00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonMugen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread

17,768 Views | 54 Replies

Hello everyone and welcome to the 6th annual Art-Inspired Music Contest! It is an honour and privilege to be your organizer for this event. This is my first time organizing a Newgrounds contest, so hopefully, all goes well.

I should note that this is the thread where you’ll post your SUBMISSIONS only. To ask questions or discuss other matters, go to the Discussion Thread found HERE!

Prizes

Here are the prizes for this year's compo:

1st place:

• You get to be the first to pick a game of your choice from the Prize Pool (details below)!
  • Your song gets put on the A.I.M. 2019 album

2nd place:

• You get to be the second to pick a game of your choice from the Prize Pool (details below)

3rd place:

• You get to be the third to pick a game of your choice from the Prize Pool (details below)!

Runner-Ups (17 of them):

• Your song gets on the A.I.M. 2019 album
  • You get to pick a game of your choice from the Prize Pool after the top 3 winners (details below)!

Fan Favorite:

During the judging phase, people can vote for their favorite song submission. The winning song with the most votes will end up on the contest album (and get to pick out a game from the Prize Pool)!

Prize Pool

The prize pool is a stash of games kindly donated by fellow NG members. Thank you @I0TA and @Ninjamuffin99 to for your generous game donations! I would also like to thank @SplatterDash for helping compile the prize list and reaching out to the prize holders.

Here are the prizes up for grabs:

• Cities: Skylines + After Dark DLC
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V
  • METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
  • NeuroVoider
  • Zombie Army Trilogy
  • Immortal Redneck
  • American Truck Simulator
  • Dungeons 3
  • Hidden Folks
  • Old Man’s Journey
  • We Were Here Too
  • Ultimate General: Civil War
  • SPINTIRES
  • Peregrin(us)
  • Blackwake
  • Forts
  • Hearts of Iron IV
  • Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition
  • Portal Knights
  • Serial Cleaner
  • Shiness: The Lightning Kingdon
  • Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition
  • Homefront: The Revolution
  • Ryse: Son of Rome
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 2
  • Sniper Ghost Warrior 3
  • Running with Rifles
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • Max Payne
  • Max Payne 2
  • Manhunt
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • Among the Sleep - Enhanced Edition
  • Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator
  • The First Tree
  • Getting Over It with Bennett Foddy
  • Tooth and Tail
  • SONIC ADVENTURE 2: BATTLE
  • Sonic Adventure DX
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Collection
  • Sonic CD
  • Sonic Generations Collection
  • Pinstripe
  • Besiege
  • Stick Fight: The Game
  • Action Henk
  • Mini Metro
  • Orwell: Keeping an Eye on You
  • Tropico 5 (with espionage and waterborne expansions)
  • Skullgirls
  • Scanner Sombre
  • HunieCam Studio
  • SpeedRunners
  • Human Resource Machine
  • Song of the Deep
  • VVVVVV
  • Knights of Pen & Paper +1 Edition
  • N++

How the Contest Works:

1): You pick a single piece of artwork in the Art Portal from a Newgrounds artist you really appreciate (make sure to give them credit, message them when you're done).

2): Create a song inspired by that art and submit it by posting the link on this thread before the deadline, also post the link to the picture that inspired it as well, also give the name of the picture and artist!

Judges

The judges this year are still kind of a work in progress. I do have four judges, but I need to confirm two more of them for the panel. I'll put the names that are confirmed for the panel so far, and mention the other two once I receive confirmation.

Here's the current panel so far:

@Quarl

@JessieYun

Rules

Please read over the rules BEFORE you submit your submission(s), come back to read them again to make sure you're following all the rules here! Some people haven't in past years. Never hurts to double-check! :)

1): Make sure you're familiar with the Audio Portal rules in the FAQ. Read here: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

2): ONLY post song submissions here (unless it's one of the judges with an update). Casual chatting and questions go in the Discussion Thread.

3): You must be at least 13 or over to enter.

4): Explicit content IS allowed music-wise, but the artwork that inspired you can't be A-rated (E, T, and M rated art is allowed).

5): No covers or remixes, only new original entries are accepted. No pre-recorded lyrics from vocal packs either.

6): Don't start writing your song until the beginning of the contest (day this was posted). Songs that were started or submitted before the start date will not be accepted. We do encourage you to PLEASE take your time and don't hurry your song, this is a challenge after all! :)

7): You can enter up to 2 songs this year.

