00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

brabbit117 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest

6,380 Views | 20 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Back in May we started a competition with the idea of creating a new newgrounds character base and animation. So far we have held a writing competition in which @Unabated won with their story Discount Detectives: Dicked Twice.

We then moved on to an art competition to try and bring on some artists or at the very least some concept art for the animator. We had a ton of great turn outs which you can view on my playlist here, but in the end @Unabated decided that @MrShmoods had the right vision with the following piece.

There were also a lot of honorable mentions there so I highly recommend checking out the playlist mentioned above.

Now we move on to the next steps. The voice acting and theme song sections! Find the theme song section here. If you're also a music creator or want to team up with a music creator feel free to organize that. You can include voice acting in your theme song or music in their voice acting. etc...

Rules:

Pick at the minimum 2 characters from the script and give us some of their lines. Feel free to do more characters and feel free to take some creative liberty with the script or go off the script a little bit as long as you stay in character.

Just check out the story, the concept art, and what the artist was feeling for the concept art and show us what you think they should sound like.

Just to make it clear let us know what characters you are voicing at what time in some manner, whether you speak it in the submission or add it in the audio description.

Submit to the audio portal and link here by the deadline.

Deadline:

11/4/19 - Midnight EST

Prizes:

1st Place (male voice): Supporter Status, you get to join the team of judges for the next stages of the competition. Your audio will be used in the animation or you will have the chance to create something new for the animation when the time comes.

2nd Place (male voice): Supporter Status

3rd Place (male voice): Supporter Status

1st Place (female voice): Supporter Status, you get to join the team of judges for the next stages of the competition. Your audio will be used in the animation or you will have the chance to create something new for the animation when the time comes.

2nd Place (female voice): Supporter Status

3rd Place (female voice): Supporter Status

Other:

Whether your male, female, gender neutral, or something else please feel free to attempt either male or female voices. If you can do both then perhaps you'll be picked as the best for both!

Just because you aren't chosen to be the 1st place doesn't mean that you might not get asked to help out with the final product. Perhaps something will fall through or there are different opportunities throughout the process where different audio would be desired.

At the end of the day @Unabated and @MrShmoods have the final say. This is more about community building and coming together to make something original.

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-04 14:15:41

Cool! I'll get something pulled together for this :)

A journey of a thousand miles begins with complaining

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-04 20:16:25

At 10/4/19 11:08 AM, Fro wrote: Back in May we started a competition with the idea of creating a new newgrounds character base and animation. So far we have held a writing competition in which @Unabated won with their story Discount Detectives: Dicked Twice.

We then moved on to an art competition to try and bring on some artists or at the very least some concept art for the animator. We had a ton of great turn outs which you can view on my playlist here, but in the end @Unabated decided that @MrShmoods had the right vision with the following piece.

//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mrshmoods/newgrounds-character-contest-guy-sticker

There were also a lot of honorable mentions there so I highly recommend checking out the playlist mentioned above.

Now we move on to the next steps. The voice acting and theme song sections! Find the theme song section here. If you're also a music creator or want to team up with a music creator feel free to organize that. You can include voice acting in your theme song or music in their voice acting. etc...

Rules:

Pick at the minimum 2 characters from the script and give us some of their lines. Feel free to do more characters and feel free to take some creative liberty with the script or go off the script a little bit as long as you stay in character.

Just check out the story, the concept art, and what the artist was feeling for the concept art and show us what you think they should sound like.

Just to make it clear let us know what characters you are voicing at what time in some manner, whether you speak it in the submission or add it in the audio description.

Deadline:

11/4/19 - Midnight EST

Prizes:

1st Place (male voice): Supporter Status, you get to join the team of judges for the next stages of the competition. Your audio will be used in the animation or you will have the chance to create something new for the animation when the time comes.

1st Place (female voice): Supporter Status, you get to join the team of judges for the next stages of the competition. Your audio will be used in the animation or you will have the chance to create something new for the animation when the time comes.

Other:

Whether your male, female, gender neutral, or something else please feel free to attempt either male or female voices. If you can do both then perhaps you'll be picked as the best for both!

Just because you aren't chosen to be the 1st place doesn't mean that you might not get asked to help out with the final product. Perhaps something will fall through or there are different opportunities throughout the process where different audio would be desired.

At the end of the day @Unabated and @MrShmoods have the final say. This is more about community building and coming together to make something original.

I have my demo reel for my voice acting.

Follow me on Newgrounds.com

Support me on Patreon

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-05 06:15:47

I'll join this thing. let me help out however i can with my voice. if anyone needs me, let me know

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-05 09:40:24

At 10/4/19 08:16 PM, AngryDuck16 wrote:
At 10/4/19 11:08 AM, Fro wrote: Back in May we started a competition with the idea of creating a new newgrounds character base and animation. So far we have held a writing competition in which @Unabated won with their story Discount Detectives: Dicked Twice.

//www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mrshmoods/newgrounds-character-contest-guy-sticker

Rules:

Deadline:

11/4/19 - Midnight EST

Prizes:

Other:

I have my demo reel for my voice acting.
//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/874574

Please read the thread. This is not what I asked for. I asked for you to read the script, check out the concept art, and do voices for two of the characters.

