00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HAST3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Chat's gone. General's next.

2,626 Views | 49 Replies

Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 12:56:28

Make your time. This place will be gone soon. Too much of a headache and not enough supporters.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 13:02:27

You know this would mean I'd have to do something drastic if General went.
Maybe graffiti some billboards or break into someone's house and rearrange some stuff.
I don't know why I haven't started loitering after chat got disabled.

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 13:29:07

The people of early 2001 know what that's like...

But that was before my time.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 18:28:51

At 12/8/17 12:57 PM, Sekhem wrote: i hope i'm the cause of it, if so

i've already been behind the removal of two ng features

i'm racking em up

Oh, you will be.

I have no doubt all of this is your fault.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 18:46:21

You blocked me there and most of its regulars were boring, so I can't say I care much.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 21:07:40

At 12/8/17 08:28 PM, Nova wrote: Chat's back for supporters i think guys.

Yep yep! Yaaaaay!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-08 22:32:53

At 12/8/17 09:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Yep yep! Yaaaaay!

So, does that essentially render this whole thread pointless now?

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 10:07:50

At 12/8/17 10:32 PM, Timsplosion wrote:
At 12/8/17 09:07 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:
Yep yep! Yaaaaay!
So, does that essentially render this whole thread pointless now?

Nope, I'm salty it's only for supporters

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 10:44:38

I'm salty about this as well. It appears that the only people that were already supporters on the chat will remain. Completely limiting new potential. Also limiting ad revenue for people that submit to the site. Many people come here and start to like the community. That's why they stay. I know some people have animosity towards the chat because their pessimistic views, and/or harassment of other users make them intolerable. It doesn't make the chat a "circlejerk".

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 14:28:33

Ah drat, not sure I really like this cool new future where it seems you've gotta pay to do anything, but websites are expensive and so on. Looks like I'm not gonna be stopping by chat anytime soon, one of my favorite things about here.

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 14:36:30

The end is nigh.

Tick Tock

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 15:15:55

I sure hope not. I've only found this forum this year and it's such an ideal place as far as forums go

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 15:41:38

At 12/8/17 06:46 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote: You blocked me there and most of its regulars were boring, so I can't say I care much.

Nope I never blocked anyone but dre and chatbot. If I blocked you I would have missed out on some great gems like this https://i.imgur.com/8Lb9WgM.png

Also lmao @ chat being supporter only. That's great man.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 15:45:58

Hmmmmmmm

Sig by @Brokendeck

BBS Signature

At 12/9/17 03:41 PM, Shikamarana wrote: Nope I never blocked anyone but dre and chatbot. If I blocked you I would have missed out on some great gems like this https://i.imgur.com/8Lb9WgM.png

Dude, you call that a gem as though I should be embarrassed about what I said then? I simply stated a true fact about my appearance being far better than LSD's and I believe I should double down on it right now considering that she is ugly as fuck.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 21:02:56

At 12/9/17 07:25 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 12/9/17 03:41 PM, Shikamarana wrote: Nope I never blocked anyone but dre and chatbot. If I blocked you I would have missed out on some great gems like this https://i.imgur.com/8Lb9WgM.png

Dude, you call that a gem as though I should be embarrassed about what I said then? I simply stated a true fact about my appearance being far better than LSD's and I believe I should double down on it right now considering that she is ugly as fuck.

I don’t think you should be embarrassed. I don’t mean anything bad about this. I didn’t block you. I don’t dislike you. You say funny things. I like this. I’m praising you.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 22:47:01

In other news, I had a great bowel movement. I feel a lot better.

NG Review Moderator // Pm me for Review Abuse

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-09 23:38:20

I don't understand why chat is soooooo much importent! I don't even notice it exist only now, beside they do have a point about non-supporters spam because they DO NOT SUPPORT newgrounds they are JUST A BUNCH OF TROLLS who LOVE SPAMING ;)

so if you want it that bad just pay them and stop complaining about things you cannot change and come on you are overexaggerating general is a general place for the general audience.

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-10 08:58:00

At 12/9/17 02:35 PM, Zymbot wrote: Fulp be like.

Chat being supporter only has nothing to do with money and everything to do with chat being a pain in the ass.

Now, when someone gets banned, they can't just make an alt and come back to escalate shit. When someone gets blocked by another user, they can't just make an alt to evade the block and escalate shit. Well technically they CAN but they'll have to pay $3 each time and it's harder to hide your identity when you're making a financial transaction.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-10 10:12:13

At 12/10/17 08:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Chat being supporter only has nothing to do with money and everything to do with chat being a pain in the ass.

Thanks, good to know

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-10 11:18:04

At 12/10/17 08:58 AM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/9/17 02:35 PM, Zymbot wrote: Fulp be like.

Now, when someone gets banned, they can't just make an alt and come back to escalate shit. When someone gets blocked by another user, they can't just make an alt to evade the block and escalate shit.

That reminds me a lot of Steam's "buy shit from us to unlock your account" fee. However, this doesn't sit well with me even if it is the actual reason - does this mean that people who were once supporters, but no longer are, cannot access chat - if I become a supporter and it expires, do I lose access to chat? Or is it a one time only thing, where if I am a supporter for at least one month then I've "unlocked" chat permanently?

