00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

froggartfrog just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Last Follow Friday Before Christmas

13,611 Views | 29 Replies
Respond to this Topic

I've been crunching on a game with JohnnyUtah but meanwhile tons of amazing people have been posting stuff on NG so another Follow Friday is in order!

To follow someone, click the pink heart in the top right of their user page. You can click their names here in this post to check out their pages.

Movies

Go watch Breadheads and then follow codywalzel if you like it, so he knows you like it and will be watching for more!

SafePlagiarism made an emotional piece about a tree and stuff. He also announced that he might not bother with YouTube anymore, so having followers on NG is gonna be that much more important!

DaveBruno, winner of TOFA 2011 (before Adam, the organizer, changed the name to NATA), has introduced a new series! Go show your support and follow him for future episodes!

AliensOnToast is also launching a series! It's hard to break through with an original series so every follower counts.

Professor Soap published Far Away and Spacetime Fabric Softener this week. Both are really pretty and he makes all the music too!

threebrain is a total OG and he is back with a Christmas Countdown! Follow him if you don't want to miss any!

MightyManfish shared his sophomore animation project, Exterminated. I'm sure some followers would encourage him to keep sharing his school projects!

Spenturion has a webcomic called Dungeon Crawlers and he made a movie based on it. Show him a warm NG welcome!

MortalPoet won Animation Showcase 3 on Draw With Jazza!

Games

Man I don't even know where to start with games. Ludum Dare 28 was last weekend so we had an influx of cool, small games this week. Game jams are a great opportunity to experiment, share and sometimes just get yourself out of a game dev rut.

I'll first make note of patrickgh3 because Spirit Cave is an interesting game that wasn't getting a lot of response on the front page, although the reviewers like it. Probably another case of the thumbnail not catching eyeballs as well as others on the page.

Aaants also has an entry that people are enjoying but wasn't getting a lot of front page response. Doesn't anyone want to play as a red box?

We also saw our first submission from pLaw, a Unity game no less! I'm his only NG fan right now, anyone care to join me?

AlanZucconi has the highest scoring Ludum Dare entry on NG so far, with 0rbitalis.

AdventureIslands was featured in another Follow Friday last month, but he's earned a second shout:

I'm assuming I've plugged Zanzlanz before too, but just in case:

kor415 made front page with "Captain Robert in Ludum Dare 27, and he's back again with Place! Want to eat worms and chirp? This is your game!

I'm out of time to keep listing stuff right now but hopefully you have time to check out some of what is here and follow your favorite artists and developers!

Ok need one more? Why not check out all the comics by ChazDude? He posts them on his blog, but if you follow him that will show up in your expanded feed.

I expect to post before Christmas but just in case, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 15:15:45

ChazDude does excellent works!

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 15:23:51

Holy shit! thanks Tom!

Cartoonist lad, occasional BBS poster and all-round human hailing from the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

NOTICE: Anyone caught posting A.I. 'art' on Newgrounds.com will have their balls ripped off and flushed down the toilet.

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 15:29:31

At 12/20/13 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: SafePlagiarism made an emotional piece about a tree and stuff. He also announced that he might not bother with YouTube anymore, so having followers on NG is gonna be that much more important!

Way to go! Such honorable initiative must be rewarded with eternal subscription! :D

Just noticed btw that you can no longer un-favorite/follow a user/submission by toggling that hearty icon, you are instead redirected to your 'favorites' pages which for my part contains hundreds of entries and takes much longer to load, there with the task to again find said user/submission. Why this change? At least I don't think this was how it worked before? :/

I expect to post before Christmas but just in case, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas!!!

At 12/20/13 03:15 PM, sanford1002 wrote: ChazDude does excellent works!

Agreed, been following those for a while. Great to see him mentioned!

The latest: Hexa #97 (May)

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 15:32:46

Aw, thanks so much Tom! I didn't know you put my name in there before!

Orbitalis and Shine are beautiful games! And I just had to become a fan of pLaw for GRAIL being such an awesome LD entry. Whoo!

Hi, you! You're awesome, probably! <3 Have a great day!

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 16:29:55

Yeah, there was a lot of cool stuff this month too. AdventureIslands dude rocks it!

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 17:13:37

At 12/20/13 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been crunching on a game with JohnnyUtah but meanwhile tons of amazing people have been posting stuff on NG so another Follow Friday is in order!

Sounds like fun.

SafePlagiarism made an emotional piece about a tree and stuff. He also announced that he might not bother with YouTube anymore, so having followers on NG is gonna be that much more important!

Huh. I could have sworn I was already following him.....whatever. I'm following him now.

Professor Soap published Far Away and Spacetime Fabric Softener this week. Both are really pretty and he makes all the music too!

I loved those! They were even some of the first submissions I can honestly remember giving a 5 to for the longest time.

Merry (early) Christmas.
And Happy Saturnalia.

