00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Chan99 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread

2,055 Views | 13 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2015-12-08 18:29:04

SUPER GATES TO 1F1N1TY OFFICIAL THREAD

Hi, guys! This is a thread that I've had my eye on for a while now. I've been waiting for myself to create enough content to start this thread up, and I think now's the time.

So what is this about, you ask? Well, this is the official thread for my series of tracks I'm titling "Super Gates to 1f1n1ty". It's a collection of remixes of songs from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, specifically that of Gates to Infinity and Super Mystery Dungeon. By the way, those games are really awesome. You should check them out!

The goal of this project is to inspire admiration for the soundtracks of PMDGTI and PSMD, and then ultimately the games themselves. So I hope you enjoy!

At the moment, I have 3 remixes from Gates and 1 from Super, along with 1 preview. Here they are, ordered by creation date:

I will continue to upload more remixes as I make them. Let me know what you think, not just about my remixes, but about the PMD games in general. Feedback is one of the things that keeps me going. Thanks! :D

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

A vibraphone duet cover of "Symphathy and Sincerity" from Gates to Infinity. That makes 4 from Gates and 1 from Super:

I'll continue posting more when I make more. It shouldn't be too often, so don't worry about this thread getting bumped every week or something.

hey man, you uh you got something on your face right there, lemme just... ok, there we go, MUCH better, you are looking GOOD AS NEW

A preview of Within the Sadness from Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Hope to extend it, because I really like what I have so far.

Tallys: 4 Gates, 2 Super

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2016-02-13 12:19:42

Within the Sadness is complete! Here's the finished product:

The tallies are still 4 Gates and 2 Super, though. :)

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2016-03-24 08:28:19

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2016-06-01 08:05:13

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2016-07-09 15:52:38

Brand new Dark Matter remix, this time a collaboration with my good friend LOrbSheddy! This piece amalgamates a number of themes from PSMD, and there's even a bit of Gates hiding in the shadows.

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2016-07-17 22:24:32

An experimental remix of Voice In the Dreams from Gates which may or may not hurt your ears at NG's volume

Totals: 7 from Gates, 3 (or 5) from Super

With Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon's 1st anniversary comes a new remix!

...Don't ask me why the picture for a forest song is the sky.

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2016-12-04 16:57:01

An oc-converted Gates to Infinity remix made for the Pokemon Holiday Megamix!

Check my page on soundcloud if you want to hear the scrapped original!

An episodic experimental remix of Calm Craggy Area:

There was a lot of inspiration behind this one ;)

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2018-05-21 18:43:58

It's been over a year, but I haven't given up on this :)

Over the Mountains, Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon.

1f1n1ty remix

EDIT: nvm i just realized it was a remix portfolio

so... uhh what kind of games are these "mystery dungeon" games?

if you want some bass of mine click here https://testuser472.newgrounds.com/audio

BBS Signature

Response to Super Gates to 1f1n1ty Thread 2018-05-22 08:21:20

At 5/21/18 11:08 PM, TestUser472 wrote: so... uhh what kind of games are these "mystery dungeon" games?

"Mystery dungeon", as a general category, refers to a group of games with a rogue-like RPG gameplay style where, on each floor in a dungeon, you move around a maze-like, randomly generated, grid-based map in order to find the stairs to the next floor, while defeating any enemies you may encounter in turn-based combat on said grid.

More specifically, most people think of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon when they hear the words "mystery dungeon" (there are other MD titles outside of Pokemon, but they're way less popular). The games in the PMD series are set in a world inhabited exclusively by Pokemon, and they, unlike the other MD titles, feature elaborate stories filled with emotion.

This particular portfolio includes songs from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Both games were released on the 3DS.