The second seems more reasonable.

and btw tom are u accepting bitcoin

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-10 13:08:55

At 12/10/17 11:18 AM, Gimmick wrote: That reminds me a lot of Steam's "buy shit from us to unlock your account" fee. However, this doesn't sit well with me even if it is the actual reason - does this mean that people who were once supporters, but no longer are, cannot access chat - if I become a supporter and it expires, do I lose access to chat? Or is it a one time only thing, where if I am a supporter for at least one month then I've "unlocked" chat permanently?

I'd be fine with former supporters having access to chat so I'm bringing that up now.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-10 13:13:38

At 12/10/17 11:18 AM, Gimmick wrote:
and btw tom are u accepting bitcoin

Also I'd love to have been accepting bitcoin for the past five years. If we had more developers working on shit that would have been part of the store all along and we would have made a fortune now.

Although this past week Steam ended support for bitcoin, due to transaction fees and fluctuations... Kinda interesting.

On a personal note I invested $350 in bitcoin earlier this year and it is currently worth $1,243.43... Was even higher earlier this week... I'm planning to hold it long term just in case the dollar completely crashes some day.

Uncomfortable about this, though:
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/bitcoins-insane-energy-consumption-explained/

I also invested $250 in Etherium at the same time, which I think has more potential to be useful vs bitcoin. That is currently worth $386.83 which isn't too shabby. It could all be worth $0 at any moment, who knows.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 01:51:33

At 12/10/17 01:13 PM, TomFulp wrote: Although this past week Steam ended support for bitcoin, due to transaction fees and fluctuations... Kinda interesting.

Yeah, I was thinking of using my Bitcoin to make a digital purchase but it seems the transaction fees were, what, $20? That's way more than I have. Some people are speculating that the rising transaction costs may lead to a crash.

On a personal note I invested $350 in bitcoin earlier this year and it is currently worth $1,243.43... Was even higher earlier this week... I'm planning to hold it long term just in case the dollar completely crashes some day.

I foresee a crash sometime around mid-january. Maybe not a "crash", but it may most likely dip, given that the same thing happened in 2015, 2016 (afaik) and 2011. Might be worth buying more then if that's the case.

Uncomfortable about this, though:
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/bitcoins-insane-energy-consumption-explained/

Not unexpected, mining uses a lot of power. The power consumption may hopefully decrease with ASICs being used instead of older GPUs.

I also invested $250 in Etherium at the same time, which I think has more potential to be useful vs bitcoin. That is currently worth $386.83 which isn't too shabby. It could all be worth $0 at any moment, who knows.

True, the cryptocurrency markets are very unstable these days. Any and all of them could fail, or they could go big. I'm told that if you invest a small amount in all of them (and there are a lot) then almost all will fail, but you'd get the occasional bitcoin v2 or so popping up in the future. That sounds like a scam to me, but hey if you've got the inclination to then it's worth a shot.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 03:50:04

I call it pure racism

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 05:51:57

At 12/14/17 01:51 AM, Gimmick wrote: True, the cryptocurrency markets are very unstable these days. Any and all of them could fail, or they could go big. I'm told that if you invest a small amount in all of them (and there are a lot) then almost all will fail, but you'd get the occasional bitcoin v2 or so popping up in the future. That sounds like a scam to me, but hey if you've got the inclination to then it's worth a shot.

I had considered putting a little bit into LIghtcoin when it was in the $60 range... Was having some regrets when it shot to over $300 this week. Sounds like some of the tech behind Lightcoin is coming to Bitcoin though and the rise was a combination of the LC founder doing a lot of press this week plus being the third and cheapest offering on Coinbase, which has been getting a lot of new people flooding in.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 09:28:13

At 12/14/17 05:51 AM, TomFulp wrote: I had considered putting a little bit into LIghtcoin when it was in the $60 range... Was having some regrets when it shot to over $300 this week. Sounds like some of the tech behind Lightcoin is coming to Bitcoin though and the rise was a combination of the LC founder doing a lot of press this week plus being the third and cheapest offering on Coinbase, which has been getting a lot of new people flooding in.

It'll probably shoot up higher in the far future. People are saying that the increase in LTC was because of the Bitcoin Futures deal; now we may be seeing more volatility with both coins.

I've also heard that IOTA has potential, but the more I read into it, the more I'm wary of it (for example, recently a security flaw was discovered and it was brushed to the side; amongst other issues). However, if those are dealt with, it'd be a good coin to invest in.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 10:34:53

Pay to troll or pay to stay?
Jesus fuck this place got grimy.

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 10:39:27

At 12/14/17 10:34 AM, MuramasasEdge wrote: Pay to troll or pay to stay?
Jesus fuck this place got grimy.

Something Awful's longevity is based around it's "pay to stay" policies. Seems legit.

he says before checking to see if Something Awful's still up.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to Chat's gone. General's next. 2017-12-14 14:12:03

Well shit, and here I was thinking about making a comeback. I guess there's always the birdshit messaging app.

Bringing back old shit.

BBS Signature