00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

StickmanMarkinson just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Pico Day 2020 Winners!

7,417 Views | 20 Replies
Respond to this Topic

May 9th was Pico Day, a celebration of all things Newgrounds! The biggest event of the day was the release of Picollage 2020, celebrating 25 years of NG:

The Picollage was organized by @BillPremo and @LoganPhresh, programmed by @Mike and featured 56 artists! I implore you to check it out if you haven’t already.

We also hosted a fan art contest and the entries this year were phenomenal! Here are the winners:

1st - $200

@Gatekid3 revisits the first project he was ever asked to help with, Newgrounds Zero Hour. This time around he presents a vision for what would be one helluva game, with a reimaged Pico vs Alucard battle intro. This is the type of work that inspires entire games to get made!

2nd - $150

@Kengabr arranged a dynamic explosion of characters, shining a light on a number of games that have often been overlooked in group shots like this. We like to picture something like this as a wall mural at the office!

3rd - $100

@mogy64 assembled a vibrant montage of personalities in homage to a classic Capcom Friendly Club promo. Every character pops, making this piece feel like a real party. @HappyHarry even updated his Twitter avatar to feature this rendition of Killgar!

4th - $100

@MKMaffo does a brilliant job capturing NG’s past, present and future in one group shot. I sometimes get weary of seeing the old characters get rolled out but this illustration makes them all feel fresh again.

5th - $100

There’s something special about this piece by @TheDyingSun, which captures a cool night city vibe. It also propagates the idea of a physical NG space illuminated by color themes from the different Portals; a dream many of us share.

6th - $100

@ScepterDPinoy makes elaborate pixel art collages and you're sorely missing out if you don't study this up-close. This piece is like a Where’s Waldo of Newgrounds, where you find yourself rewarded as you explore every corner and discover characters you missed the first time around.

Thank you everyone who participated in Pico Day, it really means a lot to us here with Newgrounds on the brain! If some of this is foreign to you, read up on the NG history.

Other News

The Art Inspired Music contest is in progress and the goal is to make songs inspired by art here on NG!

We’re hosting a Musk Animation Jam, a controversial decision but one that we expect will have interesting results.

If you’ve made something for the Sailor Moon Redraw Challenge, tag it with sailormoonredraw so people can browse them all in one place! I’ve added a few aliases to merge similar tags into the same results.

From today through the 27th we’re running an ad campaign that will be visible to non-Supporters. Our efforts to be ad-free are going well and our supporter total continues to grow; however it’s a long-term process and on occasion we’ll need to pay some bills with campaigns like this. Hopefully increasingly rare occasions! We’re super grateful that so many of you have been able to toss NG a couple bucks a month when so much upheaval is happening in the world.

iu_123510_1.png

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 10:44:06

OMG TOM LESSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO REAL TROOPEEEEER

God i have no words!! Also very happy for @TheDyingSun, was streaming the drawing and half way lost the progress, im glad she topped herself and made it even cooler!

Congrats to everyone who won and joined in on the fun!!!

iu_123513_6884537.gif

hi :)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 10:52:33

At 5/20/20 10:44 AM, MKMaffo wrote: God i have no words!! Also very happy for @TheDyingSun, was streaming the drawing and half way lost the progress, im glad she topped herself and made it even cooler!
Congrats to everyone who won and joined in on the fun!!!

Congrats to everyone! And I loved the Picollage this year! I've been going back a lot to keep replaying the puzzle so much that I know the drawings like the back of my hand.

And as funny as it is, the file did crash twice during production XD.

I'm so glad this Pico Day was not let down, especially with the insanity this year.

Love you guys!

<3 <3 <3

Crazy Artist, Roboticist and Programmer... that's about it.

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 10:59:51

Only been on here for about 3 years but I can definitely say this was the best pico day I can remember so far, gr8 work everybody!

Come on down to Fulpstation, baby

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 13:18:36

It was a fantastic Pico Day, great entries left and right!

Congrats to the winners and here's hoping next year will be even better!

RedSnake's the name, out of character and gae is the game.

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 13:31:20

This Pico day was interesting to say the least. It was my first time entering it so it was fun.

Can't wait for next year

https://38cautionzone.com

Ko-fi (Commission/Donation)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 13:33:12

This definitely proves passion trumps.... whatever the other thing is here. my pet jam entry was less than stellar, but its great to see the work i had more fun doing do much better. im glad other people are enjoying it too.

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 14:55:25

Good stuff good stuff. :)

Congrats to the winners!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 15:52:10

A big CONGRATS to the winners and everyone who participated in PICO DAY! It was such a treat seeing all this creative, quality work from the community! Till the next one, cheers!

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 18:06:38

Congrats to the winners and great job to those who participated making awesome entries for making this website a better place. Just 5 years to go until NG's 30th anniversary milestone.

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-20 23:29:04

Damn! Another contest that I missed. And I had 3 months worth of prep time, well. At least, ever since the Tumblr migration, many artist have moved to Newgrounds, the Picollage is a masterpiece to look at.

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-21 03:48:35

Congrats to all the winners. Plenty of quality submissions for Pico Day 2020.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-21 04:10:33

AAAHHH thankyou NG and Tom !! also congratz to all winners and entries ! you guys are awesome !!!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-21 06:08:44

ScepterDPinoy is the best !

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-21 08:42:11

Congrats to everyone, gatekid is one to watch. Also tom can i have a gift card prize again. thnx

First post

None

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-22 10:51:00

Congrats to all the winners!!

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-22 10:57:14

gratz all winners!

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-22 13:05:29

Congrats to my dudes out there. You did good.

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-22 16:13:44

Congrats to all the winners! And Picollage was an amazing collaborative effort, worthy of the 25 years of NG. I still have to chase a couple of medals when I have the time.

Btw, Tom, don't you think ValhallaClub deserves a place in the frontpage too? It's quite an amazing short, truly funny. I just find it weird that it wasn't showcased.

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-22 16:17:29

At 5/22/20 04:13 PM, CaminanteNocturno wrote: Btw, Tom, don't you think ValhallaClub deserves a place in the frontpage too? It's quite an amazing short, truly funny. I just find it weird that it wasn't showcased.

I was waiting to see if some music could be swapped out, the animation itself is fantastic!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Pico Day 2020 Winners! 2020-05-29 10:21:36

At 5/21/20 06:08 AM, Pecheneg wrote: ScepterDPinoy is the best !

Hell yeah! First time I stumbled upon his work I thought it was just a scene creator thing, with tons of different sprites gathered together from various sources... crazy amount of effort when you know it's all custom.

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature