Are you planning to use this song for something? Please read this FAQ.
1f1n1ty + LOrbSheddy - Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon - Dark Matter Suite (Remix)
Hi, guys! I recently got the chance to collaborate with the awesome guy that is LOrbSheddy! He wanted to do a Dark Matter remix, so I cooperated and we made this. Hope you enjoy, and be sure to check out LOrbSheddy's channel!
Style: Light ambient - DnB - Dark ambient - Melodic house - Eguitars - Piano solo
- The beginning of the piece was the first thing that was made. I sent LOrb this beginning idea with the triplet arp and the DM 1 melody, and he designed the gross beat glitch thing afterward. The section was supposed to symbolize the first encounter with DM, before the battle begins.
- The big, bad sound effect at 0:47 is the sound effect from the game where Dark Matter cries. Get ready, it's coming!
- The riff in the DnB drop is the theme from "A Warning to All Pokemon", so being a warning, we used a tornado siren sound to really sell the alarm. The fight with Dark Matter gets under way!
- At 1:53, I got a bit inspired by songs like "Night of Nights" and made a crash build.
- In the breakdown, I pulled out full experimental mode. This was the most sfx heavy part of the piece, and every sound effect heard in those 8 measures are different. It represents the rebirth of Dark Matter and the near complete loss of hope.
- The drums at 2:23 were made by taking a crazy 140 BPM drum loop and chopping it up in Slicex. The result sounded really nice and dark, especially with the F#aug chord behind it!
- Ending the section at 2:40 is a sound created by chopping up Dark Matter's own voice sound effect in the game!
- This first piano section was one of the last things made in the song, so I had to figure out how to write something that would loop an extremely dark drum break to a more upbeat melodic drop. And I did that with some firey ambience and a nice distant chime.
- BASS! CRASH! BAM-BAAAAAAAAAM!!
- The melodic drop at 3:25 was the first part LOrb wrote. To be honest, LOrb wrote most of the piece - my additions were mostly adding some riffs, references, and darkness. For example, I added all the SFX breaks in this drop. This part represents the second battle, with the Tree of Life revived!
- The transitional section at 4:06 reuses the synth from the dark breakdown extremely nicely. I love how this part turned out!
- The drop at 4:22 is where LOrb first decided to add electric guitars to the piece. He first wrote this section and then went back and added the power to the DM 1 DnB part afterward.
- The drums in the final bridge at 5:14 were made by chopping up a drum loop and putting it in Slicex. This one was a bit more creative, though, as the riff itself I wrote.
- The piano thing at the end was written by me and jazzed up by LOrb. He did a good job!