00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NGAP15 : Voice Actors

5,029 Views | 37 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Greetings, fellow Newgrounds Voice Actors!

This is Jessie, a casting director for the audio drama, celebrating the 15th Anniversary of the Newgrounds Audio Portal. RebakahAmberClark was the original casting director for this project, but unfortunately she dropped out due to her personal reasons with her family.

Alright, so we are casting voice actors for the characters who will appear in the audio drama. The scriptwriting is still in progress, check out the links to the threads of other creating fronts of this project.

Scriptwriting Discussion thread:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1424510/1

And the Lyricists/Musicians thread on Newgrounds:
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1424567/1

We're casting these characters for now (in order of appearances):

Dreamcrusher
Newscaster (Support character)
Darnell
Pico
The CorpoCat
Alphonse Schwanzelecker (Support character. Sounds exactly like Arnold Schwarzenegger)
Buttkisser 1 (Support character. One of Alphonse's butt kissers)
Buttkisser 2 (Support character. The other butt kisser)
A-Bot
ArchetypeZ8

Anyone is allowed to join in. Please post your demo reel link below to audition for the characters.

IMPORTANT - Please read this post of how the characters should sound like : https://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1424510/12#bbspost26141995_post_text
Footnote : These were suggestions the scriptwriter team made to get a discussion going. If you scroll down you'll notice there's more ideas. Feel free to join this discussion if you will.

Also, feel free to post comments, questions, suggestions, opinions, just getting to know each other, etc. Looking forward to work with you!

Finally, some shoutouts.
@alternativesolution, @Ceevro, @ChronoNomad, @ForNoReason, @Grandvision, @LadyArsenic, @Mawnz, @MistyWaterflower, @Noves, @SailorSilverStar, @Saminat, @slapper1, @SourJovis, @TrinaTan, @VicariousE

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

Visit My Official Portfolio!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-01-30 10:45:45 (edited 2018-01-30 11:14:24)

Awesome! I'd like to add some requests in favor of the production department (aka the poor guys in charge of compiling and mixing the whole play together):

* If you can, please mind the quality of your recording. Please be sure to record at 16 bits or higher and we prefer no lower than 44.1khz (if that was confusing, this video should help clear up why we request this). Also be sure to export submissions to a .wav file to ensure there will be no loss of quality. We'd really appreciate that!

* Please do not edit your recordings by adding effects. Just to name a few examples: if you play a robot, do not apply a chorus filter. And if your character is in a big hall, don't add any reverb to simulate that. Effects such as these will be added by the production team in the final stages of the play.

That's all. Good luck everyone!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-01-30 11:11:30

Here's another link to my audition as CorpoCat. This time in the new thread.

No effects are added. It's the highest quality I could record. It's converted to mp3 because I couldn't upload it to NG otherwise. I can share my recordings as wav. thorough other means, like dropbox or google drive or whatever.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-01-30 12:32:58 (edited 2018-01-30 12:38:53)

I'd also like to point out that many roles will not start recording until the script is finished. Right now we're still in the casting phase anyway but I'd like to direct everyone's attention to some roles that can already start recording as soon as they are cast:

1. Scene 1: A random person who's reading the declaration of independence. I imagine this takes place inside Independence Hall by one of the present delegates.
2. Scene 4: A mob of angry citizens. Fed up with Pico, Nene and Darnell they chase them around the city shouting threats and obscenities as they go. They're in bad shape though and pant heavily as they give chase (we need multiple voices/actors).
3. Scene 5: Alphonse Schwanzelecker is basically a vain version of Arnold Schwartzenecker.
4. Scene 5 & 7: Buttkisser 1 and Fatcat 1 are the same person (Fatcat 1 from scene 8 is a different person).
5. Scene 5 & 7: Buttkisser 2 and Fatcat 2 are the same person (Fatcat 2 from scene 8 is a different person).

For more info, check draft 6.

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-01 01:56:41

Do we have a narrator for the intro and outro? What kind of voice are we looking for to do that part?

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-01 08:36:32 (edited 2018-02-01 08:37:20)

At 2/1/18 01:56 AM, MetalRenard wrote: Do we have a narrator for the intro and outro? What kind of voice are we looking for to do that part?

We don't have a narrator for now. It could change in the future, and we will update when it changes.

~ Jessie

✨ENFP | 🎵 Epic Music Composer for: ACE/Old Chicago/OddTodd |🎬 Film Student | Status : Study Mode!

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-01 16:06:58

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-03 18:13:00

At 2/1/18 04:06 PM, espsiongold2 wrote: here

Thank you for participating! Will let you know soon :)

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 02:04:34

here demo

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 03:34:44

At 2/6/18 02:04 AM, espsiongold2 wrote: here demo

Thank you very much!