Formally known as Viper50

When you get into one of these groups theres only a couple of ways you can get out. One is death. The other is mental institution.

Last.fm Youtube

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 17:26:28

Shoutout to Mortalpoet. Congrats man!

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 17:59:56

Whoa thanks for the shoutout, Tom!

I think ProfessorSoap has to be one of my favorite new artists here since Blown Minded came out back in August. It's also always great to see short films that do well in the festival circuit, like Breadheads, make their way to Newgrounds.

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 18:12:39

@codywalzel one of the best toons I have ever seen my man, I can't wait to see more!
@TomFulp Man, I can't wait to see what you and Jeff have done so far... rich blog? :P

"A reward is it's own reward." - Killgar

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 21:50:01

It has to be Pico 2

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-20 23:21:42

Hey what would happen if 2014?

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-21 07:23:24

Do more music!

*Unts unts unts unts*

Gawd dammit sheesh

Pirates WILL rule one day...

HIT ME UP BITCHES. Piratecrab's Soundcloud| Piratecrab's Youtube

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-21 07:51:32

man everyone knows how to make a good animation

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-21 09:37:55

My choice for best game that came out the most recently is this. Seriously, I couldn't get enough of it.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-21 10:51:19

At 12/20/13 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: SafePlagiarism made an emotional piece about a tree and stuff. He also announced that he might not bother with YouTube anymore, so having followers on NG is gonna be that much more important!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/630045

I gragree with this

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-21 13:18:26

Thats the best audio ever. lol

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-21 21:45:18

At 12/20/13 03:05 PM, TomFulp wrote: I've been crunching on a game with JohnnyUtah

Awesome. would buy it just for Jeff's's artwork. any dev pics or info page?

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-22 09:50:12

Apart from being my favorite most recent flash, I think this may in fact be the longest flash that is used on the new mp4 format. Congrats to you, MacaroniPenguin!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-22 14:55:28

Hey, it's Christmas ? Why did no one tell me about it ?

Shine is an awesome game, AdventureIslands is a great guy !
I ragequitted Grail after 2 minutes...

I'm surprised you haven't mentioned "Boss 101" ? I WAS A FOOL TO TRUST YOU, TOM ! (just kiddin i love u bro)

I AM FRENCH. AND IN FRANCE, NOT EVERY PEOPLE SPEAKS ENGLISH AS WELL AS YOU. SO CALM DOWN YOU ENGLISH-SPEAKERS PEOPLE.

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 02:59:00

At 12/21/13 07:23 AM, PirateCrab wrote: Do more music!

*Unts unts unts unts*

IRK? We got 4 categories of stuff, best to hit each one at least once. Ah well, it's a new tradition.

At 12/20/13 05:16 PM, mandog wrote: Still no Christmas theme?

It's creepy the seasonal ions haven't popped up yet. That's atypical :|

Vault 101 I have many old and deleted Flash submissions, PM me the filename, maybe I got it.

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 03:20:55

For Christmas i wish that the old main page song would play again for that one day

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 10:42:09

At 12/22/13 02:55 PM, Doncom wrote: I'm surprised you haven't mentioned "Boss 101" ? I WAS A FOOL TO TRUST YOU, TOM ! (just kiddin i love u bro)

Actually very good point, I definitely gotta plug DarqTimmy in the next one! I just started following him, too.

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 10:48:31

do you think you could give Supporters the option to turn Ads ON and OFF so we could further support the site?

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 13:33:30

NEW PRESENT

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 13:35:20

At 12/23/13 10:48 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: do you think you could give Supporters the option to turn Ads ON and OFF so we could further support the site?

It's been low priority compared to other features, but keeping it in mind!

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 15:34:17

At 12/23/13 01:35 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 12/23/13 10:48 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: do you think you could give Supporters the option to turn Ads ON and OFF so we could further support the site?
It's been low priority compared to other features, but keeping it in mind!

Yeah I used to log out when I wanted to "turn ads on" but since I have to log in to vote, this has gotten a bit tedious.

Also shameless plug is shameless:

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-23 16:28:56

At 12/20/13 03:23 PM, ChazDude wrote: Holy shit! thanks Tom!

Thanks indeed i'll check some more out when i have the tine

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2013-12-24 08:19:31

At 12/23/13 02:59 AM, VicariousE wrote:
At 12/21/13 07:23 AM, PirateCrab wrote: Do more music!

*Unts unts unts unts*
IRK? We got 4 categories of stuff, best to hit each one at least once. Ah well, it's a new tradition.
At 12/20/13 05:16 PM, mandog wrote: Still no Christmas theme?
It's creepy the seasonal ions haven't popped up yet. That's atypical :|

Response to Last Follow Friday Before Christmas 2014-01-04 09:46:52

At 12/23/13 03:20 AM, this310 wrote: For Christmas i wish that the old main page song would play again for that one day

That would probably work better as an April Fool's Day prank. Of course, the second Martin Taunts was made around Christmas time.