00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Black teen shot for asking for help

6,508 Views | 118 Replies

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 17:34:46

It just irks me that they hop on the fact that the person was black right away, and the article and everything is ultimately just bitching about people's actions toward black folk.
But, who is to say that it had ANYTHING to do with her colour of skin? It's stupid that they have to be pointed out in the article's title alone that they're black. They couldn't just say that a teen was shot? BLACK teen though is just more necessary for some reason?

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 17:36:39

At 11/7/13 05:56 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: as much as i love america

WOAH! Going against the majority!

I got Tom to make a sig, bow down to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 19:04:05

At 11/8/13 05:31 AM, thatkidkenji wrote: There are plenty of small business owners who hire their own ethnicity to work in their stores not because they think their kind is better but because they are simply more loyal to their people and culture. Racism is more complex than mere emotion.

Son, you're the one who said you can be both racist and for race equality. You're the one who needs to explain your mind, not me.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 19:27:07

whats wrong with a dead nigere

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 20:30:57

At 11/11/13 05:34 PM, Luke wrote: They couldn't just say that a teen was shot? BLACK teen though is just more necessary for some reason?

Her ethnicity must be mentioned because the socio-political treatment of an individual is partially shaped by that individual's race. If we ever live in a post-racial society, then articles like this will be more inclined to "just say that a teen was shot."

A textcee without boundaries.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 20:49:52

At 11/7/13 06:41 PM, Painbringer wrote: You can't shoot someone in the back of the head in self defense.

Not unless you know they're coming back for you/your children/your chicken.

They know where you sleep, Painbringer.

Or... they're black...? No, not that.

NGMartial Arts Club Are you Man...

MUSIC | or a little, dying cosmic whore...

Speak with your actions, come from your core.

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 22:51:33

At 11/8/13 09:48 AM, Elitistinen wrote:
Nah, here's the truth, my roommate is an Ethiopian-Finn and I have a Japanese-Finn neighbor. Finland is one of the least racist places on the earth. Every year we have over thousands of foreigners immigrate to here. Comparing to our population, the ratio of immigrant is pretty big.

And yet, we're racist.

This is an idiotic argument, man and I mean that besides the stupid ass remarks that prompted it. If immigrants being in a country had anything to do with how 'unracist' a country is on the whole, then the US would be walking on damn roses, buddy.

Was Germany made into a racial equality utopia because of all the Kurdish and Turkish immigrant workers? Hellll no.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-11 23:19:40

This is an absolute tragedy, but I'd feel safe assuming there's more to the story we're not hearing.

That being said, no one deserves to be killed in cold blood.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-12 15:10:33

At 11/12/13 12:17 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
Are you generalizing? Words like this just came out of your mouth? Just because of a few persons being racist, the whole country is also absolutely racist, according to your fucked up logic?

Your reply makes absolutely no sense in context, so I'll just assume you need to brush up on your English.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-12 19:50:37

At 11/12/13 03:36 PM, Elitistinen wrote:
At 11/12/13 03:10 PM, Rahmemhotep wrote: Your reply makes absolutely no sense in context, so I'll just assume you need to brush up on your English.
Right, calling out people's grammar during a debate make you smarter?

... This furthers my point. Dude, no offense, but if you can't read English well enough to debate, don't do it.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-12 22:31:45

Sad story

if it is a gigantic horrible typo mah bad

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-13 08:44:32

At 11/7/13 05:56 PM, supergandhi64 wrote: f*cked up . . . as much as i love america

Don't.
As for the story, it's pretty fucked up.
NYPD gon' have to choke a bitch.

*sigh*

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-13 08:49:36

I know a great funeral curator that they could use for her

Dr. Spedmund McMallet

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-13 21:13:36

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/11/13/criminalizing_black_corpses_no_charges_filed

That's how much America hates black people. This dude isn't even in fucking custody. Even if it is "self-defense" you are to be put into custody until a fucking bail bond is reached. Had she been white? He'd be arrested, regardless of his skin color. Fuck this country.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-13 21:18:34

At 11/11/13 04:51 PM, Lemonardo wrote: What was the race of the killer?

Why is her being black important?

Cuz white devil.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 19:21:10

At 11/13/13 09:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Cuz white devil.

You aren't hiding behind that strawman.
There isn't a strawman powerful enough to dilute the argument against white America's hatred of black people.
She is being held on trial for her own murder. I'd like to see you put as much effort to rationalizing that as you do pretending stories like this aren't racially coded.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 19:33:48

That's just saddening.

My soundtracks, your imagination

SETTLE IT! IN SMASH!

My Youtube channel

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:03:48

At 11/14/13 07:21 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: white America's hatred of black people.

Woah, woah, you can't make such a generalisation like that. Not all whites hate blacks. Imagine if a white man judged you just because of the colour of your skin. How does that feel?

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:19:33

Equinsu ocha!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:35:44

At 11/13/13 09:18 PM, Sense-Offender wrote:

Cuz white devil.

Dat white devil yo

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:45:46

At 11/14/13 08:03 PM, Lemonardo wrote:
At 11/14/13 07:21 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: white America's hatred of black people.
Woah, woah, you can't make such a generalisation like that. Not all whites hate blacks. Imagine if a white man judged you just because of the colour of your skin. How does that feel?

"I think you're dangerous because you're black."
"You think that because white supremacy had to devalue black humanity in order to justify slavery."
"I think you're lazy because you're black."
"You think that because white supremacy had to devalue black intelligence in order to justify Jim Crow."