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 04:10:39

Before I record an audition. Is it okay if I'm inexperienced in the whole voice acting field? I'm just gonna try out for this one and is it okay if I try for all?

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 07:59:07

At 2/6/18 04:10 AM, Gaylord26 wrote: Before I record an audition. Is it okay if I'm inexperienced in the whole voice acting field? I'm just gonna try out for this one and is it okay if I try for all?

We'd prefer to have an experienced voice actor if possible, especially for the major characters.
But it's fine if you're not experienced. We are casting depending on the recordings eventually.

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 08:07:30

try bbbb demo

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 10:22:43 (edited 2018-02-06 10:24:17)

At 2/6/18 08:07 AM, espsiongold2 wrote: try bbbb demo

Hey, MetalRenard here, production director in case you didn't know.
Just a word to help you out here and eventually me, I guess... There's a ton of noise in your recordings. I recon you have the gain WAY up to compensate for something else being too quiet or you're using a laptop mic or doing the recordings in a noisy room. Could you try bringing the noise down, maybe reducing background noise or something? It would help A LOT and be beneficial for you in the long run because your recordings will appear more professional. :)
Getting rid of THAT level of noise will only ruin the audio quality and I don't own RX or something that powerful.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! Veteran REAPER user. Ready to rock! :)

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-06 14:59:48

ty got a pro mic comng n a fewdays

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-07 05:35:51

Here's my demo reel, am I doing this right, or were you looking for specific voices based off of the characters you have written? Let me know, and I can try to come up with something more targeted toward the characters you guys have in mind.
Awesome project, hope it takes of for you guys!

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-07 17:41:49

At 2/7/18 05:35 AM, SonicWombat wrote: Here's my demo reel, am I doing this right, or were you looking for specific voices based off of the characters you have written? Let me know, and I can try to come up with something more targeted toward the characters you guys have in mind.
Awesome project, hope it takes of for you guys!

Yes, demo reel for now, and we'll contact you personally recording for targeted characters if needed. Thank you!

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-12 20:50:10

gota new mic if that helps MetalRenard

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-12 20:51:53

ill post a new demo tomoorow on my new mic

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-13 05:20:00

At 2/13/18 04:44 AM, RealFaction wrote:
I need to make a new demo reel this week anyway, but would it also be okay if I posted a clip of my ideas to audition? Thanks!

Sure! Would love to hear your work!
Thanks for the interest!

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-14 20:39:07

Oh, I am ON this!

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-15 09:05:25

At 2/14/18 08:39 PM, Midgettoe wrote: Oh, I am ON this!

Alright! Hit me up!

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-19 10:00:25

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-02-21 06:11:09 (edited 2018-02-21 06:12:14)

-- UPDATE : Pico has been cast! --

REMAINING ROLES

[MAJOR]
Dreamcrusher
Darnell
A-Bot
ArchetypeZ8
The CorpoCat

[MINOR]
Alphonse Schwanzelecker (Support character. Sounds exactly like Arnold Schwarzenegger)

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-03-01 03:53:51 (edited 2018-03-01 03:55:49)

We're still open everybody! Major characters are still waiting for you!

REMAINING ROLES (M : Male, F : Female)
[MAJOR]
Dreamcrusher(M)
Darnell(M)
A-Bot(M)
ArchetypeZ8(F)
The CorpoCat(M)
[MINOR]

IMPORTANT UPDATE - The audio drama will be split to 4 parts, with three Acts. The script for Episode 1 is now done! Here's the script to the seventh draft : https://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/3713c8903c5cbc095b2fa281221d97a6

~ Jessie

BBS Signature

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-03-12 19:42:39

Here
That is for Buttkisser (1 or 2). I may try to do an actual Demo Reel soon but I have no time atm.

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-03-14 03:06:35

I am super interested in this. I don't mind auditioning for a major or minor character, I just want to contribute. here is my demo here

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-03-27 15:31:24 (edited 2018-03-27 15:34:40)

Hello there! I'm out of town and responding on my phone, but I'll do my best to provide you with some examples! I'll be back Apr 1st.

Example of some Character Voices (all voices are me): this recording is much more recent and a better example of recording quality.
https://youtu.be/Ork8n5cprwg

A more mature role as a therapist:
https://youtu.be/cPQmEdocPag

Response to NGAP15 : Voice Actors 2018-03-28 16:25:10

Hi gang,

I'd love to help out. My only caveat is that I can't take on a massive amount of stuff, maybe a secondary or side character.

I don't have a demoreel, but you can hear some voices I've done in Gundarr. I did Gundarr, Greggers, Cupcake Fury & a bunch more.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gundarr

Thanks!