THIS IS NOT THE SUBMISSION THREAD! You can find the submission thread here: https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1443863
Welcome to NGRMC 2019! I’m your host Felix Zophar and your co-host is 8oltSh0cX. This year we decided to have a melody vote and let you guys decide what melody you wanted to use. You guys voted Melody One, which I think would have been the best choice for this kind of competition. We thought last year went pretty good for a first-year so we’re back again. And this is not the submission thread so don’t submit your music. Just ask questions, comment, or say if you’re in or not (of course you don’t have to, you just have to submit the song and you’re in).
Competition start: August 10 at 12:00 a.m. EST
Deadline: September 8 at 11:59 p.m. EST
Results released: September 15-20
Make sure you know your time zone difference.
@FelixZophar (host and manager)
@8oltSh0cX (co-host and assistant manager)
What is NGRMC? NGRMC stands for Newgrounds Remix Competition. What happens is you’re given a melody with chords and you take it and turn it into your own song. We then score your song and if you’re in the Top 5, you are able to earn a prize! It’s very exciting to see how many different people take one idea and develop it using their own unique style. I strongly encourage you to participate and it’s a lot of fun.
The melody will be provided with a screenshot with the midi laid out below. We will also provide a download link with Newgrounds dump that contains the midi and the demo sound stems if you are interested in using the demo sounds.
For the title you have to put “NGRMC 2019 remix” next to your song name so that we know it’s a NGRMC remix and so you don’t get flagged if your remix sounds similar to someone else’s. We emphasize the importance of the 2019 part after NGRMC, as it will help to separate remixes from the previous year.
TheJoker - Flying High (NGRMC 2019 remix)
WaterPowa - Erupt (NGRMC 2019 remix)
2night - Party all Day (NGRMC 2019 remix)
- No submitting a song past the deadline date. Please contact one of the managers if you need to make separate arrangements.
- You may NOT collab.
- You must be scouted.
- Keep the song in between 1:30 - 6 minutes. Obviously, if it’s 5 seconds over or under then we’re not going to disqualify you.
- You may change the melody slightly. You may not change it enough where it sounds different or nothing like the original. You are allowed to change the scale from major to minor vise versa.
- The remix must be original work. No using copyrighted samples. Loops are restricted.
- Please add flavor to your remix. Though having a solo instrument is okay this year, we would like to see layered and fruity music.
- No resubmissions. We’re not allowing that this year so make sure your mix is the final mix that you like.
- All judges will give the song a rating from 1-10.
- The average of each rating will be the score the song will get.
- Each song will be judged by its creativity, mixing, and how it appeals to the judge.
- Make sure the song is pleasantly sounding to the ears along with a good mix.
1st: 1 year of support status and $30 worth of sample packs
2nd: 1 year of support status and $20 worth of sample packs
3rd: 1 year of support status and $10 worth of sample packs
4th: $5 worth of sample packs
5th: $5 worth of sample packs
1st - 10th get their song featured on Aurora Electronic Music, or previously known as Earth’s Unknown EDM.
Since there is only one melody it may be hard to write different kinds of genres. You are allowed to change it from minor to major or major to minor since if you want to write a happy song, you can’t really do that with a minor scale. Or maybe you wanted to write a cool dubstep song. You could slightly modify it to make it melodic dubstep. Those are just some suggestions.
If you have any questions you can leave a post on this thread or contact one of the managers. Don’t contact @Dovax, he’s only a judge and has not been planning this for the past two months. He won’t be able to answer your questions.