00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

7s3s just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC

397 Views | 8 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-23 14:02:01

Hi there,
I am a new dev here. I am wondering about how do I generate traffic to my game?

Thanks!

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-23 14:44:49

Hi, when you submit your game to the portal it will automatically get added to the "under submission" category where the users of newgrounds will decide if it's worthy enough to pass judgement. This will provide your initial boost of traffic. Other than creating a game that will be popular enough to be featured on the front page, there are a couple of things you can think about doing to increase traffic to your game.

Try adding a score board, medals, or shareable content. Here is some information on these things. Users are always competing for medals and this will make sure you always have a flow of traffic, even if it isn't always as quick as you'd like.

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-api

You can also ask for reviews from the Review Request Club for a little bit more exposure.

Lastly, PM me and I'll always check it out and leave it a review. :)

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-23 16:58:30

At 10/23/17 02:44 PM, Fro wrote: Hi, when you submit your game to the portal it will automatically get added to the "under submission" category where

Ok great!
Thanks!

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-26 12:08:50

At 10/23/17 02:44 PM, Fro wrote: Hi, when you submit your game to the portal it will automatically get added to the "under submission" category where the users of newgrounds will decide if it's worthy enough to pass judgement. This will provide your initial boost of traffic. Other than creating a game that will be popular enough to be featured on the front page, there are a couple of things you can think about doing to increase traffic to your game.

Try adding a score board, medals, or shareable content. Here is some information on these things. Users are always competing for medals and this will make sure you always have a flow of traffic, even if it isn't always as quick as you'd like.

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-api

You can also ask for reviews from the Review Request Club for a little bit more exposure.

Great, thanks!
A friend told me one other way to get noticed is to contribute to the site?

But also, I can update the game, I submit with various items as you mentioned? Or do I need to prep with all contents on first submission. Lastly, are the achievements, etc you mentioned, in game? I am trying to figure out how that works. In essence I can create achievements in Game Centre for iOS, but they would not translate to this portal file.

Any idea?

THANKS!

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-26 15:35:43

toss the link in here, fam I'll give it a click

BBS Signature

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-26 17:25:46 (edited 2017-10-26 17:28:23)

Once every 2 weeks, you can put a newspost up on the front page. Can always pop in a screenshot and blurb about your work, and ask people to check it.

Other than that, you should automatically get at least 200 views in UJ, and you can also post in the review request club, as mentioned earlier in thread.

Note, you'll be better off posting the full product here. People may not notice updates once you're through judgment unless you're doing really well and getting repeat traffic. Even then, people will have to clear their caches, pretty sure, to see the changes.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-27 05:53:43

At 10/26/17 05:25 PM, ADR3-N wrote: Once every 2 weeks, you can put a newspost up on the front page.

I'm pretty sure he can't, he'd need to have his stuff up on the site beforehand. Or at least I know I can't, and he has as many submissions as me (0).

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-10-27 18:00:49

At 10/27/17 05:53 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: I'm pretty sure he can't, he'd need to have his stuff up on the site beforehand. Or at least I know I can't, and he has as many submissions as me (0).

So, post your stuff, make a FP post, and link it. ;)

Alternatively, you can just edit a post, but that's lame.

Your source for monthly music producer freebies here // Take My Cymbals // ALL my big sample projects, FREE

I do professional audio critique & commissions. Catch me on YT and X! If you got music, I'll playlist you!

BBS Signature

Response to HOW TO: GENERATE TRAFFIC 2017-11-01 14:02:18

At 10/27/17 06:00 PM, ADR3-N wrote:
At 10/27/17 05:53 AM, DamnedByFate wrote: I'm pretty sure he can't, he'd need to have his stuff up on the site beforehand. Or at least I know I can't, and he has as many submissions as me (0).
So, post your stuff, make a FP post, and link it. ;)

Alternatively, you can just edit a post, but that's lame.

Thanks so, its pretty much make sure I am active on the board, adding content etc?