00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 3 best games you've played

5,612 Views | 80 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 16:25:12

The Top 3 games I have played are not necessarily my top 3 favorite video games. The top 3 games that I have played though happen to be these.

1. Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen

I am usually turned off by strategy games due to the pacing that they have. Sure I guess for some it is nice to be controlling multiple different people at a time, equipping all of them, and then sending them to do battle with your commands, but that becomes a bore to me, especially since most of them tend to rely on chance. However I got this game for Christmas, played it and loved it. It has all of those things I mentioned above except for the chance aspect, because you have to manage different units who will attack differently depending on their placement in a unit. Plus battles are done like a typical RPG, but moves much quicker. That's what I like, the speed of the game and the enemies. If you're a fan of XCOM: Enemy Unknown then you might enjoy this.

2. Chrono Trigger

Hands down, the best turn-based JRPG of all time. Final Fantasy VII fans can go suck a fuck. The story, the characters, the graphics, the music, all of it is just wonderful. The gameplay is the shining jewel though. Combining attacks, getting tricky with the enemies, and moving as fast as you can to kill the enemy while keeping yourself healed. This game would force you to multitask and use time travel. Truly the best JRPG and one of the best video games of all time.

3. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Although my favorite Zelda game is The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I do have to say though that Majora's Mask is the superior game in terms of best. The use of masks, the people of Clock Town, and the areas of Termina. The story was so dark, but it wasn't really pushed on you. It had its funny moments and it has its sad moments as well. You have the gameplay from Ocarina of Time, but it felt fresh and it feels a bit smoother as well. Seeing as useless items now have more uses to you.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 18:03:30

1.soulcailber
2.skyrim
civilization

Top 3 best games you've played

epic face forgives you but i don't

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 19:14:51

1. Zelda And The Ocarina Of Time

2. Sonic The Hedgehog

3. One of them Final Fantasys

The greatest gamer in this generation, with the skills of art and writing.

" My soul is covered with the cold mind, under the warm souls around a life I conquer." -3DPitDudez

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 23:00:13

I've got a top 5 list... Eliminating two is going to be extremely hard.

Final Fantasy Tactics - First and foremost an amazing storyline and wonderful music, coupled with a revolutionary battle system for its time. Perhaps Tactics Ogre was the founding father of SRPGs, but FFT perfected it.

Cladun: This is an RPG - This game feels really natural. The controls flow really well and everything just works the way it should. A true arcade mode motivates players to continue grinding indefinitely, and custom sprites give you billions of ways to customize your character.

Vagrant Story - Graphics are somewhat dated but look really good for their time, plus the color scheme and overall style more than compensate. Deep and innovative battle system and again a very natural feeling action RPG. The storyline and music are also great, too bad the development team removed half of the fucking dialogue.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-03 23:03:49

In no order...I love them all too dearly...

Sly 2: Band of Thieves
GTA: San Andreas
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-04 04:45:53

1. Final Fantasy X (ps2)
2. The world ends with you (nds)
3. Tombi 2 (ps1)
first post ever... kinda nervous...

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-04 11:26:58

At 6/4/13 04:45 AM, Yomir wrote: 3. Tombi 2 (ps1)
first post ever... kinda nervous...

Tombi 2? Or did you mean Tomba 2 :P that was a great game!

And why nervous about posting? just share your thoughts, that's what forums are for.

Gamers Unite!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-04 11:29:05

At 6/4/13 03:17 AM, MrTheJazz wrote: I couldn't just pick three, so I didn't.

I know there are lots of great games, but please try to stay on topic and keep it simple with a top 3 :)

Gamers Unite!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-04 13:21:26

At 6/4/13 11:26 AM, ZeroWinger wrote: Tombi 2? Or did you mean Tomba 2 :P that was a great game!

Tomba 2? Never heard anything of that game. And yes, i meant tombi 2 like that other guy who picked the first tombi as fav.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-04 13:22:43

best strategy games
1- Empire Earth
2- Zeus master of Olympus (and all the games made alike)

best first person shooter
3- timesplitters

Its only rape if you say no.