8): Your song must be between 3-6 minutes (or at least close enough, we're reasonable).

9): In the front of the song title, write AIM (example: AIM - Strawberries), it helps speed up the judging process. Also, tag your song with AIM2019 in the tags!

10): Submit your song(s) on Newgrounds (uploaded to an NG account here only) by the official deadline: Monday, June 17, 2019 to this forum thread.

11): You can work with anyone, whether it be a singer, producer, etc. Bands are allowed, too! If they have an NG account, tag them in the project system, or if not, credit them in the description of your song(s)! Keep in mind, only one person gets the prize (unless it can be split equal ways).

12): You must be a scouted artist. This is for anti-fraud purposes.

13): If you're unsure of ANYTHING not listed (or have questions about what has been stated) in the rules, feel free to ask us questions in the discussion thread!

Lastly, this is not a rule, but more of a guideline: Music with a “melodic structure” is preferred. I realize this is quite open to interpretation, but you generally want to think about melodies, chords and structure/form. Soundscape pieces, while I won’t completely disallow them, tend to not be what this contest is for. You are free to incorporate soundscapes into a melodic work, but a soundscape piece alone is generally discouraged.

With that, I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing many wonderful entries. :)

This year’s promo art is done by my friend Frostyflytrap. He doesn’t have a Newgrounds account, but you can check out his gallery here or give him a shout on Twitter. Thanks a bunch, Frosty!

iu_18721_4990163.png

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-04-12 16:29:36

Song:

Art:

I'm the Devil in denim,

The rock n' roll ghost.

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-04-13 19:29:20

iu_19061_5429960.jpg

check it out

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-04-13 19:41:05

i am 1# newgrounds first celebrity,call me ninja kitty,i am a guardian christian of canada

BBS Signature

iu_20486_4273146.jpg

Contest entry music: Zig's Melody

Inspired Art: Zig's Journey

I'm the Devil in denim,

The rock n' roll ghost.

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-04-23 17:06:33

It's a hobby.

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-04-25 09:30:03

Song:

Art:

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-04-30 15:59:54

I got a question. So I have a song I'm working on for the A.I.M. Contest ( 6 actually lol. Anyways I want to release a demo of one of my work and was wondering if I uploaded it to youtube or anything else like (SoundCloud, Twitter, etc) would that mean I could use if for the A.I.M. still or would I have to use a different song I'm working on. Reason for asking is because I'm trying to get my music out there but I don't want to ruin my chances of using the particular piece for that matter. Please let me know :)

"People say my music tells a story, that it transports them into a new plain of reality. I'd like to tell that story and perhaps show you something wonderful" - Teckmo-X

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-05 15:48:09

Song:

Art:

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-06 03:23:03

Moon Waker inspired by - “Echoes Through the Stars” by @ThePsychoSheep

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-08 12:45:27

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-12 08:49:14

Here is my song:

Here is the art:

You got dat?

BBS Signature

At 4/12/19 04:51 AM, Random-storykeeper wrote:Hello everyone and welcome to the 6th annual Art-Inspired Music Contest! It is an honour and privilege to be your organizer for this event. This is my first time organizing a Newgrounds contest, so hopefully, all goes well.

I should note that this is the thread where you’ll post your SUBMISSIONS only. To ask questions or discuss other matters, go to the Discussion Thread found HERE!

Prizes
Here are the prizes for this year's compo:

1st place:

2nd place:

3rd place:

Runner-Ups (17 of them):

Fan Favorite:
During the judging phase, people can vote for their favorite song submission. The winning song with the most votes will end up on the contest album (and get to pick out a game from the Prize Pool)!

Prize Pool

The prize pool is a stash of games kindly donated by fellow NG members. Thank you @I0TA and @Ninjamuffin99 to for your generous game donations! I would also like to thank @SplatterDash for helping compile the prize list and reaching out to the prize holders.

Here are the prizes up for grabs:

How the Contest Works:

1): You pick a single piece of artwork in the Art Portal from a Newgrounds artist you really appreciate (make sure to give them credit, message them when you're done).

2): Create a song inspired by that art and submit it by posting the link on this thread before the deadline, also post the link to the picture that inspired it as well, also give the name of the picture and artist!

Judges

The judges this year are still kind of a work in progress. I do have four judges, but I need to confirm two more of them for the panel. I'll put the names that are confirmed for the panel so far, and mention the other two once I receive confirmation.