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-05 09:42:21

At 10/5/19 06:15 AM, LuckOdaStars wrote: I'll join this thing. let me help out however i can with my voice. if anyone needs me, let me know

This is a competition. To compete read the script, check out the concept art, and submit a piece of voice acting to the audio portal of two of the characters.

Please read the the opening post.

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-06 16:08:41

Aw yeah! Finally I can enter a new type of contest to make a fool out of myself!

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-09 20:05:59

Here is my audio submission audition:

This is my first actual audition, so let me know if I formatted it well or what I could have done better

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-13 23:49:43

Here's my take on a few characters. Let me know what you think!

Ed, Chief, Janitor, etc

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-14 00:05:27

Hey there, I'm Alex. I want to get into voice acting and this is quite literally my first attempt at anything. These werent done with any editing and recorded on earbuds with my phone. All scenes i voiced everyone in one continuous cut. I wish i could offer more right now. However if you like anything or want to hear anything specifice from me let me know. All characters announced in order of appearance per scene.

Heres the playlist of all scenes

https://www.newgrounds.com/playlists/view/b4b16fd387d65c4ae9eca1d53a2634f6

Do or do not, there is no try.

Unless you die like 60 times and gotta take a break and come back to it.

Use the FORRRRRRRRk

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-17 05:06:25

Rules:

Deadline:

11/4/19 - Midnight EST

Prizes:

Other:

I'm an impersonator this might be good i do have ocs too

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-17 17:07:24

here is my audition for the contest.

i have done the voices of Ed, Harold and Guy in scene 1. i wish the best of luck for all

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-22 18:09:03

Try your best man. I hope to see some work that you enjoyed doing.

Writer, Unabated

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-24 20:39:14

Scene 1 Harold & Stephanie

Here's one of the samples I've recorded, I'm sending one in for Guy Sticker too, but didn't know I couldn't upload WAV so i have to re-record that. Anyways hope you like this!

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-10-24 20:57:07

Guy Sticker Lines - Scene1

here's the samples I recorded for Guy Sticker, I improvised and had a little fun recording for him so hopefully you'll enjoy that.

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-11-04 10:28:41

Is there an email address I can send a demo too

t 10/4/19 11:08 AM, Fro wrote:

Back in May we started a competition with the idea of creating a new newgrounds character base and animation. So far we have held a writing competition in which @Unabated won with their story Discount Detectives: Dicked Twice.

Rules:

Deadline:

11/4/19 - Midnight EST

Prizes:

Other:

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-11-04 10:30:15

At 11/4/19 10:28 AM, espsiongold2 wrote: Is there an email address I can send a demo too

Just like the instructions in the post you quoted say, please submit it to the audio portal here and link it to the thread. :)

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-11-19 18:15:00

Results:

1st Place: @Glass-of-Awesome

Winner of a supporter status, moves on with the team to help judge the next portion of the competition and get's voice used in animation.

2nd Place: @Bilmo 

Winner of a supporter status and get's voice used in animation.

3rd Place: @LuckOdaStars

----------

Comments from the judges:

"@Glass-of-Awesome crushed it as the Janitor and also did a pretty good Chief Guy."

"@Glass-of-Awesome crushed it all around so he deserves the win. (Janitor, Ed Jackson)"

"Bilmo nailed the Curator and a decent Harold."

"@LuckOdaStars did a fantastic Guy and Harold."

"@downundacheez did a good Stephanie."

"@MasterXelcas would be a good child and Narrator."

----------

Just because you weren't chosen to be in the top 3, doesn't mean that you might not get asked to help out with the final product. Perhaps something will fall through or there are different opportunities throughout the process where different audio and voices would be desired/need filled in.

----------

The next steps will be a competition for an animated intro to the story using the winning theme song, some voices from the voice actors, and concept art that was produced to help the animators envision the characters. I'll be at the drawing board there, but I'm going to attempt to put some money down for the winner of that competition. 

Response to Newgrounds OC Voice Acting Contest 2019-11-19 20:04:34

At 11/19/19 06:15 PM, CoachFro wrote: Results:

1st Place: @Glass-of-Awesome

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/887354

Winner of a supporter status, moves on with the team to help judge the next portion of the competition and get's voice used in animation.

2nd Place: @Bilmo 

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/886603

3rd Place: @LuckOdaStars

//www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/887907

----------

Comments from the judges:

"@Glass-of-Awesome crushed it as the Janitor and also did a pretty good Chief Guy."
"@Glass-of-Awesome crushed it all around so he deserves the win. (Janitor, Ed Jackson)"

"Bilmo nailed the Curator and a decent Harold."

"@LuckOdaStars did a fantastic Guy and Harold."

"@downundacheez did a good Stephanie."

"@MasterXelcas would be a good child and Narrator."

----------

Just because you weren't chosen to be in the top 3, doesn't mean that you might not get asked to help out with the final product. Perhaps something will fall through or there are different opportunities throughout the process where different audio and voices would be desired/need filled in.

----------

The next steps will be a competition for an animated intro to the story using the winning theme song, some voices from the voice actors, and concept art that was produced to help the animators envision the characters. I'll be at the drawing board there, but I'm going to attempt to put some money down for the winner of that competition. 

great wor guys, yall did great

Thank you! I look forward to the next part of the contest. Great job to all who participated.

Thank you all

I do agree, Glass-of-Awesome's Janitor *kissing sound*