Say no to rape.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 02:09:14

At 6/4/13 01:21 PM, Yomir wrote:
At 6/4/13 11:26 AM, ZeroWinger wrote: Tombi 2? Or did you mean Tomba 2 :P that was a great game!
Tomba 2? Never heard anything of that game. And yes, i meant tombi 2 like that other guy who picked the first tombi as fav.

Ore! Tomba (Me! Tomba) in Japan
Tomba! in North America
Tombi! in Europe

It is the same game.

<3

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 04:16:05

Final Fantasy 7

Indigo Prophecy

Kingdom Hearts 2

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 05:26:57

Dungeon Keeper 2 - One of the greatest strategy games ever created, and has yet to be surpassed in the world of dungeon management.

Chrono Trigger - The first time I actually felt a connection to the hero, and the first time I actually felt like I was part of the story.

Black and White - Ive never played a series such as this, one that truly makes you feel like a god, giving you actual power over the world and giving you a true choice between good and evil, allowing you to actually become the kind of god you would like to be rather than just metting the requirements for certain levels of good/evil.

Change is inevitable, all you can do is make sure it happens in your favor.

Cheap Voice acting/Narrator voiceovers!

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 11:17:25

1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time: (N64)
2. Banjo-Kazooie: (N64)
3. Mortal Kombat (Xbox 360)

The Blood Of Lost Souls Stains My Blade

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 12:09:16

At 6/2/13 12:20 PM, VoidForce wrote: 3. Tombi!

also one of my favorites.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 13:41:43

At 6/5/13 02:09 AM, Syrreal wrote:
Tomba! in North America
Tombi! in Europe

It is the same game.

Ohhh now i see. I live in Europe thats why i said tombi.
So you also like it? It was a great game indeed^^

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 13:45:50

At 6/5/13 02:09 AM, Syrreal wrote:
Tomba! in North America
Tombi! in Europe

It is the same game.

oops i made a mistake you are someone else sorry didn't notice.
or maybe you do like it after all?

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 14:30:01

After all these years, I still haven't beaten Tomba, and I don't know where my memory cards are.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-05 23:50:05

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - With fantastic writing, mechanics and staying true to history, it's amazing fun.
Silent Hill 2 - Again, brilliant writing that really creates an atmospheric mood.
Since I can't pick between these three, I'm going for five:
Kane And Lynch: Dead Men - Most of the things I enjoy, is actually the things it tends to be yelled at for. I thought the character development of Kane was absolutely fantastic, with the dialogue writing fully supporting how desperate of a situation Kane is in. The gun mechanics feel more real than I have felt in years. The Fragile Alliance mode still stands for me as the most unique and brilliantly-designed online modes I've witnessed to this day.
The Walking Dead - Obviously I mean the Telltale masterpiece. Everything in the game is brilliantly and solidly designed. Especially the writing which offers up multiple choices, each with an impact. The adventure game part is suitably minimalistic as to focus in on the inter-character communications. It also brought the first child character I actually cared about.
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - Let me get the obvious thing I'm going to say out the way: The writing is brilliant. While the writing loses it's mind pretty hard, it surprisingly works surprisingly well in this state of just absolute insanity. It really improves upon 999 in so many ways. It has a flow mechanic that not only works to reinforce the plot, but also works to let you access all the many different endings much easier. Want to change your ending? Simple. Just jump back through time on a flow diagram to a choice you wish to alter, with each choice providing a different ending. Considering some endings are required to access other endings (like 999 did), this saves so much time and effort, letting you avoid all the tedious parts of running through the parts you've already done. The puzzles in this game are incredibly well created, with none of the puzzles feeling forced and actually having a pretty incredible reason why you have to do the puzzles revealed in the end.

Sorry I couldn't boil it down to just three, but Kane & Lynch: Dead Men, The Walking Dead and Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward are all equally fantastic.

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-06 09:37:50

That's a hard choice, from what I've played:
1. Elder Scrolls series
2. Mass Effect series
3. Not sure, probably Killzone series

I fucking love steak.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-06 11:07:42

Halo 4, only because it got a pretty nice story to it.
Madden series (360), did decently well to played on a team for the state Madden championship (semi-pro tourney)

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-06 11:09:02

At 6/6/13 11:07 AM, TracyJacksonTAW wrote: Halo 4, only because it got a pretty nice story to it.
Madden series (360), did decently well to played on a team for the state Madden championship (semi-pro tourney)

Sorry to double post, press "post" too soon...
My thrid would be GTA IV, it's a good game and can't wait for the 5th one soon !

TracyJackson

The Art of Warfare gaming community Member

Apply into one of our dozen supported clans today! (TAW Clan)

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-07 10:37:17

1 Pokemon (If I had to pick my favorite pokemon game it would be FireRed or Platinum)

2 Animal Crossing (Gamecube/First game)

3 Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time (I don't know if I spelled ocarina correctly)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-08 04:03:46

Crash Bandicoot 2 (PS1)- this game is just fun. no other way to describe it.
the elder scrolls: oblivion (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)- just... this game... it's fucking sexy
Devil may cry 3 (PS2 and whatever else it's on)- my favourite of the series due to tight controls and... well it's a fucking blast to play.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-08 18:25:00

Here's my list:

1.)Minecraft, because, that was one of the most played games for me. I spent so much time on it. Every day, after the school i just played and played and played it. It is the ultimate creative kingdom for me.

2/3.)Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas. I couldn't choose one, because they both were really awesome. The atmosphere in those games are so great. The RPG elements are implimented perfectly in the game, because i truly felt like i was living the game and making every choice for myself. I really hope, that they will make a new Fallout. E3, i'm trusting you.

4.)Earthbound, because i could really spend hours and hours playing Earthbound on my Sony Ericsson Xperia Play's SNES emulator. The phone was perfect for the game. I loved every part about this game.

Other favorite games: Dishonored; Super Meat Boy; Grand Theft Auto; FEZ; Battlefield 3; Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3; Terraria; Team fortress 2; Burnout 3; Need for Speed Underground 2; Need for speed Most Wanted; Hotline Miami; Faster Than Light; Half-Life; Borderlands 2/3; Cave Story.

Those were not all, but i have huge love for all of those games.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-09 12:16:05

3. Mortal Kombat 9
2. Halo 4
1. CoD: Modern Warfare 2

"Thats impossible"-Superman

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-09 12:33:16

Fallout 2 (Killaps RP just makes it more awesome)
FFVI (PS version is trashy and GBA version has airship lag at moments) Emulate or PSP

I usually say Planescape: Torment but it requires alot of internal debate before I can decide. Starcraft, Diablo 2, and DAO are all awesome titles.

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-09 13:25:22

Threads of Fate
Pokemon
Mass Effect 2
League of legends
Platform Racing 2

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-09 16:06:12

At 6/9/13 01:25 PM, beakerboy wrote: Threads of Fate

great game, great soundtrack.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Top 3 best games you've played 2013-06-10 00:27:00

Since there are a lot of games I'll just name some 3 thats less likely to be mention here

Fragile Ruins - An anime like game that an chill-out game, meaning it excels in graphic n plot. I mean seriously the graphic were soo beautiful that it puts those recycled war games to shame (but metroid prime already it to it). To top it off the ost is ambient based and the song are really good. The game is underrated but I do suggest you try it out if you need to relax

Nights into Dreams (2008) - another underrated chillout game that has an ambient ost and with animation/graphics that make cod look like its from sega genesis

Gradius 3 - An arcade shoot them up with high difficulty. Its my childhood game and find it fun n stuff and was lucky I could play the game without continues (gofer no yabou is hard az yo :()

Get lyrically fit!!!!

Props to Embr for putting my sig into shape!!!

BBS Signature