Here's the current panel so far:

@Quarl
@JessieYun

Rules

Please read over the rules BEFORE you submit your submission(s), come back to read them again to make sure you're following all the rules here! Some people haven't in past years. Never hurts to double-check! :)

1): Make sure you're familiar with the Audio Portal rules in the FAQ. Read here: http://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/help-information/terms-of-use/audio-guidelines

2): ONLY post song submissions here (unless it's one of the judges with an update). Casual chatting and questions go in the Discussion Thread.

3): You must be at least 13 or over to enter.

4): Explicit content IS allowed music-wise, but the artwork that inspired you can't be A-rated (E, T, and M rated art is allowed).

5): No covers or remixes, only new original entries are accepted. No pre-recorded lyrics from vocal packs either.

6): Don't start writing your song until the beginning of the contest (day this was posted). Songs that were started or submitted before the start date will not be accepted. We do encourage you to PLEASE take your time and don't hurry your song, this is a challenge after all! :)

7): You can enter up to 2 songs this year.

8): Your song must be between 3-6 minutes (or at least close enough, we're reasonable).

9): In the front of the song title, write AIM (example: AIM - Strawberries), it helps speed up the judging process. Also, tag your song with AIM2019 in the tags!

10): Submit your song(s) on Newgrounds (uploaded to an NG account here only) by the official deadline: Monday, June 17, 2019 to this forum thread prepaidgiftbalance.

11): You can work with anyone, whether it be a singer, producer, etc. Bands are allowed, too! If they have an NG account, tag them in the project system, or if not, credit them in the description of your song(s)! Keep in mind, only one person gets the prize (unless it can be split equal ways).

12): You must be a scouted artist. This is for anti-fraud purposes.

13): If you're unsure of ANYTHING not listed (or have questions about what has been stated) in the rules, feel free to ask us questions in the discussion thread!

Lastly, this is not a rule, but more of a guideline: Music with a “melodic structure” is preferred. I realize this is quite open to interpretation, but you generally want to think about melodies, chords and structure/form. Soundscape pieces, while I won’t completely disallow them, tend to not be what this contest is for. You are free to incorporate soundscapes into a melodic work, but a soundscape piece alone is generally discouraged.

With that, I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing many wonderful entries. :)

This year’s promo art is done by my friend Frostyflytrap. He doesn’t have a Newgrounds account, but you can check out his gallery here or give him a shout on Twitter. Thanks a bunch, Frosty!

Yes, I think you are right!

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-16 07:12:41

My first entry:

Inspired by:

My second entry:

Inspired by:

BBS Signature

Apologies. I didn't mean to post here just yet.

@NekoMika

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-18 19:33:29

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-18 19:58:32

Oh yeah shape time

here is my submission

and here is the piece it was inspired by

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-21 11:19:52

My 2nd submission! Really had quite an experience producing this one.

Art:

Also, I'd like to mention that I've updated my first submission. It sounded too messy, but now I think I've got it sounding better.

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-05-22 01:13:31

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-01 09:43:47

Here's my entry!: https://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/865812?updated=1559396534

Inspired by Noxity's piece which you can find here: https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/noxity/galaxy-witchy-kitty

Hope y'all enjoy!

Check out this premium, home grown 2019 Voice Reel. It's filled with gubbins!

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-04 22:53:59

Hi!

Song :

Art :

\m/

BBS Signature

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-05 03:00:23

My second entry for AIM 2019!

Inspired by artist @mraw

Piece - https://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/mraw/imposter

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-05 22:00:08

My first entry (most likely the only one) to AIM 2019:

Based of a seemingly old art by @AtTheSpeedOf :

here are my submissions, gl everyone!

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-10 00:18:28

It took me 2 months but I finally have it here we go, AIM 2019 Submission #1 : SuperNova!

I can't take all the credit, after all a huge thanks to @Kamikaye for letting me use Forgestar

Wish everyone luck!

"People say my music tells a story, that it transports them into a new plain of reality. I'd like to tell that story and perhaps show you something wonderful" - Teckmo-X

Track:

Art:

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-12 17:00:23

Submission #1 -

Inspired by this piece from @Nyogosz -

Response to AIM Contest 2019 Submissions Thread 2019-06-12 18:50:55

Submission 1:

Based on: