020 collection; here are two from @mmattugh (with music by the wonderful @ConnorGrail) and @Pixelulsar:

@Stopsignal has been here since 2012 but just shared their entries from both GMTK 2019 and GMTK 2020.

Follow them for cool art in your feed, too!

@InfinityVerge recently joined and everything they’ve shared so far has been golden:

KickMan will run via Ruffle when AS3 support is further along! Ruffle is a Flash emulation project started by @Mike and you can sponsor ongoing development.

@JGames just launched flashgamehistory.com, an entire site dedicated to memories and testimonials about Flash. Projects like this are a reminder of how important it is to preserve Flash’s legacy here on NG.

@scriptwelder is back with his first game here in five years, Waterworks!

You may know scriptwelder from classics like the Deep Sleep and Don’t Escape series.

@ioruko is creating art for an upcoming game and has shared some of her background and character designs:

@Emanhattan returned after a hiatus with a fantastic animated loop! He’s been working in television animation and is now involved in a film project.

I’ve been enjoying the 3D sculpts by @MaddyKenyon, an artist at Yacht Club Games:

Been following @DIGIMIN for a while and he keeps getting better and better:

@MichaFrario has been making up for lost time with a plethora of art this month:

This oc by @moskvitchok has a cool vibe:

@Knuxyy is knocking it out of the park:

I’ve recommended @KawaiSprite a bunch of times but I’ll keep doing it:

Abandoned Village by @ToraXD001 is right on the nose for potential game music:

With New Hope by @5TanLey, I could picture traversing the roof of a train.

Take Control by @Vortonox is a good one to vibe out to while working.

Same with Jack’s Box by @Jacob!

I’ve been diving into Witch House this week thanks to @SharkwithSideburns and @oddfellowfloyd:

I consistently enjoy @WaxTerK, @QShunt, @NoStereo, @wilidacious and @DimensionLord, among many others!

Sorry these posts are never exhaustive, there are so many amazing people here! Not to mention heavy hitters like @SrPelo and @meatcanyon with new movies this week:

And @SamBakZa posted a teaser for the new There She Is story that will premier on NG:

Click the first thumbnail on the There She Is series page to watch them all back to back in our new video player!

We’re planning to migrate the existing series and collection pages into the playlist system as playlists continue to evolve - lots of plans there! The latest updates include rating filters and a more visible Play All option; check out my Short Shorts 2020 list for an example. We have design plans to make things prettier, too.

Newgrounds News Resources to Follow

Follow @TheTankTribute for a weekly rundown of things happening around NG.

Follow @TheNewgroundsPodcast for regular podcasts featuring NG artists and regulars.

Follow @TheInterviewer, so you don’t miss out on great interviews! Here are the latest:

Interview with AntomM, creator of creepy stuff like A Crack In My Skin.

Interview with Aaron-Long, creator of Sublo and Tangy Mustard.

Interview with semicabbage, illustrator of male anatomy.

Interview with MistyEntertainment, creator of Adrellia Village.

Interview with Ericho, prolific review writer.

Ongoing Events

The Neo Geo Jam is in progress, with categories for animation, music and fan art! We’re actively raising funds to boost the prizes (over $2,500 so far) and if you’d like to contribute, please use the donation option on our Supporter page and PM me a heads up you donated towards the Neo Geo Jam. Specify which category (animation, music, art) you would like to boost if you have a preference.

The audition period for the Newgrounds Audio Deathmatch has ended but you have until August 1st to enter the Newgrounds Underdogs’ Audio Contest!

Side note - check out the NGAD thread to see a cool promo art piece by @TheMangoso!

@Sevi is hosting a Music Inspired Art Contest, where you create art inspired by music here on NG. There are cash prizes for the six best pieces!

The top two games this month will each receive $100 and thanks to your donations, we’ll be able to give at least that much for the next four months. There is no limit to how big the game prizes can get! If you’d like to contribute to this area of the site, use the donation option on our Supporter page and let me know it’s for the monthly game prizes.

I feel like I’m forgetting a million things! What’s been your favorite thing on NG this month?

iu_146528_1.jpg

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 14:04:48

I love that Aaron Long has been getting a lot of attention lately. He definitely deserves it.

I also interviewed him recently and we should have it posted as a podcast by the end of the month. (I'm hoping that's the time frame for it) Posted to newgrounds first, then spotify afterwards.

The interview lasted somewhere between 2-3 hours long was a ton of fun.

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 14:07:52

At 7/22/20 01:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: I feel like I’m forgetting a million things! What’s been your favorite thing on NG this month?

I know this is a tad self serving, but my favorite thing was making front page this month. I was a little unsure of my music writing abilities at the time and it was the confidence boost I needed. I honestly couldn't thank you guys enough.

Also, Sunrise by @MeatCanyon is my jam this month. Phenomenal work.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 14:20:41

Thank you so much for the shout out Tom! I'm so glad you enjoy my music, it really means a lot to me <3

I'm definitely gonna have to take a look at the other newgrounders here :)

Composing video game soundtracks and the occasional personal release :)

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 15:18:48

At 7/22/20 02:04 PM, Fro wrote: I love that Aaron Long has been getting a lot of attention lately. He definitely deserves it.

I also interviewed him recently and we should have it posted as a podcast by the end of the month. (I'm hoping that's the time frame for it) Posted to newgrounds first, then spotify afterwards.

The interview lasted somewhere between 2-3 hours long was a ton of fun.

Awesome!! Can't wait for the interview! <3

Well, cant wait to refresh my blam list.

Just kidding, congrats to every artist who was showcased here, you deserve it.

(i also deserve it btw ffs)

Ο ήχος του δημιουργού μας, το πεπρωμένο μας του πνεύματος, η αγκαλιά του σύμπαντος.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 17:25:11

Thank you for the shoutout!

I missed some of these, and I'm excited to check them out. Thanks!

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 22:56:17

Haha, I was wondering why the NGUAC got a huge surge in submissions today, and then I saw this. Thanks for the shout-out, Tom!

"Time's fun when you're having flies." ~Kermit the Frog

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 23:54:53

At 7/22/20 02:07 PM, TheHeartgrinder wrote:
At 7/22/20 01:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: I feel like I’m forgetting a million things! What’s been your favorite thing on NG this month?
I know this is a tad self serving, but my favorite thing was making front page this month. I was a little unsure of my music writing abilities at the time and it was the confidence boost I needed. I honestly couldn't thank you guys enough.

Nah--- congrats!!!!

Also, Sunrise by @MeatCanyon is my jam this month. Phenomenal work.

I am also in love with Sunrise by @MeatCanyon

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-22 23:55:54

At 7/22/20 11:11 PM, RealFaction wrote: @TomFulp This is all great stuff, and it's awesome you're promoting all this, i hate to burst your bubble, but you said TheTankTribute instead of @TheTankTribune :P ya goofed! I understand why you made that mistake though it's just funny hehe. Lol hope all is well.

I freaking love @TheTankTribune like way more than I should. I look forward to seeing it now every Sunday.

| It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose|||Love belongs to Desire, and Desire is always cruel.||||

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-23 00:30:57

At 7/22/20 01:55 PM, TomFulp wrote: Follow @TheTankTribute for a weekly rundown of things happening around NG.
Follow @TheInterviewer, so you don’t miss out on great interviews! Here are the latest

Thank you so much for the shout outs. It means a lot.

Follow @TheNewgroundsPodcast for regular podcasts featuring NG artists and regulars.

Also Yes! Noted that @GoodL is the one to credit with The Newgrounds Podcast! So shout out to him and his hard work!

I feel like I’m forgetting a million things! What’s been your favorite thing on NG this month?

Probably, it's one reason I started the Tribune. If you see something, just shoot me a PM!

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-23 17:46:33

good to see eman again

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-24 02:57:01

Congrats to every artist that was showcased.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-24 05:02:07

Everyone on Newgrounds is cool...because they use Newgrounds!

world on lockdown, still surviving!!!

BBS Signature

Woah! High praise!! Thank you so much for playing our weird little shmup :) We're honestly shocked it has been so well received, especially considering we were going for Terra Cresta meets Takeshi's Challenge.

We're looking forward to show you all the game's next act! And thanks again for playing. Can't really stress enough how thankful and glad we are.

iu_147886_8086730.gif

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-27 13:40:08

No cool NSFW artist to follow :(

Make Newgrounds Great Again! Moderation should be fair, not abused.

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-28 17:53:34

At 7/22/20 01:55 PM, TomFulp wrote:

Thank you so much again!!! It's like a dream come true to actually appear in these posts. And to have you tell people to check out the drawings too, hahahaha

Also, the reception to both those tiny games warms my heart a lot. They were quite hidden in itch.io, but here people really played them. Makes one feel awesome!!

As soon as i get my back off school and work eases off i want to make another project, though no promises yet!

hi! i make art and games. Hope you like them!

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-28 21:49:25

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

hmph. amateurs.

BBS Signature

Response to Cool Artists to Follow in July 2020-07-29 22:24:40

Thank you so much for the feature! ^_^