And so and so on forever and forever. Any negative critique of my skin color circles right back around to white patriarchy and white racism. Try that mental gymnastics shit on someone who isn't as informed as I am. And I don't have a legacy of a black people devaluing white people the way we have a legacy of whites doing that every race. Stop trying to equate racism against whites with racism perpetuated by whites. It is not the fucking same.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:47:35

At 11/14/13 08:19 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: Equinsu ocha!

All you're doing is proving that white people have to evade critique of their societies to stop themselves from addressing how it's affected people of color. At this point, you are a borderline white supremacist.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:52:21

At 11/14/13 08:47 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: All you're doing is proving that white people have to evade critique of their societies to stop themselves from addressing how it's affected people of color. At this point, you are a borderline white supremacist.

jesus christ, please leave.

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 20:54:50

At 11/14/13 08:52 PM, Natick wrote:
At 11/14/13 08:47 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: All you're doing is proving that white people have to evade critique of their societies to stop themselves from addressing how it's affected people of color. At this point, you are a borderline white supremacist.
jesus christ, please leave.

You better ignore me. "Jesus christ, please leave" is code for "your truths are making me uncomfortable, being white in a white country has never made me view myself and our culture objectively."
Fuck you and your sensitivities.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 21:01:39

At 11/14/13 08:45 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Stop trying to equate racism against whites with racism perpetuated by whites. It is not the fucking same.

Then there can be no such thing as equality, if racism from either side can not be in equal amounts.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 21:02:45

The fact that you are calling Sense-Offender a white supremacist is the proof that you are sinking down deeper and deeper into your own racial hate induced world. You hide yourself behind a pseudo-social criticism to spread your hate for whites all over this board. The truth is that you still have not explained why there is so much effort coming from white in our societies to promote racial equality and to work toward it. There always was people against racism in "white societies" and they are in part responsable for the huge improvement of the conditions of blacks and other ethnical minorities in occidental countries.

The simple fact that you can't even accept this fact makes you a buffoon. People in here will rather laugh about how much of a retard you are because there are no openings to discuss this with you.

You've called me a racist for trying to explain to you how whites aren't a fucking homogeneous group on which you can put the blame for everything. You are silencing dissent with accusations of racism and you haven't given any of us one inch of ground. We are all wroooooooong and racist for not agreeing with you. What do you fucking expect from this point on but mockery?

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 21:08:17

At 11/14/13 08:54 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: You better ignore me. "Jesus christ, please leave" is code for "your truths are making me uncomfortable, being white in a white country has never made me view myself and our culture objectively."

it's funny because this statement still wouldn't make sense if it already weren't for the facts that i'm only half-white (DOES THAT MEAN I ONLY HALF-CONTRIBUTE TO THE OPPRESION?! OH NO!!), that i've never felt an inkling of racial pride and find the whole concept completely meaningless and that i viewed the culture that i live in from an objective viewpoint a long time ago and agreed that racism was, is and always will be wrong.

Fuck you and your sensitivities.

then fuck off with this holier-than-thou-self-victimization-justice-warrior act. absolutely no one here seriously wants to hear any of this.

When ever you feel powerless, just remember this.

A single one of your pubes can shut down an entire restaurant. - Conal / MOTW: O Lucky Man!

BBS Signature

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 21:11:50

At 11/14/13 09:02 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
The fact that you are calling Sense-Offender a white supremacist is the proof that you are sinking down deeper and deeper into your own racial hate induced world. You hide yourself behind a pseudo-social criticism to spread your hate for whites all over this board.

Never said I hated white people. In public, unless they're literally standing next to a person of color friend/lover, I assume they are racist and conduct myself to make sure I don't send off any alarms because I am aware that they have the socio-political power to punish me for not making them feel comfortable in every possible setting. Critiquing white society is seen as hating white people because they have formed a narrative that their history is flawless and responsible for the construction of all greatness in the modern world. White individuals consistent inability to understand is proof in and of itself.

The truth is that you still have not explained why there is so much effort coming from white in our societies to promote racial equality and to work toward it.

The existence of these white people doesn't negate white privilege and white kyriarchy. I am not going to stop my criticisms because of the painfully fucking obvious idea that "not all white people" hate people of color. I am not going to reward white people - or anyone - cookies for being decent human beings.

You've called me a racist for trying to explain to you how whites aren't a fucking homogeneous group on which you can put the blame for everything. You are silencing dissent with accusations of racism and you haven't given any of us one inch of ground. We are all wroooooooong and racist for not agreeing with you. What do you fucking expect from this point on but mockery?

I don't know what you're talking about. I can positively say that I've never called any individual here an explicit racist. I have labeled some of your ideas racist because they were. I called one user a borderline white supremacist for mocking criticism of white oppression because that is a white supremacist sentiment. If someone denies white privilege and white kyriarchy they are either 1) Racist or 2) Extremely ignorant. There is no middle ground. Those two concepts exist. Deny them and you are wrong. I am sorry for being right.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 21:13:59

At 11/14/13 09:11 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: Never said I hated white people. In public, unless they're literally standing next to a person of color friend/lover, I assume they are racist and conduct myself to make sure I don't send off any alarms because I am aware that they have the socio-political power to punish me for not making them feel comfortable in every possible setting.

This is some of the most stupid shit I've ever read. And it's deeply racist, yes.

Response to Black teen shot for asking for help 2013-11-14 21:18:29

At 11/14/13 08:47 PM, thatkidkenji wrote: At this point, you are a borderline white supremacist.

lmao. You can't he for real.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature